Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of this film?

Now that the dust has settled, what did you think of this film?

Did it really deserve Best Picture?

it's genuinely really good

It deserved to win it for being an amazing film, but if we're being honest it was mostly due to identity politics, similar to 12YAS.

>same year as Hell Or Hi-
Nope

I really enjoyed it even though the last act felt out of place. Also that chopped and screwed version of Classic Man was fantastic imo. I don't think it would have won if it wasn't for politics though

this, its legitimately kino. Shame the oscars incident is where it got its popularity

no boyhood should've won

Deserved it more than La La Land

Isn't this movie just about a gay nigger? Why would Sup Forums like this but hate Neon Demon? What the fuck, you faggots?

Absolute kino

Yes

Genuinely a really good film

Sup Forums will hate it because of the subject matter because muh joos and muh sjw

DUDE WONG KAR WAI LMAO

>Why would Sup Forums like this but hate Neon Demon?

Sup Forums here

I like both

La La Land was way better.

Yes, it was excellent. Staggeringly intimate.

>Did it really deserve Best Picture?
No. Not a bad movie but affirmative action was clearly involved.

It's a good film, I don't think it deserved Best Picture, but then I don't give much credence to the Academy's opinions anymore, it's irrelevant to me.

It has some beautiful moments, the gaps in between dialogue say just as much as any words could, the subtleties in the acting are superb and deserve a lot of credit.

I don't think visually it was all that impressive, the direction was about average, but the narrative was compelling and to the point enough that it didn't define it.

6/10, worth watching.

Not the best fill of the year but I think it died deserve the Oscar if that makes sense.

WRONG.

>Isn't this movie just about a gay nigger?
It is but it's done appropriately. It's not preachy and genuinely makes you empathetic.
>Why would Sup Forums like this but hate Neon Demon?
But we do like Neon Demon, user.

Emotionally dishonest and mediocre.

legitimate kino, so was la la land