Justify your hatred of this show. Remember, no meme words like "sjw","Tumblr", "Cal Arts", "Filler", or "Agenda"

Justify your hatred of this show. Remember, no meme words like "sjw","Tumblr", "Cal Arts", "Filler", or "Agenda".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ou7oK9LWNuY
youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
youtube.com/watch?v=svSsbbAnuTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's fucking ugly to look at.
It tries to force down a political agenda.
The fanbase is cancer.
People use it to push their political agenda.
It barely focuses on the main plot.

>No memes worlds like "Agenda"

Steven Universe is overly optimistic. Lif isn't always sunshine and rainbows like the show makes it out to be.

Granted, I don't really hate it (I watch it from time to time ) but that one thing just irks me.

But it is doing exactly that.
If Rachel Glucose wasn't bound by the CN executives, this cartoon would be even more gay.

>Agenda
Fucking coward.
Can't even make one fucking shit post without using a meme word. Try harder faggot.

Here let me show you, fucking pussy:

>The show has attracted a frequently horrific fanbase who are every bit as acidic and kneejerk as the people they claim to fight against. Ultimately, it's a poor, bad influence on the stupid and it only continues to encourage that bad behavior.

I don't hate it

In fact, I love it.

He's a fat faggot that wears pink. it looks hideous. I don't need to watch it to know it's about as lowbrow as my fucking toenails. The fans are more fucking insufferable than eminem fans in a facebook comment section.

>The fanbase is cancer
>"It's bad because of the fandom"

Show's based around an annoying child.
Poor, mishandled story lines which tries to push poorly written emotional drama.
Terrible comedy.
Show has an art style that works against it.
Show tries to do serious topics, but the execution is shit due to poor writing.

This so tries to be too emotional when it doesn't need to. Almost every other episode someone is crying. Can anyone name a character on that show who hasn't fucking cried yet?

If I wanted to watch a show about crybabies, I would have watched Rugrats.

I don't hate it, but I'm definitely not as fond of it as when it started.
>Has a lot of good ideas that become extremely tedious or nonexistent
>Filler is actually the right word, whether OP likes it or not. All it serves to do is focus on extremely unlikable characters.
>A majority of the characters are assholes, yet we are supposed to care about them. Ironically enough, it's guys like Steven's uncle that are likable due to their realistic understanding of the things around them, yet they are treated as straight up wrong just because.
>Obnoxious themes that are shoved in your face, which has become an increasing issue

it's shit

have you watched the show? lmao. Every single day Steven has to deal with the truth that his mom murdered someone, among other things.

>sjw
>Tumblr
>Cal Arts
>Filler
>Agenda

I was about to say that the fanbase is as stupid as the main character, but what you said is more precise.

It's a show for kids, why do they have to put they fucking luggage in its plot? it's not even their money, it's CN money.

Boring touchy feely crap with ugly bland characters.

I just think it's poorly written. The pacing is awful and the incredibly inconsistent and sporadic release schedules don't help matters. Character development is shallow and messages are hamfisted. It fails show don't tell all the time by having characters openly express their emotions and feelings. Additionally, it's hard to take dramatic/emotional moments seriously with such a cartoony art style.It feels like it's unsure what it wants to be and who it's trying to appeal to.

I won't even get into the fanbase because that's a whole separate thing and doesn't have bearing on the show itself.

>no meme words
Ok.
Steven is an ineffectual, annoying crybaby that only gets shit done because he has his hand held and ass wiped by a team of literal war veterans that shoulder anything remotely challenging. Which wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't the only perspective the plot was conveyed through. But he is, so fuck him.

All the other characters are 2 dimensional cutouts whose personalities can be conveyed through a couple of mental-health-buzzword filled sentences.

The animation is shit, especially considering that it's one of the most popular animated cartoons out there right now. When Seth Macfarlane's ego-jizz or Dan Harmon's nihilist scifi wank has more dynamic and fluid animation, then you know Sugar's team is screwing the pooch.

Also, for a show whose main merits is how sexually progressive (oh no a buzzword) it is, Sugar took the bitch way out by falling back on the whole "they're not LESBIANS, they're GENDERLESS SPACE ROCKS" bit. Like god damn, the majority of your fanbase lauds you for your portrayal of alternative sexuality, yet you can't even have the balls to cop to the principles that make your show popular. You fucking fence sitting cunt.

Not to mention that the slice of life segments are based around the antics of characters that just do not have likeable personalities. Yet they're portrayed as flawed in a manner the average person can relate to, despite the average person being at least tenfold as well adjusted as the most functional of the gems or Steven.

Its propaganda.

It isn't about telling a good story or even forwarding a maxim in a traditional narrative, the show has an agenda and it pushes it every chance it gets.

>no meme words like "filler"
there aren't enough shrugging anime girls in the world to respond to this

Annoying main characters.
Every character development is forgot after a few episodes.
Also fusions and gems in general look shitty.

Enjoy your townie episodes, its the reason you're getting canceled

hahahahaha wtf?

I don't like the message it's sending to kids. Kids are young and impressionable and this show's values aren't good for them and they might try to replicate what they see

Stephen is not spelled with a v

I don't find it funny, nor do I find the dramatic parts particularly interesting.

it's okay

fanbase pushed it so hard the sight of it makes me sick

>Steven is an ineffectual, annoying crybaby that only gets shit done because he has his hand held and ass wiped by a team of literal war veterans that shoulder anything remotely challenging.
lol

Man you would be shocked if you watched past the first few episodes.

That sounds like an argument against every good cartoon ever

Art style is terrible.
Music is terrible.
Voice acting is terrible.
Writing is terrible.
Animation is terrible.

It's a terrible show propped up by the fact that the majority of the cast are dykes and it's on a mainstream children's network.

Starts off meh, there's this sorta good period that starts at Ocean Gem and ends mid season 2, with some highs in other places.

My main problem would be all the characters. The more they develop the gems, the more unlikable they seem to become. Pearl's obsession with Rose comes off as irritating. Roses' Scabbard was a really fucking good episode, but they drop the character development from that episode, and accomplish the same thing again with Mr.Greg 2 seasons later. Amethyst is a little more subjective, but for me personally, I always found her annoying, and after Little Butler I couldn't sympathise with her at all. Garnet not only has all the mystery about her removed in Jailbreak, but ceases to be a character from then on. They all feel very genuine, but they do some scummy shit and the show never really acknowledges it as such.

Steven's an annoying shit and the only time I really liked him was Bismuth.

Lapis starts out as a force of nature with a nice aura of mystery to her. Then when she comes back all the mystery's revealed, she stops doing much of anything, and becomes boring.

The townspeople are all annoying.

Greg and Peridot are great. Give them a buddy episode set up like Emperor's New Groove.

Oh, and fuck off, OP. This show has some of the worst and most purvasive filler I've ever seen.

shouldn't have to

>"they're not LESBIANS, they're GENDERLESS SPACE ROCKS"

Holy fuck this

They look like women, act like women, are most likely voice acted by women

"Nuh uh they're ROCKS :^)"

WELL YOUR ROCKS ARE FUCKING GAY WOMEN

But

His name isn't Stephan, his name is Steven.

>letting a fan base ruin a show for you
That's just a foolish idea don't let other people's retardation stop you from enjoying something

Every cartoon that misspells Stephen

I love this show but "filler" is not a meme buzzword. It's a legitimate complaint.

>lmao
Back to tumblr with you.

When the idea is that the character develops and matures over time then you sort of do.

It's spelled Stephen. Steven is a plebshit way of spelling it

lmao

>Steven, your mother
>Yeah I know she killed someone
>What? No!! Your mother is a fucking genderless rock. I mean how the fuck a genderless rock can be a mom it's over my comprehension.

Maybe if we could agree on a definition some people think anything not centering around a Diamond counts as filler

youtube.com/watch?v=ou7oK9LWNuY

This always makes me laugh.

Steven is a little bitch and I want him to be very unhappy. I don't like the even vague implication that anything about his character is good or admirable.

I have. My favorite character is Lion. Steven getting a shield and the ability to bubble (something the gems already have) as well as the ability to somewhat heal doesn't make up for shit. He's still a god damn burden whose most useful skill is diplomacy that only works on autistic-by-autistic-spacerock-standard gems. Only thing that could redeem him is them going with the whole "he's a hidden super weapon cultivated by Rose and just doesn't know it yet".

If the character sucks from the start, why should I bother?

My biggest problem with this show is that everytime I have something not so nice to say someone who doesn't think like me or gets mad at my opinion creates a thread on Sup Forums asking why you wouldn't like steven cancerverse?

It is terribly paced and when it attempts to tell any story elements everything is considered a mystery because Steven doesn't question anything. The characters tend to be terrible and horrible to others (mostly a personal gripe). Most of the character building is done through crying. The "choreography" is bad. Animation tends to be bad. There is no way to "just get into it" because the first 30 episodes or so are fucking filler.

Show me a single episode that has a satisfying conclusion, which doesn't include feelings, trying to enact a safe space, crying, angst, or some other cancerous form of over-emotional drivel.

Loophole to keep CN off their backs. If they out and said they were lesbians, CN would shut them down hard.

The episodes where they explore the residents of beach city are usually pretty great. Anytime they try to world build or develop the main characters inevitably turn out incredibly hackneyed and filled to the brim with not so subtle metaphors.

Yeah I mean who wants to watch something where people grow the main characters should be perfect and never change from the first episode

Honestly your basically complaining that Steven isn't a Mary Sue

I hate this show because the main character is a fucking idiot and not even the funny type.

giving a kid to a pair of lesbians isn't a desirable outcome, its making the best of a bad situation. I for one don't see why they don't give lesbians girls and fags boys, chances are there are a ton of teens out there who are already on the fence about their sexuality and could use some guidance.

Nothing ruins a man so much as have two gay moms, when he grows up he won't have any idea how to act around other men.

I used to say it was okay for gay couples to adopt. I meant mature gay couples taking troubled young teens under their wings and helping them sort shit out. 2 grown women taking care of an 8 year old boy isn't what I had in mind.

All the sjws ruined it. Tumblr picked it up. Lesbians should be gassed.

Every story is basically just a vehicle for their agenda, the plot is incidental. Just them being there reinforces the message that traditional gender roles are bad and that masculinity is somehow toxic.

The aspects of Steven's personality that people really hate never really change. He becomes more effective but thats just because he gets better at using his abilities. People hate him because of his ineffectual personality. The narrative kind of bends itself over backwards more as time goes on to make him right and the world wrong. But the problem is: People want him to be wrong.

One of them is even a rock made up by the perpetual TOTALLY-NOT-SEXUAL boning of two midget women, that is portrayed as being perverted deviant behavior by the other TOTALLY NOT WOMEN space rocks.

Like god damn. That shit is more heavy handed than Mike Tyson swinging around a pair of 50 pound kettle bells.

Oh, I'm sorry. If I don't enjoy Steven 'The Space Rock' Johnson from the start, I should just wait through 2 seasons for him to become interesting?

Of course I wanna watch a good show where characters grow. But if I don't enjoy them to begin with, why should I sit through more?

>people want
>I want
Wah this show doesn't pander to me wah

>Steven getting a shield and the ability to bubble (something the gems already have) as well as the ability to somewhat heal doesn't make up for shit.
It's weird that you think that's what people refer to when they're talking about him maturing, instead of how he takes charge and doesn't let people wallow in self-destructive emotions. And didn't you see the episode where he beat the shit out of one of the Crystal Gems?

Point. Yet if CN shut them down hard, they'd have an absolutely ridiculous amount of social media backlash against them. If Korra can get away with it (garnering massive amounts of praise from the progressive crowd), pretty sure Sugar can.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's been a year since The Cluster and they haven't done anything since. No real additions to the world building or meaningful character development, which the show was already short on to begin with.

It also became a fan fiction of itself, paring together characters like Lapis and Peridot who have no reason to like each other and bond way too quickly. And shoehorning in Connie despite being a bland useless character who Steven has no reason to like.

Any more videos of people talking shit about su? This was fun.

SU was released before Korra ended

Also what they did in Korra is nothing like it was only implied and literally nothing happened also wasn't the last season of Korra online only?

He perfectly explained why Sup Forums hates Steven, SUckass.

I'd also add his bizarre hatred of Kevin being very hypocritical considering his own friends have done worse sex-related shit (but are female).

I wish there was more of that type of thing but unfortunately that was all I have.

I don't understand why people like this show. Are there that many fucking little manlets being raised by dykes that they need a show specifically catering to them?

Do single moms feel the need to strap their kids to a chair and pull their eyelids open so they can watch the "tolerance brigade social media hour" like clockwork orange because they can't handles boys natural aggressive behavior?

Its like, "Oh god, don't give little Jhonny a cap gun, he'll grow up to be a sociopath!"

>thinks people hate steven because he ISN'T a mary sue
>claiming others are entitled because they don't like your show

The lack of self awareness on display here is mesmerising.

Whats weird is I kind of liked Kevin. His entire character was "douchebag who hits on girls" but its like he broke the setting's logic by just being a douche. Steven will probably befriend even Yellow Diamond in the end but he can't fucking touch Kevin because Kevin doesn't actually care at all.

Kevin is best character for me. Because of him you can see how hypocrytal is steven and his friends.

>I'd also add his bizarre hatred of Kevin being very hypocritical considering his own friends have done worse sex-related shit
He learned to get over it though

Here ya go, friends!

The review: youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
The SU fans reaction to the review: youtube.com/watch?v=svSsbbAnuTA

I'll give you the fact that the writers use him as an effective emotional crutch for the other gems.

>And didn't you see the episode where he beat the shit out of one of the Crystal Gems?
Isn't that the episode where he fused with one of the Crystal Gems that, if not for her stunted growth, would be the most powerful of the group? That's not even on Steven. That's on the innate power of Rose combined with Amethyst (assuming you're talking bout the Jasper fight).

Thanks Sup Forumsmrade

He's talking about Bismuth, mate.

I think he is talking the episode before that either when Steven fights Amethyst or when he fights Bismuth

Or Amethyst, maybe.

I watched I like the first 10 episodes and didn't really care. I didn't bother to watch it after it. The only other episode I watched was the Carl one just for the voice actor.

It's been a fucking year?

The storytelling is basically going backwards at this point

It is in this case because the fanbase is affecting what the writers and boarders do. Tons of ship teasing just for them. It's like Homestuck or how TF2 went to shit when all future weapons were based around "what the community wanted".

It says a lot about Rebecca and her crew when basementdwellers on youtube can do more dynamic animation than her.

The gems in SU are portrayed as female. They have female character designs. Their fusion dances are suggestive as fuck. Do you really think the type of people who would kick up a fuss over lesbians would really give a shit about the offhand explanation of "these female-figured characters with tits and ass aren't LESBIANS, they're GENDERLESS SPACE ROCKS"?

Haven't caught up to that episode yet. Gonna go on a binge before resuming debate (stopped after the green tech goblin became part of the CGs). Ty anons. If Steven stops being an ineffectual little shit I will be pleasantly surprised.

Not that person and while I hate the GENDERLESS SPACE ROCKS argument I feel it gives the execs at Cartoon Network enough legal leeway that they can say "There are no lesbians in this show" and it technically be true and that was good enough for them.

And do soccer moms even give a shit about cartoons anymore? I haven't heard any controversy.

He did but only by not obsessing over Kevin, not learning that he's not that bad especially when compared to gem aliens that tried to kill you and the planet.

When would kids watch this show anyway it rarely get a new episodes and if it isn't a new episode CN just gives the time slot to reruns of TTGO

I like this show a great deal.

But I think any of the "meme words" you listed are extremely legitimate to use when describing or giving a reason why you might dislike it.

He was being kind of obnoxious in that episode.

Oh please Steven doesn't think Kevin is worse than the Diamond Authority but the hatred you feel for say Hitler and the hate you feel for the guy that tries to fuck your daughter are two very different types of hatred

All I'm saying is that, in this day and age, the minority that would kick up a moral outrage over "LESBIANS, in the cartoons MY CHILDREN are watching?!" probably wouldn't give a shit over the precise in-universe technical definition given to the space gems. You do have a solid point though. Calling them genderless space rocks does give Sugar (imo flimsy) plausible deniability.

Barfk barfk.

>Haven't caught up to that episode yet
How is that possible when you were shitting on an episode that happened after both of them?

As someone that likes the show but doesn't participate in any type of autism for it (/sug/ tumblr reddit etc) here is my take of the bad stuff

>11 minutes are not enough
>bombs are fucking retarded
>the art has gotten worse. Steven used to look like a 14 year old. He now looks 8. The gems look more boring now.
>the songs are not that great. With the talent they have I don't get how It's Over Isn't it is the only really good one they had
>The Cluster was resolved so quickly and revealed the awful pacing issues with the show
>Townies are boring. I would not call them filler, but I would be okay without knowing about Mr Smiley backstory
>too many anime references. Once in a while is ok, but instead of a wink is not Sugar and co blinking rapidly at you

Over all my biggest complain is that the show wants to have it's cake (fun and interesting lore about a alien species that came to earth thousands of years ago to colonise it but there was a rebellion against their robotic and emotionless rule and now defend the Earth) and eat it too (slice of life)

And because is 11 minutes per episode, it's impossible to balance it out correctly. The Bombs make it 10x worse.

Rational, intelligent logic and SU bait threads do not go hand in hand. Please leave.

Honestly I think this is all down to the lack of power the writers have. SU is a boarder-driven show, so fun animation and interesting on-screen stuff rules the day. This is all well and good, but if that's the case they shouldn't have stuffed it so full of lore and given it a myth arc.

Not everyone watches in sequential order.
Even though I shit on SU, I still enjoy watching fusion fights on youtube