The fact that Orville is more liked here than DSG is final and definitive proof that this board is filled with...

The fact that Orville is more liked here than DSG is final and definitive proof that this board is filled with redditors.
Definition: 'more Liked' = More exclusive threads with more replies
The absolute cringe tier "humor" that Orville is filled with is beyond my tolerance levels. Multiple times per episode, I say out loud "oh he actually said that wth is with this show"

DSG has the coolest never before seen war with the Klingons, which every Star Trek fan wanted to see firsthand in full action. The klingons are going full on 'deus vult' religious war, it's only going to get more awesome.
Meanwhile Orville in its 3rd(!) episode has talked about tranny rights for 30min. No, not as a side plot or a few utterances by the captain about equality. No, actual full plot 30min nonstop two homos talking about how they wanna transition their child to male.

DSG isnt just good, it's better than the old Star Trek. Dont you dare put on the nostalgia goggles right now. The old Star Trek had a lot of nonsensical liberal 'muh equal' storyline and dialogue, meanwhile DSG is the first Star Trek that actually tries to explain it all in context and put a realistic human cloth over it. Shit, most episodes of old Star Trek shows were straight up sitcom tier, especially DS9. Every episode ended with some bullcrap moral lecture from the captain about how everything is gonna be okay.
DSG is the GOT of Star Trek, it's simply fantastic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LQCU36pkH7c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's DSG? I usually just see comparisons between Orville and STD

I refuse to use the shorthand 'STD'. DSG is more natural for 'Discovery'

>their show isn't good so they have to blame it on The Orville
Wew lad.

"open this jar of pickles for me!" XD

Except there's no "g" in "Discovery", fuckstick. It's STD. Quit being an absolute fucking retard.

Fuck off std writer.

>why dont people like my bland grim dark show that you can only watch after paying CBS 10000 dollars on their shitty streaming service

>newfag shine
complaining about
>nostalgia goggles

>The old Star Trek had a lot of nonsensical liberal 'muh equal' storyline and dialogue, meanwhile DSG is the first Star Trek that actually tries to explain it all in context and put a realistic human cloth over it. Shit, most episodes of old Star Trek shows were straight up sitcom tier, especially DS9. Every episode ended with some bullcrap moral lecture from the captain about how everything is gonna be okay.

Congratulations on missing the entire point of Star Trek. It's not supposed to be "realistic" humanity in Star Trek went through a lot of shit to get to where they are and they're nearly perfect for it and they're meant to be an example of what the viewer can at least try to aspire to be. THEN we take that perfect human society and unleash it upon the cosmos where aliens can learn from our example and we from them as we try to understand each other. That's the entire point of Star Trek. Not some whiny irrational babies doing whatever the fuck first comes to mind and nearly getting everyone killed because they're fucking morons. Literally everyone in Nu-Trek is a fucking absolute batshit moron. If people from the Prime universe when into the Abramsverse and the STD-verse, they'd be thoroughly disgusted at the way everyone acts while they try to escape the alternate timeline where everyone is an idiot.

the "love" for orville has really proven what I have long thought of the "trek" community for a long while and finally validated by dismissive attitude to their rigid and vocally loud and obnoxious views on what makes a star trek show and series "star trek".

"Disgovery"

the sad thing is that you actually think Picard's behavior is advanced/ideal/futuristic

:DD

Fuck off mate, std is trash.
And yea the Orville humour is trash too.

The fact that Oriville threads are just Harlston Sage circlejerking is proof enough that the only reason some faggots like it is because they are permavirgin losers infatuates with the actress.

>DSG
It's STD faggot. It always will be, nothing you or your twitter friends do will ever change it.

It wasn't about "tranny rights", it was about performing surgery on a newborn in order to make it conform to the cultural norms of their species and the ethics thereof. It's a dilemma that mirrors some current, real life talking points such as the ethics of religious circumcision, what maturity is needed for a decision such as sex change and to a degree even womens rights in strictly patriarchal society's. If you don't like Science-Fiction that approaches real cultural disagreements you don't like Science-Fiction period and should stick to fantasy.

sex sells you sjw prude cunt.

1. main character should be male power fantasy guy who gets all the hot chicks and says all the cool things

3. women must be sexy as fuck and want to fuck the guy all the time.

Nerds dont get laid irl, they want to live through someone who does.

>inb4 muh muhsoggyknee

Yeah, so what. The show is for teen boys not feminist dykes

>STD is a shitty show, bland allegory about muh alt right and muh sjw's, diversity pandering, thinking people are going to pay money for this stupid insulting shit. the main characters are a nigger and chink or some shit from all the pics ive seen, have to pay money to watch it

>the oorvvville is free, laid back, comfy parody of the next generation but with a little bit of MASH type vibe. Did i mention its on free tv and across multiple free streaming platforms. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Where the fuck are you getting the G from?

G as in galaxy retards, you know, this thing that the entire star trek is about DISCOVERING

>DSG
disgovery :DDDDD

>DSG
It's STD

Thanks for the chuckle my dsg autist friend. I also enjoyed your 'wth' abbreviation. Is that one equally obscure?

game of thrones sucks though

STD faggots are not real trekkies. STD faggots are drama queens.

STD faggots are not real sci-fi fans. STD faggots are girl drama queers.

It's a play on BSG aka Battlestar Galactica meaning it's just as dark and shitty and non-humorous as that rebooted series is, same idea.

It's shitty shit of a shit show in both instances, dull to the point of being a blunt weapon at this point and still the fucking stupid fans will beg to be hammered with it more and more.

Terrible show, utterly disgusting.

Sdar Drek Disgovery :DD

star trek is fucking reddit and everything similar to it

STD seems to be a darker toned, more serialized version of DS9 where as Orville is more like TNG in that it has a much more light hearted approach to its themes and tone. I like both series for different reasons, so I watch both.

DisGoverStar Galactica

>DSG is more natural for 'Disgraceful'

FTFY

>It's a play on BSG aka Battlestar Galactica

LOL, that would be so terrible and pretentious of OP that you *must* be right.

>orville
>reddit
Fucking kill yourself cbs marketer. The reason why no one likes dsg is because it's hot garbage that takes itself seriously and isn't even about Star Trekking. I bet you like blade reddit 2, which is as reddit as they come pleb.

No it's DIS.

DSG?

youtu.be/LQCU36pkH7c

Std. Rolls of the tongue. If i wanted to say "dis" , i would act like its 1997

I'm gonna ignore OP's buttfaggotry and just say that both shows are terrible for different reasons but since they're both big piles of shit why even bother arguing about which one's mildly better than the other

Also Orville reinforced my judging compass of "never watch a show when half the general is waifu-posting", boy if I only listened to myself before wasting 5 hours on pre-school tier scriptwriting and hamfisted "funnies" that make you cringe more than anything else

>DIS
It's DSC

The main characters are a mulatto and a white male.

At least try.

Discover
Spece
Galazy

>dsg
Is there a third space show?
Hopefully it's better than STD.
That show sucks.

OP is obvious bait, but there are Star Trek "fans" who really think this. I think Discovery is a piece of shit that's Star Trek in name only, but if you like this generic space drama then good for you.

dude i literally cringe watching std
last night i literally said out loud
>what the fuck is this shit
i cant do it man i just cant
im not memeing, its just awful and pretending its a good successor just proves you dont know jack shit

Orville - kíno
STD - flick

It's DRY, you fucking cringy reddit shits

I quite like the ex-wife and the gay marriage drama. I love being a numale, so I gravitate towards shows that make the numale in me dance like The Orville and Rick and Morty.

Are you talking about STD? Also

>muh reddit

>buttblasted CBS shills are STILL trying to course correct the whole STD thing

Wow, someone opened the wrong jar of pickles for me.

Implying STD has writers and they aren't just making it up as they go along, endlessly stringing out a nonsense, never-ending, serialized plot like every other horrible modern tv show.

Watching ep4 and why do the klingons look so goddamn cheap, like they're wearing the shittiest rubber prosthetics

Rick and Morty season 3 was the best one yet though. You're just bitter that you're a Jerry who lost its queen.

The gay marriage thing wouldn't even have been bad if it was handled properly

Instead we got
>so you're saying women are inferior?
>>yes
>can you, a male, bend this piece of metal?
>>no
>but this woman right here can, and with a shit-eating grin on her face to boot
>>she's from a species of literal Hulks and a male from her species can do it easier than her
>but there aren't any such males here so I win the argument and women are superior
??????

so redditor now means "people who disagree with me"?

3/10 improve your trolling attempts

t. redditor

Does it ever occur to Trekkies that people might want space shows that aren't the same exact universe forever with a overstayed welcome Movie series running along side of it? I think people are just really tired of Vulcans and Klingons and the whole Trek universe.

Orville is actually giving people sci-fi space with a new universe. It's not surprising it's doing well.

trekkies are the definition of fandumb

"trekkies" still do and always love the universe of Star Trek, that is precisely why they hate STD, it feels like they went well out of their way to fuck with something we love. Find any nerd hobby nowadays and you will see a vocal minority within that doesn't just want something new (as minority fans always have), they have actively moved to destorying what is there out of spite that their minority goals weren't listened to. Leftyism is an actual disease and a threat to the body.

STD! Hahahahahhahahhaa