Disney Officially Reviving Recess For 2017

creators.co/posts/4177810

>Disney has exclusively told MoviePilot today that a revival of the 1997 classic hit show Recess is in works for a Spring 2018 release date. Paul Germain and Joe Ansolobehere will return as executive producers with a lot of the old staff from the show returning.

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600094035[/spoiler
cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600094035
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Moviepilot

How's the family, Timbox?

OMG can't wait I loved Recess growing up

“You have to remember people who are going to watch really don’t have a recollection of ‘Recess’”

Yeah, there weren't any people in 1997

WTF Is this legit?

Who's that?

ENOUGH OF THE REBOOTS

I really loved Recess and I think it was one of my favourite cartoons (it still probably is but I haven't watched it in years.) So I'm pretty excited for this. Although,

>“You have to remember people who are going to watch really don’t have a recollection of ‘Recess’” he added. “You have to make it relevant to them but also nod to the audience that is going to be interested.”

I really gotta remember that we aren't the target audience and the year is 2016. So the oldschool 1990's/2000's feel of the cartoon we relate to and know and love won't be there.

>Recess comes back
>Everyone's on iPads instead of actually doing shit

They will probably make that big fat gay kid even more gay and the spic girl will be the leader

I can;t believe this is so true

He's not that gay since he fell in love with his teacher (or was she a guidance counselor?).

Also Spinelli is probably too aggressive to be the leader. If anything they might make Vince the leader.

>10 posts
>6 posters

I love how you're too stupid to realize that we can see your samefagging, Timbox.

At least TJ & Spinelli shared an on-screen kiss.
On the lips.
Not even Gravity Falls did that!

they should just make it about their kids. wont have to awkwardly adapt a 90's cartoons to a 2010's

>hard place
you said it, captcha

Tbh I usually self inserted into the male LIs when my waifus have romantic interests/kisses (ex. BBxRae) but for whatever reason Spinelli and TJ being an item didn't amuse me one bit as a kid...

Cool idea.

... user, if they had kids they'd be 5 or 6 at most unless they all decided to get knocked up/married at 18

...what kind of third world shithole are you from where girls get pregnant after age 18?

in first world countries like mexico, venezuela and argentina girls on average become mothers at age 13

you mean like 20-21 if this is coming out in 2018. just fudge it a few years, its a cartoon not a parallel universe. we can time skip more than 20 years.

I guess the majority of people I know who are married did so at 22-25.
>a cartoon not a parallel universe. we can time skip more than 20 years
Eh, pretty sure the original show was pretty contemporary and there was a lot of stuff that was taken directly from current events. You can't do that as well if you have the show take place in 2025 or something like that.

this is a terrible idea

the show was a late 90s thing

rebooting this is lazy

eh i meant fudging like 5 years, and not all of their kids only some that stayed in town. having maybe one or two of the original cast having kids in their early 20s could be a possibility. alot wont change with the world in five years either, which is why the show was still around in the 00's

not making TJ the leader

he is jewish after all

Don't play with my fucking emotions...This better be true and they better not fuck it up. This was by far the best cartoon Disney has ever had.

What if, what if it is a skip forward and TJ is now a Principal?

spic? she's like 15/16 Italian and 1/16 Eskimo. not every native American/catholic European combo is a spic

It'd be interesting if they did that

That would be both pretty cool, and heartbreaking watching him slowly turn into Prickly.

It solves the issue of timing and being having a legacy and torch to pass without being about the kids of the original cast.

The cast will be new kids, though with nods back to the former cast. Hell, make it a split plot both about the first day of a new school year to establish the cast of kids and circumstances but also the first day of the new Principal.

That might actually work. And the old cast is teachers/adults they see around the neighborhood

Infrequently seen, the better. Vince left town to go pro. Gus is serving or a vet back in town after a tour of service, Mikey is a Yoga instructor and life coach. Etc

And TJ isn't becoming Prickly. He's his own person informed by his past. Remember the long conversation Prickly had with him about beng a kid himself once? Remember the whole of the movie?

TJ has always been pragmatic, if ridicous. He'll be his own Principal.

>31 replies
>Like 15 posters

I can smell you Timbox.

THERE IS NO SOURCE

THIS IS NOT LEGIT

ANYONE CAN MAKE A CREATORS.CO ARTICLE

during recess the kids will just sit around staring at their cell phones

But recess isn't a thing anymore in clapistan, everyone is in the cafeteria not playing on the playground to avoid getting sued

are you purposely daft or does it come naturally?

>When Lawson raped Spinelli and Gretchen

cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600094035[/spoiler

>When Lawson raped Spinelli and Gretchen

cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600094035

You mean they're all on their smartphones connected into the hive mind.

Recess gave me some really fucking weird expectations and doubts about school. If it was just things being exaggerated but they pulled stuff straight out of their asses. It got hard to enjoy. I looked at it a bit some months ago and after the little wave of nostalgia I realized it wasn't holding up for me-- so if they brought it back, I would give it a chance, but that's it.