Star Trek Discovery

YOU KLINGON BASTARDS

YOU ATE MY WAIFU!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pd1rnASDoUI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If it's any consolation, they were probably hungry again an hour later.

i really didn't like that part of the episode

all the other nitpicks and gripes aside, that was the first time i felt the tone was very un-trek

then of course you have everybody at each other's throats and being openly insubordinate

bad episode

Shouldnt this be /std/?

literally the only acceptable retribution for the horrible line delivery in the first 2 eps. she can't even speak english.

good std bread!

finally we can all get our STD on which is what these threads are all about.

/DIS/

Its /dis/ you trolling faggot. I have no clue what joy you get out of this

So why is she called Michael?
Even the ugly ginger said she had only heard of one woman called Michael before, so it's obviously not fashionable.

>/DIS/
They really should find a new shorthand for this show. /DIS/ has been taken for years now.

That's nice.
I'm glad Seth got to fulfil his dream in some part.

Hasn't been revealed yet.

Make sure to sign up for CBSAall-Access to stay up to date on the latest and greatest in Star Trek entertainment!

kek

A+
I rate it 5 out 5 (You)s.

it is and always has been STD what are you smoking?

anyways lets talk more about STD because it is the newer show.

Truly a just fate.

uhh no sweetie even the media realized STD was the right name all the fans were using.

Fucking kek

>that fucking klingon
Even Orville's all-homo race looks manlier than what the fuck is even that

She was at least balanced, the new captain is some kind of psychopath who thinks he can win a war with a space faring empire with a big insect.

It is /dis/ it has always been /dis/. Go fuck off back to Orville general. This is a place for Trekkies .
fo

Disney general has yet to appear in these threads but i got a feeling since the DIS threads were CBS only over the last 3 days it may not happen.

now that we can go back to STD which we always used at least we can discuss the show.

It's

Fucking

/DIS/

Fuck

You

Orovilleshills

Isn't a race of only men inherently manlier than a race with only some men?

>cringe

I really want to like STD, I'm a big Trek fan but I'm trying to look past it's bullshit and just enjoy the show for what it is.

But I'll be honest, I just find it really boring. The dialogue doesn't grab me, the stories are predictable and dull, the Klingons (aside from not acting like Klingons) all speak very slowly and plod around slowly.

It's gorgeous to look at but I just don't care about anything that's going on.
So far the only characters who have something resembling a spark of life are the war monger captain, the cowardly shellfish man, and the spore doctor. All of which are foils on some level to the main character, who might be the most boring Star Trek character of all time.

Harry Kim was more fucking compelling than this twat. At least he didn't defy canon by existing.

get out CBS

reeeeeeeeeeeeee

people like both their scifi no wonder you fail. now put more section 31 in the show like we want.

>my face when not a SINGLE STD fanboy KEK has EVER successfully refuted this webm

Stop false-flagging or roleplaying or whatever it is you're doing.

S

>Trekkies
>nu-ST
About as legit as grrl gamers.

people online say we need to wait at least for 40-50 episodes and then STD will start getting good.

same thing happened with TNG, except being that STD is on ppv only then that might not happen. Do people post positive ratings on netflix about the show and are there enough of them for netflix to buy a second season?

I don't even get what it's trying to say.

Any Trekkies would be rightfully disowning this show and calling it STD

T

Why do the Klingons always have to speak Klingon? Re-watches will never be comfy because I'll always have to read subtitles.

Not even trolling, but why does the promo for the next Orville episode look more compelling and Star Trek-like than anything we've seen from DIS so far? How disgusted am I to type that Seth's show looks better than OUR show.

youtube.com/watch?v=pd1rnASDoUI

It's STD and whatever else people call it that clearly tells you what show they are talking about, you fuckng Nancies.

cuz its funny and we love orville too.

I love both, so im not gonna argue against it, oh and did you know the klingons are cannibals now and ate the asian woman?

R

I applaude OP for not using either so I'm not sure it matters, but the discovery threads do feel a bit shilly when we have a /trek/ general where our discussion isn't limited to just this latest instalment.

The only STD they risk catching.

Does Jack like the Orville?

They would have had to buy more than one series if they were dealing with (((CBS))).

well they fuck dudes and they perform sex change on any females upon birth so they also fuck trannies
traps not gay

HELLO

FELLOW

*mumble*

KLINGON

HAVE

*mumble*

YOU

*mumble* *mumble*

PRAISE

T'KUVMA

AND

*mumble*

HIS

LIGHTBEARER

TODAY

FELLOW

*mumble*

KLANGON?

Did the writers forget that photon torpedoes are more powerful than nuclear bombs? That mining colony should have been wiped away along with the Klingon ships.

>
Seriously, it's cool that you like Orville, but go post about it in the /Orville/ thread.

It's probably best to keep the two apart until the dust settles.

The whole thing is un-trek, following one assholish character instead of the adventures of the whole crew. Burnham wouldn't have passed the psych eval before her mutiny let alone after it but you can't have a dumb action show without a "badass" whose only flaw is being right all the time but nobody believes her.

Fuck STD

Society changes and so shoild Star Trek. Modern audiences need a dark, edgy, sexier and mature show not some episode of the week bullshit. Dis is exactly what Star Trek needed because it made it relevant to modern audiences

I was just thinking this. Stupid nationalist MQGA Klingons refusing to install a universal translator.

Excellent, thank you.

it seems STD gave up on making good trailers for their episodes, they barely even get views on the official star trek youtube page owned by CBS.

I think CBS is really killing itself over this idiotic PPV BS which I bought. Its free now so I think maybe I should cancel, Im not happy sitting through the commercials on CBS all access.

>but the children and women too

Normally I hold to the Star Trek rule, that the first season always sucks because the writers need time to work out the tone and which characters work well together and that sort of thing.

But I'm not sure it really works for STD because STD isn't really a Star Trek show, it's not a platform for telling stories, or showcasing a potential future, or putting interesting sci-fi concepts on screen. It's a show for explosions, and whizzing about, where the technobabble is treated as something to be overcome to get to the next battle.

I hope it gets better, I really do. But right now it's just the most boring parts of Battlestar Gallactica glued to the shiniest things in JJ Abrams toy chest.

The last thing society needs is another STD.

I still think we should just be posting in /trek/ as well. These threads are pointless.

I will eat you because I am a klingon!

klingons now eat people :P possibly other klingons too since many say the reason they put the klingon bodies on the ship was to eat them since stored on the outside space is like a big refrigerator keeping the meat fresh for the klingons to eat.

I've been watching Star Trek for almost 3 decades. I can talk about The Orville if I so desire, sweetie - it's a Star Trek show after all.

>being this buttblasted

>STD fags still trying this hard

Sad, /DIS/ will live on but you autists will wither

Klingons have always eaten the flesh of their enemies user

Every.

Single.

Time.

You type the word /STD/ I will, I promise I fucking will make THREE /DIS/ threads in its place!

These are great.

Who would be stupid enough to pay for this shit? The episodes are up on every torrent site 10 minutes after airing.

yes I see what your saying the problem is the writers and how stubborn they are. Doesnt help at SDCC and other places they talk about how much they hate trek fans so they wont listen to us.

Ya know what, after reading your post, Im gonna cancel my CBS subscription while its in the free trial period. Besides there is NO other trek series on CBS all access which is weird.

>Normally I hold to the Star Trek rule, that the first season always sucks because the writers need time to work out the tone and which characters work well together and that sort of thing.

Aren't the seasons supposed to be separate as well? It'll be difficult to find a nice crew dynamic if it's a different one every 15 episodes or whatever.

Wow, too bad Star Trek shows are memorable and cherished due to the stories they tell and the morals they impress upon us, as opposed to shiny CGI visuals dangled in front of our faces.

It's std gay boy

Right they need a show that's awfully written and full of retarded action and zero attempts to provoke thought.

STD STD STD
How will you squeeze that into your busy schedule of getting bummed by your boyfriend?

STD's is too much like The Expanse and Battlestar Galactica reboot in tone. It's not comfy.

>it's a Star Trek show after all
Not even close.

i signed up see However after viewing the last /DIS/ thread I am cancelling the subscription since still under free trial because the other thing that sucks is on CBS we have to sit through 14 minutes of commercials per hour of view time.

>the morals they impress upon us
What's wrong with stabbing a tardigrade to save a few hundred lives?

calm down now CBS, you already lost a bunch of subscribers by making /dis/ threads instead of the STD ones.

meanwhile back on planet normal, the last ep sucked harder than the first few, I am dissapoint.

so pay a little more for the ad free one

>paid service
>still has commercials

>so pay a little more for the ad free one
There really isnt any draw, the service is very limited with the content hosted sort of like an early netflix I think there are only 30 shows and not even all the seasons of those shows are on there.

Not to mention there is NO other trek series on there. I have a netflix which has tons of trek even the animated series so Im sticking with that.

besides in the last /dis/ threads all cbs did was prove that their not worth paying for because they hate their customers just like how the shows writers say they hate trek fans.

Was it acceptable to use the dilithium from the Starfleet ship? What would T'kuvma do?

>What would T'kuvma do?
Starve

>le epic shill meme XD
>a-am I doing it right guys? I just want to fit in

TNG seems so fake how come the klingons didnt eat Picard and worf isnt eating the other crew members since Klingons eat people as proven on STD which is before TNG showing TNG is fake and a mirror universe.

Thank you for your support, Picard user.
I don't really blame the writers though, I blame the showrunner and the execs who didn't care enough to put people on the show who understood the source material.

But maybe I'm just being an asshole. Most of my friends quite like the show, granted none of them are Star Trek fans, but if this is the Star Trek for non-fans I guess that's kind of neat? I guess? If it gets more people to watch sci-fi that's actually good it might be worth it, I suppose.
That's a good point. I guess maybe next rotation we'll get something better, but there's not a lot of time to get attached or for the characters to grow. I mean, right now I don't care at all, in another 10 episodes will they have made me care? I guess growing with a cast and encountering new problems and seeing the crew grow over time is outdated for the new target demographic. Or something.
Amen, brother.

Maybe I should stop posting about this, it's making me really bitter. I might just go watch a few episodes of TNG and DS9 to cheer me up.

Now that I think of it, that's actually what I did after the STD pilot, I had a nice little afternoon. Watched that episode of DS9 where Kira and Odo are trapped on that asteroid with the stone that's slowly growing over Kira. It was a really nice character episode because faced with Kira's mortality Odo was forced to confront and confess how he felt. And the twist was really good when Odo used his detective smarts to work out what was really going on.

Why couldn't they have taken it from another Klingon vessel?

this looks like shit, all the shots looks weird and lopsided. who the heck directed this?

There weren't any klingon wrecked ships with the dilithium they needed.

>I blame the showrunner and the execs who didn't care enough to put people on the show who understood the source material.

Well I bought into CBS knowing what the execs thought from their own words.

They wanted the walking dead audience, hence the gore and profanity and sex. This is also why the show goes for that noone is safe kind of thing but it doesnt work in STD since the writing is so bad you see it coming from a mile away and its so often it doesnt matter unlike walking dead.

Those things sold me earlier that they wanted to be like the walking dead, even hiring the main character from the walking dead and saying they were going to ignore past trek writing being about crews and scifi and follow one character this time.

I bought into all that, but like you said had no idea how bad that would turn out, its like they took all those things and did them in the worst way possible.

Lorca is one blunt dude

>the last ep sucked harder than the first few
It was back to moral dilemma of the week though. I thought it was a good direction.

My supervisor really wants to get 1.5 million "DIS" impressions this month. Right now "STD" trends with over 2 million impressions, however it is dropping due to our outreach on Twitter and Facebook.

Please call this show DIS, I don't care if you enjoy it - but my job literally depends on the number of times people use the acronym DIS.

glad somebody enjoys it too, it's lonely here

The ship in this show has the ugliest fucking design. Like someone slapped reflective tape on the back of a bowtie.