TOMBOY #9

TOMBOY #9
Get ready for lore
Soundtrack: youtube.com/watch?v=xLS8aohg7yQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jxIoYNj3B5I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sweet Addison wearing a pink dress

Not sure how I feel about this direction they're going.

Sigh and wait
The'll probably continue the story beyond 12 issues

Can Addy be happy with her zombie waifu please?

In this issue? No way

À suivre
youtube.com/watch?v=jxIoYNj3B5I

BTW we need good scans of the alternative covers

come on Sup Forums

I don't know what the fuck is going on in this comic anymore.

I kind of like the high fantasy-esque "go big or go home" approach about explaining the powers, but I worry that it'll become too big and too sprawling for the writers to keep in control

I don't like the exposition since it feels needlessly grandiose once you add in the whole secretly ruling the world part. All you ever needed were some crazy shaman families.
I'm still reserving the final judgement on that con since I feel like Trent's power is going to be something absurd that makes it entirely reasonable that those with her power set out to rule the world.

What story do you think you are reading?

>"Do you feel like a hero yet?"

Fucking finally

She looks so evil magical girl when in that dress

Oh fuck off, at least let Owen get out of this. His mother is pure evil, but he's just a good kid who had his waifu taken from him.

Full velocity right from the start.

It's finally the magical girl story it promised all along.

Nice choice of music, Frenchanon.

I think the exposition is a bit lame and it fucks with the pacing of the comic which seemed to have build towards a peak with the Jessica abducted issue, but since then has actually slowed down.

I wouldn't worry too much about interfering with the conclusion: this is a plot the writer has had floating around for a while and I think it'll be set up to end appropriately within its 12 issues, unless Action Lab have demanded an extension.

I think I would have preferred like 6 issues of compact super tense slasher action with Addison and then maybe something more loosely connected and more conceptual, but I'm still very happy with the comic and would be happy with a continuation. It's a riff on the kinda magical girl anime much better than a lot of the bland-ass shit we got this year and last.

Tomboy gets me in a mood to listen to music like that, I asociate a lot of songs with this comic

I do think the editors required the series to be extended because of the sucess. Tomboy was never announced asa mini, at least not officially, I can imagine it going for almost 30 issues

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Netflix series when?

this bitch
can create her own 'threads of fate' in order to stack coincidences in her favor. see
I think her plan is to manipulate Addisson into killing every other person that's tainted then an hero, removing every possible threat to her power

I believed it was intended as 12 issues. Has it already been extended beyond that?

Ghost Waifu and no.

I wonder if the magic is real.

We don't really see it from the perspective of anyone who doesn't die and isn't dead.

Its still possible that instead of Elder gods this is all something like the Goblin formula except in plants (ie makes you superhuman but crazy)

dr lady just teleported.

I missed the last issue, but I would say this issue clearly defines it as real actual magic. Not just delusion.

After eight issues of mostly mucking about we get an exposition dump about magic 'n shit?

Weaksauce, I gotta say.

I'm 95% sure it's real magic but I'll hold onto the last 5 till we have someone who isn't psychotic see the plant thing.

bump

Didn't the police see it when she killed those guys in the warehouse?

Yeah. I'm not sure how user completely missed that.

her husbando was a ghost. her waifu is more of a zombie

Newp. She's way more cadaver-like and corpsey. She's a zombie.

Somebody pls make more reaction images

Can't wait till next issue. fucking love this comic.

I thought she was meant to be a plant girl

Nah. She's corpse blue. She most definitely is supposed to resemble a dead drowned body.

This is my issue. It was way better when it was just about an insane chick fighting a crazy bitch. Playing it from her crazy perspective would have been fine too. But making it magic, just ruins a lot of it.

Is Addison even crazy? If the ghosts and shit she's seeing are all real (her murder-vines certainly seem to be real) then no, she's not, she's just a (cute teen) killer.

At least for me "she's not crazy" is landing as weakly as "she was crazy all along" usually would.

The police guy dies. Trust only the survivors I've seen too many works do the "That wasn't the victims POV :^)" to fall for it.

But yeah that's why I say probably really magic.

But even the coroners were finding plant matter shoved up their asses. She left behind actual physical evidence of what she was doing.

This; they specifically pointed out that the mystery killer punched a huge hole in that one dude's torso.

And we know the killer is a skinny teenage girl. How could she possibly do that except by the suggested magic murder vines?