JSA Storytime: Captain Atom

Surely this will be a fairly written and unbiased by authorial favoritism issue

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

adventuresinpoortaste.com/2016/12/28/supergirl-being-super-1-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what was good today because I didn't read shit

I heard the last issue of CW2 was fucking horrible

you know, Batman shouldn't really phase Major Force, and he *knows* Katana could kick his ass

Zemo was good in Cap. Avril and Wendell showed up too. Deathstroke's still good, Priest introduced a guy named Dr. Villain.

Hulk was surpringly good. Captain Hydra had some disturbingly cute stuff with kid!Zemo and Steve, and weirdly enough Heinrich.

Meanwhile Zub's talking about killing off team members in the letter section of Buckybolts.

Also by and large the Love is Love comic seems pretty decent and I'm glad it was made + benefits a good cause - but man some of those 1 page comics are just weird. There's one about Zeus??

Gotta raise readership somehow. Not like he can kill off Bucky.

The final issue if CW2 was awful enough to get universally panned. Ulysses literally pulled a Poochie.

>Zub's talking about killing off team members
time for the knives to come out

sigh

Deathstroke, Mother Panic, All-Star Batman, Uncanny Avengers, Hulk

I'm scanning the storytime and those amazing EXTRA PAGES are basically ads for upcoming other comics?

Why can't the government team just stop the asteroid?

I am at the point where I'll be glad when that mess finally gets cancelled.

CW2 a shit. Ulysses my husbando though so it got me really excited for the possibility of Ewing writing him.

>not muh Nate, although he's not being too stupid yet

I'm assuming he's going to tie into upcoming cosmic stuff. Ewing wrote his mini, right?

If they are, I wonder if it'll still be Aaron writing the Loki vs. Thor thing. Be interested how he holds up retreading that.

Waller's seen some shit

CW2 was actual garbage.
Not just the last issue, but the entire thing.
NOTHING got resolved. Just.. things happened.

Also wew, the Love is love threads sure are something.

Matt Bomer wrote a pretty implicated Bruce/Dick one though

like, good something or...

I don't quite have the cope to dig into that much thread

Think the opposite of good

it's cedar season, and I can't just go "spend a month in bed" any more

Yeah, I'll skip that dumpster fire

>I'm assuming he's going to tie into upcoming cosmic stuff.
Fingers crossed!
>Ewing wrote his mini, right?
Correct.

God fucking damn it it's Quasar all over again.

This is after that one time Kyle decapitated Major Force, right? I always get iffy on Kyle chronology.

Deathstroke was good

Hal & Pals was alright

Yeah what the fuck is up with that Zeus page? dude turned into animals to fuck chicks, I don't think that's the kind of love the title was talking about

It lends itself to that "guys/girls are fucking each other! next they'll be fucking animals!" line to.

Dude also picked up pretty beardless boys

And I mean, come ON, we know Nate, we know he knows actual military law, this is Batman telling him shit he already knows.

Shouldn't Peej be exactly as strong/fast as Supes? I get favoritism, but... That seems like kind of a big thing to overlook. Like the sort of thing that current Marvel editorial would let pass.

yeah but I think that's the opposite of what most lgbt writers are going for

>Dude also picked up pretty beardless boys
somehow they neglected to mention Ganymede

note comment on the OP

LEXED

At least Nate gets one moment.

There is more, although it's....well, we'll get there

if I don't pass out at my desk

LOl who the fuck are these guys

(skipping the rest of that preview)

at least it's not a NAARGH

OH SHIT SON SURPRISE JSA

look at how peeved they all are

That bowl cut is not doing PG any favors

Alan looks like his base level of cranky, but Jay looks pretty pissed

thanks for the tits joke, Jeph

Well it's not like people care about Peeg for any other reasons

Needs to take some fashion tips from Guy.

no, Hawkman's essential advantage is that he knows weapons and loves them tenderly, and he seems to not really feel pain or maybe just not care

;____;

Is it too much to hope they've been thrown into the future?

Snotgirl was fucking insane. That ending, man. I'm not sure where O'Malley is planning to take this series but I'm in for the long run.

I expected to hate Snotgirl but I'm loving it so far
idk how I feel about that but I'm in for the ride

EDDIE NO

>Clark is taking Hawkman somewhere else, but not in the ASTRONAUT COWGIRL style this time

P Craig Russel did a love is love page

Man, FUCK Hush Returns. What an awful fucking story that was.

well he could be astronaut cowboy'ing him, it's hard to tell at superspeed

LOL

I'm definitely interested to see what the mystery ends up like. Sense of paranoia in it is really good.

Fuck Hush in general

That's a shitty character I don't get why people like

Even in Dini's stuff he's the weakest part

always here for some PCR

I feel they could have nailed down a more pun-y title.

Oh fuck I gotta to to my LCS tomorrow for SP/DW

I thought it was a pun on Batman Returns, but that would be giving the hack writer too much credit.

there was also this delightfully awful review of Supergirl: Being Super, that was all "I can't fap to it! Nooo!"

Fuck yeah JSA!

... That's the appropriate reaction, right?

How is PCR's Ring book?

100%

>tfw the Red Skull ahegao'ed Quicksilver

Whew.

There was a lot of that in the Hulk leak storytime.

He was pretty nervous that a book about a teenage girl was aimed at teenage girls instead of him, yeah

that was one self absorbed review

Gorgeous, a few really weird choices but I'm nitpicky on things like that; pretty straightforward in terms of adapting the narrative

I like it, it's a very faithful adaptation. If you like stuff that deviates more from the source material there's also Alex Alice's Siegfried (which is fairly faithful as well, all things considered).

It's amazing how pretentious the "it's my waifu and I want to fuck her" sentiment can get.

To be fair it mostly seemed to be one shitposter shitting up the thread.

link?

adventuresinpoortaste.com/2016/12/28/supergirl-being-super-1-review/

"I can only really enjoy things that are explicitly written for my phallocentric perspective and gratification. Why are you looking at me like that?"

>But more than merely such, I’m referring to the whole host of sensibilities endemic (if not exclusive) to masculinity, an indescribable je ne sais quoi that Loeb’s Supergirl has in spades and Mariko Tamaki’s lacks any hint of.

ahhhh, the sexy Huntress costume.

I couldn't make it through that review and I didn't even like the book.

>Look, all I'm saying is those underage girls weren't drawn sexy enough!

I have no opinions on the book, but that review is gonna get pulled out the next time someone wants an example of "shitty opinions about comics"

LOL u got trolled

Hey look, it's Cir-El! Anybody remember her? Anybody...?

No? She's never been as strong or skilled as Supes.

The tongue-rape begs to differ.

Could you imagine it reversed? That's the whole substance of the article too. He gets "book is fine, good even" out of the way and then goes on and on.

I guess it'd be like me reviewing some punchfest action book and going on about how there's no domestic scenes/dialogue involving feelings, or some shit like that

Heart of Hush was my favorite arc from Dini's 'Tec.

>Couldn't this be with Power Girl?
Honestly, while this is obviously a horndog comment, it's not such a wrong sentiment. I mean, Conner and Cir are practically siblings, whereas, if I'm not mistaken, this was back when Peeg's conection to Supes was dubious at best. I doubt Loeb was thinking about that when he wrote this scene though.

>Lex grabs a metal pole
>fap

Haha, is that a comment you would be likely to make? I was just thinking like "This Damian book is fine, but he doesn't look fuckable enough"

Yeah, we already know he's got the PEEJ IS FOR TITS line down pat

>This Super Sons book is fine and all but Jon could really be drawn a bit sexier

That's literally going to be Sup Forums when Supersons comes out and they aren't shirtless every two pages

I haven't read much Loeb desu but def more in favor of moments like Krypto fights the super-SWAT and Metallo passive-aggressively buries Supes and Bats with a digger arm, on the whole.

>Sure, they shared a shirtless hug in issue #2 but it really wasn't that homoerotic. Who is this book even FOR?

Okay, we've seen this kind of thing before

oh goddammit, it's true

I was just thinking like what a possible inverse situation would be.

At least we know we're shit.

anyone remember THIS?

A comic book series starring Matt Fraction?! Say it ain't so!

I do not remember that
What is it?