100% of the American animated films releasing next year are directed by men

Well, Sup Forums?

cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/preview-60-animated-feature-films-look-2017-146865.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Breadwinner_(film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nora_Twomey
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is that Tatami Galaxy in the middle?

As a self proclaimed feminist who liked the Ghostbusters reboot I am too tired to give a shit and really don't care anymore

So?

What's it like having the worst possible taste?

Most American animated films outside of Disney are trash.

same guy

I think same author too

>who liked the Ghostbusters reboot
jesus christ why? That thing was an affront to women and good taste. Me and my BF had more fun spending the next two days talking about all the shit that was wrong with it than we did suffering through it.

Who.

The.

Fuck.

Cares.

It was fun

Will they be good films?

>American animated films

Nope.

how many were it this year?

That's sexist.

If you want more content by women then why aren't you making content?

Oh god, that's a lot of awful CG movies.

Oh, the horror! Clearly, what we need to do is force in a bunch of female directors into jobs they aren't prepared for/want, in order to make everything "equal" and not "sexist".

Sorry I had mindless fun with a movie about shooting ghosts with lasers.

Then blame the fucking producers. The majority of producers in animation are women who are the ones in CHARGE of picking directors and often the crew of artists on the first place.

Capitan Underpants is somehow utilizing Flip-O-Rama and Sock Puppets, so it's damn well possible.

>self proclaimed feminist who liked the Ghostbusters reboot
im sorry about your mind condition

Gee, it's like women don't naturally have the motivation or desire to become directors but still have enough motivation to bitch about it daily.

So women need to step it up.

And I'm sorry for yours

You can make any plot sound stupid but that doesn't mean it has to be. In fact the original Ghostbusters had a lot of clever humor in it.

All i hear when i read that is "not a single woman could come up with a good enough story or idea" hell they dont even need to come up with one, screen plays are floating around all the time, just look.

If the Rick and Morty scenario was anything to go by, women don't give a shit about applying themselves to something unless it's already proven to be a success or they think they won't fit in. It's why there were no female writers for the first season. The crew wasn't being sexist, literally no women writers applied until word got out there were no women writers for this popular Adult Swim cartoon and then resumes just happened to fly right in.

Don't oversell it, it had clever moments but it's far from a clever movie.

Don't get me wrong the original is by far the better movie, but they're both stupid when you get down to it.

That same principle can be applied to many movies actually

Are you guys looking forward to the inevitable announcement of a brand new mediocre animated movie that will get propped up by every single media outlet because it has a female director?

Are you ready to spend $15.99 plus tip to see it on theaters in 3D opening day lest you be called misogynist scum for not supporting women in animation?

user, most people hear can admit to liking shit because it scratches an itch.

But you're so much of a fag that your shoveling in as much as possible. Like going to a farm and stealing it when you can't buy it.

The difference is you didn't have 4 unfunny actors in the first movie. They weren't all clashing for the lead role. Those women did not work together. Also melissa mccarthy's new typecast is way worse than her old one. the only decent role I've seen her in is fucking gilmore girls.

>The Breadwinner is an upcoming 2017 Canadian-Irish-Luxembourgian animated film by Cartoon Saloon directed by Nora Twomey

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Breadwinner_(film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nora_Twomey

>the difference is you didn't have 4 unfunny actors in the first movie.
only 2 unfunny actors

SU fag proving that they are cancer. Or AIDS in the regard that they let cancer or other shit breed without resistance.

You're not so much as bait as throwing an active car battery in a lake. You lack any subtlety and it's to easy. Sup Forums is the easiest board to do it to. Half the people here aren't even aware of board cultures and think every board is Sup Forums or Sup Forums. They whine about crossboarders because they are can't handle any banter.

All I said was I liked a thing, your "reaction image" image was irreverent to anything I said.

@88719538
HOW can something so obvious pull in so many bites?

why did they make a cartoon about two ducks delivering bread suddenly be about shitskins

Gas yourself

Why do I think of Pixar's Brave when you mention this stuff?

it only matters if they end up making money

women want "job equality" only when its glamorous and high paying jobs, cartoon film director isnt very glamorous

So I guess you liked RIPD then as well?

I don't care as long as the movie is good.

Not him, but the original Ghostbusters was overrated shit, like everything produced in the 80's.

>Huh that middle guy looks like Watashi from The Tatami Galaxy
>Look at article
>It's the same director's first movie in over 10 years
Holy fucking shit

Also to make it Sup Forums related, this guy did that Adventure Time episode Food Chain

>The majority of great directors are male
>American Psycho is the only good movie I know directed by a woman

Oh, gee whiz, lad. Colour me surprised.

you need to watch more movies

I DON'T CARE!

>board cultures
Fuck off reddit

Five!

There are five bad characters!

Ah! Ah! Ah!

Who gives a flying fuck? These imbeciles have nothing to write about.

Good. Women suck at film making.

Where's that from on the left?

yeah sure that's why you people also have such a boner for Kung Fu Panda 2

just like every year I will just watch the movies with the most waifu material, just like the rest of Sup Forums

Maybe they'll actually be good.

I have genuinely never seen a thread for any iteration of the Kung-fu Panda franchise on Sup Forums...

then lurk moar faggot

Because women make shit like Brave. The only good modern cartoon crafted by a female creator is Star Vs, and we will still see how that turns out. It's always the shitty new aged liberal aids ridden Hollywood women who get to make them anyway, so who cares?

>cherrypicking.jpg

I hate the art style in most modern cartoons as well, but this image just irritates me.
Character designs "then" had bases they copied from just like they do today, and characters now make just as many exaggerated reactions as characters "then".

And?

I don't fucking care i just want some good animated movies

spotted the newfag

'Cause I have a penis.

>contrarian millennial douchebag opinion

Hello...

No flash photography please...

Why bring up the the Ghostbusters reboot? It was written by a man as well.

Cartoons are becoming more like anime everyday.

Steven Universe isn't terrible.

Guaranteed replies.

To see why it's a good thing visit fanfiction.net

The reason why the R&M crew gets exchanged with a more SJW friendly crowd, is because they were all Bernouts who went on a strike.
If even SJWs think you are too left, you should stop an reevaluate your choices in life.

Thanks to the strike they basically put their names on a blacklist and now get switched by someone from Dan's personal environment.

No refunds.

Eh, most, if not all animated films have been directed by men thus far.

How's this any different?

Same director and same author, new story.

Any local places you can check yourself into?

>Well, /board/?

What's next? "Sup Forums BTFO"? "Really makes you think"?

/thread

Similarly, compare even a 10th of male-written novels in a bookstore to any sample of books by female authors and come back to me.

this is comparing cartoons over a 30 or 40 year period to a 5 year period.

Apples to bananas dude. also I'm pretty sure a couple of these were made in europe. Check their current stuff and see how it differs

Oh no! Things are the same as they've always been, which has been ppretty much fine up until now! BETTER FIX THAT.

Holy shit I am excited as FUUUUCK right now.

Mutafukaz is American now?

>Fun

Fun?
FUN?!?
Hitler had fun.
Why do you support Hitler?

*rolls eyes and breaks nearest object*

I literally cant even right now, like I'm LITERALLY shaking here, ugh.

So?

Is this implying Tatami Galaxy is an American animated film?

Good?

I guess women need to git gud.

>self proclaimed feminist
this is fine, anyone who flips out because of this is hooked on identity politics
>who liked the Ghostbusters reboot
This is bad and you should be ashamed of your opinions, though.

I think you're on the wrong board then.