Doctor Who General - /who/

the taint edition

previously on /who/:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1zziCoMr7Ii8J5r4DxupelULQvwZWvT1KAelSK8u963A/edit?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxM7FmqB0mRjeW44aXlLS1hHM2M?usp=sharing
imgur.com/a/nPZ9g
youtu.be/iiY6_ttvNmc?t=277
youtube.com/watch?v=Lxyz-EYh-M8
rexfeatures.com/livefeed/2017/10/09/'heisenberg:_the_uncertainty_principle'_play_opening_night,_arrivals,_london?
strawpoll.me/14114523
epicmafia.com/game/6235899?password=89bbe0233174f2ae8262047c599b964c7fb795f2
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Twinkanon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for a pretty comfy villain

Just finished this

forgot to link ffs

>Starring Nicholas Briggs as Doctor Who, Rose Tyler, Sherlock Holmes, Frankenstein's Monster, Rick Yates, the Daleks, the Cybermen, the Judoon, the Ice Warriors, the Zygons, the Nestene Consciousness, the Jagrafess... and Nicky the Kid!

Pretty good. Have you thought of drawing the sixth doctor?

Need some brainstorming help over at the mafia doc:

docs.google.com/document/d/1zziCoMr7Ii8J5r4DxupelULQvwZWvT1KAelSK8u963A/edit?usp=sharing

Scroll to the bottom, open up the chat, and give suggestions!

>I don't understand why we have to sacrifice two whole episodes to achieve this.
Do the maths m8. Losing episodes is the only way to get longer episodes with similar time/budget allocations (and Chib was never magically going to get those increased). 10x60min works out to the same number of minutes as about 13.3x45min.

I won't comment on the actual doc, I'll put it here.

All of these are absolutely fine - I was about to suggest the GI but you'd already written it out.

Remove Cassandra/Ood/Judoon

what is mafia?

Read the google doc, user: Explains all you need to know, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

It's cosa nostra

For those of you not in the google doc, this is what we have so far. We need only one more, so if you're not already in the chat and have an excellent suggestion of some sort, please do let me know.

Was this the most JUST haircut in Classic Who?

Any one up for any 5 in stream tomorrow???
Still attempting to go through his run

Where are you currently?

Leela armpit or Susan feet ?

I'm bouncing about really, going through what people have said are his best.
Watched his first few serials, The Five Doctors, listened to the Fifth Doctor Boxset.
Open to any suggestions too

susan

Warriors of the Deep is disliked by many but I really like it - Resurrection is pretty good too but pretty brutal.

Not so much a JUSTcut as a plain old receding hairline.

I've heard Resurrection is quite good.
Haven't heard much about Warriors but I'll give it a go

But his hair was like this in the previous story!

What's up, /who/?

>Wew lad, I'm invested more in this story emotionally than most RTD episodes.

Thanks, Lym. I actually appreciate that a lot.

So, Warriors tomorrow?

>What's up, /who/?
We're voting on important matters, we would like your input.

Go here in the chat:

I consider the Silurians and the red spider people creating Earth and the Moon being an egg to be non canon. Just retarded.

Stop bullying 5, ok?

>President Rassilon, I'm Peter.

Yeah sureeee

Did anyone else think it was really hot when Dalek Sec enveloped that guy?

Adam
A companion true

LADS -- rec a good classic who story to watch in the tub with a lager please?
thanks

Spearhead from Space

The War Games - have fun developing the 21st century equivalent of Trenchfoot

>he still watches the show after 2009
wew

Is this your fetish?

Begone pleb

I rewatched that recently and I was genuinely startled by that massive dalek appendage that pops out to absorb him, I expected it to be something dignified and non CGI like a machine.

Here's a Thirteen.

Alright, /who/, after much deliberation: the final mafia deck.

Now, we need to make icons, so anyone that's good at that, please do so. Ideally, make them 100x100 and easily identifiable at small sizes. If you suck at making things, feel free to provide images for others to use.

You can link them in an imgur gallery, post them here, or add them to this google drive:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxM7FmqB0mRjeW44aXlLS1hHM2M?usp=sharing

Some previously created icons for reference (thank you based lym):
imgur.com/a/nPZ9g

Capaldi was fired for THIS?

Capaldi wasn't fired, dumbass

>Whittaker will be attending Journeyman's premiere on Thursday evening

What's the probability of the DWSR goons bugging her for autographs and selfies?

>He unironically watches pre-2010 doctor who

I mean, if fart jokes and jesus imagery are your thing

>Interview a month before his departure announcement: youtu.be/iiY6_ttvNmc?t=277 (4:37)
>Whittaker was auditioning before his departure announcement
>rumours that Chibnall only offered him a few more episodes à la Colin

He was pushed out.

Speaking of fart jokes:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lxyz-EYh-M8

Haven't been on /who/ all day and saw there were 2 whole threads, what'd I miss?

announcement =/= decision

Shipping

did they admit it yet

I don't think either of you know what shipping actually means

Paul McGann looking lovely at the Heisenberg: The Uncertainty Principle opening night. rexfeatures.com/livefeed/2017/10/09/'heisenberg:_the_uncertainty_principle'_play_opening_night,_arrivals,_london?

Please come back to the stage soon Paul, you're far too talented for Holby City :-(.

still just coyly flirting

SERIES 11 SPOILER

>It's a Troughton episode

I hate you.

*weeps*

>GOD ISNT REAL ROSE

I love you though Lym
I'm only saying that because I just started season 3 and am reeing at all the lost episodes

sauce?

>*BRAAAP* SHE'S NOT REAL, RORY

Put your trip back on, edge

>you're still posting this thing

Please stop this

>you're still complaining about it

Please stop this

All done, just need to make the deck now. Shouldn't take long!

Doctor Who is in a state of temporal flux.

I'm currently 587 episodes into this show. When does it start getting good?

>there are people who say that the series went downhill with Capaldi and that Series 9 was the final straw.

I find myself disliking them for this.

What do?

Pic related.

They can't help having bad taste. Just never talk Who with them.

>pic related

Need to decide on a naming convention for the Doctors in mafia, pls vote:
strawpoll.me/14114523

Can you stop being so damn polite please? You keep pushing this Mafia game onto everyone, whilst I want to play Town of Salem with everyone. You've convinced everyone to side with you against me and nobody wants to play ToS now and it makes me angry, and I want to blame you for it, but every time you've refuted or argued against my insistence that we at least try ToS you've been so sickeningly polite and gracious about the whole thing that I feel bad for even arguing against you, let alone trying to be a dick about your game.

Quit being so hecking damn it.

If you want to play that set it up.

People won't come though because we're playing Mafia.

It's like trying to give them ice cream when they are already eating chocolate.

Just wait till we get bored of Mafia.

I'm... sorry, I think? I just don't want to be rude, and I know your heart's in the right place even if the situation upsets you. Also, Mafia is an entirely optional thing, so if people don't want to play it, I certainly won't force them.

We can try play ToS one night, if you'd like. I don't want you to feel left out. This is a /who/ community thing, after all. And it's okay, you can be a dick if you want, I understand your frustrations. I'm sorry for not being rude to you.

Gah, stop it! You're making it worse, I'm crumbling under your delta wave of kindness and tolerance!

>I don't want you to feel left out

It's so fucked up that someone saying that to me makes me feel odd, because I've heard it so few times in my life that I could probably count all the times I have on one had.

Just call me an asshole or something, please!

I like the Mafia thing. And I like you being polite.

If you want ToS, then set it up. There's no need to be angry, or get angry. What is Tower of Salem?

Or, if you need someone to be angry at, I'll be the sacrificial lamb: FUCKOFFERINO! :)

>FUCKOFFERINO!

It sounds so wrong coming from you Immigrant you're too nice and not ironic enough

It's okay user, I feel the same. She even encourages me to jesspost because it legitimately makes me really happy

Doctor Who is dead.

What is dead may never die.

>It's so fucked up that someone saying that to me makes me feel odd, because I've heard it so few times in my life

Have a good day, and I hope more people say good things to you. Maybe once /who/ gets used to Mafia, they'll eventually move onto ToS.

>Just call me an asshole or something, please!

If you insist:

> I bet you like Donna.

>Only plebs like 9

>It sounds so wrong coming from you Immigrant you're too nice and not ironic enough

>too nice

Now I feel like I'm too corny.

Whenever I'd get annoyed with my sister she'd tease me because I could never get angry.
/who/ dnd when?

>bernice summerfield is in a twelfth doctor novel but christopher eccleston still won't reprise his role

Well, yeah, you kinda are

>Well, yeah, you kinda are

:(

>because I could never get angry.

Well, it's not a good thing to not let yourself get angry. Suppressing anger is bad. But it takes a lot to actually piss me off, and even then I prefer to not be too aggressive.

>/who/ dnd when

Not sure where we would host it.

>Jenny, the Doctor's Daughter, gets audios before Eccleston did

Mafia deck is finally, finally done. Sorry it took so long, everyone. I'm setting up a game now!

No, user. You haven't done anything to deserve being called an asshole. And I speak the truth, I really don't want you—or anyone, in fact—to feel left out. I'm sorry if I've contributed to you feeling bad, with all this Mafia stuff. If you ever want to give the game another try, you're always welcome to join.

>I like the Mafia thing. And I like you being polite.

why is the Dalek upside down?

For dnd, Roll20 is an online system that has most things and then a discord for the chat.

>and then a discord for the chat

>and then a discord for the chat

You almost got us, Twink.

/who/ mafia: it's about time edition

epicmafia.com/game/6235899?password=89bbe0233174f2ae8262047c599b964c7fb795f2

Only eight spots, so it's first come, first serve. Everyone's welcome, but read the link if you're new: you're actually going to make me cry

Roll20 has one built in but it's not very good.

Skype is too much hassle for setting up disposable accounts.

What does twink mean?

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Twinkanon

An outside-/who/ chat is not a very good idea.

My tooth is in agony lads, I think my wisdom teeth might be impacted, that or a horrific cavity

Either way I can't afford a dentist and I don't have dental insurance so I'm fucked

I can't keep living like this ugh it hurts so bad

I'm not him.

You do need a voice to play dnd. No way around that.

Have you got any pliers?