/STD/ General - Star Trek Discovery

Logical Lorca Episode Edition
Previous Thread:
New Episode Tonight 6:30 PM PT
Title: The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=Qdyxwl04kXk

US Viewing: CBS All Access
Outside US: Netflix, Canada there is 2 stations airing the show.
Download: mega.nz/#!BrhgSAqA!A6hERSJLhf2Leb2JlMYxOIHLYQndgqmqv9aocitpMfk

When is the series gonna get good?

It already is good? have you seen the latest episode? It changes everything about what you thought Star trek was, no hints on Section 31 though that I caught well maybe but dont want to spoiler.

so i'm like 3 minutes in on the first episode and this seems fucking stupid

Why does the gook have a stupid accent
why is there a nigger named micheal
why does she say they are "far too small to be seen by the naked eye" ? Who would search for them with the naked eye? They have sensors..

probably never since the writers don't know anything about the property they're handling

>so i'm like 3 minutes in on the first episode and this seems fucking stupid
give it time now user, you know TNG took a whole 3 seasons to finally find its groove. After 3 minutes of STD you just getting warmed up and maybe a bit overwhelmed at the universe and how it revolutionizes everything.

oh my god the tall alien is a misogynist and they brought out a fucking telescope

Remember that episode where they impose Warp-5 speed limit in all Federation space?

Do you think the spore engine died due to some similar reason?

>Logical Lorca

spore engine dies because the only way to use it is horrifically unethical.

Saru is number one alien my friend!

>spore engine dies because the only way to use it is horrifically unethical.
how can you say that? STD based the spore engine off real life? They even named a character after its inventor in the show.

What are you talking about? I am sure that thing loves the nipple clamp

Season 2 when they jump into the delta quadrant and face off against a Borg cube.

HD WAS A MISTAKE!!!

anyone pick up on any Section 31 hints this STD episode?

Im noticing without spoiling it I feel Lorca from the scene with Michael in the Ripper Room is being tested and was brought on specifically to mutiny.

Chill, the accent isn't that bad. Also if you think black lady is bad now wait until her vulcan backstory starts getting shoved down your throat.

You don't. They do. 90% of complaints is about people not understanding or knowing about a decades old Star Trek reference.

spore engine probably literally dies. I expect Discovery will accidentally crash the entire mycelial network by the end of season 1

>Borg cube
interesting but who among the STD crew would be assimilated? As we can see in the grim dark future of Trek there is only war!!!!!!

Real SciFi fans will get that reference.

They need to fire all the writers.

And stop speaking Klingon too. That shit is super boring and annoying.

Then they need to find some characters that are likeable and kill off most of those that are now. I have at least some hope for the killing part since they want to be edgy GoT-style.

I wish he had more screen time. We barely see more of him than the redhead helmsman who was with them on the Shenzhou.

She is asian of course she has an accent, I get the feeling your just hating on the diversity in STD.

Dont sweat it bro, Trek was always diverse and the accent proved that at the start of the new series to show their following in Gene's footsteps.

$0.05 has been deposited into your bank account

a big thanks from us CBS :)

Wtf I loved that episode

I'm surprised there wasn't any buzz for it because my opinions are usually really conventional and boring

>It changes everything about what you thought Star trek was

Damm right. I thought Star Trek was good. I even like Enterprise for what it was. STD has taught me that Star Trek SUCKS ASS! This must be how Star Wars fans felt when they make the prequels.

yea im the same way, but lets face it that episode was amazing leaving me blown away. I cant imagine how far STD will go but its blowing minds everywhere from what people are saying online if you look at what the critics think.

>if I be racist then....
You're hurting your own argument sunny.

what if I put it this way so you could maybe give it a chance?

What if STD is like ENT? ENT tied up alot of loose ends explaining the klingons etc, Im thinking and this is just me and a wild theory but that STD is really about the formation of Section 31 and using time travel its purpose is to unite the timelines maybe?

Their main issue was having shitty computers though right? You'd think that by the time TNG era rolls along they'd advance far enough to not need that space creature to get it working.

wtf I like DISCO now

If Lorca is sensitive to sudden light changes why did they have him walk through a hall of constant light changes

How did they recover the telescope from the wreckage

mother of god those trips!!!!! it must be true!!!

There was a black badge reference an episode back recently so maybe their slowly leading up to it, trek never did move fast and maybe that is the point?

i just cant take that seriously, can anyone?

>develop instant transmission
>forced to go max warp 5, 100 years later

Bravo STD

libtard
they didn't put a fucking gook with a foreign accent as one of the main characters
or some mary sue negress

this shit looks absolutely atrocious, I dnno why people accept this sort of blackwashing of what used to be "white" television.

Its pretty fucking awful.
I just dont get it? how hard can it be to make atleast one character likeable?

I got a feeling that Sarek being a Vulcan he is piggybacking on the spore drive technology to make communication happen at such a speed. Notice in STD that Sarek says it tires him when speaking to Michael hinting at revealing her true purpose but still masking it like an endless cliffhanger!

>How did they recover the telescope from the wreckage

The telescope sent is most likely an older keepsake Georgiou kept in storage to be sent to Burnham after her demise. The telescope on the Shenzou is a different one.

>give it a chance

Don't worry, I will. STD gets a few chances. I'll probably keep watching it too. Not on that weird CBS shit though and probably not every week. I'm just really disappointed so far, but it can redeem itself hopefully. I just want a normal comfy Star Trek, I hate all this weird shit they are doing. They can't even get the lighting right for fuck sake.

Maybe you should watch the show. Lorca, Saru and Tilly are likable.

>how hard can it be to make atleast one character likeable?
being that many fans are saying that STD may be about section 31 then your really not supposed to like them, which is why everyone loves the new show over the old ones that were fake and everyone was friends instead of being dark and gritty.

Even if it had a 1% chance of being true this would be fucking stupid m8.

WTF I love STD now

I know STD is moving slow as balls literally a handful of clues each episode about section 31 and cryptic at best in the one that aired today.

Im with you and hope that they get their act together so more fans check it out in later seasons, but given the current model its on, I think STD will die not with a bang, but a whimper since its on effen PPV.

OK so I just watched Episode 1 and it was horrendous
Are all the other episodes just as bad?

How are they likeable characters?

See you next sunday

>OK so I just watched Episode 1 and it was horrendous
cmon STD isnt that bad, dont forget that on TNG the men wore fucking skirts for god sakes in the first episode!

Looking back on TNG though I like the first ep now but hated it at first, the show redeemed itself. More people need to watch at least 3-4 seasons of STD before being allowed to have an opinion on it. We need to make that a rule.

Saru is sort of likable in a "I hope he will be a quirky data character way". The rest fucking suck. Michael is the worst. It is like they want us to hate Michael. WTF? They made me care about the two Klingons more than Michael. WTF IS THAT SHIT?

Look at that smile! How could you not wanna bro down with Lorca?

So if its not section 31 can we accept these characters are fucking retarded?

The first two are the worst. But the 4th was really bad too. No likeable characters and retarded writing. Plus Klingons that keep in talking Klingon.

>one of the main characters
15 episode season, she's in 2, and 1 cameo

>I dnno why people accept this sort of blackwashing of what used to be "white" television
>Uhura 1966
>Worf 1987
>Sisko 1993
Please cry some more.

Yep

I'm not one to call out shilling here, but god damn unless you're being ironic this is the most blatant shilling i've seen

A bad version of the terra prime guy

Blocks your path!!!!

ayo ayo aint noone talkin no shit on STD in this thread!

I'd say it's going up by 1 point every episode.

Like 2/10 3/10 4/10 5/10.

he's Jewish.

wait a sec, its not shilling, TNG did take about 3 seasons I would say to get off the ground.

I dont see why saying the same thing for STD that people must wait at least 3 seasons before passing judgement is too much to ask.

I'll watch your show if you show us your asshole, Mike.

I don't think this will get three seasons.

How are they not? Jason Isaacs and Doug Jones are great actors giving strong performances. And although Tilly has nothing to offer other than being cute, in this situation that's enough.

Worse. No, seriously.
I'm seriously considering to even stop pirating this shit. This is the first show that's so stupid it's offensive to me.

yeah, just binge it after it completes it first and only season.

How is it stupid to keep an original antique safely deposited but have a replica of it with you when you go places? People do it all the fucking time. Hell, that's how museums work, most of the exhibits are replicas.

the 4th was bad? you really think so?
STD spent more on the CGI in these episodes than anything else on the show combined. Take a look at these visuals that are blowing audiences away.

Same reaction.

A jew with Lorca as a last name?

Isn't he supposed to be non-mexikan latino?

bu-but those images are fake their not from STD, their made by orshills!!!!! Look at how low quality they are it might as well be fart jokes and toilet humor since that is all orville is about.

Just tell me why you like them? good actors sure? likeable characters? fuck no

Saru is a cunt. The "you will fit in perfectly with captain Lorca" to Micheal is a level of undermining a ship's captain I've only ever seen when Worf indirectly mouthed off to Data - which Data corrected in the spot and strengthened their relationship. This level of disrespect Saru has for his captain is unacceptable - they either kill him or this show becomes less and less Star Trek.

The light change thing was just to make him seem mysterious for one scene. Do you really expect these hacks to care about consistency?

Its gonna gets 5 easy seasons.

how is protecting a priceless relic stupid? STD is showing that its not just a new show changing trek forever as fans demanded but that it will expose a rich history as well.

He reminds me of my high school history teacher honestly.

Which isn't a bad thing perse really because he was pretty cool in all honest, but the way he talks and even emotes reminds me of him, and his interest in war. It's weird.

I can't tell who is shilling who anymore.

Are you from a very improbable future or just plain retarded?

>>I dnno why people accept this sort of blackwashing of what used to be "white" television
Because the new show is all about the black lead which is a first in star trek to have a black female lead and all trek fans know that since STD is breaking new ground.

desu the cgi look really cheap. I have no idea what they wasted their money on.

So how does the episode go from the captain telling her #1 officer that she deserves her own ship to pulling a gun on her 40 minutes later?

>Jason Isaacs and Doug Jones are great actors giving strong performances.
I think Jason is coming off a bit too like that other guy the one from Dead Like Me that fuller worked on before inventing STD.

>They made me care about the two Klingons more than Michael.
So? It was high time something Star Trek did away with the this is a villain and these are the good guys shit. Nobody is good, nobody is evil, everyone has their legit and relatable reason to do their shit.

>everything is shillin
You dumbassed need to fuck off already. Not everything is A fucking shill. NEW FLASH! SOME PEOPLE LIKE STAR TREK! SOME PEOPLE LIKE THIS SHITTY SHOW! AND SOME PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO CONVINCE OTHERS TO GIVE IT A CHANCE! If you don't understand why a genuine Star Trek fan would trying to be promote good will for this lackluster show, then you don't understand fandom at all. And they do have a point, a lot of Star Trek shows had shitty Starts. Only time will tell if this show redeems itself.

Lorca is intriguing and enigmatic and Saru would be fun to hang out with as long as you're not a mutineer. I like them. Why are you unable to like things?

You're not very Star Trek yourself when you want people to die just because they are different.

I'm from the place were Netflix and CBS's Netflix clone aren't gonna drop something that works for their shit libraries.

Not the same guy, but that the show cant be 90 % dumb shit and then have the audience think(oh its not the one she had in her cabin must be the original one she had stashed away)

But the captain is supposed to be evil. Or "problematic" is maybe the term they use.

>you know the best part of Star Trek
>The visuals

GTFO

No, actually it wont take billions on years.

The entire Milky Way is only ~150,000 light years across. and the Klingons only occupy a part of the beta quadrant - but lets assume they occupy ALL of the Beta quadrant, just for argument sake. That means is spans about 75,000 Lightyears at most.

Lets assume that the beacon is in the fringes of the galaxy. It would visible across the empire in about 75,000 years. FAR less than billions of years

they spent their like whole budget on CGI. If you watch STD get ready for space battles, explosions and battles up close and personal with everyones favorite villains the Klingons.

Most of the above would be impossible if they didnt spend all their money on the CGI which if you watch is true.

Written by committee.

>Lorca is intriguing and enigmatic
what is his real role on STD though? It seems hes practically trolling Michael but I think he is testing her for section 31 and the crew look at how he treats the homo and his technology, he is very possessive of his people and tech.

Why not just CGI everything at this point

>what is his real role on STD though?
We'll find out at the end of season, probably. In the meantime though, I still like him.

They did that a bunch of times in TNG

Lorca has less authority than fucking quark,
that faggy science engineer just walked away in sickbay, he also backtalks him in engineering and saru is like smiling and shit.
none of this is likeable