/STD/ General - Star Trek Discovery

Return to Reality Edition

Previous Thread:
Latest Episode: The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=Qdyxwl04kXk

US Viewing: CBS All Access
Outside US: Netflix, Canada there is 2 stations airing the show.
Download: mega.nz/#!BrhgSAqA!A6hERSJLhf2Leb2JlMYxOIHLYQndgqmqv9aocitpMfk

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/star-trek-discovery-season-1-episode-4-review-the-butchers-knife-cares-not-for-the-lambs-cry-cbs-a7990501.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DIS. we all agreed

First for /STD/

New episode possible long term arcs.

Did Lorca reveal to Michael when viewing the alien in his own way that he is testing her? Does his discussion about how the federation owns the spore drive lead to him possibly founding or laying ground work for Section 31?

Ummm, it's DIS sweetie

correct title

*DIS
Shitty bait thread

FP ALWAYS BP

Nice poster, I'm going to use that for the gallery image for STD episodes on my digital media player.

>there are this many shills on Sup Forums
only marketers dislike the name /std/

>GUINAN: I look at things, I look at people, and they just don't feel right.
>PICARD: What things? What people?
>GUINAN: You. Your uniform. The Bridge.
>PICARD: What's the matter with the Bridge?
>GUINAN: It's not right.
>PICARD: It's the same Bridge. Nothing has changed.
>GUINAN: I know that. I also know it's wrong.
>PICARD: What else?
>GUINAN: Families. There should be children on this ship.
>PICARD: What? Children on the Enterprise? Guinan, we're at war.
>GUINAN: No, we're not. At least, we're not supposed to be. This is not a ship of war. This a ship of peace.

sperging autists get out, were here for discussion of the latest episode not your fantasies.

>only marketers dislike the name /std/
It makes no sense to me. STD is not only catchy it builds off of a previously existing abbreviation meaning more star power or name power in that way.

ES TE DE

BASED SONEQUE

STDFAGS BTFO

>literally shilling CBS all access
This is the power of STD.

that image is comfy as fuck and really shows how STD is updating the show from the past to the present sort of like how ENT did.

>whole thread will be shitposting about which abbreviation is correct

wonderful discussion, lads!

ST:DIS

Imagine Sup Forums sperging over Goldberg being on the Discovery.

Fix the title it's DIS

STD

I could shoop that out or maybe find an image without it but most were like dual paneled for some reason :P

CBS all access only in america, I mean i included a mega to the episode :P

>33 votes
top lel

STD
T
D

Um don't you mean DIS? That's the official abbreviation

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/star-trek-discovery-season-1-episode-4-review-the-butchers-knife-cares-not-for-the-lambs-cry-cbs-a7990501.html

STD FTW
DIS BTFO

>Imagine Sup Forums sperging over Goldberg being on the Discovery.
Honestly Guinan could make an appearance, only way I see that not happening is because she is so over weight now and too far off in physical appearance from the original character who wasnt a swimsuit model but their not supposed to age like us, so showing her aged might ruin that especially if this is the past.

FPBP

I agree

the spore drive is real there is even a character in STD named after the IRL person who invented it all.

DIS
I
S

We need to learn more about this mofo right here!

how many of his kind are there? Are they drones or slaves? Whats even going on there and where are their creators?

Yes we did, and STD is the clear winner here.

We need a copypasta of all the asinine, indefensible shit in this shitshow, I'll start:

>How did the captain leave Michael her telescope when it was on the ship in the graveyard and no one had been there in six months?

>Why did the security officer open a cage with a space tiger in it for no reason?

>Why didn't Michael Sue beam the spores in to test her theory?

>Why didnt any Klingons bring the albino a part to fix his cloaking ship in six months after many of them swore loyalty to him?

>Why did the federation leave a mining operation that supplied 40% of their dilithium almost completely undefended?

>Michael (wow m8, tranny name, unique!) "Smartest officer in Starfleet," Apparently an expert in every subject, Expert combat skills, Lectures veteran Captains about how they're wrong, raised on Vulcan but never acts Vulcan in any way or form whatsoever

There's been like a hundred other bullet points in the prior threads of how fucking stupid this show is, please keep posting them and we'll compile them all to shut down the shills.

True Trek will triumph over cynical grimdark memes.

It's STD faggots, get over it so I can go back to shitting on this terrible show.

>giant macroscopic organism that can predict danger

that guy in the cell with Lorca looks an awful lot like Cyrano Jones.

just call it /STDis/ and we will be over this shit?

Kiss me user!

All I have to say about this show is that somebody forgot to wear a condom.

>True Trek will triumph over cynical grimdark memes.
What if that is the point of the show? I noticed that Ep 4 of STD is brightly lit, and has steady camera footage nothing like the vomit inducing motion sickness fest of the first few episodes.

The show might become more watchable as it goes on we can hope!

Spore Drive fucks up and Discovery is teleported into the distant future. A six billion year old Guinan helps them get home.

S T D F T W
You bitches got blown out!!!!!!

Reminder that the biggest Star Trek forum in the world calls it DIS. STD won't stick

>hey, let's discuss this episode?
>STD!
>no, DIS!
>no, STD!
>no, DIS!
>reeeee orville better
>STD!

Between this edgy cunt and Jellico on a power trip I'd pick the latter.

It's DSC. Delete this thread now.

oh fuck bro that could work! dam would like to see that maybe when the series ends or something?

People have been saying since day 1 that the ship on STD can actually transform and is a time machine, the spore drive might fit into that more.

My STD nigga

WE DEMAND NIPPLE DRIVE WEBM

Dear DIS shills, it's STD, the showrunners brought this on themselves when they made the main plot device a fungus.

stop posting user, give it a rest and let the fans enjoy discussing the show not you sperging out for more (you)'s

Also the Star Trek wiki. Sorry STDsweeties you're on the wrong side of history

>largest ST forum in the world
>116 votes cast over a shitty show no one likes

Wow m8, good observation.

Yropoor here, I'm just about to watch it, but did anyone notice the problem with the sound on the last episode? Some of the dialogue was just mumbling to me and I have perfect hearing and was listening through expensive headphones. This production just seems so flawed in so many ways...

This show is called STD because it's shitty and I hate it. Kind of like herpes. You fags don't get to name your general, because I dislike this show, and will keep coming and shitposting regardless of the title.

S T D

I think that is the point, I agree with you. I think Lorca to a point is supposed to be unlikable which is why he picked out michael to join the crew.

116 votes in 5 minutes

It's literally DSC

maybe that was an encoding issue? The klingon I think they got rid of their language mostly because it doesnt really fit the show since this show is rewriting everything anyone thought they knew about Trek.

>/dis/aster
>/dis/grace
>/dis/abled
>/dis/gusting
>/dis/picable

I actually prefer /dis/ because it says more about this show than /std/ ever could

thats a shuttle user.

They have millions to throw on the show per episode, I'm pretty fucking sure digitally removing 40 kilograms and some wrinkles would be no biggie.

I'll give you the biggerest (YOU)

ignore DIS trolls
dont reply to DIS trolls

enjoy friendly discussion and get comfy :D

W E
W U Z
S T D

Show the results up to date then you fucking faggot.

>how did the crew know after jumping away from the battle that the enemy had even been destroyed?

Why do you get triggered when people call it /DIS/ then?

ST:DINDU

>They have millions to throw on the show per episode,
That is true, right now each episode is estimated to cost about 8.1m for STD more than any trek show in history which shows how popular the show is many critics are saying and why everyone wants to tune in and see what the buzz is all about.

STD tho?
Yeah, STD.

Posted in /orville/. You know they don't count

Was constant bitchfacefu the dumbest character to ever grace Star Trek?

If its the future the fat could work, is she that wrinkled? Im sure they can do the same miracle makeup as the view where they blast them with light and ten lbs of makeup to make all those hags look younger cause that does work.

DISease (Sexually Transmitted)

I want to kiss this alien.

yes, a discovery shuttle
showing how they canonically abbreviate discovery

It's literally NCC-1701-D

Its been STD for awhile and as many say it fits the show having a spore drive and is just easier to use in convo when talking IRL about the show.

I still won't like him even after the inevitable muh 'nam PTSD flashback, actually I'd prefer if they just kept him a cunt without an obvious reason

Jellico was professional and by the book. Lorca the edgy cunt, is the "toxic masculinity" character, which is also why he's straight and white. DIS shills want us to relate to Lorca because this is the asshole of the internet and they think that once Lorca eventually gets BTFO by stronk black queen that this will put us in our place and teach us a valuable lesson and make the world less racist or something.

no they werent you liar.

>feminazis complaining on twitter about three strong womyn (RIP Daft Punk-chan) dying in the first 4 episodes

>The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry
THINGS THAT I LIKED
- Episode name is interesting
- The Ripper and its connection with the spore drive was interesting, it's obviously leading into a moral problem for the next episode
- The bit between Burnham and Saru was good
- Landry's death was a bit of a surprise for me. I thought they were done killing off characters after the pilot but apparently not, and I felt the actions that led to her death were in-character for her
- Them sporing out and letting the Klingons kill themselves was a good bit

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE
- The Klingon stuff just wasn't that interesting this episode
- The whole "we gotta save the mine" quest was kind of dumb and lazy even if it was just kind of there to set up the actual story and give the characters a purpose to do the things they do
- Landry's death probably would have been more meaningful if we actually got to know her (in fact, the only character we've really gotten to know is Michael Burnham, although I give this somewhat of a pass since we're only four episodes in and this is only the second episode for a lot of characters)
- The Elon Musk namedrop was dumb (this is a minor nitpick)

On a final note, the next episode's teaser looked really interesting and made this episode look pretty dumb in comparison. That's kind of a good and bad thing so not really sure where to put that in my lists. Give me a reply letting me know if that should be under good things or bad things.

>Why didn't Michael Sue beam the spores in to test her theory?
Star Trek 101, you can't beam through shields.

Speaking of, anyone notice Discovery has the registration NCC-1031

Section 31 possibly? Wasnt that discussed in VOY when it was formed or the time period at least I dont think they say exactly.

>anyone who watches the orville can't have an opinion on this show

Lol at you faggots. Actually watching this garbage.
STD isn't something you should want.

>Hey guys did you watch STD last night

No one would say this irl

she makes pakled look like geniuses

>male klingon drops his gagh

Screencaps or it didn't happen.

Formerly C's

lol, that seems to be def what their doing. I think it might be an act though for later when he takes the ship literally from star fleet to travel through time thus section 31 maybe and his choice for michael who is an expert at mutiny and going against the federation?

>grasping at straws

>- Episode name is interesting
really for a trek episode or you mean in general? Seems a bit wordy to me.