Watch blade runner

>watch blade runner
>visually nice, but otherwise it's nothing special
>come back home
>check RT to read what the critics are saying about it
>almost unanimous praise from both critics and audience members
>many calling it one of the greatest cinematic achievements ever made

I used to be very skeptical of the idea that studios bought reviews, but it's very obvious they're doing it here so shamelessly with Blade Runner 2049. I don't think they even care to hide it anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RhH6QknHHI8
youtube.com/watch?v=S-S5n0JniDw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>one of the greatest cinematic achievements ever made

It is. Unless you can disprove it.

i felt this after watching Mad max fury road. critics are really fucked up nowadays. I don't think they're bought, but something is clearly wrong with them

Fury Road is OK but forgettable. I just saw BR2049 and am gonna re watch it today I think, and im gonna see if it holds up or not, but it seemed fucking amazing

but fury road was a masterpiece

Why does every /tv user always think his opinion is the opinion of everybody?

You all have superior complex.

Here we go again.
A masterpiece gets made,
retards can't believe it.
Every good movie must be bought reviews right OP?

>I don't like this movie
>I hope everybody else also hates it
>wait they all like it?!
>THIS CAN'T BE TRUE
>HOLY SHIT WHY DOES EVERYBODY ELSE LIKE IT?!
>NO, AM I----ALONE IN THIS WORLD?!
>NO it must be a LIE
>I have to tell everybody on /tv about the truth!
>I'M RIGHT, EVERYBODY IS A SHILL EXCEPT ME

>nothing special

probably a woman

>OP is K
>he thinks his life and opinions are important and unique, but in reality he is just a side character living in someone else's story

Its a symptom of being a 90s born queer

"Top Critic"
QUE REDDITISSIMA, QUE UPVOATA MWAH MWAH!!

You’ve got to remember who reads critical reviews.

It’s not just film nerds. Normies also read the reviews to inform their decision whether to see the film or not.

normalfag fuck off.

I dropped 120 µg of acid a little before going to the movie and I have to admit that it really is one of the best movies I have ever seen. I didn't know it was even possible to make movies of that scale. Only complain I have to give is that the soundtrack was pretty underwhelming from time to time, I was really broken that Jóhann Jóhannsson didn't compose it all the way through.

bet you cunts havent even seen the original

Reason why i liked it...This guy sums it up very well.

>Karim El Abdellaoui from Marseille has no taste in cinema
Quelle surprise!

My name is not Karime and i'm not from Marseille. And wtf are you even talking about ?

>>visually nice, but otherwise it's nothing special

Tell us about the movie. Describe it and tell us what you think was happening.
We'll let you know if you're on track or not. Try to explain the themes if you can.

Also, name a movie you *would* call "special" so we know where you're coming from.

dude retards call the original a masterpiece while it's a boring piece of shit and a clusterfuck

Fury Road is feminist propaganda that literally consulted the writer of the Vagina Monologues.

Blade Runner 2049 is a serviceable sequel and great example of Goose-kino. This movie is a literal /ourguy/ movie, like Drive. Gosling consciously panders to the "feels audience" that he knows he has.

you're a shitskin from france or possibly belgium who wrongly believes that br2049 is a well directed film that properly captures and explores the ideas it poorly introduces with cleverly constructed scenes, instead of the overplayed cliched garbage already used a million times in this subgenre
I mean common Jean Maloud you know what the fuck im talking about

Blade Runner (1982) was a happy (yet gloomy) accident, involving: a) a young and ambitious director who fought ferociously with studio executives in order for them to let him fulfil his vision; b) a rising blockbuster star who wanted to prove he can also act in a serious movie; c) a crazy Dutch actor who decided to change the script and improvise one of the most memorable monologues in film history; d) a bunch of talented artists who wanted to make a movie that would look and sound different from anything else we had seen before. And most of all, e) a post-Vietnam turbulent era when Hollywood rebels like Coppola, Scorsese and Cimino were audaciously attempting to reinvent the language of cinema, telling stories that mattered and not caring at all about target audiences and marketing trends. As a result, Blade Runner was a box office failure that slowly became a legend, breaking stereotypes like "good guy kills bad guy at the end" and dealing with existential agony on an almost metaphysical level; always within the context of a gritty future dystopia.
Blade Runner 2049 is none of these things. On the contrary, it's the flawed triumph of a next generation of studio executives, who control the creative process by paying millions to the industry's best of the best, providing they will make something that will take advantage of a successful brand in order to bring profits to shareholders. If there is one word to describe this movie, it's "replicant".

It’s fine you didn’t like it mate, just know that your opinion is shit

Except you’re forgetting that k didn’t want to be the guy, he just wanted to live with his waifu

>you're a shitskin from france or possibly belgium
I'm European shithead...And i never spent a day in Belgium in my entire life.
Also, what you said about 2049 is not a fact, just your opinion.
And guess what ? opinion are like assholes...In other words we all have one...Mine is just as valid as yours.
You're a probably a mongrel considering what passes for white in your country

You’re response only solidifies my point

have you seen the movie because i what you described sounded quite similiar to the reboot
the bad guy doesnt die
nd this is technically a box office failure too
the story told actually matttered as it described an identity crisis which is a huge problem nowadays and will become an even bigger one in the near future
it shows things movies of that category wouldnt normally show you didnt even make a point please explain
ultimately i cant tell you to like the movie but please dont shit on a good movie just because you dont like it

I felt the film was pretty mediocre too but the thing is...

I can't stop thinking about the film. I think there's something there that's worth a rewatch.

so you're a native french without taste
that's even worse
it appears that drumpf is right about one thing at least, which is that france is no longer france

ha I feel the same way.

Thought I enjoyed it immensely until the Vegas fight and everything that followed after that but eh.

>so you're a native french without taste
What's so special about your taste then ? What kind of snobism is this ? You sound like a pretentious pseudo-intellectual. Who the fuck do you think you are ?

Reminder that BR2049 is being counter shilled by disney pajeets afraid of its impact on Star Wars

It is an epic made small and personal with film trickery. Very Canadian, right down to the snowy Los Angeles.

>Fury Road is feminist propaganda that literally consulted the writer of the Vagina Monologues

She was hired to do some acting coaching with the actresses playing the wives because Miller heard her interviewed on Australian radio about working with sexually-abused women in the third world and she happened to be in the area. He also hired a crazy ex-Australian army general to coach the war boys.

Fury Road was a fine film, a great sequel and one of the few releases in recent memory actually worth dragging yourself to the theatre for. I don't know if I can say the same for Bland Runner 2049.

I felt this way about Fury Road

there's nothing special about my taste
its just that i dont fall for flavor of the month garbage like baby driver, dunkirk and 2049 thats made by meme directors, unlike apparently 70% of this Sup Forumseddit infested board

>afraid of its impact on Star Wars
This, the pajeet fears the box office failure.

>A great sequel and one of the few releases in recent memory actually worth dragging yourself to the theatre for.

Sounds like BR 2049 to me.

>just b yourself omg so deep haha millenials wont get this XD

e d g y

>there's nothing special about my taste
>its just that i dont fall for flavor of the month garbage like baby driver, dunkirk and 2049 thats made by meme directors,

And so you concluded that i'm that type of person ? Who the fuck are you ? Do we even know each other ?....

I haven't seen Baby Driver btw. I've seen Dunkirk, good film but left me cold. (emotionally speaking). My favorite Nolan flicks are Prestige, Inception & Memento. Dark knight was good...Insomnia was meh...(not to mention it was a remake) Dark knight rises was mediocre imo. Insterstallar suffers from similar problems...Had potential but ruined by that library tesseract scene near the end.

Are you one of those pretentious cunts who loves films that fail miserably at the box office or are only watched by a 100 people in the world just for the sake of it ? As some sort of intellectual ego-masturbation ?....

I'm very curious, what was your top 3 favorite films this year ? Any favorite film directors ?

So ok...Villeneuve is a hack, Nolan is a hack...So who do you like ? enlighten me...

nice way to completely miss the point of his post because he's making fun of red and dittors

>>just b yourself omg so deep haha millenials wont get this XD
It's not about "not getting it"...It's quite easy to understand. And i chose this text because that's how i also personally felt about this film. (note: english is not my native tongue). And his way of putting it was perfect to me.

just being himself is what he did in the beginning. it's stagnation
but I guess you really are not going to get it because you're a millennial

HONKA HONKA

only good film i've seen from this year thus far has been Hong Sang-soo's On the Beach at Night Alone
Hong Sang-soo is arguably the most acclaimed korean filmmaker ever and this film was probably the most anticipated film of berlin film festival
So he's not a director who makes films that only "less than a hundred people see"
And as for my favourite directors its Nicholas Ray, its Smauel Fuller , its Peter Watkins, its Paul Verhoeven(ewven though i hated his last three films) etc.
I have no special preferences
I've seen genre films that i would classify as high-brow art more than the films that aim to be high-brow and ive seen plenty of those that were terrible

>I don't know if I can say the same for Bland Runner 2049.
You can. 2 different movies but they share this aspect, no other prequel/sequel/reboot I can think of does.

>only good film i've seen from this year thus far has been Hong Sang-soo's On the Beach at Night Alone

This ?
youtube.com/watch?v=RhH6QknHHI8

How does it feel ? Do you feel special and unique knowing that 99% of us having seen it ?
Now, did you actually geniunely liked this film or are you saying this just because you're a fucking edgy snowflake ?...

(you see how easy it is to judge a person you know nothing about ?)...Earlier you called me a shitskin, then you said that i was from Belgium or marseille... And said i had shit taste. (if any your personal taste were somehow special or objectively superior to mine).

I'm not too familiar with Korean cinema.
I've seen this one (which i thought was brilliant)...
youtube.com/watch?v=S-S5n0JniDw

Hey it looks just as boring as yours though...So maybe i'll eventually check out "On the beach at night alone"...You never know

So i've seen 3 Iron, sympathy for mr vengeance, Oldboy, Memories of murder, I saw the Devil....a few others but these are the one i remember right now...

Nicholas Ray, Smauel Fuller ? Peter Watkins?
What are you 50 years old ? I'm talking about recent or active film directors....Any names ? ,Paul Verhoeven ? Last film i've seen from him was Elle with Huppert (which i thought was ok but overrated)

>having seen it ?
haven't

>How does it feel ? Do you feel special and unique knowing that 99% of us having seen it
no
since i'ves seen movies that 99.9999% of the board hasn't seen that i've liked, but also movies that 99.9999% hasnt seen that i've hated
>Now, did you actually geniunely liked this film or are you saying this just because you're a fucking edgy snowflake ?...
yes i genuinely like this film
it was touching, deeply affecting, brave and personal
i wouldnt call it great. or a masterpiece though as it has some minor issues, but it's still a pretty damn good movie
>Nicholas Ray, Smauel Fuller ? Peter Watkins?
What are you 50 years old ? I'm talking about recent or active film directors....Any names ?
because you didnt specify that you meant "new" directors connard
anyways:
Antonin Peretjatko
Tsai Ming-liang
Anna Biller
Roberto Minervini
Tobias Lindholm
Corneliu Porumboiu
Michael Almereyda
Also stop spacing so autistically
jesus christ man

Look at all that 'ad-hominem' spilled on the ground like spaghetti from a pocket.

>Antonin Peretjatko
>Tsai Ming-liang
>Anna Biller
>Roberto Minervini
>Tobias Lindholm
>Corneliu Porumboiu
>Michael Almereyda

Fucking hell man...Are you a Cannes film fest judge or something? Do you take pride mentioning directors 0,1% of the world's population are aware of ?...

Out of the names you have mentioned i know
Anna Biller (i guess i under the Niche behind her style but not my thing at all man...i'd rather stick with the "hack" Villeneuve and Nolans of the world, sorry for not being as smart as you)

I also know Roberto Minervini (Only seen Low Tide from this director)

And also Michael Almereyda (i've only seen Experimenter, which i thought was average, and i'm still wondering why they even bothered doing a film about it even though it's a fascinating subject). But i thought it was a film as useless as Oliver Stone's Snowden. (useless if you've already seen the real documentary which thaisfilm is inspired from)

Who else ?
Tobias Lindholm, yes..I remember Jagten (in my country it was called "la chasse"). Good film but i don't know much else from that director.

As for the other names you have mentioned, i don't think i know them. Never heard of them.
So i guessed right, you're a fucking film snob aren't you?

Guess what? You're not alone. But elitism for the sake of it is bullshit. I can appreciate Villeneuve films and that doesn't stop me from watching Philippe Grandrieux films. (who's as anti-commercial as it gets). And i don't pretend to like all these directors just for the sake of it. They too, ALSO create shit films. And sometimes in a blue moon, they happen to produce great ones. At least that's my opinion (and as you already...Opinions are like assholes). And i'm sticking to it.

You still had no legit reasons to call me
1 - a shitskin
2 - to tell me i had shit taste. (again, you can't objectively judge something like that...Because your opinion is just as subjective as mine).