/trek/ general

Comfy poker edition. No arguing over acronyms here.

How can other captains even compete against the thinker and he fighter

It's weird to see /trek/threads die before reaching bump limit. We've been pretty active for the last couple of weeks

Wolf 359 was an inside job

>Jet Fuel can't melt Cardassian Pylons

Of course it was an inside job. Picard was the inside man.

Well technically yeah Jean Luc had inside knowledge of the Wolf 359 layout and ships available.

Just watched ds9 homefront and paradise lost. Weird how prescient they feel in a post - 9/11 world

everyone is split between /disc/ /trek/ and random nerds making star trek threads not keeping it to the general.

Well, DS9 was made before 9/11, so...

>reminder that Joseph Sisko was replaced by a Changeling who, after studying him and adopting his lifestyle, came to understand the human perspective and felt legitimate remorse for what he did and continued to "live" as Joseph Sisko for Ben's sake.

>prescient

That's just head canon.

good news for ENT, it is no longer the worst ST.

He "speculated" that Changelings could beat blood tests by holding pools of the victims blood inside themselves for extraction, which was later proven to be true on multiple occasions.

I know. So what? That just shows a fucking cook has more common sense than starfleet.

There are so many Trek/Sci-Fi threads these days that I'm not surprised at all. In fact, I'm surprised that so many HAVEN'T died before their time for this very reason.

Sunday night, multiple Discovery and Orville threads, Blade Runner, et al.. yeah this is understandbable.

Pic related, I'm watching early tonight then signing off on the season 3 two-parter "The Search".

Why were Odo's people all dressed in flesh colored gown turtlenecks?

It was revealed in "Treachery, Faith and the Great River" that the Vorta were uplifted by the Changelings, who were pursued and persecuted by Gamma Quadrant solids. In "Behind the Lines," the Female Changeling tells Odo "Eons ago we were like them, limited to one form, but then we evolved."

It seems likely the Founders were geneticists who gave themselves powers, as they did to the Vorta and Jem'Hadar (although they say appearing to those races is a rare event, there is an immediate recognition on behalf of those races. I assume the basic, flesh-colored modesty and Odo-like face are some sort of genetic memory "agreed-upon" form, and the explanation that he was trying to look like Dr. Pel was just inductive reasoning.

>the first episode of DS9 where Sisko can barely prevent himself from knocking Picard the fuck out

So tell me this Sup Forums. Why have I never heard of the Andromeda series until today? It does take place in the trek universe right?

The Prophets had nothing to say about it?

Any fat Riker fic?

>talking ill of enterprise

Y-you wouldn't like me when I'm.. angry..

TNB

was Sisko's madman clock a real thing? is it a take on some old school version of a star clock?

Shhh don't bring them up. It's a kiss of death

It's a good theory. I like it because it shows species reaching the level of self-directed evolution, which seems to be what Star Trek is all about; climbing the evolutionary ladder. The Founders are obviously masters at genetic manipulation: they can tailor the genetic coding of species like the Vorta, and create creatures like the Jem Hadar that mature fully in a few days, but their DNA is similar enough to humanoids that Dr. Bashir and Section 31 can understand it well enough to create diseases and cures. Genetic engineering seems to be the one field in which the Dominion surpasses every other race we've seen so far (excluding God-races like the Q).

>The Founders are obviously masters at genetic manipulation
Then why couldn't they cure themselves of a plague devised by an inferior species?

It sounds nice and all, but it's implausible. If they are such wizards at genetic manipulation they should've been able to cure themselves.

The Founders as a metaphor for Jews, Pt. ?
>Jews believe in a formless god
>The Female Changeling tells Odo "To become a thing is to know a thing."; "To assume it's form is to understand it's existence."
>Jewish tactics routinely involve using native host country names, both sur- and fore-, attending various festivals and holidays, as well as assuming roles in host country cultures.

Odo was infected before the war started; they had no reason to suspect, at that point, that a secret division of their rival was going to try and exterminate them preemptively. It's also possible that they could have figured out a cure if they were healthy, but by the time they realized what was happening they were in too weak a state to take action. The disease had a long period of dormancy, and this makes sense if you think about it; Sec. 31 wanted to give it time to infect as many of the Changelings as possible. As Founders move in and out of the great link each one gets infected without being aware of it, so that by the time it activates, all of them have been infected, and there won't be any healthy ones capable of working on a cure or administrating the Dominion.

Not a very solid explanation but it's more than nothing.

As STD goes on I think it might actually be decent. Tonight's episode did feel kinda rushed tho, hopefully that doesn't continue

Because it was a shitty show ruined by the lead actor's ego and meddling

No it is not the Trek universe

No it's just a show created from ideas that never made it into trek. They aren't at all related. Still a damn good show but after season 2 things kinda go to shit

Once that disease got going, it didn't waste time. By the time we learn about the disease, the Female changeling was barely able to maintain her healthy form for more than a few minutes. By the time the Founders realized they were being attacked by a virus was probably too late for them to mount a collective response (the female changeling was forced to rely on Vorta doctors). Most of them were in the link, and the rest were probably in the same state as the Female Changeling. Also, being able to manipulate their own genes doesn't necessarily mean they'd be able to automatically figure out another species might attack you; it's a different technology, from a different species, with an entirely different way of thinking. To cure it, they'd first need to look at the Federation's genetic engineering capabilities, to try and get an understanding of what they were up against. Doing all this, when they can't get ships through the wormhole, and their species has months (a year tops) to live, isn't possible.

There was a producer change or some shit then they changed the entire focus of the show. It still wasn't bad but it wasn't as good as it was

to add to this, they never figured out that the Federation was responsible for infecting them in the first place, so they never even figured out where they'd need to start gathering info.

I draw fat Riker images, any requests?

Just starting the last season of voayger. The unimatrix 0 two parter seems monumentally retarded for at least a half dozen reasons. Ill finish the show though as i thought the last half of season 6 was actually pretty good, Plus 7 of 9 is objectively the hottest piece of trek ass,

fair enough

fat riker doggy styling troi, and his fat gut rests on troi's ass

imagine how decadent and warm changeling sex must be

Supposedly it's like totally giving yourself to and becoming one with your partner. It's like what women wish sex was like.

>Ironic, isn't it?
>The hunted now control the destinies of hundreds of other races.
But why control anyone?
>Because what you can control can't hurt you.

Jews were routinely driven out, hunted, or relegated to ghettos in various European nations up until the end of WW2.

They find a multi-racial mongrel race without a tie to a home or land and with no single culture to call their own a pliable and easily manipulated race suited to serve their needs as well as to keep them from harming Jews/Israel.

why did odo turn into such a faggot in the last season

So, how do you not protect one of the most important, strategic and dependent sectors in Federation space within 6 months of the war with the Klingons? Having to rely on barely experimental warp technology to come to the rescue or risk the crumbling of the Federation? Discovery sucks dick

Yes, we've seen this spammed image 100s of times, but thanks for the bump I guess.

Troi being so sexy in this picture

Fat Riker in a Walmart fat people cart.

kirk could probably chin check pike but i like pike better as captain

>that episode where he clocks Q for suggesting he and picard are alike

Don't be such a fucking idiot.

15:45 "Klingons ambushed the blockade that was protecting the colony."

ftfy

>red dwarf
>satanic tier
wow this is butthurt
also std is ent tier stop lying to yourself

>wow this is butthurt
It's not butthurt, it's a fact. You have no business being in space when all you can do for humor is shitty poker jokes and jamming with Hitler. Space is completely superfluous for that kind of humor so it should not be considered sci-fi at all. Satanic tier it goes.

>Keiko
>did nothing wrong
I mean Dukat is one thing, I agree, but KEIKO?! FUCKING KEIKO? SHE IS LITERALLY WORSE THAN Q!

MMMMMIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!

Exactly!

>watching STD 0102
>they walk on the bridge to TOS sounds

Why do they do this? I don't remember ENT pandering this hard

2 janeways did many wrongs, she kept putting voyager at risk for coffee and keiko is just the worst

I just watched the TNG episode where she reverted to loli state. She was still a bitch then. Too bad Miles was too much of a cunt to smash her then.

>mirror hoshi removed
why, she was based
also
>hnnnnnnnng
it does have business being in space
like cat and the episodes where weird space shit happens
the salt here is real
red dwarf is based

The last time Britbongs managed to do anything even remotely funny was around 30 years ago. Mr. Bean and Monthy Python. That's it. Brit humor is literally shittier than brit cuisine.

>first, sounds from the TOS bridge
>cut to Klingons very cumbersomely conversing
>cut back to federation bridge and you hear TNG era sounds

WTF IS THIS SHIIIIIII

You will hear plenty of sounds from TOS and TNG.

>You will hear plenty of sounds from TOS and TNG.

Right, but it's obvious they're in complete pander/shill mode by trying to appeal to every series' audience?

Not to mention, this shit is the most JJ of all the post ENT Star Trek I've ever seen. None of the movies compare in terms of the style and production. It's okay, but that's only if it weren't stamped with the Trek name and used in the same universe.

As Trek, it isn't. It isn't Trek at all and doesn't even capture the spirit of any of the pre-JJ series.

Holy shit, how can someone be so buttflustered over something as evident and self-explanatory as the same instruments sounding the same across series.

>Holy shit, how can someone be so buttflustered over something as evident and self-explanatory as the same instruments sounding the same across series.

You understand that the series takes place before TOS?

Why didn't we hear TNG sounds in the original series?

Do you not see the fundamental chronological flaws therein?

Come back later, I'll find something worse to about this shitshow to damage.

>buttflustered
don't try to fit in with us by using dated board vernacular that barely no one uses anymore

>Why didn't we hear TNG sounds in the original series?
Because 1987 synthetic sounds didn't exist in 1966? The better question would be why we haven't heard TOS sounds in TNG.

How would you know it's dated if you're so new here, you can't even properly reply?

Not him but I think getting upset about sounds is getting into the autism sphere. There are plenty of things to bitch about stick to them. Bitching about the sound a starship makes is fag tier fan baby shit.

>How would you know it's dated if you're so new here, you can't even properly reply?
even more evidence that you don't come here often

grab a clue and come back with more shop-worn replies

>Because 1987 synthetic sounds didn't exist in 1966?

I'm talking about in-universe. Why in the world would the TNG bridge sounds suddenly show up BEFORE TOS? And when we didn't hear any of them on any of the ships in TOS? It's an obvious appeal to more than one fanbase, you conveniently omit that as well. This is a very obvious chronological flaw that producer seemed to completely not care about.

No, pretty sure you're the same guy or another shill but it's not autism sphere to see something so obviously wrong as cause and effect. Only people that saw the original series and TNG would notice it so why make such an egregious error and converging two disparate timelines when in the original there never was any of the TNG sounds? Why would we hear Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue" in a 1940s night club? It's basic chronology.

By using the stairs?

So did a bunch of nerds in the late 1990's.

Okay, you're definitely on the autism spectrum.

It looks like a series of astrolabes, but it was supposed to be a Bajoran clock or something.

>Okay, you're definitely on the autism spectrum.
I accept your graceless defeat.

It's literally instrumentality.

>all his life Picard has believed and upheld the Prime Directive to the utmost of his ability, even when it puts him against his crew and personal morals
>in Insurrection he violates it and commits mutiny to help some selfish, elitist bumfucks hogging life-saving radiation and the chance for some milf pussy

I hate that fucking movie so goddamn much, also the production values are worse than TOS.

>I hate that fucking movie so goddamn much, also the production values are worse than TOS.

What's even worse is that people rank Nemesis below it all because of a dune buggy scene and retarded Data.

>It's literally instrumentality.
In what context do you mean this?

They all become goo and share a collective consciousness with unlimited imagination.

>They all become goo and share a collective consciousness with unlimited imagination.
Jesus, is this biology's endgame? Sounds like heaven.

SEELE get out

>not autism sphere to see something so obviously wrong
No you are right, but your autism starts showing when you make 8+ posts about it and get upset about it. A normal person would point it out and make a quip about the mistake and be done. You on the other had have the proverbial megaphone in your hand telling the whole thread that this will not stand! That sir is autism and (you) have it.

MY WIFE TO YOUR WIFE

YOUR THOTS TO MY THOTS

DABO!!!!

Are there any unwatchably bad episodes of TNG?

I'm going to jump into the series and want to know if I should skip anything.

>No you are right, but your autism starts showing when you make 8+ posts about it and get upset about it. A normal person would point it out and make a quip about the mistake and be done. You on the other had have the proverbial megaphone in your hand telling the whole thread that this will not stand! That sir is autism and (you) have it.

But it's not autism when the flaw is so embarrassingly bad. I'm not like these brainlets going on about the dutch angles, I really don't care so long as the material is decent.

Thought it really destroys the immersion when they are actively saying "Hey, old fans, hear that? Yep, that's Kirk. Oh and that? Yep, that's Picard." All the while the two shouldn't be in the same timeframe, especially one the show exists prior to TOS.

If it makes me autistic for pointing out that something that didn't exist before something else is made to seem like it did then color WOOWEE

>proven true on multiple occasions
that never happened

no skips on first watches of anything

Yes, but don't skip if its your first time, you need to see the bad ones to appreciate the good ones.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

>Are there any unwatchably bad episodes of TNG?

I really can't think of one. Season 1 though is filled with a lot of bad stuff. The Child from season 2 was atrocious.

You take the good, you take the bad.
You take them both and there you have TNG.