Who has a bigger cultural influence, DC heroes or Marvel heroes?

Who has a bigger cultural influence, DC heroes or Marvel heroes?

And which superhero has a bigger influence?

I'd say DC, though Marvel is certainly catching up fast. Lot of Marvel heroes who were completely unknown to normies are now household names.

I can't think of any superhero who would come close to the cultural reach of Superman and Batman. Maybe Spider-Man. Hulk and Cap would be fairly high

You're forgetting Wolverine.
And... until the MCU Cap was nowhere near the level of Hulk. I'd argue that Iron Man is now at least hovering around that level.
So maybe the "top tier" is Superman, Batman and Spidey, and then immediately below them comes Hulk, Iron Man, Wolverine and Wonder Woman. Then the other Leaguers, MCU Avengers, and probably a few of the X-Men. And the Fantastic Four, if only for their shitty movies.

You're right, I completely forgot Wolverine.

I might have been biased with Cap, because he was one of the few non-X-Men Marvel heroes I knew before I got into comics.

DC fucking created superheroes you faggots. Of course its influence is larger.

>you faggots
No need for name calling.

You could have just ignored the thread if thought it was "stupid" for you.

DC came first

Almost everything from marvel is just following a DC template

being known is not the same as influencial in pop culture.

Most peope know about Batman, Superman, their story and their villians, details about them as characters, Alfred, Lois Lane, etc

While people don't seem to recall anything about Tony Stark, Cap or anyone as characters beyond the kind of powers they have.

Flavor of the month

Superman. The End

Characters like Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are worldwide icons, and their names alone are now associated with certain ideals and values that even the most normal of normies is aware of. Superman is THE superhero that standardized the way the world knows them to this day. Superman's shield is probably one of the most recognized logos on the planet, and is immediately understood as a universal symbol for good.

Meanwhile, nobody but neckbeards really gave a shit about anything Marvel until 8 years ago.

The way it's going, I fear that soon Marvel will become synonym for superhero among normies, if it's not like that already.

I wouldn't be suprised if they ended being that because kids nowdays really like them.

Though, I don't think they will have the cultural influence Superman and Batman have.

>no Pym or Wasp

enough of this meme

Batman and Superman changed everything. Marvel characters are just a blip on the radaright, despite what Hollywood would have you believe.

DC by far

Superman is so influential that his very name embodies a concept that is understood worldwide

Literally not a single marvel character comes close to this

>No need for name calling.
did you just started using Sup Forums yesterday you fucking faggot?

There is such a big difference. Marvel heroes are popular right now, but they're still not creating the kind of long-lasting impact on society that Superman and Batman have had for the past 60+ years. The only reason they are popular is because of the current movies, which are so incredibly forgettable that as soon as they fade away, the public's high opinion of the characters will as well. The fact that they're making so many of the damn things is only hurting them, because they all just kind of blend together into one forgettable mass.

The way our media culture is structured nowadays, there is no more room for creating icons like Batman and Superman. Things move so fast, everything is a flash in the pan. If Marvel heroes were going to make any kind of lasting impact, they needed to do it a long time ago.

No need for name calling

Even in 3rd world nations an authoritarian states, where Superman is little more than "American/Jewish Domination Fantasy #934,345" the Man of Spiders is well-known and respected.
Superman is recognizeable and old. Peaked out in the 80's. Now his copyright owners have people like Hack Snyder busily working on ruining his mythos.

Batman is synonymous with American greed and how it allows you to ignore laws and social conventions. He's little more than WB/DCs cash-cow in the modern age.

Even so:
#1. Spidey
#2. Batman
#3. Superman

Being in Sup Forums isn't an excuse to not be able to act like a decent human being.

Insulting everyone for every little thing is angsty teenage thing. So, stop embarrassing yourself.

With that said, I leave this thread so it may resume being a DC hugbox.
Those poor guys, really, really, really need it.

See yas in the Wonder Woman apologists threads.

>Who has a bigger cultural influence, DC heroes or Marvel heroes?
DC
>And which superhero has a bigger influence?
Superman

i think reddit and tumblr might be more up your alley

Whoah, is it 1959 again?
Need to find some pomade!

>DC created superheroes

Tell that to the Greeks and their epic poems.

>tumblr
This place is full of angsty teenage stuff. I actually it's the perfect place for you.

>Being in Sup Forums isn't an excuse to not be able to act like a decent human being.
Of course it is, you twat. That's the magic of anonymous posting.

>Literally not a single marvel character comes close to this
Superman's obviously the most influential for shaping what it means to be super, but I'd argue that he doesn't exactly have the greatest impact on society as a role model.

Fucking nobody wants to be Superman growing up. He's literally too super.

Spider-man and Batman are in a toss up on that category. Spider-man for "with great power comes great responsibility" and for having cool powers, a sharp wit, and a girlfriend and shit and Batman for being a rich badass.

no I have to call you nigger and faggot to show you how edgy i am! >.

Ancient Sumeria created superheroes.
Pulp magazines and newspapers had DC beat too.

Sorry, m8, but cultural influence is cumulative.

DC set the groundwork for Marvel to reap the rewards.
Biggest is clearly Batman.

Then you are truly a coward because you needs an anonymous site to show your true colors.

>Then you are truly a coward because you needs an anonymous site to show your true colors.
when did newfags became this obnoxious?
am I being trolled?

This.

Superman is and always will be the most recognized Superhero of all time.

And Batman is a close second.

DC is absolutely more iconic and has a bigger influence on pop culture.

I'm a Slav in a Slav country, asking my mother about superheroes, or showing them pictures of them she'd be able to name Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and that's probably it.
She knows that there's all this stuff today as Avengers, Iron Man or Captain America but she really doesn't care about it.

She might even name some villains and side characters like Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Alfred, Joker, Penguin or Catwoman.

No they didn't. They created Batman. Just about everything else they bought from another dying company.

kys

DC obviously

BTFO

Grow up, kid.

It's a time for you to move on from the middle schoolers insults.

Did you seriously bumped this thread for this? Literally, how old are you?

yer a nigger child

>Superfags denying the influence of Batman

Literally put Batman as another one of the biggest in my post.

Batfags have inferiority complexes.