Why does Luke just let Vader slice his hand off?

Why does Luke just let Vader slice his hand off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tEeAjy-05OI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tree of liberty/blood of patriots etc

luke’s a masochist and the pain is his kink

It's a classic parry six from fencing, very effective

He'd read about the hand-loss motif on reddit before fighting Vader

Flesh of the servant, willingly sacrificed, you will revive your master etc.

He trusted his pop pop.

Actually, in the few seconds before this, Luke starts to lose his balance and reaches for the railing with his left hand. Which ironically causes him to be distracted. The one time someone actually uses the security railing in Star Wars and they get maimed..

Why is he screaming in pain if his hand isn't even there to feel the pain?

He’s screaming at the realization of losing his fapping hand.

If you understood the subtext of this fight you would see that Vader is pretty much toying with Luke the entire time and as soon as Luke actually lands a blow on Vader, Vader immediately cuts off Luke's hand because fun-time was over. However, Vader's initial plan for Luke to be scared shitless of him didn't exactly work so now Vader is appealing to Luke's humanity by revealing that he is actually Luke's father. As for Luke holding his hand out, he only does it for long enough to regain his balance and Vader jumps at the opportunity to disarm him. It's one of the few times where a character loses a lightsaber fight in a believable way.

This makes me self concious about my tiny wrists.

He's a reckless jedi wannabe without proper training. He's losing, he's running away, he's emotionally unstable and loses focus easily.
Vader isn't even trying hard and he's completely overpowering him.

Because he knows that from now on, every night, he'll still be able to feel his hand - his fingers. The body and the comrades he's lost won't stop hurting, it' ll be like they're sitll there. You feel it, too, don’t you?

He tried to feint to the left but Vader (dutch for 'father') had the high ground

Even if your hand was cutting off painlessly, the realization that your fucking hand is gone must be pretty traumatizing. Not to mention you'd still feel the singeing and the momentum

He'd heard about the awesome robot arms the Rebellion can hook you up with, but as he was broke he needed insurance to cover it and a work related accidents were covered

I'm not George Lucas or anything, but I'm thinking Vader took him by surprise. I rewatched the scene 27 times and that's what it seems to be conveying. But again, I'm not George Lucas - maybe we can ask him if he ever does a reddit AMA :) cheers friend - Tommy

Why does Anakin just let Dooku slice his hand off?

why was dooku's saber shaped like a dildo?

I haven't watched the new Star wars since I saw it in theaters, how did his """daughter""" find this light saber, and was his hand still attached to it

This part was actually dumb. Anakin holds his arm out like an idiot. (which unfortunately is entirely within character for him)

If you have to ask youre not a real fan

>not watching all season of TCW
>not enjoying all 26 episodes of the "Anal-Saber" arc

Pleb

Why does Vader just let Luke slice his hand off?

Vader is not attacking anymore after mentioning Leia. He's being overpowered by Luke's anger. Complete 180° from Bespin. Roles have been turned, and Sheev is loving it.

OW! WHY'D YOU SLICE OFF MY HAND?

Vader already lost all his limbs. They are disposable.

He got hit in the shoulder before that.

Why does Mace just let Anakin slice his hand off?

Because he lost his jacking off hand.

This fight is terrible. Before this Vader takes a knee for no reason (I guess he got sleepy).

Go let someone cut your hand off and then get back to us.

Why all the hands?

I love how Luke’s faggy ass almost ruins the movie by having the last line of the movie be his whiny “ow!”

The same goes for the Kylo and Finn fight, but people lose their minds..

AAAAAH ANAKIN HELP ME!

>Luke has his saber swung back and is very near to vader totally open to attack

But what do you mean "this" fight? They're all terrible in terms of realism.

I lose my mind when I see Rey absolutely destroy him without trying

>all the nerves and pain receptors in the human body are all located in the hand and nowhere else
What the fuck

The fight between Kylo and Finn isn't even really toying. Finn goes at Kylo with a powerful slash and then Kylo pushes his ass back and back and back before finally finishing his ass. The entire thing was done as a surprise because the red herring was that maybe Finn was going to be the main hero (although it was pretty fucking apparent that Rey was since muh-feminism)

I just took it as Vader giving up because he can’t actually bring himself to hurt his son anymore.

I didn't know people had a problem with the Kylo Finn fight. The only major complaint I see over and over is Rey. That includes her fighting against Kylo and winning. Finn was trained in many different types of weapons, Kylo was toying with him, and he still got his ass fucked.

Rey is a desert scavenger with no training that we know of that beats a former jedi trained by Luke fucking Skywalker.

I can't even argue against this because vader's motivations from TESB to ROTJ change so much for no reason other than GL's laziness.

Disney Luke probably isn't that strong.

It is imperative that you understand

Luke was never all that. I guess the old novels tried to make him some badass to make up for the fact that, outside of destroying the Death Star, he always gets his ass handed to him and loses. He can’t even claim his win against his weakened dad since he would have died if Vader didn’t kill the Emperor. He’s a bit of a fuck up.

youtu.be/tEeAjy-05OI

Was it kino?

I guess that could be a possibility since we don't know much about what he did in between the movies.

>because vader's motivations from TESB to ROTJ change so much

huh?

He wants Luke to join him and defect from the Emperor in ESB and then is determined to his own fate and letting the Emperor have Luke. It’s strange.

it's not the point. He defeats the emperor not because he is powerful, but because of his compassion and love for his father. This was explicit in the EU and to a lesser degree in the movies. I can't wait to see disney shit over all of it

.... I never realized that was the last line.