Never saw what was on the other side of the portal

>Never saw what was on the other side of the portal
>Never saw properly the fucked up shit Bill did to Stanford
>No "Dipper goes fucking crazy and joins Bill" story arch like we theorized
>Cliche backstory episode RIGHT AFTER the biggest episode on the show
>Alex put filler in the last half of season two even when he knew it was the last
>Stanley's mind didn't stay erased
>Teenage pregnancy in the Pines family tree

So, how was it Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RslPKZYRntQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As good as it could have been.

Honestly, being heavily influenced by x files and twin peaks, it realises that the flaws of the two shows was that they explained everything, but the answers were so poor that they raised even more questions.

So, why bother answering fully?

>What's on the other side of the portal? Some apocalypse dimension
>What did Bill do to stanford? Tortured him
>Fanfiction is always terrible
>Required backstory
>Not filler. It raises the whole 'quantum rip' plot device, that was encased safely by stanford, and that was used later to free Bill
>Of course it fucking didn't, this isn't American Dragon, and reset endings suck
>Oregon

Bretty good 9/10, still don't know where robbie's cd came from.

Underwhelming like all children's cartoons

I liked it

>Wendy never did anything interesting.
>Mcgucket and Pacifica fucked off for half a season, only getting breifly acknowledged in the finale.
>Mabel.
>Season 2B rushed as a whole.
>Weirdmageddon rushed and had very little teeth.
>Posession mystery a letdown.

Two teenage pregnancies, actually.

Dipper better pick up the pace.

>Of course it fucking didn't, this isn't American Dragon, and reset endings suck

This is an entirely different context. Mind erasing here was undone to KEEP the status quo, not break it.

It was just okay.

>Not filler

You can't say that when we had shit like Roadside Attraction and Dungeons.

And Stanchurian

Forgot about that one, which says a lot.

Dungeons wasn't filler, see previous point.
Roadside attraction... yeah, okay
At the end of stanchurian, little trump summons bill by making a deal.

>So, how was it Sup Forums?
damn good. one of the best shows in memory
>As good as it could have been.
basically the one good thing you -can't- say about it. it set things up to be even better than they turned out. It's a common thing in this new post-2010 age of good cartoons. but it's silly to bitch as much as Sup Forums does just because it bit off more than it ended up chewing.

>Dipper gets Mabel pregners
>has to work up the nerve to tell their parents
>"took you long enough. why do you think we sent you up there?"
>their parents are twins too

>Teenage pregnancy in the Pines family tree

It's very likely Stan was originally written as the secret Pines grandfather but it was scrapped due to Alex being a whiny fag that couldn't extend the show to its deserved third season because "MUH ANXIETY".

The mysterious infant in "a tale of two Stans" would be around the age of Dipper and Mabel's father in the current setting of the show. I'm betting that nameless baby is Stan's bastard son and actually the father of Mabel and Dipper.

It had countless bits of foreshadowing and subplots, and for a lot of them there was either no resolution, or the resolution was so minor and inconsequential that nobody noticed.

You might be right in saying that they added something to the story, but what was added took up like one minute of the episode and basically had nothing to do with the episode itself.

>Roadside attraction... yeah, okay

Wasn't this episode aired out of order?

Eh.... I think they would have put it together by now realizing their dad was fuckin' 42

Raising a minor plot point to be bought up a couple episodes later doesn't mean mean the episode isn't filler.

filler is a good thing you know

I reckon Robbie found it in an old abandoned/refurbished CD store (where else would you actually find CDs?)

>Bill doesn't yell "Rosebud, bitch!" upon breaking the rift.

When a show is starting and the audiance needs to get to know the cast and setting, sure. Two and a half seasons in? Not so much.

I never cared for the non-filler in this show honestly, but I put up with it. it's fine.

From a CD wizard

Here's a classic:
youtube.com/watch?v=RslPKZYRntQ

>where else would you actually find CDs
A record store (Oregon has many)?
A used cd/dvd/game shop?
Target?

CDs still account for half of music sales

ah man I remember that. It's funny how the fandom has been so far ahead of where hirsch thought they would be, predicting everything, solving everything.. even knowing there would be a real statch long before the thing was released...
but when it came to doing actual, real-life mystery solving, they fell on their fucking faces

How long did it take to find the statue?

2 weeks maybe?

Really, I thought it was closer to months

>"Somebody will die in season 2"!
>It turns out to be the 102 year old mayor who didn't appear in season 1 and has maybe a minute of total screentime.

Nah, it was the woodpecker

Though in fairness, I don't think "somebody will die in x!" has ever not been weaseled out of.

Don't you mean grandad?

no I'm saying if this user's theory was true, that Stan is secretly their grampa and the baby shermy was actually their dad, and there is no shermy, then... y'know? that baby is in his 40s now. If he was their dad, they'd know the story about having a grampa shermy wouldn't make sense when they did the math.

It's not fair to compare an entire community of fans to a few selected tumblrinas who only were there to spout memes. The actual skilled people did not have an opportunity to participate in the puzzle.

I remember some people legitimately thought Dipper or Mabel could die. The chance of any of the main characters biting it was extremely slim, but there was not a snowball's chance in hell a child protagonist would die in a Disney show.

I meant it was a scrapped storyline, hence all the messy ages and blatant miscalculations. The theory that works best with all this is that Stan was meant to be grandpa but the story got scrapped once Hirsch decided to chicken out and end Gravity Falls with two seasons.

To be fair they did kill one of the most popular characters. Never specified it was going to be a good guy.

You're forgetting the final code. Sup Forums gave up whining that it was too hard in a day exposing us as hacks as well.

Alex was full of lies, false promises, and hype that just never delivered. Bill seemed to be some sort of trickster and herald to a greater force of evil, instead though he just ends up being the final boss out of nowhere and the whole "weirdness" thing didn't really have much development.

The ayys were a big fat nothing. The Blind-Eye was nothing and just an excuse to give the twins the ability to mind wipe people when shit got too complicated for Alex to write.

Alex spent more time developing characters like the gay cops than he did Ford, Wendy, or McGucket. His creepy gay Stan-O-War plot felt really forced onto Stan's otherwise flawless character. Characters like Gideon and Robbie were never really resolved properly, they got lightning quick half-assed redemptions while Alex spent more time building up and tearing down his "Drumpf" parody, the Northwests (even Pacifica wasn't spared the flak despite her fan popularity especially post-NWMM, guess its like an Ivanka on the plane "I'm justified in tormenting her because her dad is Literally Hitler!").

There are people here who will defend to their dying breathe the shitty last season and Alex. They'll eat whatever shit he serves them, they're no better than Blizzard or Valvedrones in that regard. Useful idiots, the lot of them.

Really, how many people here are willing to drive out to some shithole in Oregon just to find a Styrofoam statue? How many people from Russia actually visit this site and aren't Kremlinoids? One of the clues got stolen by a bunch of nuns anyway because manlet forgot to inform them of its presence on their property.

Is it just me or is this guy in every single GF thread

It's his passion.

This is what an Alex supporter does. This is what Alex would do.

Ignore the points being made, the criticism levied, and just shoot the messenger.

We're just tired of you dude because we've seen it 30 times and there's nothing left to discuss about it and it's like we're reading from a script.
It's like having a friend who hears a quote from a show that makes people laugh and proceeds to repeat it and repeat it until it loses any value instead of coming up with new jokes.

Okay user, whatever, I won't talk about plot points that Alex failed to capitalize on.

Now you can go back to talking about how Mabel is a dirty slut for throwing Dipper's apocalypse snow globe or whatever.

Tired of that too.

To be fair the property was claimed by two different people at the same time.

We'll get comics, right?

Im really want the promised comics ;-;

I think they story would still work if one of them did die, even if Disney wouldn't allow it.

Also, after Weirdmageddon 1 everybody thought Preston and Gideon were dead.

She's not a dirty slut for that.

She's a selfish moron for that.

you know that the show is mostly about episodic adventures, right?

There is no filler, every episode is a story that is important for the characters

>A severe lack of fuckable ghosts.

Except Carpet Diem and Headhunters.

He didn't really spend much time developing the cops, either

But, user. They were supposed to be gay! LGBT Pride!

Shermie could be the eldest daughter, and her parents were just helping raise her kid.

You know, for a show with such a big element on family, there are a lot of family members who are rarely or never talked about.

Like Mabel and Dipper's parents.

Or pretty much any parents, really.

Do any of the moms even have names?

Pacifica's mom does, none of the others do.

You know, if Steven Universe went to live with Grunkle Stan they would probably have the same relationship as Skippy and Slappy Squirrel

but he was a grunkle from the beginning, so you mean to say you suspect a scrapped storyline where it would be REVEALED that he was their grampa
see i don't buy that because it's something the twins would have figured out by now, based on said ages and calculations.

or yknow, friends pride.
uhh it was explicitly sherman...
ever so this

Or Ford could be their secret grampa

Ford was a grade a virgin

>implying Ford didn't crush any interdenominational alien pussy.

autocorrected. Apparently, interdimensional isn't a word.

I agree he probably changed during the portal but that would still mean he couldn't be the twins grandfather.

>doesn't follow my headcanon
>cries into my diaper

Move on WhineAnon, this show ended a year ago

>expectations
>disappointment
Life.

So in the end which cliffhanger do you think was better? My brother the author, or Bill's weirdmageddon?
I feel like with Weirdmageddon they did a real good job of matching the hype that came with My brother.

10 months, actually

I don't know about that. A lot of people thought Weirdmageddon was a letdown with no real teeth to it. (Well, except for Teeth.)

There were parts of it I really liked and parts that I was indifferent too. There was something about the scene where Bill goes off at Dipper that I really liked, he sounded proper manic and angry that stood out to me higher than other 'villian gets mad' scenes but I can't pinpoint the exact reason.

I did like the scene where he was about to kill Dipper or Mabel. Even if it only lasted a few seconds and was never brought up again, it was pretty intense

Bill trying to goad Dipper into hitting him and saying he was going to kill one just for the heck of it were probably the high points voice wise.

Giffany was a ghost in the machine. Does she count?

She wasn't dead(until the end of the episode), and that's a big part of the appeal of attractive ghosts.

>you know that the show is mostly about episodic adventures, right?

This is a false dichotomy. The show had episodic adventures, yes. But to ignore the fact that it had a wealth of underlying story elements and plot points that arced over the entirety of the show is just silly. The show had enormous potential to raise the bar with its ongoing plotlines culminating in the end of the show, but it was too rushed and didn't deliver on many plot elements.

That doesn't mean the show was bad; it just means it didn't reach its full potential story-wise. I love the show to death, but I wish it had been more ambitious with regard to its stories.

I gueaa

wah!
You sure showed him

honestly at this point I just pretend the show got canned right after NWMM