Image Comics

Why the fuck doesn't anyone talk about anything from this publisher besides TWD?

Oh we talk about Saga from time to time also

hiatuses

Most of their comics suck

I see more people talk about Saga, The Fix, Paper Girls, Invincible, Tomboy, Island' and East of West on Sup Forums than I do TWD.

Sup Forums doesn't talk about TWD much at all, user

BIG 3

Honestly most Image books read like tv pitches

The only shit I'm vibing with are Hickman's books, Paper Girls, Nailbiter (Which is like a tv pitch) and Lazarus

>Bedlam will never come back

Is The Walking Dead even popular on Sup Forums?

A lot of other Image comics get talked about a hell of a lot more than TWD.

and East of West

>Island
Do we actually talk about that, or do we just post the gay furry pasta and move on?

>do we just post the gay furry pasta and move on?
That's still more than the monthly TWD thread that gets like 10 posts and half of a storytime before 404ing.

Tomboy's not Image but yeah there is discussion of lots of Image stuff. Don't forget I Hate Fairyland

>Is The Walking Dead even popular on Sup Forums?

no

I don't think I've seen hardly any discussion of the books or the show here. Personally I found them both boring. The show is soapy character drama and the book has shitty uncolorful art with shock violence

I like Image, but i wish there a more consistent release schedule, like i was loving Souther Bastards, but i have absolutely no idea when new issues will come out, and the long waits between chapters is really dampening my enjoyment for the series.
Overall though, i still think they are much better than the big two right now in terms of the number of interesting ongoings.

TWD is one of those things I prefer to catch up on every six or seven months. The single issues just aren't as good on their own.

They aren't good together either because now it just feels like rehashing what's already happened

Black Science
The Fade out/Kill or be killed, or really whatever Brubaker is doing
The Fix
The other stuff Remender is up to...

I see comments about that stuff all the time, but i generally lurk in shelf threads

Because you're either blind or new.

of all their try hard shit all I ever liked was Invincible and Chew and TWD which I stopped liking cause shit was getting dumb really quick no those last two.

Once Invincible ends I'll be done with them.

Go to more horror threads.
Lots of image horror gets recommended.

>Implying Kirkman will ever end his moneymakers

TWD made him so much money he can afford to end Invincible (plus the artist getting tired of it helped too).

I am amazed Ottley ia getting tired before Adlard considering TWD has less effort put into its visuals. Not to mention TWD has even less of a diverse range of characters.
>No robots
>No aliens
>No outlandish superhumans
>Just corpses and scraggly humans

i talk about it! here i am!

i like:

Low
Saga
Roche Limit
East of West
and a bunch of others i can't remember

I like injection

Remember how two years back or whatever Image suddenly got super popular and people were claiming Image was going to beat the big two in few years time because they were enamored by the novelty of creator owned work? Where nobody really stopped to think that Image's popularity depends on regular A-list titles doing well on a month to month basis, and aside from the Walking Dead and Sage Image barely has anything that does that well in terms of sales? Or that most Image books more or less stagnate after a year or so, and the pacing comes almost always shitty?

>Remember how two years back or whatever Image suddenly got super popular and people were claiming Image was going to beat the big two in few years time because they were enamored by the novelty of creator owned work?

No, I'm pretty sure thats something you came up with in your little retarded brain.

I don't remember anybody actually believing that, I thought it was just Kirkman or Eric or somebody who said that. If they did they were likely idiots, probably the same people who this year were babbling about how DC defeated Marvel because they launched a million new #1s and beat them in market share for like two months.

But Marvel's relaunches keep bombing while DC's Rebirth is doing quite well and hasn't seen similar vast drop in sales to what they were pre-relaunch.

Anyone know when new rumble is coming out?

I like it. No bully pls.

This is Sup Forums, we only talk about things we hate.

it was decent. i felt like warren ellis was shoehorning wasted potential from Planetary that never came to fruition because he can't fucking focus his energies in one place

>wasted potential from Planetary
Tell me more of this wasted potential, I loved Planetary.

Copperhead. That's all I'm gonna say.

Did this comic end? I was liking it.

3/4 of the books I read from them barely come out anymore

it's on hiatus

I don't often read comics, but I have greatly enjoyed IHF. It has a really cute art style if nothing else.

This might be a good place to ask:

Did Morning Glories run all the way through? Did it manage to not get stupid? I liked the first trade but then kind of forgot about it waiting for the second and I've been thinking about it recently and I'm wondering whether I should find the rest of it.

How's Chew these days?

It ended

Nooo

Because Saga has about two good characters left and one might or might not die next issue.

I like Paper Girls, Descender, WicDiv, Black Science and Rumble. Got the first trade for Low but haven't read it.

I was really big on Image a couple years ago, but all of their books started to feel like movie pitches and I never had confidence they would last 6 issues. Plus they're cheap trades made it easier to wait.

It's still going. It got beyond stupid. Lost levels of asspull. Unfortunately the characters are still beautiful and sexy so I still read it...