>DC Rebirth
>DC puts on multiple diverse books
>Plus several where diverse characters have a supporting role
>Even more coming
>Combined probably put out more diverse books than Marvel NOW 2
>Doesn't tell anyone AGAIN!
>Beats Marvel in sales for large part of the year
>Are still seen as bros for not "caving to SJWs"

I'm kinda baffled how this happened. My guess is that New 52 had a bad press overall because "OMG! a reboot!", while Blue Penis was overshadowed by Nazi Cap.
So the lesson is that diversity is okay if the rest of your output is overall liked and people hate the other guy more?

For the record, I'm not complaining, I enjoyed DC this year much more than Marvel. I just wonder what is Sup Forums's opinion to how they did it.

Diversity is okay so long as it seems genuine and isn't a transparent cynical push to either further an agenda or score good press.

There's a reason Sup Forums hates Miles and loves Robbie.

Basically DC didn't say shit so most people either didn't notice or had no real reason to believe they were doing so for virtue signalling.

DC not only has more diverse books but way more diverse creators behind them.
this only proves that SJW don't read comics and just like to complain about mindless stuff

>while Blue Penis was overshadowed by Nazi Cap
Well, this isn't really that hard to accomplish when aforementioned blue penis is never erect.

Anyone who thinks that the problem with Marvel is "pandering to SJWs" or that what's great about Rebirth is that they "aren't caving to SJWs" is a fucking dumbass.
Literally no causal link whatsoever.

>There's a reason Sup Forums hates Miles and loves Robbie.
The irony is that Smith didn't intended Robbie to be a part of move to push diversity inMarvel. From what he talked about it it appears he made Robbie a Latino because he himself is one and only because he felt he'll be easier to write this way. It was a coincidence he just happened to do it at the time Ms. Marvel got launched.

Its been this way ever since that bitch batgirl cosplayer went to the DC booth at comic con years back complaining at female representations.

Everyone online jump on board and shat on DC for this. All while Marvel had even less representation.

Does it really matter which one Sup Forums likes when the one you like sells like shit

There is in general media bias towards Marvel in this regard. I remember few months ago we had a guy tweet to someone at DC (I don't remember if it was Johns, Humpries or Hitch) his daughter got all excited and screaming "I can be Green Lantern!" when she saw Jessica in one of their books. Aside five people on tumblr who love stories like this, nobody cared. If it was Marvel you bet there would be at least an article on Comics Alliance, CBR and Newsrama.

This. DC Rebirth has actual good writing while Marvel has fucking terrible writing.

Look at how Ms. Marvel started. Quirky Muslim nuHuman Jersey girl? She was created to push several agendas at once! And yet, once the initial overly decompressed starting issues were done, Sup Forums loved Ms. Marvel because it was actually good. Until Kamala was ruined post-Secret Wars, at least.

Miles isn't a bastion of strong sales or anything

He'll never replace Peter for this very reason

I don't think they want him to They're content with pointing people who want Spider-Man in high school towards Miles, so they can do literally everything else with Peter.

How many books did Civil Bendis fucked up anyway?
I really hope Ms. Marvel gets better, but the story where the villain is literally a WOW troll doesn't make me optimistic.
And a much bigger problem is how they're pushing her into everything - Champions, IvX, Secret Warriors. It's wolverining a good character who doesn't even have sales for it and it might kill her.

>
Like you'd be erect next to a nazi.

Diversity is okay if it's done naturally and not for attention.

What your bosses at Marvel do is not okay, shill.

There was an article around DCYou where a writer was working on an article criticizing DC for not having enough diversity, then realized that Marvel was cancelling their only two female led books that week.

Places like Mary Sue and CBR love sucking the Rat's cock and I'll never understand why.

>I'm kinda baffled how this happened.
ProTip: Sup Forums mostly doesn't actually READ comics.

So if shit gets stirred up in the press or a page/panel gets posted somewhere and goes viral Sup Forums warms up the hatemachine.

Wait until there's a positive article about Large Marge Bennett writing the upcoming Batwoman book that also mentions her work on Angela ("unsolicited opinions on Israel") Queen of Hel and the fact that she's a Queer Woman herself and it'll be chum in the water for the Sup Forums and Sup Forums types.

Or she makes Batwoman fight Trump.

When all is said and done once you look back at comics you'll only look back at the once that are good not the popular ones

>his daughter got all excited and screaming "I can be Green Lantern!"

great, she can be slaughtered alongside 90% of the rest of the corps during the next big "Nothing will ever be the same" event.

Green Lanterns have a worse mortality rate than Starfleet Red Shirts at this point.

If there's any draw friends here can someone draw Mania impaling a guy and in the background there's a little girl saying "Look mom, a girl is Venom now! Now I can be Venom too!" And then her mom looks at her all "What's wrong with you?"

You can always take it to the drawthread.

Speaking of Venom, anyone else suprised the edgelord didn't got more outrage from tumblr? First Latino Venom and he's a villain, I was expecting an uproar.

I don't think he's Latino. His name is Lee. That sounds like a normal white guy name.

He looks much darker than say Mac Gargan. Must be Sandoval's colourist then.

gonna shit talk marvel here for a bit

marvel's biggest loss and the reason why so many of their books are now of poorer quality is because they lost a lot of their big-name writers, namely gillen, hickman, remender, fraction and brubaker (regardless of whether you like them or not, they are still 'big' and popular writers with critically acclaimed books). When you lose half of your strength, something's wrong. they then had to settle for the b-list stars and dc leftovers, from lemire and soule (who are arguably putting out their worst work at marvel) to ta-nehisi coates and so on. They also have writers way past their prime (Aaron and Bendis) and other writers who while praised, are putting out the lowest quality of work possible and being put on characters no one will buy (seriously why the fuck are solo and foolkiller getting books?). what you have is a big muck of shit books and creators who don't care anymore

honestly the only things worth reading over there are done by Ewing and to an extent, I enjoy power man and iron fist

It was too much editorial interference that chased away their biggest stars, am I right?

>seriously why the fuck are solo and foolkiller getting books?
Because they're sorta funny killers and Ike wants someone who could replace Fox-owned Deadpool.

The lesson is that faggots need to stop thinking of everything in the universe as being pro or anti-SJW. 99% of humanity doesn't know what the term means, and of the 1% who do, most don't give a shit.

in the cases of hickman and remender yeah - but those two also saw that indie money and capitalized on it before it got oversaturated

I also think it has something to do with the reason why Marvel cannot get ayone to lauch new characters for them, which is why everything needs to be a legacy.

From what I understand, Marvel editorial is no more pushy than it was a few years ago when they were on top, and actually less pushy than they were in the past.

What did it is money. Marvel pays freelancers a fair deal less than DC, and with creator-owned books becoming more and more popular, a fairly well-known creator can make just as much as they do at Marvel writing a moderately well-selling indie title, AND they get to retain ownership of what they make.

If they're going to work for a big company where they own nothing of what they make, it may as well be the company that pays better. And a lot of creators aren't thrilled with the fact that Marvel is raking in billions of dollars but this never seems to trickle down to the people making the comics (with the exception of major contracted players like Bendis.)

Since Perlmutter is a notoriously cheap fucker, don't expect this problem to be fixed anytime soon.

I also think Millar and Kirkman play a big part in this - those two are making quite a bit from turning their creator-owned ip's into something more

>capefags will defend static ip

>Since Perlmutter is a notoriously cheap fucker, don't expect this problem to be fixed anytime soon.
Here is hoping DC will keep kicking Marvel asses until he gets fired and his replacement will raise the pays, then.

You think Gillen and Hickman are hoping to get their indie works turned into movies or shows? Better chances than anything Bendis does, desu.

>so they can do literally everything else with Peter.

Too bad they can't give him a good book.

Marvel does diversity for brownie points. They make Thor a woman they announce it on the view, Cap America is black now better issue a press release to all major networks. Its a look at us look how diverse and progressive we are, and if you don't like it your a bad person. I'm sure someone out there has the quote from marvel saying if you dont like marvel its cause your racist, not cause you were invested in the character that was killed off. While DC for the most part just does what they want but doesn't make a big deal out of it. Now they have tried before mainly around Nu52 making a big deal about changes and they got backlash. Now its more of a fuck it if we change something and it works we roll with it if it doesn't we will change it back. Plus it helps that DC is actually progressive in more than just characters without trying to jam it down your throat.

Gillen or Hickman haven't optioned anything yet
remender is getting deadly class turned into a show and is writing it as well

That's cool, I liked first to volumes of Deadly Class.