Who did it better?

Who did it better?

Both are complete and utter shit. The only legitimate contender for best Godzilla is the white eyed one

That would be a good movie. Godzilla vs Sin. In the retrospect of typical "clone" godzilla fashion (Space and Biolante) use shin as the clone.

Ahahahah

how is godzilla supposed to throw fuckers around with those noodle arms?

While GMK is indeed a good film, Shin Godzilla is behind only Godzilla (1954) and Mothra vs Godzilla as the best of the series.

Burgerzilla wins but only if he can tank Shin's beams and get within melee range.

literally every single godzilla film ever made is trash and you and everyone else in these lane godzilla threads are turbo pleb for trying to act like there's some sort of "patrician ranking" of a series of low-buget schlock costume fighting movies for post-WW2 japanese children

Anno. The answer is always Anno.

You seem upset.

>he's over the age of 18
>he enjoys watching nameless japanese men in funnybad costumes using highschool-tier special effects to pretend to beat each other up on top of toy tanks and lego buildings

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Godzilla. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Godzilla's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Godzilla truly ARE idiots. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Godzilla's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Godzilla tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

>plebeian opinion
There are at least ten objectively good Godzilla movies.

>muh realism
Special effects are just a tool to tell a story, my buttblasted friend. Not the end all be all of film-making.

>he tries to act pretentious about his enjoyment from watching sweaty men in costumes pretending to be animals play with each other

>This is supposed to be a 10/10 in Japland

The American one. By fucking far. The Jap one is embarrassing garbage.

>3 months of nofap

>He tries to bait by suggesting film has no inherent worth beyond it's special efects

>he thinks a bunch of men playing the studio equivalent of waterpolo in a pool of their own sweat and plastic toys has inherent worth beyond the pure schlock visuals that are the selling point of this franchise made for foreign children

Literally the only thing the American film has over Shin Godzilla is visual effects and, considering the difference in budget, it isn't much to brag about. Unlike its American counterpart, Shin Godzilla has substance and is actually entertaining. Seriously, what does Godzilla (2014) have in its favor?

>Seriously, what does Godzilla (2014) have in its favor?

Elizabeth Olsen.

I think they're both great Godzillas for different reasons.

Legendary's a fine naturalistic take on a traditional Godzilla and I love his "Grumpy old man whose tired of this shit" personality. It's a good way to represent the character on the international stage and as long as the sequels don't play "Hide the lizard" like the first go around, things will be just fine.

Shin Godzilla's cool because Toho decided to go way out of their normal comfort zone and deliver this fucked up monstrosity. It also just signals absolute confidence in the Godzilla brand that we haven't seen for a long time. While Legendary offers a more traditional-style Godzilla with an American effects budget, the Japanese feel free to do whatever the fuck they want with the character for the domestic market. So we can get weird shit like "Cancer-ridden Meth Muppets that evolve into Xenomorphs" or Treezilla

Like everyone else in the movie who would be interesting, she is a non-factor cast aside in favor of Aaron Taylor Johnson.

>Cancer-ridden Meth Muppets

I know out of context that form of Godzilla is silly as all fuck but seeing it move and shit in the movie was fucking unsettling as fuck.

>Godzilla movie
>substance

>i have little to no experience with these films and can only spout vague generalizations or misconceptions
Newsflash. Every franchise has its share of bad films and you're going to have quite a few of those when you have over thirty feature films under your belt. Try watching some of the good ones and then have a discussion.

>vague generalizations

hmm, who do I keep hearing those from. Typicals of types like you that attempt to elevate schlock in order to make themselves seem sophisticated, which is all an ineffective veil that attempts to cloud your pleb taste.
go on, regurgitate some hack youtuber trying to do the same, youtube is full hacks attempting to elevate schlock.

Name specific problems with specific films.

>dude godzilla shoots lasers out of his ass now
>remember evangelion???

2014, by fucking far.

Anyone excited about this?