/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Everything's Better with Lego Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.html

>Out This Week:
Star Wars #26

>The Original Rebel: Saw Gerrera Returns | Star Wars Rebels
youtube.com/watch?v=mLN_y-uWAVA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2lUAnrX7gqw
facebook_com/HamillHimself/posts/1707089869620139
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Miss_Star_Wars_2016
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Mister_Star_Wars_2016
youtube.com/watch?v=hab3R_TRazg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is she, /swco/?

>thread starts off with shitposting

this bodes well

a buttslut

no, you're thinking of Ezra

Why does she have a German accent?

CIS scum pls go

What voice does everyone imagine he has? Does everyone assign a sarcastic droid voice like Proxy or K2? I like to hear his dialogue in Threepio's voice, the juxtaposition makes it funnier to me

crazy old hermit reporting

creepios voice

I imagine him talking like 3PO as well. Especially since they disguised him as 3PO once.

we all know that his canon voice is Creepio.
youtube.com/watch?v=2lUAnrX7gqw

>Posting Ezra Banger vol. 5: Mandalwhore instead of the superior Ezra Banger vol. 7: Ezra Gets Mauled

Why has this newest forced meme not been stamped out yet?

Even if we don't like it, at the very least it's only once a thread and most people just ignore it

Because unlike other things, it's not causing anyone to sperg out about it for an entire thread

How are your hopes for 8 considering Rian defended the PT

Just that it may have a reference or two. I don't expect to see planets or characters or anything.

I hope to finally see PT or at least OT aliens. (And other than Mon cal or alien with names)

Pretty good.

We may get that hayden and ewan cameo

Hopeful because it means he's probably not afraid of doing new things like JJ was. And that we might see some old aliens among the new ones this time.

Reminds me, I really need to finish this book. Never got started on Twilight Company and I cannot get into Heir of the Jedi. The first person perspective is very bizarre but Luke spilling constant spaghetti noodles is the highlight of the book.

I hope to see more connections like Rogue One versus TFA. Rogue One felt very natural bridging the PT into the OT. You could watch ROTS and see R1 and think "wow the empire really was a bad idea"

You're chillin at the Valley of the Jedi and this guy slaps your girlfriend's ass. What do?

Push her aside and tell him to slap my ass

Carrie Fishers mum, Debbie Reynolds, has just been rushed to hospital. How horrible this has been for her daughter and Gary

Finally, i'm glad they weren't in the movie. They are somewhere, alive and chilling.

>Carrie Fishers mum
Oh god. She outlived her? That must be the fucking worst

Grandma Aggie better not die

>"wow the empire really was a bad idea"

Sheev did nothing wrong, the empire was a good idea.

i wonder what there going to do with princess leia in ep 8?

I thought I recognised her from somewhere. I remember binging those halloweentown movies on the disney channel all the time as a little kid. Let's hope she's ok, but all memes aside she likely lost the will to live after losing Carrie. They lived together and Carrie helped care for her.

NOT CANON

Supposedly she was going to be critically injured and spend most of the movie in a coma/out of commission (with Laura Dern supposedly taking over as Resistance leader). They may just rewrite it so that she ends up dying from her injuries.

(you)

Why does he look like Red Forman?

What a horrible way to go for Leia's character. The sequels have been unrelentless in their treatment for the original three. We must protect Mark and Luke.

Seriously, who gives a fuck about canon?

why do people care about canon? none of its real

True fans

facebook_com/HamillHimself/posts/1707089869620139

>It's never easy to lose such a vital, irreplaceable member of the family, but this is downright heartbreaking. Carrie was one-of-a-kind who belonged to us all- whether she liked it or not. She was OUR Princess, damn it, & the actress who played her blurred into one gorgeous, fiercely independent & ferociously funny, take-charge woman who took our collective breath away. Determined & tough, but with a vulnerability that made you root for her & want her to succeed & be happy. She played such a crucial role in my professional & personal life, & both would have been far emptier without her. I am grateful for the laughter, the wisdom, the kindness & even the bratty, self-indulgent crap my beloved space-twin gave me through the years. Thanks Carrie. I love you, mh

It's that time again

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Miss_Star_Wars_2016
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Mister_Star_Wars_2016

Kyle Katarn had an entire motive to himself.

Can the wook be anymore autistic?

>True fans
You remind me of that faggot on Deviant art. Next EU reboot, we'll have fun of you.

Leia has to win this one.

a true fan would never forget just because some one told him to

Looking at the votes, she's miles ahead of the other girls.

Cassian and Artoo are tied so far for the guys.

Why does it trigger you so much that people care more about the Official Storyline that is ongoing instead of what was always not part of canon in any true sense?

Granted the asshat that keeps going "NOT CANON" needs to stop, but still

See
Fucking faggot.

It triggers people when a moron comes and say ITS NOT MUH CANON.

Damn, your head canon is like your cock, we don't really want to see it.

pretty sure this guys responsible for the canon fights

The fabulous life of an anonymous board.

>don't really want to see it
>cock

>It triggers people when a moron comes and say ITS NOT MUH CANON.
They why did you complain about people liking canon, and not that guy specifically?

>Damn, your head canon is like your cock, we don't really want to see it.
Practice what you preach

Jedi Knight is 100% canon

movie battles II is also canon

Hey buddy nice video game screenshot you got there, from a c-canon video game, Jedi Outcast with cool characters, Kyle and Jan. Continuity canon ain't that right brah? Nice choice friend. I sure love the Jedi Knight series and boy do I love the Expanded Universeâ„¢

Next Filony's show about Luke and Kyle kicking ass when?

Jerec, Desann and all that shit could appear during that 30 years gap.

Watching TFA for the second time with my friend right now.

Surprising how much memes can sway opinions and how likely it is that so many people have probably only seen the movie once and forgotten most. I'm paying extra attention to all the things Sup Forums and Sup Forums usually complain about and they're kinda flat out wrong. Rey is a big one. Daisy actually acted with a surprising amount of nuance. Her first scenes alone have a lot of show don't tell. Putting on the Rebel helmet and gazing and play pretend at being a pilot with a smile on her face. It's subtle but felt like it told you a lot about her character. And later when she's offered 60 portions for BB-8 and she immediately pounces on the portions and starts hording them towards her like a glutton until she snaps out of it and starts to feel remorse. She's definitely far better than Jyn who I've heard the reverse about multiple times in these threads.

>It's subtle but felt like it told you a lot about her character
Like what?

>And later when she's offered 60 portions for BB-8 and she immediately pounces on the portions and starts hording them towards her like a glutton until she snaps out of it and starts to feel remorse
So cliche.

Thanks for all the meaningless input in any case.

NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON NOT CANON

goood, let the butthurt flow through you.

>let me start another argument about TFA

>She's definitely far better than Jyn

Read the X-Wing comics last night and today I played Dark Forces 2. Now I'm starting on the X-Wing novels. Fucking loving the post RotJ EU so far.

this is now a forgotten canon thread

Case in point.

Lots of memes and non points. Thanks guys.

Ancient SW is underrated, but based as fuck.

We already know where this is going, though. You brought in another tired TFA argument into a thread that was doing just fine without it, all for the sake of having another TFA argument. You know this never ends well.

IT'S CANON

Do you masturbate to this shit?

>memes and non points
Oh, are you talking about what you posted? Because I'm still waiting for the explanation as to how Rey putting on an X-Wing pilot's helmet adds to her characterization, or how a cliché'd "oh she's going to do the wrong thing! Or is she??" scene is so vital to Rey's character.

writers just went fucking rampant with some of this shit, no wonder why disney deleted system 32

posting about memes being bad is just as bad as posting the meme itself

I'm happy that one of them finally found a job.

Here's your daily (you). Now, you can turn the internet off, kiddo.

HK will come back one day right? He's probably 2nd only to Revan in popularity when it comes to KOTOR

When the fuck are we going to get HK back, or at the very least some robot that acts exactly like him?

K2 was nice, but I need my psychotic murderbot fix.

didnt she practice in a rebuilt star fighter simulator?

>A SW horror story about rahkgoul.

More expressive yes, as for me I like her but I like Jyn more. Jyn isn't sympathetic or likable, she's a lump of murder and PTSD and for that movie she's exactly what the doctor ordered.

>K2 was nice, but I need my psychotic murderbot fix.
Good news! You have Triple Zero! You like funny droids that like killing, don't you? There you go! No need to thank us!

Maybe the ghost crew or someone else will find someday an HK unit factory.

his personality is repurposed for other characters

Th-thanks

So we're never allowed to discuss TFA again got it. Even though the last thread was PT vs OT posting

I simply said they were subtle scenes that fleshed her out without having to say much. Everyone constantly shits on Rey for having no personality and being a Mary Sue but I'd be willing to argue she has more character moments than even Leia does if you're really paying attention.

That'd just be a murderrape fest.

>Even though the last thread was PT vs OT posting
The last thread was endless shitposting and not actual discussion.

I'm still not seeing an answer as to how either of these moments contribute to Rey's characterization.

>Why does it trigger you so much that people care more about the Official Storyline
Because there is no official storyline for Star Wars except the 6 movies. None of the other stuff is canon in any true sense. Even the most hardcore fans know that. Arguing about the canonicity of any tie-in media, about how it's unfair that some new thing takes precedence of some previously established thing, it doesn't really matter with Star Wars. Granted, they did do a goob job of making it all fairly cohesive, but it has always been an alternate universe.

The story group idea of trying to create a unified canon, almost from scratch, it's really just a formality at best. The whole point of it was to make the upcoming reboot of Star Wars a lot easier and eliminate a lot of headaches, allow Marvel to get away with making new comics without having to worry about Dark Horse continuity so and so forth. So what I'm trying to say is, it's nothing personal kid, but Jango Fett is a mandalorian from Concord Dawn and Darth Nihilus is 100% canon. George R. Binks is also canon.

You can headcanon your way out of it if you want, that doesn't stop it from being the official storyline. It's not about what versions are more "real" or not, just which version is the official one currently being continued. You don't have to like it, if you don't want to believe in it that's also fine, but it's stupid to try to tell people that it's not canon just because you don't want it to be.

Why didn't Vader take the Grand Inquisitor as an apprentice to overthrow Sidious?

Probably wasn't anywhere close to strong enough to be of much help in killing the Emperor.

LOOK MA I'M A MANDALORIAN

They're more loyal to Sidious than to Vader. Why? Sheev bought them all really cool hover blades so they can pretend to be helicopters. Vader only offers chockplay.

HK units are also great for philosophy user. Ezra exactly need this to complete is Edgera conversion.

youtube.com/watch?v=hab3R_TRazg

>pretend to be helicopters
Whoever thought that up was a genius.

Can't help if you're incapable of understanding simplistic character moments user

K2 is not NEARLY murderous enough to fill the HK-shaped hole in my heart.

>chockplay

I bet on /SS/ was a choke slut.