Future shows

The future is promising is not it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ah-QbFaY_wU?t=16s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>FOX animated series
Not even one season.

I have little doubt that the Groening Netflix show is nothing more than another Futurama revival. After they got canceled on Comedy Central, there were reports that they were shopping the show around to other potential networks

I wonder how he'll handle "adult comedy"

Matt's show has potential, Futurama showed he can still put out good content even after The Simpsons became a zombie of itself
Hirsch's show will probably be unfunny lefty propaganda crap, especially in the wake of Trump winning

It has to be another preachy liberal cartoon. And it won't even be enjoyable like Lil Bush.
I'll bet this will be the last we hear from Alex after this cartoon flops like every single 'new' cartoon on Fox (except Bob's Burgers)

Why do people willingly pitch cartoons to Fox when they very clearly want nothing other than fleeting Simpsons/Family Guy bootlegs?

>another Futurama revival
I hope not. I loved Futurama but it's time to let go. The first revival was already lower in quality, I don't want to know what a second revival will be like.

Well, he said he was gonna try again as soon as CC canned it, so I guess we'll find out won't we?

Hirschs show will be fine if he can get good people on board and doesn't try to make everything himself. He get burned out and drops the show.

Groening did it twice and I think he can do it again.

For some reason I'm not very optimistic about Alex's new show.

I still don't believe that's what happened. It seemed to me that he just misread the writing on the wall and thought Gravity Falls was gonna be canned, so he rushed it to an end. Then he kicked himself for it when it turned out Disney wanted a third season.

Is Hirsch still working on that show? Last time we've heard about him, he's working on the Detective Pikachu movie.

Lots of writers work on movie scripts while working on television shows.

You have no idea what Hirsch's next show is going to be. I can't wait to laugh in your face when it's nothing like you imagined

Post yfw you realize that based Matt has never made a none-amazing show.

>Made burnt-out potential: The Show
>Exchanged it for an "adult cartoon" (usually means less creativity in exchange for more politics/vulgarity)
>On a network that only wants sitcoms that are political/vulgar (Offspring Dude) or le relatable (Bill's Burritos)
>Smug lib
>Creating during perhaps the most butthurt four years libs will go through in their lifetime
What could possibly go wrong

No, XD had no show with similar good ratings he can't be that stupid. Maybe he didn't lie and really felt that the quality will drop at some point. After all most Mystery shows jump the shark hard at some point or get canned early.

Hisrch's new show will join the countless other shows that didn't hang with Simpsons and Family Guy

Hirsch micromanaged almost every aspect of the show. Combine that with a hyper autistic fanbase, and he straight up admitted if it weren't for Jon Stewart talking him into continuing it because his kids loved it he was going to dump it at the first season.

Same. I am fairly excited for Groening new series, the Simpsons must've burnt him out and you can tell he wanted to venture unto new series. I, for one, love Futurama and that he were able to make a series, at that time. Actually, a fun fact: Groening wanted to expand upon Springfield and the episode "Twenty-two Stories" was a stealth pilot of sorts as he wanted to focus on the citizens of Springfield and their daily lives.

>You have no idea what Hirsch's next show is going to be
I mean, all you have to do is lurk Hirsch's Twitter and you can grasp the type of person he is. He's very vocal. So, it's not too far fetch to surmise wha type of humour he'll include or who he'll attack.

>Hirsch get Pokemon
>Sugar get Sailor Moon
Wew lad.

What a time to be alive.

He will probably get the same 6 episode deal everyone else gets.

Having met a couple of the writers back in 2015, they were still not willing to let the series go. They still wanted to make it.

And it had been on twice and survived cancellation through a few direct release movies on top of that. They really need to let it die already and move on.

Actually makes me wonder why more people trying to a Fox cartoon do not follow the formula they are looking for.

All Fox wants are family sitcoms, so make a family sitcom. Bob's Burgers, King of the Hill, American Dad, and Cleveland Show are perfect examples of what to do, while Golan, Napoleon Dynamite, Allen Gregory, Axe Cop, and Sit Down Shut Up are examples of what not to do.

Just give them what they want. And don't get super preachy with the politics or else it will go like Bordertown.

>left propaganda
>on Fox
maybe something like "The Goode Family", but otherwise, no

>Sugar getting Sailor Moon is a good thing

In what way

Guess you didn't catch Bordertown

Wait do you think because of Fox News, all of Fox is Conservative as fuck?
Because that's quite the opposite for the Fox channel

Simpsons even had an episode making fun of that fact back in 06

06 will soon be 11 years old, some shit usually changes

>Sup Forums - Right wing politics

He's a fucking animator, of course Hirsch is centrist - left wing. Cartoons basically use sketchy rich people with far too much power as stock villains, and that's fucking hard to do as a Trump supporter.

>But muh roiland and harmon

Are good friends with Hirsch, so if they can sort their bullshit out, so can you.

All we need now is how SU is LGBT propaganda, where it consists of anti-race mixing space rocks vs eco friendly humanitarian space rocks, and all the humans are standup people.

On topic, I'll look forward to Groening's stuff, but FOX is pretty awful for supporting animation. How long did Fox Kids even last before it became jetix?

>Sailor moon without the creepy father daughter incest subplot
>And the dub cousin lesbian incest implication
>And perhaps an extra father figure here and there

It's not she's taking over rick and morty, if she adds more female characters to that show the proportions hardly change.

>All we need now is how SU is LGBT propaganda, where it consists of anti-race mixing space rocks vs eco friendly humanitarian space rocks, and all the humans are standup people.
Easy there with the passive-aggressiveness, SUcuck. No one was talking or cares about your shitty kid's cartoon.

There hasn't even been any news whatsoever on Alex's FOX cartoon. I guess he still hasn't learned a thing about shortening development time.

Alex new show:
Two old twin jerks living on a boat, travelling the world and doing random bullshit while fighting paranormal creatures from beyond their dimmension

Bordertown was heavy on political shit? I never watched it because I knew it'd just be forgettable garbage that was only greenlit for being falsely attributed to Macfarlane.

The waifu fags will be able to get their fat sailor moon now, and they are all lesbians that have some metaphor for sex because apparently everything she works in has to be fucking gay.

>"I didn't like being restricted by Disney. I wanna do a show where I'm free from executives fucking me up!"
>Goes to make an non Simpsons animated show on FOX

Has there ever been a dumbest move? I didn't think GF was as bad as others in Sup Forums but jesus christ this is almost as retarded as trying to make your animated comedy in Comedy Central.

That's....all it ever was

There was maybe at times some jokes or plot in there somewhere...but largely preaching

Can't wait for Hirsch's new animated family sitcom or, if not that, mid season cancellation.

These hack manlets get multiple shows and I don't even have one.

Are you one of the chosen developers user?

I can always stick a berg on my name.

Do Hollywood execs check if you're circumcised?

at parties, yes

They actually have a guy for that...

>first episode instantly attacks people expecting another Gravity Falls, and calling critics Trump loving alt-rights that are equivilant to the Axis
>series of this

I'm sure Fox will give McFarland another show just to bitch about Trump.

Wow, a pair of people who need to fuck off forever.

You know Fox includes FX, right? That's got no sitcom cartoons.

Because you suck and he works in the industry since he was 24.

What about the Simpsons?

Isn't Justin Roiland making a series for Fox too?
Like an outer space family or something?

wasn't him the one that was drawing kittens to relieve stress during the election night?

>Sugar get Sailor Moon
BURN IT ALL DOWN!

nigga you don't know me

I thought Matt Groening was a guy, not an asian woman.

He pitched it to Fox but I don't think it was picked up. Nothing has been mentioned about it in over a year.

>'The Simpsons' creator Matt Groening makes another attempt to escape the horrible zombie show and execs that plague his existence.
Good luck Matt

Just make new movies.

There was zero politics in Gravity Falls, but now you kids are so obsessed with a couple of tweets Hirsch made that you can't separate anything he does from his refusal to suck Trump's stubby micropenis.

No matter what his show is like you'll all insist that every single line and background element is actually EVUL LIBERAL PROPAGANDA and get more and more paranoid with every episode.

I can already see it: "OMG Sup Forums, that cloud in the background kind of looks like an arrow if you squint really hard and flip the screen upside down, Hillary's logo had an arrow in it, HIRSCH IS GOING TO MURDER TRUMP WITH ARROWS, OH NO."

There was plenty of politics in Gravity Falls. Mostly simpering feminism.

>of course Hirsch is centrist - left wing.

Creative people are going to support whichever political party supports their creative rights. Traditionally that's always been democrats, and Trump is already talking about wanting to put limits on the first amendment so it's not going to change anytime soon.

If Republicans want artists on their side, they can offer them something just like with every other group. So far they haven't offered them jack shit.

>x creator making exclusive to y

It wasn't "politics" that Gravity Falls had an uncomfortable amount of.

There was however a clearly emasculating and male-subservient world view pushed by the show, and how its main characters interacted, especially with how their relationships "resolve".

>show has one line about women being strong
>OMG THA FEMINAZIS HAVE CONQUERED DISNEY, SAVE US BREITBART

Please, righties, my sides can only take so much.

>clearly emasculating and male-subservient world view

No luck getting a date to Homecoming last semester, huh, sport?

youtu.be/Ah-QbFaY_wU?t=16s

You're just buttmad because you didn't get to live out your precious little Nice-Guy fantasy through Dipper, and instead his and Wendy's relationship worked out exactly how it would in real life.

Dipper was a sweaty, awkward mess around Wendy and offered her absolutely nothing. From his perspective she may have been a goddess, but from her perspective he was an awkward little kid who forgot how to talk every time she was around. It would have been hugely out of character for Wendy to end up with Dipper (not that Sup Forums minds OOC stuff so long as it panders to them.)

>Mabel looks for boyfriends all summer, jumping from one to the next with reckless abandon, this often puts her and her friends in danger, but it never occurs to her to stop, Dipper tries to learn to flirt for one episode before Mabel, along with the world converging on him stops him and calls him a creep for ever trying

>Mabel causes the apocalypse because Dipper tried to grow out of their clearly one-sides relationship, is never punished

>After causing the apocalypse, Mabel creates a fantasy bubble for herself in which everything is perfect, feels no obligation to help her friends until Dipper shows up personally to remind her of everything they've been to. All examples he uses are of him sacrificing to make her life better. There is no indication of her resisting this fantasy world before him appearing

There are other, smaller examples, but if my being a simpering feminist with no understanding of how to talk to women stopped me from getting a Homecoming date, this show carries some of the fucking blame.

Dipper being reprimanded by Mabel and all her friends for mingling the with opposite sex for one episode

the same thing Mabel was doing for 2 seasons and never got shit for

>No one was talking or cares about your shitty kid's cartoon.
wheredoyouthinkweare.jpeg

Who gives a shit about Dipper and Wendy's relationship? That was clearly doomed from the start.

Its Dipper and Mabel's relationship that's both far more unhealthy and far closer to the central plot of the show. Its a long running theme in the show for Mabel to cause trouble or get in over her head and need Dipper to bail her out. Just as consistently, if Dipper tries to separate himself, either to explore some specific mystery that Mabel has grown bored by (the laptop) or to grow as an individual, Mabel and the world tag team to make the lesson he takes away as "I should never have tried" over and over again.

This culminates in him turning down Ford's offer to be his apprentice, even though Dipper saved the world, his sister, and Gravity Falls from Bill, even though he's been doing so all Summer and clearly enjoys and has a talent for it, even though there's no indication that there will never be another giant crisis Ford can't handle on his own, and even though he loves Gravity Falls and its people, he fucking can't bring it in himself to leave the loving, but clearly one sided, dependent, and borderline abusive relationship he has with his sister.

He doesn't grow as a person, because Mabel wan'ts him exactly as he is and he can't find it within himself to even run the risk of making her sad. This is how the show ends. Its fucking terrifying.

What did you think Penis Inspection Day was for?

>but if my being a simpering feminist with no understanding of how to talk to women stopped me from getting a Homecoming date, this show carries some of the fucking blame.
You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.

>Alex the Hacklet
>Show on Fox
>"Promising"

"No"

>take every bad thing to every happen to Dipper and blow it hugely out of proportion

>take every nice thing that ever happened to Mabel and insist that she deserved pain and suffering instead

You sure have put a lot of effort into not enjoying this show.

They said there would be prizes!

>Creative people are going to support whichever political party supports their creative rights. Traditionally that's always been democrats

>party of big nanny government statism
>in favor of free expression

I liked this show and its characters enough to care about what and where they decided to take them. Turns out they ran both into the ground. If you're just going to offhandedly defend the show because you think no show could EVER communicate negative messages to its audience, you're retarded.

The worst part of Gravity Falls is how fucking good it is beyond the world view that clearly influenced the relationship between the two characters. Shit, the show doesn't even explicitly push it. It doesn't over moralize, its just a message communicated by what it chooses to moralize over and what it chooses to forgive. Plus, its incredibly well animated and almost every joke hits home. Its characters are relatable but heroic and have interesting and suspenseful arcs, again, barring the main two siblings.

Its just easy to see a young girl trying to be more like Mabel by hopping between as many boys as possible in three months and a young boy trying to be more like Dipper by forgoing his ambitions by giving as much of his time and energy to his sister as possible.

b-but he's not a Trump supporter, so clearly the show is gonna be nothing but evil leftist propaganda!

Seriously, I don't get why people itt give so much of a shit about who he does or doesn't support in politics. So long as the show he's doing turns out to be good, who gives a fuck?

As for Matt's show, I don't see it being a Futurama revival. I think Futurama on Netflix would've already been announced already, if that was the case.

^This. If you think Hillary Clinton was in any way, shape or form a supporter of the 1st Amendment, you need to have your head examined.

Can you take this shit somewhere else? No one cares.

>The worst part of Gravity Falls is how fucking good it is beyond the world view that clearly influenced the relationship between the two characters.
It wasn't. It was almost entirely trash held together by promise of something better to come, except it didn't come.

I care.

Nah, I would have no problem with women being strong. I have a problem with women being weak, while also being entitled to be constantly bailed out by males and being treated as equal for it despite being demonstratively inferior, like Mabel is inferior to Dipper yet controls his life.

Did you fucking faggots just mentally skip over the word "Traditionally" in your heads?

The Left wing's flirtation with authoritarianism didn't pick up any significant amount of Steam until the late 00s.

Do you? Do you really?

I can tell you this: It wasn't Donald Trump who demanded that Steve Martin withdraw his tweet about Carrie Fisher, it was insane SJW feminists.

>The Left wing's flirtation with authoritarianism didn't pick up any significant amount of Steam until the late 00s.

>leftist authoritarianism didn't exist until the last decade

I'm pretty sure Stalin, Castro, Mao, and Pol Pot happened earlier than 2008.

And that has what to do with this thread? Fuck off.

Ye

Creative people will support whichever lets the virtue signal better from their gated communities while common men suffering for their amusement. It has nothing to do with freedom of anything.

>This culminates in him turning down Ford's offer to be his apprentice,
More gay subtext, just like the Stan o War resolution, this is just some creepy NAMBLA fantasy shit.

Then get out.

This always struck me as faintly ludicrous how many Hollywood idiots were mourning the passing of Fidel Castro when all of them, if they lived in Cuba, would be dead/in prison/in a mental hospital.

Gay incestual subtext, no less!

>party of big nanny government statism
>Implying that's limited to one party

Are you pretending not to understand that I'm talking about American politics to bait me or are you honestly this fucking thick?

I'd say on average the Democrats are the more statist/fascistic of the two parties, in fact they've been for at least 100 years.

So I take it you're a 17 year old prat who has never even heard the words "Moral Majority"

Your misuse of the word "Fascism" gives it away you see.