Ok so Civil War II further proves that comic Carol is shit. That said, how can MCU movie Carol salvage the character...

Ok so Civil War II further proves that comic Carol is shit. That said, how can MCU movie Carol salvage the character? What do you expect/want to see? Should Jess be in it as a supporting character?

KA MA LA

KA MA LA

>Should Jess be in it as a supporting character?
Stop memeing this shit.

Never going to happen
>Carol has had a long standing friendship with Spider Woman in Marvel Comics
How is that a meme?

Setting up Moonstone for Thunderbolts.

Kamala will be in New Warriors

kamala and peter

Carol thread!

Carol was right and Tony deserved to die. Yaas, Queen!

I can see Scarlet Witch filling that role in the MCU. Normies couldn't give a fuck about Spider-woman, but they're used to best Olsen and Scarlet Witch is the only other prominent superheroine in the MCU (BW doesn't count because she's not super and lol Netflix/AoS).

Also once upon a time SW was Carol's best beau.

I could see Spider Woman being Black Widow's replacement later on. Just a wall crawling agent who doesnt need wrist tasers. She has a good dynamic with Carol

>Empress
Does she know?

>how can MCU movie Carol salvage the character?

she is gonna be female superman given her powers and the overall ton of the MCU.

Sup Forums, does she have a waifu potential?

I would have loved Katheryn Winnick instead, but i still love the choice.

And which actress to play Jess? (a normie Jess, the Patsie way)

>ok so

Im expecting binary/full super sayian
>Waifu material
She would (did) if it wasnt for that stupid haircut shes had lately
THATS A STRETCH AND YOU KNOW IT QUESO!

>That said, how can MCU movie Carol salvage the character?

They'll make her snarky and quippy and stronger than all the men.

That's literally it.

>that stupid haircut shes had lately

Show us user.

No, she should be the love interest.

Nobody reads comics. Nobody much is going to care. It doesn't matter.

>What do you expect/want to see?

I expect we'll see a younger version of Carol with a military career. Too young to be a senior officer, but certainly likely to be a flying officer with combat experience. Like if Captain America was a chick.

Not unless Marvel are proposing to buy the character back from Sony. Even with the deal (which as far as I know only extends to Spider-Man himself and maybe his major supporting characters) it's pushing credulity to expect Sony to allow that, and it would complicate things like royalties just as much as contracts - signing an actress to play her at Marvel *and* Sony requires an additional set of lawyers.

Besides, Jess is garbage and you should die in a fire, Bendis.

And a nice schlong. decent comfy six-seven inches.

love interest.

fuck, just look at that captain marvel, she finally turned into a man.

I expect her to essentially be a movie original character. Comics Carol is such a complete fuckup that nothing about her can, or should, be salvaged.

Only time I will say this for a comic film.
Fuck the comics and do an original story with original charcthers

>Ok so Civil War II further proves that comic Carol is shit.
How?
She was right.

Movie Carol is going to be absolutely nothing even close to any version of the character that's ever existed.

Then the comics will immediately change to be exactly like this version.

My guess is that she'll be a snarky Buffy-esque Joss Whedon character.

brash boisterous murderwaifu

Yay! Another Carol and Jess thread! Jess should definitely be in the movie! Anyone who disagrees with me can go to hell. :-)

How about both of them fuck off and we make it Monica?
Sets the stage for a whole Captain Marvel Corps down the line.

>Carol was right
Yes
>Tony deserved to die
No
>Yaas, Queen!
...Go back to Metafilter/Tumblr, faggot.

Carol is definitive waifu material. She's moe af.

But muh Stahlin

Why do you even care about Mahvel if you can't appreciate flawed characters?

Have they said anything about New Warriors since they announced it months ago?

Nah.
I'm not convinced Kamala'll will be in it, either. She'd work better in the movie playground, for various reasons.

How tell fuck was she right? Just because Tony was was a douche doesn't mean she she wasn't a facist moron bent on turning the system on it's head via thought-crime.

Honestly, I'm expecting the roster for that show to be decided by dartboard.
The only thing they've said about it is that SquirelGirl will be there.

Carol outright shut down the New Jersey project when she got wind of what they were doing. The worst thing she did all-event-long was detain one suspected terrorist, and even then she prioritized finding hard evidence instead of going full Guantanamo.
Look at issue #1 again and tell me using Ulysses wasn't right.

>oh gosh

Aww nice mommies

this, but its extremely unlikely it happens.

but on that note, how would they even introduce Kamala without Carol or Mar-Vell???

fuck carol
her movie will probably be shit too

>fuck carol her movie will probably be shit too
you're getting her movie and you're going to like it, asshole.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Make their own character pretty much. The comic one is a huge fucking mess.

>you're getting her movie and you're going to like it, asshole.
AAHHHHHHHH
I DONT LIKE IT SAM I AM I DONT LIKE CAPTAIN MARVEL AND HAM
I'd rather have a Jessica Drew movie than a carol movie.

even if Jessica isn't Spider-Woman, i prefer her to Carol.
at least Jessica has an interesting character (kid/pre-teen in an adult body)

Monica should have been MCU Captain Marvel.

again, FUCK CAROL

Change her origin. Which they will to avoid green lantern parallels.

>What do you expect/want to see?

I hope we get a least one kree sentry. That would be pretty cool.

I hope whoever they get to play Mahr Vehl is decent.

I hope they remember Carol can absorb and redirect energy.

I actually thought the OP picture was of a guy at first.

>Change her origin. Which they will to avoid green lantern parallels.
actually, I'd prefer if carol was just female Hal.
Hal is funny is they do him right

>Monica should have been MCU Captain Marvel.
>again, FUCK CAROL
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA bend over, here comes Carol!

Jessica Drew is a hot mess, but a FUN hot mess. Her interactions with Carol are great.

>I DONT LIKE IT SAM I AM I DONT LIKE CAPTAIN MARVEL AND HAM
ok, that was funny enough that I won't insult you. what would it take to make her movie more interesting for you? Other than replacing Carol with Monica, since we know that isn't happening....

Monica's duller by a factor of 20.
Shit she's the dullest Cap outright.

Sounds like you have uncommonly high standards for interesting tbqh.

Someone request this on /aco/

Carol is the victim here. She was written by Bendis. a fate worse than death

Best married couple in Marvel?

she's more interesting just by virtue of being a black woman. theres alot of story potential just because of that, especially how that there's been more "pro-black" stuff in the american media, get some Black creatives behind it and it could be great. Think Atlanta or Insecure.

true

>what would it take to make her movie more interesting [...] Other than replacing Carol with Monica
Any one of the other Captain Marvels.
Literally ANY of them, Mar through Noh, and this statement would make sense.

>she's more interesting just by virtue of being a black woman.
so.......you don't like Carol because she's white. thank you for finally being honest.

no. spidey and MJ were the best (die, Slott, die) and Carol + Jess aren't married yet.

Now that Jessica Jones and Luke Cage have split up, I literally cannot think of ANY married couples in Marvel. Can anyone else?

>she's more interesting just by virtue of being a black woman.
Have these threads finally gone full-circle?

>she's more interesting just by virtue of being a black woman. theres alot of story potential just because of that, especially how that there's been more "pro-black" stuff in the american media, get some Black creatives behind it and it could be great. Think Atlanta or Insecure.

Feige, the man in charge of the MCU, wants Carol.

The die is cast, man.

>>she's more interesting just by virtue of being a black woman.

are they official gay yet?
how long until that happens?
not in the slightest.
I like the old Spider-Woman comics from the 80s, the Bendis mini wasn't terrible, but i haven't read the hopeless series at all.
I like the art, but i can't get past
>hopeless
>Jessica Drew is a hot mess, but a FUN hot mess. Her interactions with Carol are great.
exactly. They're a great duo.

>what would it take to make her movie more interesting for you?
to be honest, I'm not even sure. I like the idea of Carol, and the idea of Carol as Captain Marvel, but since thats happened... (2011, 2012 was it?) she hasn't been much of a character at all. she's a stand-in for "feminism" and that doesn't actually have any meaning, she's girlpower with no weight believe me, as a woman I want to see empowered female characters and woman-centric stories, but I'd like if they could be good or at least decent, instead of absolute dogshit

I expect the MCU to completely do its own thing and go left-field, and I get the feeling MCU Carol will be a character like john mcclane or Ellen Ripley.
which is great in movies, but end of the day they still dont have much "character"

Crusher & Skeeter.
They're adorable.

Reed and Sue. Do they still count even though they're not in universe at the moment? What is it with Marvel and seemingly refusing to have hero with a stable relationship.

But Jess isnt a Spider Man character so why would they need to negotiate with SONY?

nah, i dont care that carol is white, I'm saying that because monica is black they can at least use that as a basis for her character if nothing else.

I dont like carol because Kelly Sue Deconnick ruined her. Alcholohic military carol was fun.
but thats not what she is anymore.

You expect something good from the MCU? You haven't actually watched any Mousevel films lately, have you?

>she hasn't been much of a character at all
See, after the latest volume I contest this.
There was character in KSD's run too but it was mostly subdued and the big moments were few and far between. Butters & the Gages were a lot more extroverted with her.

Get out nerd this is a normie thread.

I get the appeal, and its about the ONE and ONLY time Id allow Marvel to do this kind of pandering, but it probably wont happen. But then again, Marvel Studios could probably get away with it given the liberties they've taken before. But dont hold your breath

>See, after the latest volume I contest this.
okay
let me read it and see, i couldn't be assed after the first couple KSD runs.

this is volume 3 or 4?
JESSICA AND CAROL OFFICIAL LESBIANS WHEN?????

>spidey and MJ
fuck off mj fag, that cardboard isn't even in the top ten spidey love interests

Really what harm could Marvel Studios do to Carol at this point? Shes been downhill for some time and Civil War 2 certainly isnt doing her any favors.

Is this bait? Because this screams "Ive never read Spider Man". Let me guess, you like Black Cat?

She seems to be following Evan's example.

I think it goes to show that there needs to be an industry wide move away from events. characters always develop better in their own series when an uninterrupted narrative is allowed to form.

In my opinion carol was great is several of her own series and the latest ultimates until civil war 2 happened

Shes a boring unrelatable character
Even more boring and more unrelatable

Why do you think three Batman comics are the top 3 sellers right now?

Because despite what people think because of bullshit polls, women are at best 10-20% of the comic industry and the sales represent that.

Alcoholic Carol was one 4-issue arc.

We where getting a Inhumans movie to until Marvel realised they will never convinces us we actually care about the Inhumans

>boring unrelatable character
>Batman comics are the top 3 sellers right now

This is especially true for Ghost Rider at the moment. For fuck sake Robbie is one of the few things worth reading right now, having potential to grow into something, and currently hes bogged down by team up shit nobody asked for at the very start of his new book

Until Ike got kicked out of the movies division, you mean

unmarried, have a kid together, lesbians

Try and do this even 10 years ago you would be labelled as what you are, mentally ill

>Batmanfags

>he doesn't know

If you can call it a movie. Its basically a glorified tv movie. Which sucks because I actually wanted The Inhumans to get a decent movie. Oh well, blame AoS

Modern comics are obsessed with team ups and crossovers. Diehard comic fans still like it, but that, among other things, can make it difficult for new fans to get invested.

cant tell what you are trying to convey.

Am I 'memeing' because I think Batman is relatable?

Inhumans suits the TV format better by a wide margin tbqh.
Plus it's getting IMAX budget so hey, win-win.

And interesting. But yeah mostly that one.

admittedly it's why I've been more into image and valiant for a while. Valiant series stand on their own and actually end. image series almost never interact and are completely independant.

>she's a stand-in for "feminism" and that doesn't actually have any meaning, she's girlpower with no weight
I'm really not seeing it. she's still violent and jingoistic and a bit too kreeaboo for her own good

yes. the number of billionaire vigilantes in the world is zero.

So should they tap into the Kree/Skrull war or SWORD? Should carol fight Skrulls or just Yonrogg with a Kree Sentry?

>are they official gay yet?
not yet.
>how long until that happens?
beats me, but if it does happen, it will be in Spider-Woman. the most recent issue has some interesting developments.

>she hasn't been much of a character at all. she's a stand-in for "feminism" and that doesn't actually have any meaning,
you're right. KSD made her incredibly bland. Pretty much all long-term Carol fans (including me) hated her for that.

I became a Carol fan during Brian Reed's Ms. Marvel run. While imperfect and uneven, Reed took the time to dig into her character. The Cru arc is what sold Carol for me -- temporarily possessed by an alien, Carol is forced into her own subconscious, where she comes face to face with the fact that she is not a nice person. At all. After I became a fan, I read back through Carol's old stories, and that dark core has always been there. Carol is not nice. In fact, she's pretty damn mean sometimes. Heroing does not come naturally to her. As we all know, KSD just ignored all that, though to be fair the second half of her Captain Marvel run is better.

Why am I typing this wall of text? Because I wanted you to understand why I like Carol and why recent developments are good (for a change). The arc Fazekas and Butters wrote was quite good. The Carol they wrote is like a combination of Reed's and KSD's. She's got her shit together, but she tends to regress under stress. Her dark side is back. She quips, but it doesn't dominate the story. Issue #0 of "Mighty Captain Marvel" was decent. It wasn't perfect -- there were a few annoying moments, and the dream sequence was predictable. But the basics of Carol, her dark side, her problems, etc. are there. I'd encourage you to read Fazekas/Butter's "Rise of Alpha Flight" trade paperback. Judge for yourself.

Oh, and if Stohl starts that "YAAS QUEEN" shit I'll be the first one to tear her a new asshole.

Do they even own the rights to Skrulls?

skrulls, yes. super skrull specifically, no.

I believe they own Skrulls, just not Super Skrull given his connection to the F4

The vigilantism's irrelevent, the number of superheroes in the world is zero.
Otherwise yes orphaned billionaire black-belts are uncommon.