2000-2006 was the peak of human culture. 2007 and on was the descent into the Great Recession, smartphones...

2000-2006 was the peak of human culture. 2007 and on was the descent into the Great Recession, smartphones, and degeneracy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KJuexdl_c5s
youtube.com/watch?v=IfB6C8a8ttg
youtube.com/watch?v=OQP1_yPEQ_s
youtube.com/watch?v=6bglDumHEOc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

2007 was based.

Degeneracy existed long before 2007.

No, 2007 was the year where the Great Recession officially began (in December) and the iPhone was released

Smartphones didn’t really become widely adopted until 2011-2012 though.

IT'S BEEN.... ONE WEEK

>the peak of human culture was when I was 14

OP confirmed for meeting his bully in 2007

The vast majority of current Sup Forums posters were under 10 in 2000.

CAUSE IM IN TOO DEEP

For me it's 6-12

sorry bro that's 96-99.

This was one of the greatest music videos ever.
One by Metallica is still best though

Not sure about the peak, but 2008 was the start of geek going fully mainstream with Iron Man and COD 4 being released that year.

Robots have been BTFO of their own niche. Can't even call people "fake" geeks since everything is on wikipedia, youtube and the internet in general.

>ywn listen to Korn with your bros again as you smoke weed behind the school because your cousin keeps a bowl in an altoids can

I was 10 and turned 11 in 2000.

I'm drunk off your kiss
For another night in a row
This is becoming too routine for me

>edgy teen-angst pop punk
>not degeneracy
At least pop has better aesthetics now and is about getting married and having a family

>and is about getting married and having a family

wat

t. someone who was a kid in 2000-2006

wrong, it was 93-2002

so right it hurts

what a fucking golden era we had, from internet wild west of torrents and other shit, and before smartphones and social media fucked everyone in the head

normies were a fucking mistake

Yeah, but these are the best anime songs of all time.

youtube.com/watch?v=KJuexdl_c5s

youtube.com/watch?v=IfB6C8a8ttg

youtube.com/watch?v=OQP1_yPEQ_s

youtube.com/watch?v=6bglDumHEOc

tfw when you used to spend your summer nights outside on the trampoline with your bros and then going in for all-night Smash Bros Melee sessions

Xavier: Renegade Angel came out in 2007.

Really should've accepted I was a geek/nerd back then. Now everyone is a "geek".

>pop... now
>about getting married and having a family
L O L
O
L

Still haven't figured out what nostalgia is i see.

Unequivocally/unironically this.

>2000's babbies
You're where everything went wrong.

I was born in 1995, not the 2000s

>unironically being under 27
This is an 18+ board.

i wish everyone was dead

you'd be pissed too if you were getting beat up in kindergarten

The average age on the popular boards is probably around 19.

This guy gets it.

Fuck, that makes me feel old.

Hah, i'm an itsy bit over 27.

Tv is full of 30 somethings, the oldest demographic

/tg/ has the oldest base

Human culture peaked in 1913

WW1 and women's suffrage was a mistake

'01 to '05 were my high school years. Even as a teenager I had a weird feeling about the times we were in. The internet was...becoming. And expectations were changing. Everyone seems to agree that '07 was when things changed for good.

I'm 39 and most of you complete and utter faggots will never know the glory that was the 1980's and 1990's!!!FACT!!!

There was a reddit post about three weeks ago about 2007 and after that no one would shut up about it. You're all a bunch of tremendous free thinkers, I'm sure you like Rick and Morty and have very high IQ's and we're all very impressed.

Nah dude, gaming (and geek culture as a whole) was already huge through Halo, and with Halo 3 being released in 2007 it was already mainstream.

This

Everything came crashing down in the year 2000

And im not just talking towers

Late 90's were shit.

I think the thought about 2007 has been around for 2-3 years. I remember seeing it that long ago.

Shit era. Now in 2017 we have everything you had then, plus all the modern tech.

>implying I don't keep a mkii supra and a 280zx for when I feel like 80s cruising

The point though is that if you say an era was good and that era didn't have modern internet, you're an idiot. What kinda sad sack really wants to regress

Maybe for you but it was still a great time overall!!!FACT!!!

Not a chance in hell that Sup Forums has the oldest demographic on Sup Forums. I’m sure there are plenty of people in their 30s here but the vast majority is well under 23.

>you will never watch The O.C for the first time again

Summer pls...

2007/2008 is also when Xbox Live really took off.

Geek culture was alive and mainstream for a while, we even had a geek/gaming channel, internet usage went up and just showed how many there actually were

>Late 90's were shit.
False. They were fucking awesome.

>Now in 2017 we have everything you had then, plus all the modern tech.
We didn't have SJW shit, trans shit, social media faggotry, etc. Movies were movies. Tv was Tv, sports were sports. Now everything is watered down diversified shit.

Fucking Spice Girls were the biggest thing on the planet. Fuck off.

Late 90s were pretty sweet as a 10-12 year old kid.

It was still relatively niche in certain aspects and still had a certain stigma. I mean, compare the cosplayers of then to the cosplayers of now. The beautiful people have taken over.

Halo is the best video game series ever made. Millennials will disagree because it's too competitive.

How old are you?

The modern tech is what's so fucking awful. The world becomes more and more about instant gratification every day

Yes you did have sjw shit, I'm guessing you spent the 70s 80s and 90s in some backwater hole of less than 40k population. Big cities have ALWAYS been rife with that faggotry, internet just brought it into all our homes. Movies and TV also had their fair share of shit, and sports are better than ever. Just admit you pine for times when your back didn't hurt all the time already

I seem to recall something similar being said when the automobile and telephone were invented
Nobodys forcing you to use it

Spice Girls were hot. And better than 90% of music today.
You're also completely forgetting all the other great music. Nowadays is literally either rap or country. Both genres fucking suck.

That's what I'm saying, like the only big esports guy that was even vaguely famous was fata1ity dude and diago(?) at the point.

Your brain has been infected by the gay, seek medical help.

You’re a millennial.

If you're under 40 you're a millennial. Enjoying your iPad and latte?

>I like everything except country and rap
Holy shit, I found the faggot who still listens to slipknot

You were 14 for seven years?

>Enjoying your iPad and latte?

?

>Yes you did have sjw shit, I'm guessing you spent the 70s 80s and 90s in some backwater hole of less than 40k population.
Nigga what? You couldn't make Married with Children, All in the Family, and tons of movies today without some fucking snowflake backlash. SJWs don't even watch Friends because Ross wouldn't let his kid play with a Barbie.
>Big cities have ALWAYS been rife with that faggotry
You obviously were never in NYC in the 90s. We elected Guiliani as mayor twice.
>Movies and TV also had their fair share of shit,
Uh, what? Movies and TV are mostly always shit, but pre-2007 they took chances. THEY WANTED to OFFEND PEOPLE. Pulp Fiction wouldn't be made today. Nor would tons of other films and tv shows.
>and sports are better than ever
Underage faggot detected. The NBA has become meme 3 point/drunk trash. NFL is totally watered down to prevent injuries. Baseball is becoming a meme game with defensive shift and Moneyball garbage (smallball is dead), and nobody watches NHL because they score 1 goal every 19 periods. And that's not even counting the politics in sports nowadays.
>your back hurts gramps
Underage pussy detected. Go back to watching people opening boxes on youtube.

>Holy shit, I found the faggot who still listens to slipknot
I really don't listen to anything new. It's kinda sad. Music now is literally nig thug shit or white trash garbage.

Speak for yourself. I don't identify as a millennial.

The 60s cultural revolution was the biggest mistake.

No it isn’t. Stop only paying attention to top 40 mainstream shit, dummy.

I find it fucking hilarious how people around 18-24 try to do so mental gymnastics to convince themselves that the current generation is better than previous generations.

Cringe

Since you took a knee

I don’t really care what you choose to identify as. I was just pointing out that at 25, you firmly fit into the millennial demographic.

Name some thug shit that offended you. You're not that guy who tunes into the classic rock station on the way to work and ends his music experience there are you? I'm just saying if you're not "hip," don't bother commenting on music culture. Just turn the Queen up and stay in the back

Let's hear yours.

You're right, there's ton of great shit out there that 99% of the population has never heard of. Even on Sup Forums they only talk about k-pop and albums from 20+ years ago.

>I don't identify as a millennial.
Don't tell me there are more fucking pronouns for your deluded millennial shit

Castlevania

>Name some thug shit that offended you
Nothing offends me, it's just not good.
> I'm just saying if you're not "hip," don't bother commenting on music culture.
Says the faggot that pays to listen to Drake literally talk sentences into a microphone.

Tomba

He's almost right, it was Timesplitters.

Yep. Well, I guess we'll see who's superior when we pay for the roughest, cheapest Jamaican maid 10$ will get.

2007-2012 gave us the golden age of kpop though

Yep, there it is. You had to set up a strawman because you know how retarded you sound. Thanks for playing, you can pick up your The Who CD on the way out.

If you're top 5 is not Metroid Prime, Halo, Gears of War, Geometry Wars, and Mario Kart you are millennial.

>can't name anything
>it's not good though, I swear!
Hmm

2009 was when I stopped liking new video games and movies.
Maybe OP has a point.

>herr derr strawman, herr derr gramps
Just accept the fact that music today is garbage. You can put on a Biggie, Tupac, Wu Tang song, etc and I can tell the difference. All these rappers sound the same nowadays. It's sad that people listen to this shit.

The 2007 thing has been a point of conversation for several years now. Get the fuck over yourself.

Thats nothing, my ma's been 30 for 15 years

but thast wrong, Fact.