The Szechuan sauce fiasco proves Rick and Morty fans don’t understand Rick and Morty

The ‘smart’ fans are the problem

polygon.com/2017/10/9/16447460/rick-and-morty-szechuan-sauce-mcdonalds-fans-anger

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-GC5rAX0xHg
youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5rAX0xHg
youtube.com/watch?v=X7HmltUWXgs
streamable.com/7s8q3
archive.is/A2f53
youtube.com/watch?v=CPRmhqxERGc
youtu.be/E-GxDqtP4Vc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You think the mentally developed individual wouldn't notice?

Was this the greatest false flag operation since 9/11?

To be fair, the casual fan just doesn't have the high IQ [from an internet test] to really understand the crossing of the silliness of the show into the silly world we live in. They think it's just another witty show, but us intellectuals know it's a mirror universe of our own.

>Sup Forums - rick and morty news

I completely avoided the show for 2 reasons.
1) I don't really like cartoons
2) The show and its fans were giving me an Adventure Time vibe

The Asian Szechuan Autist made me watch the show for some reason.

It turns out the masses aren't always wrong.

Hilarious show, stayed up until around 3 am watching season 1.

Still hate the fans, but I like the show.

This is more cringe than the video.

I actually find R&M kinda entertaining. I've only seen the first 2 seasons but they aren't too bad.

Obligatory
youtu.be/-GC5rAX0xHg

its not that bad. they should actually try with the dialog though

Just stop there and be happy

it's funny. don't latch onto it though or you are done

>i actually kind of like the show, but hate the fans

I think football is a fun sport, but I don't think vuvuzuelas, constant whistling or destroying public property because of a silly sports game is very mature.

Literal autism

The mom clutching her child in terror is my favorite part

The show and the fans are equally garbage.

Nah dude

The show is legitimately funny. Some of it is stupid of course, meseeks comes to mind.

Otherwise, fun premises and happenings.

>They’ve turned into Fight Club fans who start their own fight clubs, not understanding that the point of the movie is how easily white male anger is co-opted for violence and mindless support of empty and hateful causes.

>the point of the movie is how easily white male anger is co-opted for violence and mindless support of empty and hateful causes.

lol wtf that's not what Fight Club was about

Is the 3rd season bad? I just thought the show finally got popular enough to inspire an autistic fanbase, I didn't know the actual show had turned worse.

Funny like the "pickle rick" meme?

Liberals try to twist everything that is good to fit their agenda.

I'm not that far into the show yet.

Kek, they're passing off the shitty fanbase as entitled gamers and toxic nerd culture, when it's all millennial lefties packing the earth with their retardation.

yes. all jokes in things that I like are funny and land perfectly well. no criticism is allowed

youtube.com/watch?v=-GC5rAX0xHg

I thought the butter robot sketch was pretty funny youtube.com/watch?v=X7HmltUWXgs

Yes Rick spouts autistic fedora quotes even in this short one minute video, but Rick is not supposed to be a character you self-insert with. He's supposed to be obnoxious.

>I post the "you have to be intelligent to understand Rick and Morty" meme everyday on Sup Forums

Yeah they're really trying to drive this narrative, it's pathetic.

>polygon

The Sjw version of breitbart

Saying people freaking out over a promotional sauce gives you a bad reputation is like saying drunk drivers give people who drink beer a bad reputation because they also consume alcohol but don't crash their cars into other things. Rick and Morty is a mainstream stoner cartoon and there are bound to be absolute shitheads that take shit too seriously. But who the fuck are we kidding analyzing the joke about Szechuan sauce and telling everyone who's going to McDonald's YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO WANT TO NUGGET SAUCE IT WAS ALL JUST A JOKE

The real problem is that we have people like our "friend" at Polygon who honestly fucking believe this was about anything more than the average, somewhat intelligent-somewhat dim person/nerd going out to get some McNugget sauce and perhaps getting a bit too passionate about it. Does Ben Kuchera write an article every time someone gets trampled in the mall on Black Friday and talk about people who get carried away buying a Nintendo Switch or some bullshit for their kid aren't true capitalists? Of course not. Because that's how people fucking act sometimes. Getting absolutely worked up over dumb bullshit that doesn't matter is human. Nobody died. At worst, some shortsighted buffoons spent a large amount of money just to taste a promotional sauce they could have made at home. Is that really the dumbest thing that anyone has ever done? Waste their money? Pound on a counter?

The only thing worse is people who think they're smart for watching a cartoon, is people who think they're smart because they're smarter than a retard.

There's a dip in quality in the third season

So how long until someone gets shot because they didn't get a pack of mediocre chicken nugget sauce?

>rick and Morty is a dumb show for smart people

The sauce thing isn't any worse than people that clamor for the McRib, Shamrock Shakes etc

Or when they brought back Surge

Or whatever pepsi/coke novelty drinks come out from time to time

Or Boo Berries

I fully understand the faggotry for white chocolate dipped holiday Oreos though

That was intentionally stupid, so fucking stupid that Sup Forums can't stop talking about "PICKLE RIIICK!!" anymore.

More fans need to watch more of the behind the scenes commentaries and interviews of the show to see that Roiland, Harmon and Ridley give a fuck about the story and structure but ultimately just want to do their own thing without consequence. Not give people life lessons or tell you how to live your lives. (they also fucking hate Rick a character in real life, Roiland loves the character only for the portrayed voice performance)

They didn't and never will ask for fans to sperg out on their autism over this thing they supposedly love despite it's themes and messages going completely over their deluded small minded heads.

NEVER EVER get involved with a "fandom"

It was absolutely the point. He exploited their disillusion with their empty lives to further his own goals while using them as disposable pawns.
Yes, the article makes it sound like he was some alt-right paramilitary leader, but the point still stands.
Why do you think so many idiots fuck shit up while thinking they are protecting the world against the Fourth Reich? Same basic idea.

that chart is objectively false

>He exploited their disillusion with their empty lives to further his own goals while using them as disposable pawns.

Yeah, but him being white isn't the point of the story.

Although, it's pretty applicable, especially in 2017.

Maybe not _white_ male anger but that's basically what the movie was about.

Violence and anger even for a seemingly just cause will not lead to anything good.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Maybe he meant that blacks are too busy murdering each other to form a decent cult of personality?
But you are right, fuck that right side of history racist cunt.

streamable.com/7s8q3
im pickel reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It's not as bad as people round here like to make out. There's maybe 2 shitty episodes, most of it is as good as the early seasons, a couple of great episodes in there too.

Don't memeburgers realise you can just buy bottles of Szechuan sauce?

Literally chink tier turboplebs.

This is legitimately more cringe-inducing that anything any of you have done here. Almost makes me not miserable about spending so much time on here.

what a great image

plebbit are freaking out its glorious

Saved

honestly every season has 2 great eps and 2 shitty eps and 6 bretty good eps

S1
>Int Cable
>Split timelines

S2
>memory parasites
>tiny verse

S3
>tales from the citadel
>Mortys mindblowers

This is a pretty good point. Plenty of people enjoy something without wearing the team colors or getting super mad when their team loses. There's always extremists in something and they are awful.

friendly reminder that everyone whos getting riled up over this video is a butthurt redditor

If you like Rick n Morty I suggest you watch that video of the guy who finds out theyre out of sauce and jumps on the counter yelling IM PICKLE RICK REEEEE before naruto running out

You are a fan of the same content just for different reasons just like he is...

you just know it was a Sup Forums poster

Usually happens when a show hits the mainstream, usually that season isn't so bad. It'll be season 4 that will be bad if it's gonna follow trends of show quality dipping after it hits the mainstream.

This is great, autists don't even understand he's ironic

I hate the show and fanbase but your logic is so far off it makes you look more stupid than the fans.

He's ironic, you fucking autist

He did a naruto run out of there, of course it was a fucking joke

Don't worry sometimes they take a break from Rick and morty posting to play the "I'm not Sup Forums, you're Sup Forums" game. It's a lot of fun, here I'll start. Haha fuck off back to Sup Forums, see it's fun now you try.

They're becoming self aware though

When did it go mainstream? i remember back in 2014 when most hardly knew about this show.

>pandering to stupid people=exploitation

Come on now

I did that, been trying to divide and conquer the fanbase

>Violence and anger even for a seemingly just cause will not lead to anything good.
So when there's a real issue going on I guess just talk it through right? Let's just talk Kim into handing those nukes over. Let's just dispose the entire military, we don't need them. Their violence and anger will lead to nothing good. Really though, how do you even dress yourself in the morning?

If modern army would act using "violence and anger" as their primary plan, then almost nothing successful would come out of it

>Violence and anger even for a seemingly just cause will not lead to anything good
The french revolution disagrees

>Giving polygon views
archive.is/A2f53

I see your point, but let's not be edgelords here.
Not cuddling stupid people is probably the right thing to do, but actively using their stupidity to further your anarchocommunist vanity project bullshit is still not cool.

>that woman scared shitless hugging her child

ahahaha

no, Justin Roiland is THE REAL problem

This incident and the "commentary" around it is peak banality. Sites like Polygon will of course bemoan capitalism... except when it signals agreeable social politics.

Is the idea of not talking to creepy older men on the internet totally foreign to this generation?

I remember I first heard about this show from Sup Forums back when season one started. Its crazy what it turned into, who woulda thought

Nu-males will always lose in the end. Their taste begins and ends at asinine pop-culture and they are repulsive to women.

lol these fat manbabys making excuses for being called manbabys. HURR DURR DINT FUN OF MUH REK N MORPY IF U DONT UNDERSTAND

I just had to look at the thumbnail lol

that looks pretty delish

You know why I didn't care for Rick and Morty in the very first season when I saw it? It was because it was pretty obviously largely improved. I don't hate improv, I actually really like it in the right setting, but it just seems silly in cartoon format because it's obviously still edited and goes through a pass of editing afterward, so it feels cheapened from actual live improv where once it's out it's out.
Fast forward a few years and people think this show that is largely just shit that the 1.5 voice actors come up with on the spot is somehow genius and intelligent. Spontaneous off the cuff riffing.

French Revolution was like the modern historical template for why raging mob rule is retarded are you fucking serious.

i bet hes in his 30s too

Alright, which one of you faggots did this?
youtu.be/E-GxDqtP4Vc

>The show is legitimately funny

t. Reddit

me

There's that word again

What I don't get is all the hype for this sauce. Like in the show it is a reference to some shitty food in the late 90s or whatever. Just a joke but now its seen as the second coming of Christ. When in reality its fucking shitty dipping sauce from mcdonalds, so why the hype?

because you don't have a high enough IQ
only high IQ people understand how important it is to get this sauce from Mcdonalds

>all those R&M fags mad about the video
If they know it's ironic why are they so assblasted

i wonder how justin roiland feels knowing he could make the absolute most asinine garbage and still have these fucking autismal sheep fans parrot it and get tattoos of it
>make pickle rick as a dumb thing saying its his character arc for the season
>everyone goes mental, gets pickle rick tattoos, quoting it and thinking its the fucking most kino apex of comedy
>people unironically say shit like the TO BE FAIR pasta or think you need a 4 digit iq to watch the show
>when the whole point is that rick is supposed to be an unfunny, destructive asshole who is hypercompetent to the point that youre supposed to hate him
>when the whole point is that you empathize with morty's family for having to put up with an obnoxious, nihilistic asshole who constantly puts them in destructive situation
>but fuck that HAHA PICKLE RICK XDDDD WUBBA LUBBBA POOPY FUCK SHIT GOD ISNT REAL MHARTI is all thats ever mentioned

Just mix tangy bbq and sweet & sour.

>The french revolution disagrees

Please read the following in a timey old announcer voice

ARE YOU A CRINGE INDUCING PSEUDO-INTELLECTUAL MILLENNIAL?

IS THE ONLY WAY YOU SHOW YOUR LIKE OF SOMETHING BUYING THEMED TSHIRTS- HAVING THEMED WEDDINGS- AND JUST GENERAL CONSUMPTION?

DO YOU LIKE TO SOCIALIZE WITH OTHER CRINGE INDUCING MILLENNIAL BUT ONLY IN THE CONTEXT OF WHAT YOU CONSUME?!

WELL THEN HAVE WE JUST A SERIES FOR YOU CHA CHA CHA CHAA CHA

FEATURING ALL YOUR INSECURITIES ABOUT YOUR OWN FUTURE AND INTELLIGENCE MANIFESTED IN A FICTIONAL FUCKING CHARACTER!

WITH ALL THE PSEUDO-HEAVY THEMES LIKE: LOVE, DEATH, DEPRESSION, DIVORCE, AND OTHER THEMES THAT YOUR TWENTY-SOMETHING MIND REALLY CANNOT RELATE TO GIVEN YOUR SHELTERED WHITE EXISTENCE BUT WILL PRETEND TO ANYWAY JUST TO VALIDATE YOUR OWN PATHETIC EXISTENCE!?

WELL COME ON DOWN THEN AND WATCH RICK AND MORTY!

THE ONLY SHOW EVER TO HAVE SUCH A STUPID AND RABID FANBASE THAT IT MAKES LITERALLY EVERY OTHER FAN BASE IN EXISTENCE LOOK NORMAL.

CHA CHA CHA!

>French Revolution led to something good
>Country got so fuckass twisted that they literally worshipped the guy who brought back the good old monarchy even in death.
I mean I guess it led to something good, just like how a cell at the dawn of Earth's history figuring out how to divide itself led to "something good" eventually.