What is the "Cow Tools" of Television & Film?

What is the "Cow Tools" of Television & Film?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Larson's_Tales_from_the_Far_Side
youtube.com/watch?v=MFQLMHuofmA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TDKR

Sup Forums is too young to get this reference.

I dont; get it

I rest my case.

BvS.
Looks like capeshit but that isn't the point of it.

can someone explain the comic

kys

I actually had the book where he explained the comic, so I know a bit about this. The point is, that if a cow could make tools, they would be very weird. That is it. As Larson said, however, he messed up when he drew one of the tools to look like a saw, and people were actually trying to figure out what the tools were, which was besides the point of the comic

If cows could make tools those are some of the tools they would make. That's all there is to it. When it was published in the newspaper readers went crazy trying to figure out the deeper meaning and it caused a stir. There is no deeper meaning, those are cow tools.

The cat has your pipe

Nice reddit copy paste, faggot

>get btfo
>b-b-\ut you're r-reddit
Allow me to reiterate: kill yourself.

>be me
>six years old in 1988
>get first three far side collections as birthday gift from uncle
>read them
>don't get the jokes
>forget about them
>later, 1996
>going to college
>cleaning out shit from parents house
>find books
>read them
>don't get the jokes
>forget about them

unironically this

>I cant think for myself so I use year old reddit comments to think for me

I genuinely feel sorry for you.

It's 2017, try it again.
All your years of wisdom and knowledge might finally get them.

>>be me
No fucking shit?

Kek you're fucked kid

>I actually had the book where he explained the comic
Oh really, nice dude, what book is there of Gary Larson where he writes about his comics and about this particular one as well?
Fuck off.

>google question
>find answer
>paste answer
HOLY SHIT MINDBLOWING

>be me
>be 2017
>be on Sup Forums
>think about telling you to fuck off
>tell you to fuck off
fuck off

Now you're seeing how retarded this is.

>fuel 77 sqrt(6-3)
what?

Twin Peaks The Return episode 8.

>the time is 10:35
why.....

Retard.

??

Man I have that and some Calvin and Hobbes books stored away. I really need to dig those out and read them again.

imagine a world before the internet where a comic like this could become so widely distributed and people would obsess about it to this extent, people clearly didnt have a lot to do back then. if someone like Larson started drawing these today he'd stuck on some blog and get nowhere.

The Far Side > Rick and Morty

The Far Side was literally in most of the newspapers in the country and people loved to read the comics section.

Some Gary Larson stuff were really cool and I always wanted to see if it can be turned into a game, an animation or a sitcom

Though I know it's going to be distorted

The 80s were so much better, nothing will ever come close. I often wonder why the key holders don't just launch all the nukes, are they holding out for a time machine?

There was an animated special, I remember watching it.

> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Larson's_Tales_from_the_Far_Side

The personification of comfy.

youtube.com/watch?v=MFQLMHuofmA

that's fucking brilliant

>The Red Green show
Theres nothing more accurate

Those daughters were hot af

Ma' could get it too.

B T F O
T
F
O

I first read it as "Physics Conference" and thought it was making a different joke entirely.

Personal favorite.

My parents actually had this book and I remember reading about cow tools years before the internet took off. Reddit answer guy could have been me dammit.

Wait is this show actually good? Looks like a leaf version of home improvement

storng woman have always ruled the world

Cows make cow pies
This cow is turning his pies into tools
That's it.

Cows themselves being THE tool/

>Be me
>lurking Sup Forums on a Monday night
>see this newfag who doesn't understand greentext format
>call him a newfag
Newfag
>continue lurking

Birds make tools. Wouldn't it be funny if cows did too.

>implying you know how to greentext

>his Dad didn't have a copy of the Far Side anthology

Probably this. At the very least it is cow tools for Sup Forums

More.

>I'm a man
>but I can change
>If I have to
>I guess.
One of the few things that justify their continued existence of the leaf to be honest.

The tools were supposed to just look unusable. His mistake was making one tool resemble a real tool (the saw), and people thought that the other tools must also resemble tools

>can someone explain the comic
No, that's the point.

Should have gotten Prime.

this

The alarm clock scene is like some Lynchian horror scene.

I don't get this one at all. I could see why someone would put a single drop of an acid on someone's neck as a prank, but I don't see why the act of someone doing this would be a punchline for a comic.

what does it mean?

Ted Knight & David Lynch.. you just blew my mind.

time stamp?

>I could see why someone would put a single drop of an acid on someone's neck as a prank
I'm pretty sure that's just because of more modern culture

WHERE'S THE JOKE FUCKLEY?

I never found humor in Farside comics. However I do enjoy looking at them, it's very weird.

Fuck that, what is The Bus of Television & Film?

I don't get this comparison. It's just a dumb joke that's easy to get.
"Chuck's Fuck and Suck"

Oh, I think I get it now. I was assuming a single drop of hydrochloric acid would just make the guy feel a pinch or something when really it would probably do serious damage to him, in which case presenting something that would do serious damage to you like it's just a lighthearted prank would be the punchline. This has more to do with my lack of chemistry knowledge than it does my age, I'm probably older than most of the people here.

Twin Peaks: The Retun

clocks have the same time

Wow, nicely setup. Faggot,walked smack into that.

Needs a "Please be patient I have autism hat" and Cthulhu.

can someone shop this to have pepe as a pilot?

capeshit

The joke is threefold. First, scientists, being stereotypical nerds, still carry on like normies. Second, while they essentially do the same things they have a nerdy element to them. Third, hydrochloric acid is taking things too far by any measure.

I get it.
Superman wouldn't read The Daily Planet because he works there, he's obviousy using it as cover while he spies on the neighbour kids with his xray vision.
Superman is a super pedophile.

monkeydust

Time to throw away my Gary Larson books I guess.

I will buy them.

also, science geeks know that the kind of HCl used in labs can be up to 13 molar, which means the single drop will eat a hole through the skin, and because of its concentration, even though you douse the area with water, it will continue to eat at the skin for several minutes or even an hour -- you'd have to apply a buffer solution -- and it would leave a scar for the rest of your life despite that

and some people who work in the lab are this out of touch irl

this is the correct explanation

His mother was born in October of 1935.

No, I'll be shredding them but I can sell you my Garfield Fat-Cat 3 Pack comics for 50$ dollars each.