To accept Villeneuve as a quality director is to garb yourself in a coat of hot pockets and video games and then writh...

To accept Villeneuve as a quality director is to garb yourself in a coat of hot pockets and video games and then writh around on the ground in a supermarket while screaching and slapping yourself on the sides of your head.

He is cheeto dust. Nothing more.

His is french-Canadian and it means he is cool and hip

you can use this pasta all you want
it still won't make what it says untrue

Prisoners and Sicario are his only good films

Arrival was a disappointment along with Blade Runner

Enemy.

You can say that about literally any director though

you can
but villeneuve, apart form edgar wright and christopher nolan, is the only one where the statement in op's post applies 100%

He's inconsistent, Prisoners was really good.

>his
>good films
Champions of inauthentic cinema like you have no business being on Sup Forums. As evidenced by your post, vermin like you become confused and afraid when confronted with authentic cinema.

Take a hike, kid. This isn't some let's-hug-each-other-while-watching-villeneuve-flicks reddit playground. This is a battleground where the war between inauthentic and authentic thought is being fought.

Pleb. Watch Polytechnique.

Elephant for plebs

literally every director your pleb dumb fuck

Prisoners was the start of his downfall

*Downvotes*

>Huh I seem to forget why I left Sup Forums, I feel like discussing BR2049
>see this
>leave again
This board is the worst.

>BR2049
It is a plebeian tier "first year film buff" magnet. Another cinematic hotpocket on the linear path of adolescent film favorites after Fight Club, The Big Lebowski, Pulp Fiction, The Dark Knight.

Fedoraeuphoric Sup Forums cinema.

kill yourself, moron, you're pure fucking cancer.

>Responding to bait that obvious

jesus christ, you're on another level pal.

baka desu senpai

It isn't bait. Plebs like want to encourage the plebs sensibility on this board because it makes their job easier. They want "dude everyone get hyped for the latest movie, ha ha I love fun popcorn times aren't movies fun and comfy. you booked your tickets yet? Look at the rotten tomatoes score! Oh, you didn't like it? Well that's okay, everyone is entitled to their opinion" pleb friendly environment. Real Sup Forums has always raged against this drift towards hugbox on a daily basis.
Cinema should be a slaughter house. This is a medium of suffering in the name of authenticity and the board should refect that. This isn't 'fun times "film buff" clubhouse'.

>real Sup Forums
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

I know this is bait. But I've seen this attitude towards Michael Mann as well. Usually whenever there's a thread about him, someone always mentions it caters to video gamers, which makes little sense to me. I mean, the same comments don't usually surface on capeshit or Del Taco threads.

stay mad my friend

Whoever is posting that about Mann maybe on to something, but I don't see it. And for capeshit/del toro(I'm guessing) there is no work that needs to be done as both have already been cemented as pleb fodder.

Sacre bleu where is me mama?

I masturbated to the rape scene in Incendies

Sup Forums is a more of an ideology than a film discussion forum. Either you are 100% committed to this place and devote your life to it completely or there is no place here at all.

This is a board where the cinema loving intellectuals come to calculate defense strategies against the nigerization, reddificiation and capeshit video game infuence upon not only cinema, but white culture at large. If you want "LE MUBIE BUFF :)))))" then fuck off to r/movies or IMDB. Sup Forums has a cultural genocide to stop and there is no room for the undevoted villeneuve baby.

ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

You're right my man, imma post this on r/the_donald

>appealing to my Sup Forums sensibilities in a desperate attempt to get me to renounce Villegod
tough luck, kiddo

Normies BTFO

You don't have any Sup Forums sensibility otherwise you wouldn't have picked him up after watching Polytechnique

man this guy has got to have one of the most sensitive fan bases to date. i can't tell if it's funny or sad.

Post your Villeneuve rankings
>Blade Runner 2049
>Incendies
>Arrival
>Prisoners
>Enemy
>Sicario

>Blade Runner 2049
>Prisoners
>Enemy
>Arrival
>Polytechnique
>Sicario
>Incendies

switch arrival and enemy and it's good

this pleb missed the point too. the circumstances of your birth do not make you inherently special, but you can still be special through your actions and the people you impact.

Blade Runner 2049 > Enemy > Sicario > Prisoners > Polytechnique > Arrival > Incendies > Maelstrom

>not liking Incendies
Confirmed for American hating subtitles

HAHAAHAHAHAHAH

I liked it, just not my favorite

I have about as much respect for denis villeneuve as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hotpocket. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it.

It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is tarantino. It is imdb.

>2049
>Enemy
>Sicario
>Arrival
>Prisoners
>Incendies
>Polytechnique

Why does every 'insult' to Villeneuve on here come off as pasta. Like, I can't take any of it seriously

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaaahahahahahahhahahahahahahaaashshshshsjshajajahahahahaha

it's a samefag with very limited creativity, for starters. And several of them are pastas.

Why do low iq people like him so much?

>It is tarantino
This made me chuckle

>tfw when you realise that villeneuve is an even plebber director than tarantino or nolan because his falsely profound anti-intellectualism is even more offensive and pretentious

seriously villeneuve might even be as much of an insult as scorsese at this point.

Seek help

why do I need help? you need help with your poor taste in film friendo

Kill yourself

Your behavior is pathologic. Seek help. Nothing is worth your sanity, not even cinema.

>BASED jim cowering below plebbineuve

give me a fucking break, kid. hackineuve's latest box office flop is literally putting alcon out of business, meanwhile BASED jim is being begged to make sequels to the highest grossing movie of all time. virgin vs chad meme, if you will

shut up you loathsome member of the unwashed masses

>fan of Cameron calling anyone a member of the unwashed masses
lel the irony

opening this thread was like walking into a tackle store

How do you become famous film director in blockbuster category?

I mean, i don't give a damn about who directed Wonder Woman, It, Ape Planet, Dark Tower and other shit.

But when it comes to dunkirk, for instance, we talk not only about movie but about Nolan as person.

What's their secret?

villeneuve is alright.
low iq has decimated the board into a constant "hack vs god" when 99% of filmmakers are in the middle ground

>But when it comes to dunkirk, for instance, we talk not only about movie but about Nolan as person.

He's made a lot of profitable blockbusters and has a certain public presence in interviews and such

Nobody cared who he was until he made Batman Begins and The Dark Knight

Consistently put out good shit.

>nobody cared about Memento
Spoken like a true underage

Not like that m8.

No one cared who HE was until he made them put on the masks.

Grow up

ok i agree with most of this post but fight club is still good. Fincher is immune from this

>Fincher is immune from this
Fincher is one of the main pillars

Blade Runner 2049
Enemy
Sicario
Prisoners
Arrival

Your life sounds sad.
>I lack the attention span to marathon an entire movie, so I try to insult others on an anime image board

good post

why do retards love villeneuve so much? i honestly just don't get it

Because he makes good movies and you lack the intelligence to appreciate them.
I bet you thought the ending of Enemy was a jump scare. Oh wait I bet you didn't see Enemy yet still feel like your opinion requires posting on an anime image board.

they're not intelligent though. prisoners is like a tv police procedural. it's pure supermarket paperback-esque trash. anyone with a decent experience of cinema, especially genre films and stuff considered "low brow," should be able to recognise that

your response is really the problem. you watch something dull and unintelligent, mistake it for brilliance, then accuse others of being not intelligent enough to appreciate it. you turn reality on its head and reach an unfalsifiable conclusion

Prisoners is a pretty average police story, but visually it's miles above. That was his first big budget hollywood project, you can't blame him for the script.

>but visually it's miles above
that's the secret here. imagine villeneuve's films without the fancy photography of someone like deakins. villeneuve is pure surface and superficiality; look deeper and you'll see there's nothing there

He's the director. Not a screenwriter. And movies like Enemy or BR2049 or Incendies (where he was the writer) prove that there's plenty "deeper".

Wrong

Film is a visual medium. The director is not the only guy that works on a movie.

Kys

Did someone mention hot pockets? I actually like those but not enough to spend so much time and energy talking about them.

none of villereddits flicks look good visually
they look like slightly above average tv movies

@88715673

what am i called? my favorite films
lawrence of arabia, chinatown, taxi driver, the prestige, bladerunner 2049, no country for old men, hell or high water, sicario, nightcrawler, zodiac, seven, true detective s1, fargo s1, the dark knight, dr. strangelove, 2001 a space odyssey.

>cronos and pan's labyrinth are pleb fodder

The oncology section is here

>br MMIL
>prisoners
>enemy
>polytehchnique
>sicario
>incendies
>arrival

Sounds comfy, and now I'm hungry for cheetos.