Revolting Rhymes

>Look through catalogue
>Nothing

The fuck, I'd have thought you niggas would be all over this. Roald Dahl, wolves, waifus, guns being withdrawn from undergarments. What more could you want?

youtube.com/watch?v=qn7jgJS-PVE

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0873p0q/revolting-rhymes-2-part-two
mega.nz/#!NR0lWaqL!X0qJycQK85oOm-P7QYc3jfaGce2uF3CDjvfXlavbLK4
youtube.com/watch?v=A37r9KoLjOc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i wanna fuck the wolf

Red is best girl

This right here.

I wanna fuck the baby sitter.

I hope you mean the fluffy one.

i was getting gay vibes from red and snow white, anyone else?

Yes. Also I swear I saw the Snow White kidnap scene in Once Upon a Time

I was going to make one, but this site is full of americucks.

Fuck off britard, no need to be a chucklefuck.

When does the next one come out?

It's airing tonight at 6:30.

Cool. I'll be looking forward to it if it gets uploaded.

>What more could you want?
Hand drawn animation :^)

>killing the pig
That was just going overboard.

Best girl.

He had it coming.

He deserved it more then the wolves.

Yeah, I was wondering if they were just really close friends (since childhood) or was there... more to it than that.

I suppose it's the mistletoe motif and the Christmas tradition of mistletoe getting mixed up in my head.

Lurking Drawfags: Red X Snow kiss under the mistletoe.

Part two just aired and it was nice.
I want to hug the wolf and wish him a happy new year.

I was kind of expecting Red and Snow to be married.

Online when?

Aren't they?

I just watched some random stream, I honestly have no idea.
Soon, I hope.
Any helpful meganons around

No, at the end of the first one Snow visits her house and Red answers the door, followed out by her kids.
Shit was weird.

>Shit was weird.
you know this is based on a Roald Dahl book, they didn't have lesbians back then in kids books

They mix-and-matched the stories for this adapation; in Dahl's original, the stories were seperate but here they were interwoven together. Likewise, the babysitter and wolf elements were created as a framing device to tell the stories.

This being a child-friendly production by the BBC, I doubt there would have been any out-right expression of The Forbidden Love, so any implication of LGBTness is either a subtle reflection of modern culture or our yuri-goggles are on too tight.

This really took me by suprise by how great it was, especially after the Bear Hunt adaptation ended up being pretty meh.

Really funny all the way through, beautiful designs and animation and three god tier waifus and one god tier husbando.

When did he make this? I thought Shrek was the first Anti-Fairytale.

The tv special is brand new, aired for the first time yesterday and today.

The book it was based on was published in 1982.

works satirising fairy-tales have been around for ages my dude

has part 2 been uploaded anywhere yet?

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0873p0q/revolting-rhymes-2-part-two

only works in britain unfortunately, try to find a uk proxy or something

Don't die thread.

Fuck...I really want more of this, the perfect balance of comedy and tragedy plus a twist to make things not boring as hell.

This Cinderella really needs art.

Someone post a message when an alternate stream gets uploaded.

>yuri-goggles on too tight

Nah man, they were pretty homo for each other

Ugh, take off your hetero lens, bigot.

Torrents are up.

>Waifus
Well from the screens hot you posted they probably aren't much to look at.

Part 2.
mega.nz/#!NR0lWaqL!X0qJycQK85oOm-P7QYc3jfaGce2uF3CDjvfXlavbLK4

It's too bad they could only fit in most of the stories, leaving out Goldilocks.

So how do y'all felt about the ending of part 2? Did it live up to your expectations?

thanks homie

I need you to tell me, is this actually good? I fucking adored the original rhymes book and Blake's illustrations, but the clips I'd seen of this looked like it had sucked all the punch out of the poetry.

Oh fuck off, retard.

Part 2 is on Youtube if you're not up for downloading the MEGA.

youtube.com/watch?v=A37r9KoLjOc

Jack was cuter dirty.

i really enjoyed this, definitely did roald dahl's work justice. you won't be disappointed.

i really enjoyed the artstyle particularly - it bothers me how homogenous 3d animation is nowadays, so it was really nice to see a more stylised artstyle. the scenery was very nice and the character designs were really great too.

does anyone know if the people who made this have done anything else? because i'd love to check it out.

there are nice touches in the animation you might enjoy that keep the pace together.

Fucking love Roald Dahl. Anybody here read his adult stories and/or biography?

Okay as a piece of animation, but virtually unrecognisable as Dahl's work desu. In fact I'd say it forgot the part where it's supposed to be 'revolting'. The attempts to add in cute or feelsy stuff is totally at odds with the pulpy and humorously vicious world Dahl was envisioning. All of the nasty and visceral edge is sanded off, cut away every time something bad happens, they can't even do the decapitations without making them harmless. (Their approach also results in some unmanaged tonal dissonance when they include killing the pig and turning him into a bag despite their having tried to make Red a nice and sympathetic character.) A lot of the original invented dialogue felt like bland filler killing time until it could get to the next rhyme, in fact the sheer disconnect between the colourful world of the rhymes and the sluggish dramaturgy trying to stitch it all together was painful.
I actually didn't hate the wolf narrator but by the end I was a bit baffled as to what the point of any of this was.

Spot on.

Here's your (you)

They got rid of it.

Here's your (me)

I'm surprised nothing happened to the Queen.

The concept of revenge, while indicating the inability to escape judgement, similar of the original fairy tales which would have alluded to the inevitable judgement of god, demonstrates a more humanist approach. The characters, excluding the straw and stick house pigs, receive what they deserve, not from acts of fate, but from others seeking repayment for what had been done to them, such as when Rolf is killed by Red for eating her grandmother, or Rex for eating the pigs and in turn when Red's children are eaten by the wolf as revenge for her slaying of his. What too sets the judgement of god in the original tales apart from that of 'Revolting Rhymes' is the ability for the characters to get away with their own crimes. Normally, revenge in itself would be a sin, and that isn't counting the various disturbing methods the characters use to perform the deed. Protagonists of the revenge tragedies of the Mediaeval era would have no other choice but to die for vengeance, reflective of the ideaology of ones fate being controlled solely by God. This eventually changed with the rise of the Age of Discovery leading to the Renaissance, which saw greater power handed to the people to control their own fate. These humanists values are reflected in the wolf's quote "Gambling is not a sin, provided that you always win." The fairy tale reinterpretation, rather than express morals, demonstrates the ability to accomplish things using reason over divine intervention, and shows that the eye of God is not as all seeing as the original tales would have made the responder to believe.

Only snow white really had any beef with her, and she's too nice to do anything other that steal her mirror.

So what changes are made from the books?

(You)

What so is the prince Snow White's half-brother?

Read his biography, felt like a large portion was missing as I only read about his childhood. If I remember correctly he and his friends ended up killing an old lady while he was in elementary school.

These were a really enjoyable watch. The style was a little jarring at first but grew on me pretty quickly. It was nice seeing something that wasn't generic 3D. Thanks for sharing, OP

Poor wolf guy

Which one did you read I believe two of them by different authors exist.

He wrote two, the first is about being a kid and going to school and the second is him as an adult and joining the air force