Which One Is Worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

craveonline.com/site/515353-exclusive-interview-deborah-snyder-talks-man-of-steel-and-easter-eggs#!
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Deadpool.

bait

I'm literally just curious. My friends and I were arguing about it a few days ago.

Suicide Squad is way worse since it's an obvious MCU's Guardians of The Galaxy rip-off or at least the cut mandated by the Warner Bros, executives

Batman v Superman has it's moments and the Extended Cut makes it an okay-ish film unlike Suicide's extended cut.

At least Zack Snyder tried something different than the rest of capeshit and has an unique visual style I guess but BvS isn't exactly a good movie either..

BvS had DCs biggest hitters and still managed to flop. SS at least tried to sell itself as a batman spinoff without batman

>flop
Inigo_Montoya.exe

BvS- 8.5/10
SS- 5.5/10

Suicide Squad by far

>BvS- 8.5/10
kek

The DCEU won't survive Justice League being as "good" as BvS.

Too low?
I almost put 9.

> hey investors, BVS is gonna be a Billion Dollar box office just like all those Marvel movies so please gib monies for budget.
> Snyder makes crap he wants to see instead of making crap THE PEOPLE want to see
> never gets close to 1b

this familia

t.yourass

Come on man, to be fair I haven't seen the extended cut, but I was thinking 5 or 6. That movie sucked.

Considering the volumes of money they are investing in Snyder's films, the Execs are going to expect to see that 10th digit of ticket sales pretty damn soon. The DCEU ain't getting there with movies with a 64% Audience Score.

Comic movies that broke 1 billion adjusted for ticket price inflation:

1. Superman (1978): $1,789,662,782

2. The Avengers (2012): $1,653,908,290

3. The Dark Knight (2008): $1,575,134,156

4. Batman (1989): $1,560,313,276

5. Spider-Man (2002): $1,474,691,001

6. Avengers AoU (2015): $1,405,403,694

7. Spider-Man 2 (2004): $1,241,245,691

8. Spider-Man 3 (2007): $1,234,679,620

9. Iron Man 3 (2013): $1,216,904,288

10. Captain America CW (2016): $1,153,304,495

11. The Dark Knight Rises (2012): $1,150,104,701

12. Superman II (1980): $1,149,892,600

they both have a decent movie somewhere in there struggling to get out

I'm going to say BvS is worse just because it fucking squandered a billion dollar idea

They are both awesome
Batman vs Superman is slightly better tho

Snyder had this idea that WB would be happy fronting $250 mil + a shit-ton in marketing just to plug super-length Justice League trailer with a couple of short fights at the end.

I don't know where he gets the hubris, given the public reception for his last 4 films.

Is is that WB can't fire him now, because they'd look like colossal fools for allowing him this much leash?

Suicide Squad by a mile

>Is is that WB can't fire him now, because they'd look like colossal fools for allowing him this much leash?

That and his wife is one of the executive producers on the whole franchise so they couldn't oust him even if they wanted to

>Take two 1.5 billion dollar franchises
>Mash them together to make a film that grosses half as much for double the cost.

Kino.

BvS was fucking godawful.

Suicide Squad was a serviceable mindless summer blockbuster type of movie. It isn't a competition. SS is the superior movie, BvS was worse.

It's because his wife is a big time producer.

BvS is worse. SS kept me watching the screen for the entire movie. I was playing on my phone in BvS's third act.

Both are awful.

Batman vs Superman should have made $1.5 billion. It not even cracking $900 million is one of the funniest things of the year.

Suicide Squad is barely a movie.

I was incredulous when they started flashing back through the same shots of Bruce's origin as we had just seen like an hour ago.

I thought they couldn't top re-telling the Krypton Story twice in MoS. But I was wrong.

It's more of a Greatest Hits of the 70's commercial with an explosion at the end.

The soundtrack for SS alone should put it below BvS. Suiting up to Eminem? What the fuck were they thinking???

They're both good but Suicide Squad is of lower quality because there's nothing better than BvS.

SS was more empty and retarded, but it was at least watchable.

BvS was just a painful slog to sit through.

Rating BvS as anything lower than 10/10 is bait.

>Snyder makes crap he wants to see instead of making crap THE PEOPLE want to see
Good? What's the problem with this? "The people" are retarded and have no taste. I'd rather have Snyder make good movies than profitable ones. Of course WB will get triggered but at least I have my good movie.

kys false flagger

> facts

t.upsetDcuck

They dumbed it down for normies and they STILL didn't get it. Honestly, Snyder shouldn't have given them a bone. Just let them all drown in a sea of ignorance. More fun for me.

his wife had nothing to do with him getting the movie and even said he shouldnt direct it, the studio wanted him

craveonline.com/site/515353-exclusive-interview-deborah-snyder-talks-man-of-steel-and-easter-eggs#!

Everyone wants him. Everyone who actually cares about the characters, at least. Of course rivals will pretend to be long-time fans and say he's bad in order to ruin it for the rest of us.

>Good? What's the problem with this? "The people" are retarded and have no taste.
He's not doing it with his own money?
WB expects Avengers-level success.

>adjusted for ticket price inflation

Because ticket prices are a set comodity. Since the Muvico costing 16$ for a seat and the local movie plex only costing 9 has been a constant. You also forgot to factor in half price Tuesdays

ah so you are one of these execs then? you heard their meetings? No you are just the same fag who spams this dumb meme. Honestly just end yourself.

Movies have had higher ticket prices in the city and lower in the rural areas, and cheaper ticket times forever though.
They don't calculate against raw inflation, but on relative ticket prices.

I am willing to pretend that WB isn't consciously mimicking the construction of Marvel's Shared Universe (badly) if it will ease your rectal discomfort.
But just for this thread.

Anyone who doesn't say Suicide Squad is a fool and a scoundrel.

>his wife tried to save us
>no one listened

Suicide Squad.

Batman v Superman is a terrible movie but at least they tried.

WTF is up with this "BvS was good" meme?

Nice to see the Synder drones still going strong

it is the truth

BvS is a good movie
SS is horrible waste of potential and a shit movie

Contrarians, memesters, (You) farmers

This better for you?
This is not point in the charts BvS was intended to hold, I daresay.

These are domestic ticket sales of course, I can't help you if you're super concerned with Chinese or Slav reception.

Noteworthy that BvS came in below R Rated Deadpool, and worthies like Spider-Man 3 and Batman Forever.

I would think the people running WB would see this as the wrong direction; they certainly got rid of the head of their film division fast enough.

Suicide Squid

Now time for the real question: which is worse, Age of Ultron or Civil War?

You're asking this at Whedon-hate central?
Why bother?

>WB's face when the Snyder-verse can't climb up to Batman Returns or Superman II domestic ticket sales.

Different people have different opinions. Shocking, I know.

Some people choose to defecate in public streets.
It IS shocking.

Whedon hate aside AoU was a mess

Hard to say. BvS has far better editing and sensible story progression, even if the story it tells is dull as dirt.

The pacing in Suicide Squad is awful. If movies were music, Suicide Squad would be a 3rd-rate dubstep DJ having a seizure. Given the varied abilities of the team, the action sequences were also devoid of creativity.

I want to say Suicide Squad is worse, but it should be. BvS is working with better material, and it would be right to expect more from it. So despite being the better-executed film, BvS is more disappointing and therefore worse.

Both are trash. Who cares?

Squad is much worse.
There is a directors cut that I haven't seen I think. Maybe that one doesn't suck completely.

Hey, if you gotta poop, you gotta poop.

I would say BvS because of the high expectations. It has DC's two best franchises and was meant to kickstart a whole cinematic universe. If it was actually any good, DC could be operating at the same level as Marvel right now. But instead of that, it scared off the normies and upset the fans.

Nobody really expected SS to be anything more than a dumb GotG-wannabe after all the executive meddling, the godawful Joker that only got worse with every line of news that came out, the last-minute reshoots and the "zany" trailer. So people were expecting something dumb as fuck but fun to watch as a brainless action movie, and that's pretty much what they got.

Suicide Squad.

B v S was a mess but mainly because it was 3 whole films slopped together. 3 films that probably could have been decent if they were separate.
- movie about batman and diana out-spying each other
- movie about superman going to court
- movie about lex losing his mind

Sadly they shoved it all together and made a bloated mess.
But that bloated mess still had some bat-shaped nuggets of gold in it.

Suicide Squad had uh

uh

hm

I guess if you're really desperate for underwhelming tits and cgi it had that.

F--

It's totally fine and acceptable to like BvS, but if you think it's some kind of masterpiece, you're either retarded or fooling yourself.

Age of Ultron is worse than Civil War no fuckin' contest.

BVS is hilariously incompetent. It's not a fun movie to watch, but it's a visual and creative trainwreck.

Suicide Squad actually offends me in it's shittiness since I like the Ostrander run. It's almost like watching Hollywood take a giant shit on something you love with an adaptation that defines the way people see and continue the source material.

No, wait; it's exactly that. These characters are fucked forever, Harley Quinn will always be the focus character just like Iron Man in the Bendis Guardians book.

BvS deserves it for Martha and Eisenlex alone