Threads

What were your immediate thoughts after watching this?

Been a while, but I remember both loving it and being fucking terrified and disgusted.

It felt like a dread vision of the future. I just remember being scared and wanting to get as far away from the northern hemisphere as possible.

Makes me legit scared that this can come true any second nowadays.

"Sup Forums has shit taste I better stop listening to their Sup Forums-tier recommendations"

What was your problem with it?

why is this "character" who appeared for all of five seconds so synonymous with Threads?

Good film though. Only part I didn't get was how stealing a bread roll escalated into rape.

Kids who didn't live during the Cold War will never understand it.

Masterpiece. It is a must see if you like apocalyptic/disaster movies.

The fear of this was my childhood.
Thankfully loads of awesome stuff to compensate.

This movie made me weep and that last scene didn't help

That the apocalyptic ruins were an improvement on 1980s Sheffield. There's something about the aesthetics in Britain during the 20th century that makes it look terribly grim and depressing.

i memeber being terrified when the day after came out. Watched it with my gf (now wife) thought i would get lucky that night but i ended up holding her as she cried her eyes out. Cant even explain through words how terrified people were from it.
Im sure there were many in the UK who watched this and were just as terrified.

Kind of overdramatic

This tbqh

>"OH SHIT"

Based Brooker

"Fuck"

because the police in the post nuclear future are the instant authoritarians who will kill you over a loaf of bread

>time to put the kettle on

"Fuck."

>boy, I sure am glad that nuclear deterrence works and I don't have to worry about the possibility of total war in my lifetime

I didn't see it as rape. Maybe at first she resisted because she didn't have sex before but she got into it during the act. At least that's what I got from that.

It's also important to remember that they were both halfwit teens