What the f#%{ happened?

>Started out as straightforward adaption of cartoon series.

>Became it's own thing with characters, stories and character arcs that transcended original series.

>Became unexpectedly dark and gritty, killed off a whole bunch of popular characters, and ended with a depressing story arc that turned Raphael into a violently possessive douche which leads to him breaking up with his girlfriend.

Seriously, what the fuck happened with this comic series?

Other urls found in this thread:

adventuresinpoortaste.com/2012/02/11/battle-of-90s-icons-real-ghostbusters-vs-ninja-turtles/
mediafire.com/file/8l0wq1q0tqgwfhi/Adult Only TMNT Adventures Mini-Comic.cbz
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It grew along with it's fanbase

The growing part was just fine. It was the sudden chopping off the legs that I wasn't expecting.

Uh, the cartoon series was also totally different in tone and in many ways different in story, compared to the original IMAGE comics.

So why should the ARTHUR comic adaptation mimic the cartoon if the cartoon doesn't mimic the original?

This

>original IMAGE comics
What?

I think he's just getting the names mixed up. He called Archie "Arthur" by mistake too

>ARTHUR

They dared to kill major characters like the Mutanimals or pushed Hitler to kill himself. I don't think we will see Something like this in an Archie book now.

they depicted Muhammed too

Lol yes. IDW was too scared to reprint the issue lol.

Remember when Dan Slott worked on Archie TMNT 20 years ago?

He also worked on an issue of Sonic or two. Come to think of it I'm surprised Sonic and TMNT never crossed over outside of a very brief cameo from the turtles in a very early issue of Sonic, like back when it was gag a day

He wrote for Archie Sonic, too! Look up "Zonic the Zone Cop"

>Come to think of it I'm surprised Sonic and TMNT never crossed over
Nope, but the Turtles DID pay a crossover visit to Riverdale before it was cool!

Don't forget Sally Moon. At least I think he wrote that story. Also Tuxedo Knuckles

Archie has a tendency of taking licenced comics and accidentally making their own universes out of them. Same thing happened to Sonic.

Kind of funny how even now, Archie Sonic is just doing its own thing and is completely tonally different from everything else Sonic related. I like it for that

So not only did they foreshadow the TMNT/Power Rangers crossover, they foreshadowed purple/orange rangers as well.

Neat

Archie's TMNT was in fact made by Mirage for Archie.

>ARTHUR

>Archie Tmnt
>still not posting Ninjara

plz

Who got the rights now?

>I don't think we will see Something like this in an Archie book now.

Archie vs Predator would disagree.

Also there's Afterlife with Archie where Sabrina becomes a bride of Cthulhu.

..... Was that hot?

>I don't think we will see Something like this in an Archie book now.

You haven't read what Archie's been publishing in the last five years, have you?

They let the Mirage staff run the thing. For the better, obviously.

Archie didn't care as long as it was partly educational, and thankfully for them Steve Murphy's feet were glued to a soapbox.

>Steve Murphy
Who? You mean Dean Clarrain.

Yeah, that was his pen name.

Wait, doesn't Viacom have rights to both Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers now? Maybe they can bring in the Power Raiders.

Nickelodeon. Peter Laird bought the rights from Ninjara's creators, so she ended up being part of the deal.

Nah, Viacom only has airing rights to PR. Saban still owns it.

The butt hurt towards the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers here is palpable.

The writer was legitimately a furry and furries tend to be an odd bipolar bunch, just look at nearly every furry webcomic ever.

It happens.

Boy, the weapons these deadly cult members are wielding sure do look like sais, huh? And hey, they only have three fingers! What an odd coincidence.

>What an odd coincidence.
A pretty minor one, to be honest

Its not a coincidence. They were designed to look like the TMNT.

There was also this episode of Real Ghostbusters that was obviously making fun of the Turtles cartoon:

adventuresinpoortaste.com/2012/02/11/battle-of-90s-icons-real-ghostbusters-vs-ninja-turtles/

not a very good resemblance then.
Actually, most of those robots look like they've got 4 fingers, but two of them have been welded, or edited together

he also wrote the marvel ren and stimpy comic

Best part of that one was that they got Cam Clarke (Leonardo) to voice one of the fake TMNT.

Best Slash.

Poor best Slash...

>Won't see that in Archie

My dear sweet summer child. Pick up Afterlife with Archie and strap yourself in for a healthy dose of crazy.

TMNT > PR

It's the truth.

>best slash
>not BIG GUY Slash.

>f#%{

>ARTHUR

wasn't there an episode where they fought ghost versions of the Simpsons?

Man, Real Ghost Busters was weird about bring in outside properties to make fun off

Yet aren't they putting Alopex in the Nick series?

>Alopex is basically albino Ninjara

I love how there's official rule 34 of this.

It seems like Nick Alopex is mostly Ninjara anyway.

Why are there two Raphs and one extra turtle?

Those are the future versions of Raph and Don.

>ARTHUR

>IMAGE
>ARTHUR

Did this poster just fuck up or there some inside joke I'm missing?

Is this supposed to be a reference to that thread where Arthur the aardvark was mistakenly called Donald or something like that

And thanks to some google searches, I now have some lovely scans of said comic. ^^

Became BETTER than source material as soon as Allen and Clarain took over, and Ninjara hit the scene.

That was Furrlough, after the Archie series died.

wat

>grow up watching the toon, love it
>parents love comics, decide to get me TMNT comics since I love the turtles so much
>get engrossed in the comics
>eventually come back to the show
>completely aghast how some characters are totally different from the comics now

Being a fan of the Mutanimals or Slash was difficult when I looked at Saturday morning. Thank goodness Wyrm was spared.

Archie can't hang on to their characters for shit, can they?

In the case of TMNT characters, it was explicitly a part of the deal, not a case of Penders burning their offices down to acquire enchiladas.

Why do I want to fuck that fox.

>wasn't there an episode where they fought ghost versions of the Simpsons?

There was, that review even mentioned it was by the same writer of the TMNT spoof episode.

Bonus: they were parodies of both the Simpsons (in design) and the Bundies (in names).

>Wyrm
Come back soon in comics

I wish I never read the shit in this thread

Link? Only aksing for educational purposes, obviously.

>mediafire.com/file/8l0wq1q0tqgwfhi/Adult Only TMNT Adventures Mini-Comic.cbz
For your education

So which Archie TMNT character would you like to see return?

Jagwar

Cudley.

The idea of any of the turtles going at it just seems so wrong to me. Like, my mind can't even begin to process it. I don't even know how it would work.

Ray Fillet

I mean they brought back Armaggon, didn't they?

>I mean they brought back Armaggon, didn't they?

Wait, they did? When?

Mutants In Manhattan.

Ray is in IDW and they didn't brought back Armaggon they made a mutant shark called Bludgeon

What was with the TMNT/Power Rangers rivalry back then anyway?

I suppose Power Rangers was the next big fad to come along after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

TMNT popularity falled down in mid 90s when the Power Rangers were on their pic of popularity. PR toys sold more than tmnt toys at the time.

>inducing scalie fetish to kids

Monsters!

Shit, I remember reading this years ago. Didn't she have a daughter and a human husband or something like that?

A daughter yeah, but her dead husband was a wolf-man.
>that shameless nipping

Didn't she get naked in that comic?

>Ninjara nips the nips

Is future Mikey dead?

No. Splinter, April and Ninjara are, though, since it's beyond their life spans. Raph is banging Ninjara's great-granddaughter. Which now that I think about it is really fucked up.

According to one reviewer, yes.
>But yeah, this is a furry stroke mag. It is NOT crafted to be in the same tone as TMNT Adventures. “Fuck” is used freely by the title character and, yes, Ninjara gets her shirt torn off, exposing her breasts for all the furries of the world to see. Ugh.

She's got nipples poking through her top there. Makes sense that it's a stroke mag.

I hope idw strikes a deal with the creator of the river saga of mirage tmnt and finally releases it, they could make a list issues ultimate collection including colored versions of his 4 issues, the fugitoid and shell of the dragon along with 6 turtle soup issues

It fees weird not having shell of the dragon and those other issues

The River is a fucking masterpiece. I'm glad I got a Mirage collection of it a decade ago.

Would a IDW TMNT and Boom MMPR even work?

I mean, I guess I could imagine something like the Rat King being bored and deciding to play a game with Rita, and the arc ends with Ox-brother returning to TMNT.universe

Nip reveal in nightmare

Mezcaal is not related to Ninjara.

>Shredder has spikes on his dick

I was not prepared for that.

Coyotes can't interbreed with wolves, foxes, or wolf/fox hybrids. Moka is a wolf/fox hybrid. Mezcaal is probably a member of a hidden coyote race (Coyoterro? Coyotl?) the native americans based their Coyote trickster god legends on, just as Ninjara's people were the basis for Japan's kitsune.