karlhadrika.tumblr.com/post/153938329229/becky-prim-questions
vimeo.com/111759145
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Link for the uneducated
youtube.com/watch?v=YcchrgJgryo
>make like a tree and get the fuck off my bench
genuine 10/10 jokes in this short

This is our thread now

I hope this gets picked up, though I think any kind of economical art design would ruin the feeling. Frankly the writing could save it, I think.

Something about this short really sat on my mind all day.

This thread is emphatically mine

I want to impregnate Becky

I want to be that bench

What's up with all the shilling that this thing gets here?

Just color in the animatics and I'm satisfied.

It's really fucking good.

The fact that there is almost no art of Ello is a crime against humanity.

You really need to stop shilling this.

The voices make this really hard to sit through.

Never mind art, she hardly even got much screen time.

LOOK MA I MADE THE SAME THREAD AGAIN TODAY!

Look dude, either get this produced or make something new. Stop posting it here.

>Becky Primm gets picked up
>Network executives decide to be cheap and say "animated this shit in flash in a tube arm style"
>"No wait, I have a better idea, and it'll be even cheaper..."
>Becky Primm never becomes an animation, it airs as a kind of voiced comic
That's so crazy it might actually work.

Most of them sound like stereotypical impressions of a gay guy

Let's see that ass crack

I want to smother my face in her knock off jeans wearing butt

Ello's voice is bland as fuck and the person who voiced jessica did a very good job.
Becky's voice is meh, i can see why you wouldn't like it

I like Ello's voice.
No it isn't.
Flash is pretty much bare minimum you can get away with. Even people who don't give a shit about animation will think airing a polished animatic is cheap and lazy. Even if the artists do go the extra mile and try to make up for all the short comings....wouldn't that be ironic.

Another dime in your bank account, eh?

>I like Ello's voice
So you like the "literally nothing worth mentioning" voice but you don't like the one that is the perfect incarnation of a female teenager who smokes?

> "literally nothing worth mentioning" voice
She's voiced by a woman from Singapore, and has accent, that's worth mentioning.

Source: karlhadrika.tumblr.com/post/153938329229/becky-prim-questions

There is only one voice actor

Actually, there's only two.

I didn't say Becky wasn't worth mentioning I was just defending Ello. Ello's voice communicates shy and mousy very well. It fits her character.
There's atleast two.

>accusing board-related content of "shilling"

This isn't Sup Forums. Don't post this shit again.

Yeah, but the person who voiced them put more effort on some characters compared to others

I guess, maybe i just don't like her character, short fat shy girl in a sweater hits too many tropes in my book.

That's what I'm saying!

>Flash is pretty much bare minimum you can get away with. Even people who don't give a shit about animation will think airing a polished animatic is cheap and lazy.
Animatics often look better than the end product. This is because flash cartoons often re-use the same drawings over and over and over, and by definition, an animatic constantly has new drawings. Compare the animatics of Producing Parker or The Nutshack to the final product.

>Producing Parker
Wow somebody else saw that

You wouldn't happen to have a link for an animatic would Ya?

vimeo.com/111759145

Neat

A side by side analysis, just what I hope for

Thats a damn clean looking animatic compared to say, a Futurama one I remember from years ago

I liked this. A lot. The character designs, the voices, the jokes, it's fucking A+ tier for a pilot animatic. And one guy made this? Holy shit, man.

It's not an entirely fair comparison for two reasons:
1) Storyboards use exaggerated expressions so that the animators are more likely to understand how the characters are supposed to feel
2) Pinoy animation is just not that appealing outside of the Philippines.

It's still a shame because the expressions are drawn far better in the board, and the final product is just off-putting in comparison.

I wasn't sure that was Parker until I saw the next post

That's pretty different

The animation in Producing Parker isn't that bad even, it's just the faces that are fucked up. The eyes, noses, mouths are all influenced by Pinoy "design aesthetics" in the final product, and I really wonder if the show might've done better had it been animated anywhere else

Daily reminder Becky is actually delicious brown

It's because the guy who made it browses Sup Forums and his ego requires that he post it every single fucking day.

i see you're trying to make a new meme here

>artists coming to Sup Forums to shill their shit is a meme now

Are you new here? This has been a thing for a long time.

she looks better with white hair

I disagree, she is perfect in that image.

This was only ok at best so why are people still talking about it?

i see you're choosing to continue this meme

i advice you discontinue such actions

I fucking hate becky. She's a mary sue in disguise.

When's the faggot artist going to at least draw more of this bitch

The first posts are always about Beckys ass, so this thread, like Creepy susie threads, are just attempts into getting lewds and other waifushit
It's failing only because Becky Prim is from a demo that hasn't been picked up yet, so OP keeps making them so she doesn't end up irrelevant and he can get his lewds

I advise you to stop shilling lame animatics.

You continuing this meme

Unfortunately i cannot stop you from forcing a meme as is Sup Forums culture so i'd just say "i shiggy diggy"

Does this mean the guy of the two voice actors did everyone else besides Ello? Because the preppy girls' voices were pretty convincing if that was from a man.

>any post I don't like is a meme

Jeez, this place sucks.

Hating threads about cartoons in Sup Forums is a bad way to be happy

>that fat sit

You call this a cartoon? More like a sad attempt to get discovered.

Go away Karl Hadrika. You're not fooling anyone.

I wonder if the creator knows about these threads

He's the one posting them.

Have you gotten off Yet?

Good move making the hair brown. Also posting like the same thread over and over usually isn't the best way to get views. Sup Forums isn't even a big audience. It's like two thousand people, only 200 of which actually throw money at anything

>You will never be mindbroken by nightmarish visions of being smothered by ghost ass

Childhood is wanting Becky to sit on your face, adulthood is realising that you want Jessie to bite your dick.

This will never, (say it with me now) EVER be picked up as a series.

And I don't say that with malice, I thought it was pretty funny, but let's be realistic about this.

The style alone is wrong for television. What's "in" is simple shapes, bean mouths, noodle arms or just straight up flash style animation.

This is drawn too fully. It's an ungainly mix of realistic anatomy and Butch Hartman expressions. Maybe it's just the fact that this isn't a finished cartoon but just sketches drawn in photoshop but these poses all look too loose and flowy with no solid structure underneath.

Second, this isn't a viable pilot for a series. I'm not saying that the way execs decide on which pilots will go to series has artistic merit but again, let's be realistic.

This doesn't give any indication about what the series would be about. Is Becky going to be ghost for the whole series or will it return to the status quo after this? This doesn't give a good enough indication of what future adventures will be like. What will a typical episode be about? What is the format here?

I wouldn't be nitpicking the shit out of this if the creator didn't tout this as a 'pilot' implying she would hope to have a series made. If this were just an unfinished short she made than none of this would matter. She can draw and write however she wants. But if she's looking to get this made a series? I can't imagine any studio picking this up. And that's not entirely her fault, television networks want safe shows.

Nothing against Becky or her creator but this will never be a series. But hopefully the exposure of this will lead to a great career in the industry.

That's actually a pretty sobering assessment of the animatic, user. Very astute and even-handed of you.

After 2 seconds of research, I discovered the person who made this is a man who has worked at several major animation studios.

This guy's got nothing to lose.

I assumed this was made by a chick cuz it's about bad bitches. Can't believe I just assumed gender like that. I'm going to jail.

>After 2 seconds of research
Whoa, calm down PROFESSOR

you obviously don't know how the animation industry works and are just making shitty presumptions.

i'm bored so i'll break it down for you

>the style alone is wrong

this is a shockingly stupid thing to say. there are plenty of styles that are suitable for tv animation. it's all about if the designs would work as 2d puppets and these designs are great. the style isn't even very experimental, as in, there have been shows in the past that have had similar styles. off the top of my head billy and mandy and john k stuff. having interesting visuals is only going to help a proof of concept get picked up. contrary to your ill conceived notions of the animation industry, even for tv animation, innovation is always the key, but with tv it's about doing it in a cost efficient way. hence puppets.

>this is drawn too fully. ungainly mix of anatomy and blah blah blah

says fucking who? some stranger on the internet? the style is great. its not even a matter of opinion, the style is very appealing and has a lot of potential for fun, cartoony acting

> Maybe it's just the fact that this isn't a finished cartoon but just sketches drawn in photoshop but these poses all look too loose and flowy with no solid structure underneath.

this is an animatic. of course it's not going to be fully cleaned and for the most part the drawings are solid and communicate clearly

regarding it being a viable pilot, from the creator himself:

>Nah. I’ve written an epilogue for the pilot that resets the narrative playing field… more or less. The series wouldn’t even necessarily be strictly supernatural- but It WOULD follow Becky’s character and the obsession of adolescent triviality- to whatever dark territory that entails…
>Fun fact: this pilot episode was actually written as a season finale, but it was my favorite story idea (at the time), so I went with it.

he took the script he felt most strongly about and further developed it into an animatic. contd.

you as a viewer can enjoy it as a fully contained story.

the questions youre asking the creator has thought about in immense detail. so much so that he's written it seems several episodes. an entire season's worth. don't worry about it.

>tout this as a pilot implying she would hope to have a series made

it's a proof of concept. as in HE would show this to executives and have a pitch package and a presentation to go along with it to explain the world and the stories that would take place and whatever else the suits would have questions about.

>this will never be a series

based on your.. zero knowledge of the industry? please sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. there are so many asshats on this board who think they know how anything works and the truth of the matter is you don't.

regarding this being safe.. this is pretty safe. this is basically if mandy from grim adventures grew up. that's not to say it's not good or fun or original but it's definitely within the realm of expectations.

also if you're going to be so smarmy about your baseless opinions at least open your fucking eyes and read the creator's name, which is not only on the video you saw but is also the name of the youtube account and it's also in the description of the video

>It's an ungainly mix of realistic anatomy and Butch Hartman expressions.

First off, NOTHING about that was realistic in the slightest. It's purposefully exaggerated and cartoonish for comedic effect. Second, it's almost nothing like Butch Hartman's work. I can see John K, maybe even J. Vazquez, but Hartman? I just don't see it.

>What's "in" is simple shapes, bean mouths, noodle arms or just straight up flash style animation

You are aware that there is more to cartoons then the CalArts meme, right? It's like you know absolutely nothing about animation yet you're giving your 2 cents anyway.

>This doesn't give any indication about what the series would be about.

The fact that the pilot never treated death as such a big deal made it clear that it's a Dexter's Lab situation in that there will be absolutely no continuity. It does however, give you a good feel for the show and what to expect from it. Take Space Dandy for example. It had its protagonists die in the first episode solely to establish that continuity is loose at best and just treat it as as comedy. I wouldn't be surprised if this was trying to go for the same thing.

Isn't that the point of this board? To post baseless opinions and get into arguments with other self righteous anons?

I don't see the similarity to Billy and Mandy or John K. Both those shows were based heavily on Hanna Barbera, the first made-for-tv cartoons. The episodes of Ren and Stimpy that were really well animated were late and over budget. Television animation is almost always extremely limited and the creators have to work to create something unique within the strict requirements of the budget and deadline.

That said, most pilots change their look before going to series but this would need a drastic overhaul to create a more economic style.

This is fine short but I can't see this being a successful pilot. I hope this guy gets something made but I doubt we'll ever see a cartoon drawn in his personal style on tv. It's just not an economical style for television. I stand by that. Sorry mate.

>It's like you know absolutely nothing about animation yet you're giving your 2 cents anyway
>Sup Forums

>dat rule 63 Bradley Uppercrust III

Good thing my style was centrally designed around having a decent flash puppet. I guess that's why that kid was an ultra jelly belly

>Isn't that the point of this board? To post baseless opinions and get into arguments with other self righteous anons?

only if you're a fucking idiot who's content with festering stagnation

>I don't see the similarity to Billy and Mandy or John K.

>compares it to butch hartman

you're just wrong.

>the episodes of Ren and Stimpy that were really well animated were late and over budget.

the industry has changed a lot since then. i don't understand why you'd even mention ren and stimpy, outside of the context of similar visuals. tv animation is almost completely rigged at this point. becky prim wouldn't be any different.

>That said, most pilots change their look before going to series but this would need a drastic overhaul to create a more economic style.

the style is fine. it's great. it would be RIGGED regardless of the style. the animatic that you saw is loose because that's how storyboards work.

>This is fine short but I can't see this being a successful pilot

you also have zero knowledge of the industry and fail to see the bigger picture which is that the story is what's going to get the show on air and the style while not be in your personal taste is objectively good and very suitable for animation

now that I know I can just tween my show it's going to be done in a few months. I hope this Becky primm fellow can keep up. I relish the competition so I won't c&d you. We should honestly work together bro, I'll do the inbetweens for your show of you help ,e animate mine. I can also colour and everything if you hand me a storyboard. hand me a storyboard and I will ship you the finished animation ready for lip work. We can have 1 season finished just me and you by July. Don't hire too many people. we're trying to compete with the major studios, not become one.

*if you help me animate mine

... K-Karl?

you're doing what now?

Nah dude, I'm Canadian. The kid I went to school with was a mega salt shaker u know?

I watched all of the Producing Parker episodes a couple weeks ago and that was the one thing I really disliked about that show. The faces just had this creepy feel to them that was especially weird when first starting the series, but something I got used to.

It's amazing how even though the movement was limited in this animatic that they were able to portray Jessie as a slightly unhinged popular girl based on movements alone. Even just watching the way her mouth moves when she talks you can get that from her. The animator on this did a really great job.

EVERYONE IS A SHILL
EVERYTHING IS BAIT

Laaaaaameeee another waifu bait FOTM by Sup Forums

Cool beans, but can you at least give a basic idea of what you're working on?

The animation is impressive, and I would definitely enjoy seeing a fully polished coloured version of this, however; the voices are beyond unbearable. I had to watch most of it on mute just to appreciate the art.

sorry meight I iust like spilling Sup Forums trash everywhere