Why did the replicant resistant group want K to kill Deckard?

Why did the replicant resistant group want K to kill Deckard?
That whole scene with the one-eyed woman felt like something that would have been put into a directors cut.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UgsS3nhRRzQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To stop him from reuniting with his daughter, which could potentially fuck up their plans.

because deckard could have given them up before they were ready to make their move. idk why they solely relied on K if that shit was so important though

because they like violence just like anti-fa

They didn’t WANT Deckard dead, but they said to kill him if necessary, to prevent Wallace getting information out of him.

They weren't ready to go public yet, and the daughter was basically their only ace. They wanted Deckard dead before Wallace could torture the information out of him, leading him to K and then to the girl.

They were there as a purely Replicant faction that was basically fueled by resentment and anger over their position. It's the kind of path it would be easy for K to follow, if he didn't ultimately decide to help the person who gave him his favorite memories and, briefly, a sense of real purpose.

In that case, they should have just told K not to show Deckard where she was. Death is a little excessive.

This film is secretly redpilled as fuck. Mega Corporations who use “saving humanity” as a front to achieve their own agendas, as well as teachin the audience not to get too absorbed into their own delusions of being more than you are. Also teaching audience not to rely too much on official government records because they can be easily forged and manipulated

Oh wait, did Deckard know where she was? I missed that if that were the case.

K would have defied them just like how he defied them and saved Deckard.

Deckard knew enough about the underground Replicant society to ruin it for everyone. Everyone who sheltered them and their daughter for those years.

He might also not have known anything, and just gotten tortured to death for no reason.

they didn't want Wallace on thier ass. they plan on making her public knowledge. deckard being with the girl doesn't affect their plan but wallace finding out about them too early does. I doubt this is getting sequel so who knows.

They don't care, they're literally autistic machines. They don't give a shit about the daughter as a person, just as a political tool to get their independence. It's a Dune thing.

Patrician analysis.

you think it has a pro-conservative message? I think its more liberal, the main characters are basically seeking freedom.

If you automatically associate liberal with freedom, you need to study french history more closely.

Also, they aren't seeking freedom. They're seeking purpose. Freedom doesn't have a lot of significance in the Blade Runner world.

If K is supposed to be one of the newer (and more obedient Wallace models) why does he become uppity in the first place? He's acting like the old Tyrell models which got all replicants banned.

Their obedience is conditioned, rather than somehow hardwired in. Blade Runner is always pretty clear that replicants have the same mental capacity as normal humans, just a little more efficient, like with the DNA sequence display.

That's why K has to go through that stimulus/response test whenever he comes back in, to make sure the basic emotional stresses he undergoes day to day haven't compromised his conditioning.

Memory is the weak spot in their conditioning.

This promo seems to indicated the opposite:

youtube.com/watch?v=UgsS3nhRRzQ

but maybe it shouldn't be considered canon.

That's the conditioning, man. It takes extraordinary events to throw it off, like giving them the false impression that they're the Kwizatz Haderach. K at the beginning of the movie would have gutted himself like a fish if Robin Wright had asked.

Why did the rebellion left a trail of breadcrumbs to the location of Deckard?

Why did Luv didn't kill Joe when she had the chance?

Why didn't Gosling left Joi in a safe place before fighting?

Why did Luv kiss Joe in the final fight scene? Was she in love with him? That's why she didn't kill him?

If the new Replicants are made obey why Joe was able to disobey orders from the police?

Why didn't Joe killed himself when he learned that je probably was the chosen child?

Why did Leto wanted pregnant robots even though his company was easily making millions of robots?

If Replicants are semi-organic then how this is not common knowledge? How does the charade kept in place?

Why did Jared Leto stab a naked replicant lady?

If the Replicants are made to obey then why did they formed a rebellion? And if they can disobey why don't they just create led a revolt that would paralyze the entire economy?

If the blackout wiped out all technology why did Rachel and other Replicants survived?

Did Rachel had a baby because Deckard is also a miracle Replicant or because he isn't?

If they wanted to wipe out the existence of the baby then why didn't they destroyed Rachel bones?

If Deckard wanted to hide the truth for good why didn't he committed sudoku?

If Deckard was in Las Vegas making irradiated wood figurines why did he visited the child to give him the horse?

Wasn't supposed for him to not know? Or did he made the figurine before going to Las Vegas? How did the horse get irradiated?

Why did Rachael die from childbirth? Wouldn't a robot had higher resistance than a human? Wouldnt her vagina be more flexible?

Whyyy did the leader of the rebellion find a random Replicant prostitute to contact Joe? Why did she was asking for help in broad daylight? How did she knew Joi was gonna hire that prostitute specifically?

Wouldn't a Replicant had the ability to produce orgasms at will?

Why did the rebels told Joe to kill Deckard? Couldn't they do it themselves?

>To stop him from reuniting with his daughter

So they sent the only person who knows where his daughter is?

Because Deck is human, and therefore a factor they can't allow for. They need to sell the tale that Replicants can have kids, not that it takes a human AND a rep.

This meme is supposed to point out plotholes, not just demonstrate that you don't understand the film you just saw.

>Deck is human

No.

Sick Dune (next Villeneuve project) reference bro.

thx bby

why would that fuck up their plans? Wouldnt a father want to protect his daughter?

The plot is nothing but plot holes. From the same geniuses who made Prometheus and Covenant.

Slaves have purpose. They all have purpose as slaves. K wants meaning, and he finds it first with searching for the child/his origins, and then with freeing Deckard. The resistance wants freedom though and recognition that they are a distinct and equal species.

It's quite a liberal message given that all the poor people live on Earth in the collapsed environment while rich people live off world in colonies that are expensive as fuck to go to

Yeah, protect her from being a face of the rebellion for example.

Plot
Attraction
Didn't have time
Yes
They aren't made to obey, just conditioned to
He thought he was special/morality sucks
He specified he couldn't make enough, fast enough
Deckchel is the first pairing that worked
To do some stupid God analogy for Luv
They aren't made to obey, as above. They can't because they would get terminated by the other replicants and also the humans
Plot
Because he is human
They were going to, K was too slow because he was distracted by his other shit
Mortality sucks/being dead doesn't stop his daughter being alive
Likely he sent it to the orphanage for her
A dirty bomb was detonated in Vegas
The opposite. Her body wouldn't let the baby out, she got opened up and died due to poor conditions for the C-Sec
She wasn't sure what he knew and was scared of him, and she didn't, but it worked out because plot and shit
Not unless it was designed to
Because they wanted to make sure they weren't discovered and he was the only one who knew where to find them/who they were, and they couldn't do it without playing their hand

>Rachel had green eyes

No she didn't

Like 75% of your 'holes' come down to you not understanding what the movie laid out very plainly about what replicants are and how they work.

He is 100% human. That's the whole point of this movie. He is the true God analogy with Rachel as the Virgin Mary and their daughter as Christ. Leto's character wanted to be god, but he cannot create life, yet Ford can. Leto meddles in affairs, like a human. Ford stays aloof and alone, like a god. Poetry.

In context from a replicant perspective they are fighting against corporations that basically control the government and a human populace that hates and despises when they aren't using them for stuff they don't want to do and other times b/c replicants take away jobs.

>That's the whole point of this movie

The whole point of Blade Runner is that it's completely irrelevant. As long as you accept your reality and agency, it doesn't matter if you're human or artificial.

>If K is supposed to be one of the newer (and more obedient Wallace models) why does he become uppity in the first place? He's acting like the old Tyrell models which got all replicants banned.

Why does he have the memories of the chosen child? If she is so important why is she left alone in the middle of nowhere?

He said that just to piss him off, and it worked.

>Plot

So it's a blatant plot hole. The entire plot of the movie is a plot hole.

No, it's about dying for a cause you believe in. See Roy Batty, see Joe/K, see Deckard, see all the Replicants who knew about the birth.

You missed the point bud.

Presumably many, if not all, Nexus 9 replicants have at least a few of her genuine memories.

>it's illegal to use real memories

That line was silly.

Yeah as in, you need something to set it up so that the plot can engage and the movie is a movie. Like, I know there are less contrived ways to do it, but this is how they did it.

That was the point of the new one, and even then, it only mattered once K accepted that the choice was really his to make.

I did hear the lady say the line about "this is what makes you a real boy", don't worry.

um liberal, liberty, freedom, free kinda is all there in the words my french historian. but sure purpose. also wouldn't throwing off the shackles of the mega corps be kinda significant? at least for the replicants not being these second class work force would be very liberating for them, purposeful too i guess.

Pinocchio references too much in this one?

Mass uprisings without a better guiding principle than 'freedom' tend to end in the Reign of Terror and 20 years of Napoleonic slaughter. Especially when they have a figurehead/martyr to rally behind.

I'm saying, the Replicant uprising isn't something to be happy about.

To make it so they couldn't torture Deckard into revealing the location / existence of the one eyed replicant woman and her army. is wrong

The classical definitions/contexts of those words 1-2 centuries ago are far different than they are today. Both the "liberal" Democrat Party and the "conservative" Republican Party both support corporations and increased government power. The conflict over gay marriage and other shit is just an opiate to give the illusion of choice and representation.

It's the underlying animus that makes all these simulation and simulacra stories interesting. Achieving personhood through deeds and willpower, rather than just accepting it without thinking.

It's good shit.

>t.you

Oh, I guess that makes sense. Probably my only gripe about the film other than that special torture island location that they had to take Deckard to. That totally sounds like something they could have done on sight, considering Luv was right there too.

What the fuck were those little drones he controlled for? Echolocation? Were they feeding images straight into his brain?

Maybe she shouldnt have put her memories in a bunch of disgruntled replicants who would track her down because teehee i put a little of myself in my creations even though its illegal

Luv had a case of different USB inputs. I assume it was normal vision just able to see from multiple angles to examine the newborn. I wonder if he deteriorated his eyes on purpose to be able to utilize the different inputs effectively.

no it was because wallace had deckard and deckard knew that the one eyed replicant knew where the girl was.

she wanted k to kill him to prevent deckard leading wallace to her

>20 years of Napoleonic slaughter.
This is your brain on english propaganda.

Eternal Anglo spotted.

I don't have anything against the guy personally, he was better than a lot of the Monarchist societies around him. But he sure didn't embody the spirit of the Revolution.

I'm reading about 1848 right now and it seems like a waste of fucking time. Just Parisians thinking they're better than everyone.

damn this image is powerful. I wonder what they said to each other

Maybe they should make actual robots instead of making super strong humans and then pushing them to the brink while at the same time relying on CELLS to keep them in check.

>"remember last year when we still had bright red pants and caps?"

INTERLINKED

why do they specifically need her as a poster child? How could they prove she was born? I'm confused as to how her being a mascot would go

And an autistic blind man who approved of a subversive horse memory from a crazy bubble girl subcontractor to be implanted in who knows how many replicants.

The one-eyed woman must have some proof up her sleeve to show that the daughter is either half or full Replicant DNA, but still naturally gestated. Also if she had implanted at least one of her memories into all Nexus 9 series, they could leverage that. "Remember the time you ordered five mcdoubles but they gave you six? that was me".

On the other hand, if it's a religious jihad they're going for, how do you prove that Jesus was virgin born, or that Muhammad had a talk with God in a cave?

Makes u think.

The horse memory instills a sense of inborn self-reliance and determination in the replicant. Its part of the inborn obedience conditioning, probably in most combat models.

Who knows what kind of bizarre memories are in Luv-tier models.

I fucking loved that scene, the way to test thier base line is to put them in a tiny room and measure thier biometrics while annoying the fucking shit out of them with irritating questions and white noise generators

The whole beating, she wants revenge and superiority.

>post yfw COCO'S DEAD

She's also proud to hide the truth from Wallace. Like hiding a horse figurine from the world bent on taking everything from you.

>only good answer itt
>ignored

and these people still complain about the state of this board

Wallaces personal assistant.

Probably custom memories just for her

yeah when she killed Joshi, she said shed lie to wallace about having to kill her meaning she was going off script

Posts like these are why I come here

Conversation has shifted away from the OP question

I was wrong about Deckard leading them to K though, he would lead them to the One Eyed Woman or one of the other replicants who sheltered them. He has no reason to suspect that K knows where the daughter is at that point.

Non-brainlets on Sup Forums?
WOW!

Even so, your character analysis on K and the resistance was A+. Besides, it invited further discussion. Sure beats shitposting about show's with annoying fanbases and "What did he mean by this?" posting.

Here's the only thing I don't get.

Even if the daughter is just a fluke, or the pinnacle of Tyrell design, how would that help the Replicant Rebellion? They can't very well modify their own makeup to allow pregnancy, and Wallace in many ways does want to create perfect Replicants.

Or would they want to seize Wallace corp. and make their own fertile Replicants?

Because Deckard was going to be interrogated. Assassinating him is much more likely to be succesful than recapturing him. K just did the harder, but right thing.

You idiot, they have a purpose, labor, they just want a choice. Aka freedom.

Underrated comment.

>we can have kids if we are allowed
>what's the difference between us then?

This short is hilariously bad. Wallace should have left that room in shackles, instead this moment is actually responsible for unbanning Replicants on Earth. How stupid.

That's just it though, Replicants are sterile by design. If exactly one Replicant ever had a baby, that's interesting, but it doesn't really bode well for the product line.

Or maybe Harrison Ford just needs to impregnate them all, the movie was deliberately vague there.

>it's illegal to use real memories
>That line was silly.

I disagree, I think for a company like Wallace's, that rose in the wake of Tyrell's failure to control the replicants, it was essential to dehumanize them as much as possible. Having fake memory implants reinforces the idea that replicants are just that: fake. Having memories of actual events that occurred give them motivations to deviate from their programmed function, like we see with K. Real memories could potentially make them question their role and their artificiality.

The thing is that, if they can be designed to have babies, they are human and you can give validation to the whole 'we have souls too' part.

>She's also proud to hide the truth from Wallace.
I never bought that line from her, I doubt some autistic screecher like Wallace wouldn't have full control on his personal right hand murderous robot, I just saw that as a final bluff from Luv in order to hopefully make Joshi scared enough to cooperate

I get what they were going for, but it felt out of place there, a little on the nose. She or K could have worked that line into dialogue and it would have been clear enough without the italics.

As long as we're pointing out nitpicks, during the fight in the sinking spinner at the end, Harrison Ford bobbing around for air in the background was hilarious, since in those particular shots he clearly didn't need to struggle.

SO

what about Ana and her 'freedom' within a class cage? all the women in the movie are seen through some sort of veneer in one way or the other, and with Joi i'd say there's an anima subtext in that she's the creative force that edges him... uh... helps him forward in his quest, all while the movie indulges in playing with meaning in regards with the distinction between the real and the artificial. With deckard we have this displayed explicitly when he says he "knows what's real" before wallace puts his reality into doubt by stating that his cherished memory was another simulation at work, if i remember right this is followed by the long shot of him sitting there with his face eventually being covered in shadow

The choice between the "real" and "fake" is again present when he rejects the rachael clone, a choice that i'm pretty sure no one else makes in such an explicit way, after which he is eventually reunited with the 'real' that is his daughter

ALL of the creative force in the movie revolves around her, all the best memories are hers, she produces all the memories in general, and she's the key through which replicant(who are already simulacrum) procreation is promised

All from a glass cage in which she is "free" (from corporate oversight no less, LOL)
When we first see her, she's in a forest, one might even call it a garden.... from which it is revealed that what 'freedom' is to her is the ability to engage in her creativity in a completely unregulated way. A freedom that deckard sees through glass, from the outside, with a physical, mobile freedom that doesn't give him that much freedom at all.

I'm not sure how far this goes

Right, but no one can figure out how they had babies in the first place since Tyrell was killed and the memory wiped. It's not going to help any other replicants have babies.

Also, if you can tell a replicant by serial numbers on their CELLS, why did they need to fuck around with the Voight-Kampff test in the first movie?

Rachel's serial number was on her hip bone.

This is the first movie I'm interested in gendered analysis of for fucking ages. Academic stuff, not "lol women won't like Blade Runner" clickbait.

Deckard is a force of pure belligerant will. He probably rejected the new Rachel purely to spite Wallace.

Wallace was single handedly staving off a famine, if he went down the people would starve and then those politicians would be lynched by an angry hungry mob.

He was holding a straight flush, and they only had a pair of 2's

>I doubt some autistic screecher like Wallace wouldn't have full control on his personal right hand murderous robot

Unless he designed her for the purpose of plausible deniability

>He probably rejected the new Rachel purely to spite Wallace.
And because that wasn't his Rachel, just a lookalike and he didn't feel what he felt when he first met her or his daughter at the end of the movie.

>He probably rejected the new Rachel purely to spite Wallace.
so would you say his meeting with wallace has a parallel with roy's meeting with tyrell?

Roy goes up to meet the maker to make a demand for more life
Wallace, brings deckard up to make him doubt and then bribe him with pleasure

Replicants=proletariat breaking free from shackles from capitalists
Yes, yes, quite conservative message.
Did you now stop liking the film?