INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #5

>INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #5
>Brian Michael Bendis (W), Stefano Caselli (A/C), Rick Leonardi (VC)
>The world now knows about Riri Williams and what she can do. So other heroes come to court her for their super-teams and villains come looking for revenge on Iron Man.
>Welcome to the Marvel Universe, Riri Williams! (Oh, and Deadpool.)
You see, Sup Forums! Riri is literally the greatest character ever made! Just look at how much everyone love her!!! Don't you love her too now??? You should. You should get off Sup Forums right now and go buy fifty copies of her book. Why wouldn't you? If your heroes love Riri, then why not you?

I actually liked the first two issues.

Who let The Thing on this cover?

B-B-BUT YOU CANT LIKE BENDIS BOOKS, BEACUSE Sup Forums SAID SO!!!!!!!

That's Kamala, user.

Don't be so defensive

So did I. Not enough to buy it, but enough to keep reading the storytimes.

who?

Fem Thor getting crowded out.

Hah

But why is Batman there?

While I agree, that's mostly because I like her using this big clunky suit. That appeal will be gone once she starts using the carbon copy Iron Man suit.

/co

The place on the internet where every comic thread is "wah wah a black person".

Close this board and move everyone to tv. You folks only care about cartoons and Disney-branded movies anyway.

Let's stop the pretense.

Bendis is allowed to do whatever he wants pretty much. And he's in the mood to write some Ben Grimm, which is why he had such a strong focus in GotG and Iron Doom.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprise if Bendis wanted a Thing or FF book after GotG.

Literally shilling the new character, blatantly.

Her boring Iron Man suit is really lame design-wise, the big gundam suit at least was kinda original compared to that.

Every Bendis book starts promising. Just wait an arc and then it will all go to filler shit. This is EVERY Bendis book.

Yea I kinda liked the Kitbash retro look of it. Heck even Pepper has a more unique suit.

Captain Hydra is just thinking of new ways to use Riri to his advantage

Notice how you're the first one to address skin color.
I guess it's needed for your straw man.

I'm surprised they didn't put Deadpool there since the cover already screams of READ THIS ALL YOUR FAVORITE MARVEL CHARACTERS ARE HERE.

She should have just built a new more advanced big suit and added some red to the colour scheme

That's why they put him in the solicits.

Using the same color scheme as Tony is actually the thing that I hate most about it. Like, if you're going to just use a copy-cat IM suit, at least go with your own color scheme.

She will change color scheme when Tony come back

Well yeah, thats why I didn't suggest any gold to her starting blue/grey color scheme

Blue + Gun-metal Grey would be a great color scheme. Like, imagine pic related but with the gold replaced with gun-metal grey. That'd be tight.

I really hope RiRi does not become an avenger.Its bad enough Kamala and miles got to join without doing anything impressive it will be BS if RiRi joins while still a rooky.Its a same the hero no one cares about nova,is the only teen hero who really earned the right to join a top tier team

She'll probably become a Champion.

But it should also look aesthetically different. One of the biggest problems with Miles is that other than the colors it's just a Spider-Man costume.

Yea I know it's a bit more difficult for her since Tony had had a ton of redesigned suits over the years.

But there is a whole host of mecha and robot materials to be inspired by.

WOW LOOK AT ALL THESE OTHER CHARACTERS THAT LOVE RIRI WHY DON'T YOU LOVE HER TOO

Ouch, fate worse than death.

I've read enough Bendis solicits to know that you must take them with a grain of salt. Odds are only one team, the Champions will try to poach her, and the only villains "looking for revenge against Iron Man" are those science Ninjas.

>Fucking degenerates

>No Captain Marvel

>"wah wah a nigger".
At least say the right world tumbrl

>Just look at how much everyone love her!!!
To me it looks like half the people wants to kill her and the other half to rape her

...Zyzz?

They use that tactic all the time

Has Bendis even mentioned the Mandarin in any of his Iron Man comics? I love the Mandarin.

>One of the biggest problems with Miles is that other than the colors it's just a Spider-Man costume.

It's probably done so that it'd be easy to repaint a Spider-Man figure as two different characters.

Yeah, pretty weird that Bendis has shown no interest in using Iron Man's actual archenemy. The only "classic" Iron Man villain he's used is Madame Masque (Whiplash showing up in GotG doesn't count), aside from that he created some OC Science Ninjas that he apparently intends to keep using.

Mandarin is DAS RAYCES

For those of you who have read her stories, has she done anything that would make all these heroes want to team up with her, or is Marvel just telling us that's she's super awesome and we're wrong if we disagree?

You've already answered your own question, user.

Also, covers always lie

I also like a cheap hamburger from time to time, but I don't post about it on the internet

So far her friend and step dad were killed, Tony AI decided to try to train her by having her fight a bunch of her suits. She beat him by making a vitus that somehow hack and deactivated all the suits. Then at the end, a bunch of ninjas hear about her and don't like her.

Well. He is shit.

Man. Cap looks pissed.

Well, he's HYDRA after all

If you don't like RiRi you're as bad as HYDRA

So much shit in one cover. Damn.

That Elvis Hulk

I'm guessing you like Gundam?

>Food analogy

These need to be outlawed.

>Elvis
...Sic transit gloria mundi.

Yes.

>Elvis
Do you even lift, brah?

Huh, you know given how synergistic Marvel has been lately I thought Jarvis was done away with for good. Nice to see he's still around.

it's the mary sue tactic

More importantly, why isn't he in jail? He attacked an embassy and a residence. Oh, wait, there wasn't a semi-correct vision to arrest him on, so off he walks.

Kind of, yeah.
It's one of the common Mary Sue traits.

>covers always lie
This isn't always the case, which presents a problem a lot of the time. Because for every 3 covers that a lies, 1 cover is true, and you never really know which one unless you open it up and look.

lol

Eh wake me up when Tony Stark is back and Bendis is off the comic till then I don't give a shit

If there was a board about burgers, you would.

Nova joined after helping the Avengers against Dark Rightclops and defeating evil Hulk
Purple Arrow joined after being Black Widow's fucktoy an being tricked into fighting Iron Man
Clearly Nova is the one who didn't have enough accomplishments to be an Avenger

Hawkeye looks... just...

Jarvis... has had a hard life.

Why?

Thor offered Sam membership in the Avengers right off the bat. The only reason Sam didn't immediately join is because Marvel tried bringing back the New Warriors first. One that was done, he hopped right over the Avengers.

Who's the crazy bitch ?

wasp

>Natalie
;_;

tfw at least no X-Men character is there

>Kamala and Robbie are still the only tolerable minority legacy heroes

>But it should also look aesthetically different. One of the biggest problems with Miles is that other than the colors it's just a Spider-Man costume.

Mayday's costume was literally Ben Reilly's costume yet no one on this board complains about it.

think kobik will undo this?

Who is she acting like a crazy bitch? Who wrote this?

*Why is she acting like a bitch?

Fuck why do I keep making errors tonight

>One of the biggest problems with Miles is that other than the colors it's just a Spider-Man costume.

I think the major problem would be his character.

Well it's technically not Janet, it's Hank Pym's daughter. But it's suppose to be a call back to the earlier comics where Lee made Wasp and Spidey hate each other for literally no reason other than "We're enemies in nature"

Probably because it gets to be kept in the family.

Honestly though, you can't make a Spider-man costume that isn't "just a Spider-man costume".

So has Bendis found a new donut steal to keep pushing and is going to leave Miles to his own demise? Because if so I don't actually mind, Iron Man has never interested me in the slightest.

>going to leave Miles to his own demise?
Bendis won't be happy until he has his own Donut Steel Avengers made entirely of his own creations

>Avengers Assemble!
>Assemble?
>Yeah, Assemble!
>You mean like, coming together for a common purpose
>Yeah, Asembling! I want us all to come together to stop this guy.
>And we're Avengers?
>Yep, we are Avengers and we are Assemblling so we can group together and stop thi-
>....................Nevermind, Miles venom touched.

>it's Hank Pym's daughter

So that's Nadia? Weird. Isn't she supposed to be really friendly and upbeat?

Again, it's a callback, which didn't even make sense in the first place since Janet isn't part wasp like Peter is.

>no one likes her IRL so let's have everyone in the comic world circlejerk her
they're pulling this shit with Carol and even the Inhumans
WHo the fuck are they kidding?

Another gem by Mark "I get the kids, they use the tumblrs" Waid.

She is, but spiders and wasps are natural enemies.

In-universe reason: totem shit. Out if universe reason: Stan Lee is dumb.

>and the inhumans
Seems to me like most people hate the inhumans in-universe. They're kind of a bunch of assholes.

If you didn't know, this is a really dumb reference to the Ellen selfie when she hosted the Academy Awards.

>In-universe reason: totem shit.

But it's not, Wasp isn't part Wasp, so she isn't a totem at all. She just started acting like a total bitch to him for no reason other than the fact that she didn't like spiders.

But if Captain America is HYDRA, that means HYDRA can't be as bad as they claim.

Yeah it's pretty obvious that "HYDRA = fascists/terrorists" is just blatant spin being done by the liberal media establishment. Fuck those SJW pandering cucks, Steve Rogers is /ourguy/ and if he says Hail Hydra then it'd be downright unamerican to not Hai l Hydra.

The man's a fucking war hero from the greatest generation. I'd trust him to know what's best for the country before these commie shills pushing their anti-Hydra narrative any day.

>being so fat that you look at comic books and see food

But there are easier, less convoluted ways to go about this...

Start a book at Image with Avenger facsimiles perhaps... Or does Bendis lack the confidence in his own creations?

I can't wait for the new Avengers with
>Sam Wilson as Captain America
>Jane Foster as Thor
>Riri Williams as Iron Man (Man????)
>Amadeus Cho as Hulk
>Viv as The Vision
>Kate Bishop as Hawkeye
>Miles Morales as Spider-Man
>Kamala Khan as Ms. Marvel
!

I wouldnt mind the cast change if they actually got there in an interesting manner, and then some intersting storries were told.
Neither of those things happened though and it honestly feels forced.
>miles only exists because he stumbled on the villains shit and somehow didn't get caught followed by somehow having a burger hidden in his skintight suit,

user, that's not how the totem shit works. Black Panther is a panther totem. The Vulture is a vulture totem. Doc Ock is an octopus totem. JMS established that pretty much anyone animal themed, even if they don't have superheroes, are totems for that animal.