East of West storytime

it's back. the final 15-20 issues of the series begins here, year three of the apocalypse

did they change the load times for storytimes? do images not get the time cut in half here anymore?

changed it some time ago for pass shekels

fuck man that blows. i haven't posted on here in a good bit only came for the win-o's

here comes the big twist

here we go baby

flashback to where we left off in issue 27

suffice it to say, i'm okay with my least favorite character dying sooner than I expected

the end
skipping a blank white page
thoughts? you excited for the series to be back and to be in its last few arcs?

I'll be sad when the series goes as its been my favorite ongoing for the past 3 years

Thanks

Year 2 HC when?

march 2017 friendo

did you read year 2 yet or waiting for the hardcover? i'll just say for all of its setup the last 3 issues of it were totally worth it

OH FUCK YOU HICKMAN

I keep wondering why the Apocalypse is happening in this series. Where the fuck the primarycolor telletubbies come from. Why anyone should care about all of America getting together to kill itself over the prophet that we know jackshit about. What made someone think having characters moan about peasants, meat puppets, apocalypse and prophecy is all you need for a good story

I want to like East of West, but I can't anymore. At least the factions are still super fucking rad. I'd love to see a series set in them, rather than just one that tears them up. Or a vidya

To be honest dude I dropped out of my hype for East of West a long time ago. It's more atmosphere than it is a story, and the atmosphere alone isn't enough to sustain it.

i dunno I think the reason I still get into it when it comes out is the political intrigue, the slow build, the focus on character reaction to war and violence rather than war itself. it doesn't need to be an action book, it's about
(imo well-developed) characters surviving and scheming their way through the apocalypse, each with very different worldviews.

I do agree with certain criticisms of the series. its three main bad guys are boring and have done nothing, there certainly isn't a ton of forward momentum (especially for a series in its last parts), and hickman does play the long game almost too much, but I still find myself immersed in the world and characters

fuck marvel