IQ is BS....past a certain point

Iq is very important until you hit about 100. After that point the affect of diminishing returns becomes an important factor. Past 110(average university student) their is almost no further benefit for having a higher IQ.

Having a gifted or advanced IQ (125+) is really only important if you plan on going into a heavily mathematical field. One where the increased pattern processing of IQ is actually helpful.

Past 110 though IQ doesn't really seem to make you more rational. It doesn't make you a better decision maker. If anything it makes you worse. How many times on here do you see someone assuming they're right because they have a higher IQ.

Other urls found in this thread:

rule34.paheal.net/post/list/Hillary_Clinton/1
polymatharchives.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-inappropriately-excluded.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

S-stop talking about IQ! It makes me insecure!

I disagree. I have a 130 IQ and people at 160 are noticeable to me. It sucks being at ~130 because you're too dumb to do advanced research, but smart enough to realize how stupid you are. Feels bad man.

are there more of those pictures?

>has IQ of 130
>makes an objection that I clearly discussed in my post
pick one

degenerate

In discrete levels IQ still matters and a lot. Going from 130 to 160 is like going from retarded to average IQ.

>It sucks being at ~130 because you're too dumb to do advanced research
under what pretences?

A few studies actually show that past 130 the benefits of higher IQ reverse.

Think of diminishing returns of IQ like money.

Going from 50k to 100k in income is big. That like going from 100 to 120 in IQ. Going from 100k to 200k is like 120-130. Even the absolute increase might have been bigger the returns diminish.

Where'd you take this test, exactly? Online?

My mind is good enough to do research, but to learn the material would take exponentially longer than if I did something like engineering or another STEM field.

Kind of disagree. Knowing people in research that have 160+ IQ there is a noticeable difference.

Progressive matrices. I took an IQ test in school and I got 135. Knowing that this is years later 130 is probably accurate since IQ does decline slightly with age. I'll see if I can find the link. If you're not taking a RPM IQ test it's probably not legit.

Bruh, Richard Feynman had an IQ of 125 and he's considered the father of quantum physics.

>Kind of disagree. Knowing people in research that have 160+ IQ there is a noticeable difference.
Did you really not read the OP. I specifically said that in terms of specific academic fields (i.e. mathematics) higher IQ can still have a noticeable difference. In most other fields though not so much.

I've never taken an IQ test so I'm never quite sure if I'm an idiot or quite smart. So I constantly rehearse dialogue in my head and research topics that may come up in conversation in case the former is proven true beyond reasonable doubt.

Feels sort of good because I'm always prepared but I'm also prone to quasi-psychotic bouts where I convince myself that I'm genuinely learning disabled and everyone is just tolerating me whilst laughing about me behind my back. Hopefully I make enough money to go full Howard Hughes before I go completely insane and lock myself away.

And this is where I'm disagreeing with you. Having a 130 IQ I can tell that it's probably beyond my scope of doing research work. However, I am an engineer and to me that discipline was moderately challenging.

I'm not saying I couldn't do research, what I'm saying is the time and effort for me to do so would be significantly higher. Just like someone with a 100 IQ could do engineering but the level of effort would be significantly higher than what I put in.

You might be really smart. If you're self analyzing you're probably already on the right side of the curve. I remember when I used to think I was an idiot because I didn't understand people, then it turns out I was above average and hence why I couldn't make a connection.

If you have to try and scale back your dialogue, humor, or anything else around an average person then you're above average. If you have difficulty understanding an average topic... well then you're probably below. Introspection isn't a sign of idiocy, so take comfort in that.

You're literally a fucking retard.

This is the type of thing you get from normies with average IQ.

It's weird trying to explain something you think should be an easy concept that blows people's minds.

Yeah I dumb myself down talking to people, just using colloquialisms etc. I've always been introspective in a critical sense, I see it as finely tuning my self awareness as opposed to self-indulgence. I was always just brought up to believe that introspection was feminine so I was ashamed of it in my teenage years.

> I remember when I used to think I was an idiot because I didn't understand people, then it turns out I was above average and hence why I couldn't make a connection.

I've got suspicions about this but I absolutely hate arrogance so I don't want to come across like a fedora. I always try to see the best in people but it's tough sometimes kek.

>le iq master race
For a dude that claims to have an IQ of 130 you have the reading skills of a kid with microencaphaly

t. salty pseudo-intellectual with an IQ of 102

>introspective
>sounding this cringey
you obviously need to introspect more.

Same, 125 IQ here

>introspection
>women doing this

good lord limey KEK quite the opposite. I do get where you're coming from though that societal norms state some things are feminine and masculine so you avoid the topic.

>don't try to come across like a fedora

Yeah, you're probably above average then. Your average fedora loves to espouse his own proclaimed intellect, but typically they are dullards. While modesty is a good personal trait, especially around normies, try to explore intellectualism that isn't superficial. It sounds like you're kind of on your way there already.

Again, you're doing introspection so you're probably ahead of ~80% of people. I hope you don't find yourself at that same peak where you find out while being quite intelligent, we're actually quite stupid. Feels bad.

Not an argument.

IQ matters. I can tell when I'm talking to someone who's smarter than me.

I'd like to have a higher IQ.

Americans are retarded and think IQ means general intelligence and not just pattern recognition skills, you could have an IQ of 200 and still be an extremely slow learner or simply extremely ignorant.

>le use obscure medical terms instead of logic meme

Ok. If you can't see that I'm trying to post a counter to the presented central point then I don't know what to tell you. Have fun with your thread.

>high IQ
>slow learner

>Americans are retarded and think IQ means general intelligence and not just pattern recognition skills

You're retarded if you think a person's general intelligence isn't related to their IQ.

Even if they know nothing, I still prefer to talk with a higher IQ person. They have more interesting perspectives.

136 here and I know exactly how those feelers feel that feel.

>I can tell when I'm talking to someone who's smarter than me.
A LOT PLAYS INTO THAT

A PRACTICED SALESMAN WITH 120 WILL APPEAR MUCH MORE INTELLIGENT THAN AN IDIOT SAVANT WITH 160

RAW IQ CAN BE A CLUSTERFUCK

IT NEEDS TRAINING, AND EVEN THEN MANY LEGITIMATE GENIUS IQS ARE SOCIAL RETARDS

i hate these circle-jerk threads. everyone uses it as excuse to post their IQ, and apparently everyone is > 95th percentile. I now prefer to use observation and income to measure a person's intelligence.

isnt IQ just realy the ability to apply learned matarial into a practical situation at different speeds?
IE higher IQs can more quickly apply diffferent bits of information to a given situation then people with lower IQs?

Things mentioned earlier apply and factor in offcourse like introspection and reasoning skills, and spacial thinking.

ITT people posting their IQs(most likely fake) because they want to signal to Anonymous online posters that they are smart. How insecure do you have to be to do this.

The comic was finished?

>isnt IQ just realy the ability to apply learned matarial into a practical situation at different speeds?
No. or the most part IQ is just testing pattern recognition and the speed at which you learn new information.

rule34.paheal.net/post/list/Hillary_Clinton/1

My IQ is 156, I'm not proud, I don't think it means jack shit desu, I'm a lazy fuck and working hard is more important than being smart.

WORKING SMART INCREASES YOUR CHANCES

BUT BEING LUCKY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT

I've noticed people around the 130 range are often pretentious Reddit-tier pseudointellectuals because they're just smart enough to notice that they possess intelligence but not smart enough to know that they aren't geniuses. If you look at higher IQs, 140-50 and up, they tend to be more humble with their intelligence. Although higher IQs tend to correlate with aspergers-like symptoms as well.

Whats the point measuring someones learning speed?

if you can read 10 books and memorize them rapidly but not be able to use the information gained from those books when needed you score lower on tests.

but if take longer to memorize those books but am able to apply the knowledge gained quicker when needed, doesnt that make me score higher at tests?

I've met people like this in real life. The ones that have 140+ are really rare. 130 is common enough where you will see a few of these people. The ones who talk about having a 130 IQ are usually those that are failures. The friends I have in real who talk about their IQ are usually the ones where having a high IQ is their only accomplishment.

132 here. I thought I was the only one. It's so fucking frustrating being ALMOST a genius. It's like I can see over the wall, but there's always another meter to climb.
On the brighter side, these 160 IQ types are mostly very autistic. Not that I'm not, but I'm sane enough for people not to notice.

People with high IQ's (above 120 or so) tend to be poor communicators.

Plus it sounds like our 130-IQ friend probably has Asperger's or something, lol

There's usually the underlying assumption that once you've learned it you are able to apply it. Which tends to hold in most cases.

this is so true.
im at 147 and i typically am really impressed with 155+ iq people

74 iq ama

I think it's selection bias. The high IQ people that are good communicators are smart enough and have enough social intelligence to realize how stupid it is to just mention your IQ. Because of this we don't notice them.

typically 150+ are god communicators

imo iq is just rate of learning and processing
considering "rational" is completely dependent on what you learned and there are a lot to learn
it's quite pointless to discuss ability to make decisions without including the other arm of intelligence - effort
a 130 iq anime-sperglord will get btfo in "rational decisions" about stock market decisions compared to a 110 iq relevant career guy; while the 130 iq guy would win if he applied himself there

I'm only 136 and I'm humble, I realize that there are not only people who are smarter than me, but experiences as well. High IQ means that you have the means to be smart, not that you are automatically smart. If you think that, the you are not actually a smart person.

The test was probably shit

Personally, even the social retards are interesting.

The smarter you are, the more likely that your perspective is novel and contains a bit of wisdom that I wouldn't have thought of before.

I was speaking in general terms and trends that I've noticed, obviously there are exceptions.

Why is that so hard to believe?

74s wouldn't be able to solve a captcha. 132 here and the people who did my test said I should go into politics or tv since I've got a godlike speaking talent.

IQ is such a sham. Its a big circle jerk of people wanking over how they have spent more time practising pattern tests and reading Dickens (to get that vocabulary) than other people.

If IQ is both important and hereditary then why have we never heard of Einsteins father or sons? Or Terence Taos father? Or the father and sons of gauss, leibniz, euler, maxwell, faraday, feynman, heisenberg, dirac, and a tonne more examples?

>High IQ means that you have the means to be smart, not that you are automatically smart.
When will normies ever get this?

HEY IDIOTS! Most IQ tests aren't accurate over 130. There is no test that can accurately give a score of 160!

Even then, IQ is only somewhat correlated with intelligence anyway.

Tl;dr bunch of jive ass turkeys in this thread.

I have a 156 IQ, I don't tell anyone outside of anonymity. Telling people just makes it look like you want recognition for something you have no control over. Pretentious as fuck.

which is an false assumption at best, I did IT courses, most of the problems at work would get googled anyway, This goes for most people in IT the basic fundamentals can be remembered or something repeated 10 times will be remembered. but reading something and making the read material ones own is something different.

Hench my initial statement learning something and the speed at which you can remember this is a better measure of IQ then just information remembered.

in holland we have the national IQ test in which X amount of questions are asked regarding different subjects in different course, maths language, spacial (foldings cubes), memory.
Each questions has a 10 sec time to be answered.

i promise you taking this test with the time limit and without will give different results. as the 10 sec time window (needed to quicken to allrdy 2 hour lasting test) will ensure mistakes are made that can be avoided if there wouldnt be a time limit

knowing that

Once you hit 140 IQ society doesn't understand you and you are working at Mcdonalds.

polymatharchives.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-inappropriately-excluded.html

I sorta agree.

Low IQ people make more natural decisions.

Many people here in Italy are dumb racists. But we all know that if you are racist you are either very dumb, or very intelligent. The "anti-racist" types are the ones that sit in the 100-120 range. The racists are either 90 or below, or above 130-140.

Pic related: nobel prize winner James Watson. Extremely smart guy. Race realist.

Give me dumb christian bigots over "enlightened" atheist nu-males any day.

>practising pattern tests and reading Dickens
>this is what sub 110 people actually tell themselves
I didn't even know what a RPM test was until I took the test and neither did I ever study for it (or anything else for that matter).

>Past 110(average university student) their is almost no further benefit for having a higher IQ.
found the brainlet

How are 160iq/genius like people, you know, in person? How are their views of the world.

As an average retard everyday life problem and politics seem like a madness show, imagine how it is for somebody with a better head.

>the test

lol. Answer the second part of my post

>If IQ is both important and hereditary then why have we never heard of Einsteins father or sons? Or Terence Taos father? Or the father and sons of gauss, leibniz, euler, maxwell, faraday, feynman, heisenberg, dirac, and a tonne more examples?

Great men in history are the cross product of a strong intellect AND a powerful drive to solve a problem AND the opportunity to pursue it.

Many stars need to line up to produce a great man.

so, how can you raise the learning skill? It seems like a good ability to improve, and sice some of you are knowledgeable in the topic, perhaps you could share some good methods.

I'm a traditionalist/authoritarian and Bismarckian Prussiaboo

I joined Mensa because I felt that I need to meet people who don't treat you a freak when you mention your IQ. I now even shy away from conversations that circle around intelligence.

No amount of IQ will make me happy.
Actually, scratch that. I would probably be a lot less depressed at 70 IQ.
inb4 >you're already 70 IQ
inb4 >brainlet detected

131 here, I know those feels.

>powerful drive to solve a problem

Yes A problem. But it can be ANY single problem. Theres not a single hint of the history books giving a shit about any of the immediate parents or children of those people.

>I now even shy away from conversations that circle around intelligence.

Just don't talk about your iq, sperg. It's a very unappealing form of bragging.

I joined when I was 12. Even then I realised how ironically stupid the whole thing is. Mensa to me is bragging rights for something I hate telling people, what's the fucking point?

The brain as an organ is so mystified in popular culture, so people attach to it supernatural traits like knowledge without information i.e. IQ = automatic intelligence.

So I'm a betting man, and I'll put my money on never.

>Yes A problem. But it can be ANY single problem

Is there a problem you're working night and day to solve?

I'm not doing that. Nobody I know is doing that.

It's rare that anyone has a drive like that.

Having a high I.Q is great, it's just that everybody thinks it's the be-all-end-all determining factor for happiness and success in life and it's not even top five.

Think of a mousetrap. There's five components that make up a mousetrap. If you take one component away, you don't then have 4/5ths of a mousetrap, you have four pieces of useless junk.

If one of the five pieces is made of solid fucking gold, you can consider that equivalent to having a high I.Q. But it doesn't matter how good any one piece is without the other four pieces being in at least working order.

Just pure I.Q. with nothing else, just raw intelligence all by itself, is pretty useless.

I'd rather have a big cock and strong jawline and be over 6'0'', that's what really matters. If you look good, people will tend to assume the best about you at all times, even ignoring direct evidence to the contrary.

Having a high I.Q. hurts you just as much as it ever helps you if not more, because nobody can really understand where you're coming from or what you're talking about but they know that you make them feel insecure and threatened, so they work to undermine you.

Try having a high I.Q. when your boss has a low I.Q. sometime. Oh joy.

The true intelligence test is how well you keep your intelligence a secret. The less people suspect it of you, the more they like you. No matter how smart or stupid they are.

This guy is 100% correct, surprisingly:
And I know this because I am that 120 salesman, and my best friend was the 160 autistic extraordinaire.

He ended up killing himself in college. Tired of being lonely, hated, misunderstood, tired of giving everybody impossibly high expectations and failing them. Tired of women, mostly.

It's just not fair to put people that smart into a society populated mostly by people with a double-digit I.Q. It's torture.

Torture for both.

Maybe society should be segregated by I.Q.

i got the new Sup Forums account dude

shiet even a retard like me knows you dont gotta do the captcha if u get the Sup Forums account

>Actually, scratch that. I would probably be a lot less depressed at 70 IQ.
A few more points would make you feel smarter huh?

I only talk about IQ when some talks about their HS sports days.

Yes yes thundercock you raped 12 women in HS and got away with it. But I launched a business and spend my vacations shitting on Instagram models.

>It sucks being at ~130 because you're too dumb to do advanced research

Bullshit, research is trying to answer the questions that don't take a genius to ask, through patient labour with a dedicated team, not sitting on your ass figuring out genius shit.
If your IQ is 130 and you can't do research, it's because you suck in your field, not because you're missing 30 points to full autism.

Like clockwork.
Why are bongoloids so easy?

I've always been 128-134. Is there a reliable online IQ test to take? I haven't taken one in a decade or so.

Just banter m8 ;)

Everyone has heard of microcephaly since Zika dickhead.

No, also IQ test doesn't change. Only way to really know is spend 300 dollars and take a comprehensive IQ test from a psychologist.

Gave a pretty good answer. Also, who are the Curies? Calling IQ "important" is obviously highly subjective in that the definition of important varies from individual to individual. Important to solving logical problems? Sure. You can bet none of these guys had an IQ of under 140.

Even then I'm pretty sure you can just guess the answers and get a high score

micro means small and cephalo means head

i m the smartest

I knew when I wrote that, that people might get that expression, but I didn't want to delve into it any deeper. I have never advertised my intelligence, heck, I had it tested when I was 25. So I never went out bragging. But people ask and I do tell if I'm asked. But that practice ended very quickly.

For me, Mensa wasn't bragging rights. I was a highly intelligent child who was ran trough run of the mill schools here in Finland. So I never made but a couple of friends. And during adulthood none. So I joined, because I wanted people who could engage me on the same level. Mind you that I joined when I was 28, got tested for IQ 25.

Even my extended family doesn't know I'm a member. I'm sure I don't know every hunting club or kennel club they belong to either.

>Only way to really know is spend 300 dollars and take a comprehensive IQ test from a psychologist.

>110
>average university student
ahahahahahahahahahahahah
I teach at the uni while getting a masters and you're an idiot if you believe this.

The top 2% of black people are smarter than me.

Try "guessing" the answers in an RPM test.

Is it lower?