/DIS/ Star Trek Discovery general

Hyper-Cube edition
Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4t0wVyNC3CA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where is the picture like this one but for the episode 4 ?

Proper thread.

it is st:dis like st:voy

stop spamming the board with fake threads.

I think the guy that does them said he was going to do it this evening.

>The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry
THINGS THAT I LIKED
- Episode name is interesting
- The Ripper and its connection with the spore drive was interesting, it's obviously leading into a moral problem for the next episode
- The bit between Burnham and Saru was good
- Landry's death was a bit of a surprise for me. I thought they were done killing off characters after the pilot but apparently not, and I felt the actions that led to her death were in-character for her
- Them sporing out and letting the Klingons kill themselves was a good bit

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE
- The Klingon stuff just wasn't that interesting this episode
- The whole "we gotta save the mine" quest was kind of dumb and lazy even if it was just kind of there to set up the actual story and give the characters a purpose to do the things they do
- Landry's death probably would have been more meaningful if we actually got to know her (in fact, the only character we've really gotten to know is Michael Burnham, although I give this somewhat of a pass since we're only four episodes in and this is only the second episode for a lot of characters)
- The Elon Musk namedrop was dumb (this is a minor nitpick)

On a final note, the next episode's teaser looked really interesting and made this episode look pretty dumb in comparison. That's kind of a good and bad thing so not really sure where to put that in my lists. Give me a reply letting me know if that should be under good things or bad things.

That would be the faggot who made the other thread about half an hour too early

He said he might create one later

Next episode looks good.
This one was meh, not as good as 3, but better than the pilot.

youtu.be/4t0wVyNC3CA

Why did so many people hate ep4? I liked it more than the other episodes

Klingons eat human.

>They eaten Captain Georgiou

This new canon makes Klingons terrifying.

Saru's fault for transporting Michael back so early

apparently humans taste like klingonian chickens

Is that Rainn Wilson?

>some Klingon literally ate her ass

already a more active thread here

I'm not buying the section 31 theories. They seem really contrived.

Yeah.
Thread was half bumped by the time the old one went down. You people just want to shitpost.

Huh.

So B'Elanna Torres' mother allowed herself to be penetrated and impregnated by a food species. That's pretty /DIS/gusting.

>implying the shitposting wouldn't happen here anyway

>Backlinks to a thread that died 12 hours ago

That OP is clearly autistic. I don't want to post in his thread

>- The Elon Musk namedrop was dumb
But user, Elon Musk is gonna bring us into the new age :^)

>you will never be this anally assaulted

it's STD, you want DIS go to reddit

We've gotten to know Saru too

>Landry's death probably would have been more meaningful if we actually got to know her
Yeah, I couldn't give a fuck about her dying. all she did was act like a bitch for about 1.5 episodes then croak.

Then, what are the black badges ?

>reddit
Have an updoot, newfriend.

The ships number ends in 31 and there are black badges nobody has seen before.

We need a copypasta of all the asinine, indefensible shit in this shitshow, I'll start:

>Starfleet captain uses technology he knows will put his crew in extreme danger

>Starfleet captain magically knows that a giant spacemite contains the solution to all his problems

>Starfleet uses obviously insecure security system

>How did the captain leave Michael her telescope when it was on the ship in the graveyard and no one had been there in six months?

>Why did the security officer open a cage with a space tiger in it for no reason?

>Why didn't Michael Sue beam the spores in to test her theory?

>Why didnt any Klingons bring the albino a part to fix his cloaking ship in six months after many of them swore loyalty to him?

>Why did the federation leave a mining operation that supplied 40% of their dilithium almost completely undefended?

>How did the crew know after jumping away from the battle that the enemy had even been destroyed?

>Shall we provide medical assistance to the decimated colony captain?
>fuck it, I want to try out my new warp toy more

>Michael (wow m8, tranny name, unique!) "Smartest officer in Starfleet," Apparently an expert in every subject, Expert combat skills, Lectures veteran Captains about how they're wrong, raised on Vulcan but never acts Vulcan in any way or form whatsoever

There's been like a hundred other bullet points in the prior threads of how fucking stupid this show is, please keep posting them and we'll compile them all to shut down the shills.

I don't think we were supposed to care about Landry

dude just turn your brain off and enjoy the show, it is what trek is all about after all!

I actually liked the Klingons.
Voq obviously will be made into major character.
I also think its possible that he will bring peace to Federation eventually.
He will be that archetype hero that "makes a journey".

>Senpai notice me!

I like this idea, but lose the reddit-spacing.

All of the above was debunked several times.

+ Only Section 31 can override direct orders and the judgment of a court-martial.

Which characters are we supposed to care about? The character development in this show is terrible

How many references to other Trek series have there been? I know the spore drive is a reference to a TOS episode, but I forgot which one.

What are your thoughts on the Lorca=Garth of Izar theory? Would the show jump the shark if it's true?

WHY IS EVERYONE A CUNT ON THIS SHOW

FUCKING EVERYONE

EVEN THE "NICE" CHARACTER IS JUST A FUCKING RETARD

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Saru, Captain Gabriel Lorca, L'Rell (the female Klingon) and Voq (the albinos Klingon)

I think they already mentioned something about "spore space".
I think it will be fluidic space

It's called being a normal human being, user. People are not "nice" in the real world, and modern storytelling reflects that.

This show can't jump the shark, because it's been ridiculous since the inception. Just enjoy the Trek fanservice and CGI. Maybe the social commentary won't be totally insipid. That's all I can hope at this point.

Maybe in hollywood everyone is a cynical cunt but I'm surrounded by lovely people every day

Shhhh

This thread is comfy.

we are on the precipice, either it becomes STD and joins the kino treks TOS, TNG & DS9, or wallows with VOY & ENT, the trash treks

>The Elon Musk namedrop was dumb
Yup. It's like mentioning Steve Jobs instead of Alan Turing when talking about computers. They should've said Werhner von Braun.

People are piss everywhere.

Autismo redhead is nice and the gay guy is not as much of an asshole towards Vulcan Sue anymore so that's some progress.

It's a facade. A persona. On the inside, they're all bitter.

That's where you're wrong
It's Star Trek
You're supposed to turn your brain on

that's because you project your misery onto others because you live an unhappy life

Either that or you live in america where everyone really is awful

Do you guys mind if I roleplay an argument with myself for 30 posts?

reeee its not supposed to be /STD/ its /DIS/ reeee memory alpha told me so reeee there are too many shitposters, CBS save me! you didnt have me sign up to promote the show to this many shitposters!

STD is here to stay.

please dont make thread generals only to start name flame wars, their pointless, just make a separate topic to debate it if you want.

I don't turn on the tv to see "real" people
I want to be entertained you fuck
Not depressed even more

Pretty sure that guy was being sarcastic. That said, 60% of Star Trek is banal. Campy and fun? Yes. Still a good watch? Yes. Terribly intellectually stimulating? At its best times maybe, but mostly it's just a fun campy space journey.

>lovely people every day

Then, they are false. You can't be surrounded by happy people in a world so crual.

ITT autists who cant handle that we like the name STD and have been using it since before the fucking generals existed.

>Starfleet captain uses technology he knows will put his crew in extreme danger
it's part of his character traits that he values his mission more than his crew
>Starfleet captain magically knows that a giant spacemite contains the solution to all his problems
he doesn't he just wants to figure out how to make it into a weapon or at least figure out why phasers and bat'leths have no effect on it
>Starfleet uses obviously insecure security system
he wanted michael to know what was in the room so he could convince her to join his mission
>How did the captain leave Michael her telescope when it was on the ship in the graveyard and no one had been there in six months?
fair point
>Why did the security officer open a cage with a space tiger in it for no reason?
fair point
>Why didn't Michael Sue beam the spores in to test her theory?
because Lorcas only wanted to use it as a weapon and would've denied her request to beam it in
>Why didnt any Klingons bring the albino a part to fix his cloaking ship in six months after many of them swore loyalty to him?
none of the houses liked the cult and the one that did go to the ship just wanted the cloaking tech
>Why did the federation leave a mining operation that supplied 40% of their dilithium almost completely undefended?
they didn't, the defense was decimated when discovery arrived
>How did the crew know after jumping away from the battle that the enemy had even been destroyed?
they knew how many ships were present and lured them in to kill all of them off in one move
>Shall we provide medical assistance to the decimated colony captain?
>fuck it, I want to try out my new warp toy more
they're on a super secret mission
>Michael (wow m8, tranny name, unique!) "Smartest officer in Starfleet," Apparently an expert in every subject, Expert combat skills, Lectures veteran Captains about how they're wrong, raised on Vulcan but never acts Vulcan in any way or form whatsoever
the name is just something fuller likes to do

No
It's not fun
Nor is it funny

Tardigrade nipple clamp rule 34 when?

why was the space mite in pain?

Agreed. These threads are much better when

>I want to be entertained you fuck
You're not entitled to "entertainment". The media does not exist to amuse you.

>waaaaa
Go bitch about it somewhere else, this thread is comfy.

You know, at least they didn't say Bill Nye.

Yeah, a little. I'd like a little more, though.

True, I don't think they were aiming for anyone to care that she died beyond sending the message that the characters aren't "safe" and they aren't done killing them now that we're out of the pilot.

I like the Klingons as characters, Voq and L'Rell are interesting, but their story in this episode was just kind of lackluster and boring. It does put them in an interesting spot, and I'm interested in where it goes from here, but in this episode, the Klingon bits were just the least interesting part.

No, there was apologism.

You can come up with reasons post hoc, but none appear in the show, or if they do, they are not sufficiently presented.

STD fags are seething lol

Say it with me now:

STD

STD

STD

as much as you hate it we love it and the show so the name works.

>I don't turn on the tv to see "real" people
Just watch anime then.

Even with all the retardedness, BLACK ALERT is still cool.

I like the computer's voice overall.

because it knows its on a terrible show

Ok, so this pic proves that only people who hate star trek call it STD.

How is it a positive that they made Saru a disrespecting cunt? He was the most pleasant character by far in this shitshow.

Do you mean STD?

Ignore their bait bro

Nope

you must be new to scifi we shit on the things we love most user or didnt you know, that is how we roll we argue its why we love scifi and discuss it endlessly in minutia and why STD became so popular.

>clamp
those are needles

That's because you don't leave you mom's house. My family is nice too.

STD has already gone viral.

>who I picture saying Black Alert

Its so funny to spam contrarian threads to mine Sup Forums for r/Sup Forums upvotes.

it would be nice if they actually showed normal Starfleet Intelligence instead of having to have any secret shit be Section 31.

also the ship number being 1031 is because Bryan Fuller's favorite holiday is Halloween. having it be a reference to the ultra-secret spies with no morals who nobody is supposed to even know exist would be about as silly as an admiral having a model of a top secret warship on his desk and straight-up telling people who don't know about Section 31 about it.

thanks for using the wrong subject when its STD

dead thread is dead except name spammers. eff this ill wait for the next real thread so we can go back to discussing the show.

OP is why we cant have nice things!!!!

>Then, what are the black badges ?
So a random prisoner who is a nobody and only in prison for killing 3 Andorians doesn't recognize a starfleet badge and you just assume he has ultimate knowledge of starfleet and his not knowing about the badge surmounts to some very shady black ops shit?

Will they ever show footpussy again

Does Sup Forums really think the security officer did anything wrong?

>B-But she got killed :^

I love the grid meme, it's always done by stupid people that think they know about cinematography and use the workd "kino"

Hi I saw DIS and im here for the Disney thread.

bestialism?

nice

>fair point
Alright, so in the second episode, Georgiou prepared to go off on a suicide mission. So she packed the telescope in the box (with a message already pre-recorded) and made the preparations to have it delivered to Michael. Then she and Michael decide to go together, but because there's a chance she'd die, and because they're busy, she doesn't cancel the order. Plus it takes forever to reach Michael.

>fair point
Because she was desperate to figure out how to weaponize it and on a time limit to save the miners. Also, the weapons she grabbed were set up in a previous scene as "some of the deadliest" so she was probably feeling like, if anything could take it out, those weapons would.

>space tardigrade nipples
that weird boner

>it's not squeezing, it's actual penetration
For rule34 purposes that's even better.