/tpg/ - Twin Peaks General

use your quiet voice when talking about the death of /tpg/ because Dale doesn't know yet Edition

pastebin.com/mcKYsFib

Meanwhile:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KLIIAqlGUdI
instagram.com/p/BZ-vKn2AEuA/?taken-by=mua_elly_belissimova
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Am I really the only one left that hasn't been able to let go yet?

No

Many other people still remember this shitshow, don't worry

>tfw no more Twin Peaks for years

>for years

Try forever. This is it user. The ratings weren't good enough, and Lynch is getting old.

It was a wild ride but the finale was a huge letdown. And Lynch deliberately jumbling up the scene order to manufacture the element of mystery was just lazy. It felt like Lynch being forced to do Lynch.

my dad works at the emmys and he leaked me the noms for best actor 2017

>Kyle MacLaughlin "Agent Cooper" Twin Peaks
>Kyle MacLaughlin "Evil Cooper" Twin Peaks
>Kyle MacLaughlin "Dougie Jones" Twin Peaks
>Kyle MacLaughlin "Richard" Twin Peaks
>The little guy "Dwarf" Game of Thrones

he's gonna do it lads

>yfw kyle wins for dougie and coffee and pie fags nerds on dugpa are all eternally btfo

Finale was the best episode, user.

is /tpg/ still this split on the finale?

Part 18 is clearly the better one.

Where are we gonna post our cutest kyles and sheryls when /tpg/ dies, bros? ;_;

We'll have to keep them in our hearts

Frost will wait for Lynch to die so he can make season 4 where Cooper fights Trump.

a lot of lynchings that night

Did it end? Has it begun?

DOuge find out he's adopted

Laura! Oh god have mercy on my soul!

APOLOGIZE

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Twin Peaks. The dialog is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of existential psychology most of the dialog will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Coop's Buddhist outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from the Dalai Lama, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of this dialog to realize that they're not just interesting- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Twin Peaks truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the nuance of Coop's existential catchphrase "This is, excuse me, a damn fine cup of coffee" which itself is a cryptic reference to Tenzin Gyatso's epic Sleeping, Dreaming, and Dying. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as David Lynch's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Twin Peaks tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for Sheryl's eyes only- And even she has to demonstrate that she's within 5 CUTE points of my own (she is) beforehand.

Did Leland really deserve redemption in death or was "Arbitrary Law" just a terribly misguided and confused episode?

I vote for the latter.

sorry for not paying 25 dolalars

You all are aware that there is NOTHING to talk about anymore, right?

This picture makes me so hard.

The look in his eye, you just KNOW they banged.

Lynch is known to be THE most hung guy in Hollywood, possibly one of the biggest in the world. his cock has been described as "like an evian bottle", with gargantual thickness that would rival shane diesel and shorty mac. im estimating his size to be at least 8.5" bone pressed, with OVER 7" of girth. he would have absolutely destroyed Laura's pussy.

they would have spent hours and hours on foreplay, getting herself wet enough just so she can take it. i can just imagine her begging for it, with Lynch barely able to force it past the knob, and Laura moaning and squirming, demanding him to force it in deeper. she would have orgasm'd within seconds of taking the entire length, being filled and stretched right up to her cervix.. the orgasm would have been powerful, with her vaginal muscles clamping down on Lynch's throbbing monstrosity, her whole body quivering in euphoria.

Thats one of those things thats tough to understand like why was laura doing coke and prostituting her self why did leland call the girl from the flesh world magazine for a 3 way how much of what happened was a result of bob how much was their own doing i like to think leland was innocent and that it was all bob but i don't know

why is there still a general for this. It's already over and it was so so

In universe he was nothing more than a victim just like laura, metaphor-wise he represents the part of a perpetrator's personality that actually care about the victim but it's not strong enough to take control over the evil instinct he has inside. It's the opposite of "terribly misguided and confused", it's clear, simple, and pregnant, all things that lynch seems to have forgotten just to have fan with twilight zone-esque shit.
I hope you were just trying to keep the thread alive and don't really think what you posted.

to have fun*

>tfw /tpg/ is dead and will only live again when /ourguys/ die

Still at it

No, I genuinely believe it. I think Arbitrary Law is confused, and not very good. The episode tells the audience one thing but shows a VERY different things.

That metaphor you bring up, that is what Fire Walk With Me accomplished. That film, more importantly than anything, SHOWS us this nuanced characterization, we're confronted with a version of Leland that is far more unsettling than anything we ever saw on the show.

Arbitrary Law tells the audience "Maybe that's all that BOB is, the evil that men do" but they didn't actually show any of that, what they showed was a distinct split between the two, BOB was a cartoon loon, barking and screaming and other buffoonery (in that episode), and Leland is the victim, that regrets everything """he""" did and is so terribly sad and gets to meet with a happy Laura in the light.

There's literally no nuance.

>tfw you find out that dr amp was influenced by jowday
>live and electrified
>two lightning bolts in his clothing
>fearmongering people to scam them
>possibly close to blue pine mountain? where she lives
>youtube.com/watch?v=KLIIAqlGUdI
>in the vid above, his performances are exactly the same scene, indicating repetition and cyclical time associated with her

never frenlo

>why did Laura do coke

Because it’s fun and her life was terrible, it offered her the one release to get away from her life for a bit while high

>and prostitute herself

To pay for her coke addiction, but also to let her take control of her sexuality a bit. It’s common for sexual abuse victims to act out sexually to reclaim their sexuality and feel like they can control it.

On s2ep9, when does it get shitty because this show is going up and up quality wise so far

CUGE!!!!

user, I've got good news, it's about to get a whole lot better.

Now.

3rd seasons getting pretty difficult for me to watch its like a mix of really good scenes mixed with eraser head tier bullshit but im holding on glad to see the majority of the cast returned
RIP pete martell

The very next episode is god awful and skippable

>long-planned romance
With whom?

>That metaphor you bring up, that is what Fire Walk With Me accomplished.
Both accomplished it, but while FWWM was a 100% dramatic piece of work the series was a soap opera with mystery and drama elements. FWWM already had all the mystery solved before it and could completely focus more on the drama part.

>Leland is the victim, that regrets everything """he""" did
BOB was inside "him" but that "him" was Leland, that's the fact. It can have different meanings, but that's the point, that ambiguity makes the double interpretations, otherwise there would be only one interpretation. No, details enrich it but aren't essential, the point is that 2 opposite parts can live together inside the same individual, "one and the same", how those two parts exactly interact with each other is not the point itself.

>Arbitrary Law tells the audience "Maybe that's all that BOB is, the evil that men do" but they didn't actually show any of that
The series was a mystery, that has some consequences on the narrative structure and on what to show and not show.
And in any case we knew what he did to laura, we can easily understand the actual reason why he murdered the fattass, we saw what he did to Maddy, we saw how he drugged his wife, how he faked his tears, how he was ready to murder cooper golf club and enjoy it.

> BOB was a cartoon loon, barking and screaming and other buffoonery (in that episode),
He's actually pure animal instinct, pure id, something that it's really deep inside the limbic system of all us, no matter how rational we act or want to act. I'll take that over that boring and completely meaningless super cool gangsta bob-cooper every day.
And in universe he was a devil possessing a body, it was meant to be a horror-esque scene. Dunno about you but it actually worked for me very well, seeing that in a soap opera setting was pretty unsettling.

Fuck /tpg/ I thought you were dead

So what year was it at the end?

/tpg/ is not dead. /tpg/ is Dougie

>we saw what he did to...
Exactly, in the Lynch directed episode. In Arbitrary Law we saw a grossly mischaracterized version of Leland, a cartoon version of him. Nothing is disturbing about "Drive With a Dead Girl" or "Arbitrary Law" the depictions of "Leland The Bad Guy" are so outlandish that it is very hard to take seriously. It's a far cry from that "Lonely Souls" episode.

>He's actually pure animal instinct

I love how Bob is handled in the original show, but again I don't think Arbitrary Law hits the mark.

tricked ya, fucker

We go strolling together

DouGEI post cUGE SHERLS

>ywn be good friends with Sherly

DUGoGEI get kiss from SHERLL

Ray is the best character in S3.

His scenes were great.

RIP. I wonder what he's up to now in the lodge.

redpill me right fucking now,
what does this scene mean?

silly Dueo

Your brain on CUTEposting

imagine being that puppet

Gordon tripped balls before letting Albert in.

You are good people, /tpg/, and I will not soon forget your kindness

Which Gordon did you like more? Season 2 Gordon Cole, the energetic and snappy, or the older more nuanced character of season 3?

I think I may prefer him in the original, despite being a more one-dimensional character. There was just a certain magic to younger Lynch doing that voice. Not to say that Cole isn't lovable in season 3, I just think he does get somewhat bogged down by having to deliver so much of the exposition.

I figured out the Hawk scene where he goes to the black lodge entrance. He said "somethings supposed to happen here tonight" Cooper was supposed to come out, he didn't. Mike says "someones here" and then leaves the room. Hawk was there. He never saw anything so Hawk probably just left to go have some pie/coffee with log lady.

He was just a silly little cameo in season 2
In season 3 he became a central character but his shaky foundation as a character just made him a source of exposition and not much more

hahah yeah that would be funny because she’d have her arm shoved up your ass lol imagine how crazy that would be

I like them both. Although I have to say Lynch's acting was way better in The Return. I'm not really sure how it improved since he hasn't acted since FWWM afaik. But I thought he had some genuinely good line deliveries and facial expressions.

>Sometimes I worry about albert
>that sad face

;_;

So how about that ending, am I right??

It looks like they want to turn Laura into some big-shot entity imo, some anti-Judy or something entity. Man, I hate the new "lore".

Yeah, his acting improved a lot, he has so much more range in season 3.

I don't feel like there's a shaky foundation, I always felt like Gordon Cole made perfect sense in the original show, it never felt like a forced cameo, I think that character fits extraordinarily well in that universe.

The one who flirted with Shelly like a boss, of course.

With shaky foundation I meant that him being a cameo in the original series makes his role as an exposition dump and more "lore" based character in the return kinda shaky

there's not much that can top lynch lynching himself to me, though. That's some quality entertainment.

GORDON

Dude, it's Twin Peaks. People have been talking about it constantly since 1990. There will be years of discussions.

Well duh. Well done, Sherlock.

The dreamer, of course

can someone explain the ending to me please
what happen to lauran and why did copper know the time

Sleep tight Sheryl

she's bigger now

Coop fucked up and ruined reality

but he saved lara though

And in doing so, he changed the timeline so that all of the events of Twin Peaks never happened and somehow Judy made things even before the night of Laura's murder change. This means that while Coop had noble intentions, he developed a severe case of tunnel vision and ended up doing more harm than good.

at least Norma still has the RR

Tell me about Coop, why does he wear the ring?

Laura... EASY on the creamed corn...

You can see sheryl lees boobies in the movie!

To stop thots hitting on him

>tfw waiting for more Audrey scenes after the reveal

Intentionally-reversed footage of Laura with the painting coming from her house to Donna's after discovering the one behind the mask looking for the book with the pages torn out under the ceiling fan.

Means Gordon Cole is seeing through Donna's eyes because Donna exists

>I turned myself into the evolution of arm Morty. I'm DUGPA RIIIIICK
>and I sound like this *BUUUUUUURP*

lynch why

what did Catherine mean by this? Little too cerebral for me

My theory is that the credits scene wasn't a flash back. It was the next scene. He failed to stop Judy and was once again sent back to the lodge and those scenes repeated again. Is it future or is it past? They will continue to repeat until he stops Judy. The lodge spirits are just using him as a prawn. They were never really going to let him out, why would they? He knows too much about the lodge now. The whisper is probably that he's never ever going to leave the lodge.

Xhe was way ahead of xer time.

Bravo, Lynch

>ywn be in a band with hawk and james

life is suffering

instagram.com/p/BZ-vKn2AEuA/?taken-by=mua_elly_belissimova

The only sure fact is that Cooper used the fact that time is a stable thing in the lodge to time travelled and changed the past, the problem is that instead of just changing the story some things related to laura deeply changed as well, which can't be something directly done by him. The most likely hypothesis I have read so far is that Sarah-Judy fucked the things related to Laura when she destroyed Laura's picture.

time isn't* a stable thing

reviving thread with an extremely lewd Sheryl

I get such feel good vibes from a lot of the original cast members, they just seem like they're good and honest people, that also happen to really get along and be a family in their own way.

Makes me feel good inside.

Why did he die, again?