Captain America: Steve Rogers #8 Storytime

>there are people on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who aren't Hailing HYDRA
How about we change that? Steve Rogers' Wild Ride continues.

How much of this is gay Cap/Zemo fanfiction at this point?

The last time I read it they were at a fucking English boarding school together.

About a third of it. Then a third is Quasar shenanigans and the last third is Captain Keikakku playing everyone like a damn fiddle.

so wait.
did Steve getting rejuvenated rewrite ALL of history, or just his memories?

If you're wondering about the Starbrand thing. Wendell accidentally ended up in the New Universe back in the 90s, and used the Starbrand to get back to 616. He then accidentally gave the starbrand to his girlfriend and didn't realise it until a bunch of super-villains showed up to get the Starbrand from her which lead to the Star Blast cosmic event of the 90s.

The Star Blast tie-in for Secret Defenders also has my single favorite Nova spread of all time. It's fucking beautiful.

We won't know for sure until we get to see Steve and Zemo talk. If Zemo also has these same memories then Kobik warped all of reality. If Zemo doesn't know what Steve is talking about then the reality warping was localized only to Steve (basically, it'd be like if 616 Steve was replaced with the Steve who experienced these flashbacks).

Either way, it's not "memories." Since all this stuff did happen to Steve thanks to Kobik. It's just a question of whether 616 itself was altered or if it was only altered from Steve's perspective.

Was Wendell as OP when he was wearing the bands? I'm not too knowledgeable on Quasar, but the new one Vaporized an entire chitauri army. That's pretty impressive.

Helmut is cute. CUTE.

Yeah. Though Wendell was probably too nice to do that.

I find it amusing that highranking members of Hydra are holding an important meeting regarding Hydra's future somewhere in the backyard of a fucking school.

Yes, Quasar was always extremely powerful. He just didn't use the full extent of his powers most of the time since he's generally a pretty nice guy and often tried to find non-violent solutions to problems.

Why are they fighting in open space without ships?

>there are edgy teenagers in the world RIGHT NOW who aren't reading Cap

Weird, don't they know their its only audience anymore?

Did she actually vaporize them? Seems more likely she transported them.

>Dr Whitehall, I'm HYDRA

What about the Japanese?

oh shit HYDRA WAR intesifies

If I pull that mask off, will he die?

kek Alpha Flight is just SHIELD in space with Carol as a more incompetent Maria Hill

Who the fuck is this guy with the same name as Wendell Vaughn?

HAIL HYDRA!

Also I guess I'll do Thunderbolts too since Thunderbolts is literally just a Steve Rogers tie-in book.

Since when can the Chitauri do this? And why do they look so different to all other Chitauri we've seen?

I'm pretty sure it was just Steve's memories. Like she rebuilt his memories of his own past while everyone else is a constant.

The same cocoons the Thunderbolts destroyed and Crystal threw a shitfit and tried to kill them?

That's what I'm assuming too, but we won't actually know for sure until someone other than Steve comments on it one way or the other.

>Steve is drawn like a stereotypical Nazi now
this shit is amazing

Yes. Thunderbolts is just a tie-in book.

>Hydra Cap BTFO'ing out of these 2 cunts

I want to read an entire trade of just that. Hail fucking Hydra.

storytime that please

>you'll be in for another war
>a... Marvel Comics presents Nick Spencer's Hydra War

>Hydra wasn't always aligned with Nazis

What? I mean, I get that this is an "alternate universe" but it's still weird.

Just like SWORD was just SHIELD in space with Agent Brand as a more incompetent Maria Hill.

Gotta love how competent and threatening Steve is as a villain.This is still one of the best books of current marvel. Shame that normies hate it because of "NOT MUH"

Zemo is showing up in Captain Falcon right now yea?

and they're about to start ramping up to Hydra War...

Zemo is showing in Thunderbolts trying to recruit a new Masters of Evil roster

I assume HYDRA was like these occult and/or fascist groups that were co-opted by the nazis.

The Chitauri have never been like this, hell they don't even really look like the Chitauri anymore.

Remember when everybody was sure Avril was Carol's next love interest?

user, Hydra was never aligned with the Nazis. After the war, a bunch of former nazis joined up with Hydra with one fo them (Baron Strucker) becoming a high ranking official, but they were never aligned and Hydra as an organization predates Nazis by thousands of years. It's an ancient organization of eastern origin that Strucker co-opted after the war.

I was going to say "it's only the MCU where was always aligned with the nazis" but even there, HYDRA predates nazis by thousands of years.

ah damn.
well still, Spencer has said that he hashed out his story with Zub so that Thunderbolts would be a part of his ongoing Cap narrative

No?

It's not weird. Hydra wasn't aligned with the Nazis until late in the war, when Baron Strucker (after a trip in Doctor Doom's time machine showed him that the Reich was doomed) made an alliance with Hydra in Japan, then took over.

Storytime when?

Sounds like ultimate cap america.

An upcoming issue will explain how he managed to fight on the side of the allies during the war, so it is quite likely that she altered all of reality.

>everything I know about HYDRA comes from Captain America: The First Avenger
This isn't the MCU, user. I bet you also think that Red Skull was associated with HYDRA since the beginning.

Spoiler Alert: Red Skull didn't become the leader of HYDRA until Spencer made him the leader after Standoff ended. He's allied with them on a handful of occasions, but Red Skull didn't actually become a member/leader of HYDRA until last year.

When Kobik modified Selvig's history into thinking he'd always been a loyal Hydra agent, the Red Skull was confused and needed Kobik to explain what happened to him even though under this new history Selvig knew the Skull.

Fun fact: Kobik is the shards of the cube that was once used to resurrect Hitler.

It's actually the shards of the cube that was once used to IMPRISON Hitler.

>after a trip in Doctor Doom's time machine showed him that the Reich was doomed
When the hell did that happen?

I remember that, but If my memory doesn't fail he didn't meet the Red Skull personally. Selvig has memories of serving under Hydra, but naturally the Red Skull wouldn't remember every soldier that has worked for the organization.

OK, let's do Thunderbolts #8. Prepare for Liefeld Jr. and MUH BUCKY.

Why not make a new thread?

Are these ancient evils we should know about already or is this new stuff?

Captain Hydra keeps delivering

Was actually going to mention that when she showed up in this storytime.

Hitler's soul was originally trapped inside the cube that would later become Kobik. Might storytime Waid's run where the cube was destroyed. The second issue of CA: Steve Rogers has a couple of the pages from the end of that run redone word-for-word/beat-for-beat.

It's the ultimate ones with new armor on. Same skin color and long ears.

why would they hold fire until they were in melee range

the whole advantage on the human side is having ranged weapons

is this literally just because carol wanted them in punching range

this seems like a really bad tactical decision

it didn't.
Red Skull could tell that Hitler was going to lose and sent Strucker to Japan to infiltrate HYDRA (happened in the long forgotten Captain Savage and his Leatherneck Raiders)

Because it's the new thunderbolts book, so it will probably reach like 20 posts before being archived.

Carol isn't known for her tactical genius. She's known for punching first and asking questions later.

Was that before or after Deadpool, Fury, and Cable murdered Hitler?

Marvel Universe by Roger Stern

It did happen.

Also because it's more "Captain America: Steve Rogers Gaiden" than it is Thunderbolts.

The Cube actually imprisoned the Hate-Monger, a clone of Hitler.

Someone tell that tripfag to do it properly next time

I love comic books

To be fair to Mach-X, the Guardsmen armors have always been fodder. I'm pretty sure even the Mach-I armor is better than them.

Wendell was too nice and polite to do something like that.

He would've taken 'em out one on one at a time with his cosmic nunchucks.

Ah, didn't realise it had already been storytimed what with it being hidden in a thread I didn't bother reading because I didn't want to be spoiled on which book he appears in. You never want to storytime a book without putting it in the OP so people can find it easily.

Which... I'm doing in this exact thread by not mentioned the thunderbolts in the OP. Oops.

>have ranged weapons
>fighting melee opponents
>wait till they close the distance to fire

ebin, just ebin