Joker / Harley

How would you ideally want a Joker / Harley romance to be portrayed in a movie Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=47PwcEQm6pg&t=3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wouldn't. It'd be completely out of character and send a horrific message.

It'd be like a Hank/Janet romance.

You do realize both Harley/Joker and Hank/SlapTarget have romantic parts to them. Harley is in love with Joker. She considers him her boyfriend/lover/object of desire. So there is romance, it's just one-sided.
Likewise with Hank "Heavy Hand" Pym and Janet "Jizzbox" VanDyne; at one point, they were in love. They got married and were happy for a while until Hank got that 7 year itch to beat his wife because he's a scientist and that's what comic scientists do; become terrible people who sabotage their relationships.

So yes, the romance is there, it's just all fucked up and wrong.

Why was the romance two sided in SUicide Squad?

Harley is pathologically obsessed with the Joker, not in love with him.

It's literally a mental illness.

Also
>romance
>one-sided
Literally stalking

They'd have a wacky duet sing where they sing about their relationship with silly lyrics ribbing each other.

Then you portray it fucked up and wrong, have Joker treat Harley like utter shut aside from a small praise here and there and a he Harley refuse to believe he's all bad, even when he leaves her in prison or gives her the back of his hand for speaking out of turn. The whole romance a spice of Joker hand Harley is that it's one sided like you said, make it almost unbearable so so the audience asks themselves wtf does she see in the guy that treats her so badly? Because THAT is Harley Quinn's true character

You're asking why a terrible movie by a hack director has people acting out of character?
That pathological obsession is also love. It manifests itself as her being hyper dependent on him, but she does actually love him. She's just too stupid to realize he's a piece of shit. Most of the time, anyway. Some comics, Injustice, for example, has her gaining independence from him.

Not stalking, Joker is using her. She does whatever he wants in an attempt to make him like her. She doesn't have to stalk him, he freely lets her get close to better use her.

so they can sell shit like this

The chemical vat scene and when Harley ran for the helicopter was both good in SS. I want something like that.

Harley is obviously crazy for Mistah J while he only wants to own her.

The whole plot involving him trying to rescue her twice suggests he has feelings for her. Although if that's the case I'm wondering why he left her to drown in the Ferrari.

Good ol' Mad Love...That's the only way to make their characters justice, it's how they were created and how they got the chemistry

This

With full penetration

ONE

FUCKING

TIME

AND IT WAS AN ACCIDENT

This. Fuck romance portray abuse.

If you want romance, call Ivy.

This never gets old.

To me, the Joker and Harley relationship goes like this.
>Joker openly hates Harley but secretly cares about her in his own twisted way.
>Harley openly loves Joker but secretly hates his guts and wants to do very violent things to him.

The Joker saves himself first. I guess he expected Batman to save Harley and he could escape in the meantime.

Otherwise he only seemed to care when he wasn't really in danger and had too much time to think someone could snatch his property - Harley - away. I think he enjoys giving her some crumbs here and there to be able to hurt her more.

>Imploding Ivy isn't just as abusive as Joker is

Not this meme again

Ivy isn't abusive, more like manipulative.

Pretty much the only person Harley is attracted to and it isn't a toxic relationship is Billy Batson in Injustice.

Like a young redneck or yuppie relationship

Billy is toxic though, he's pretty much a corpse by now

If you want an unapologetic cuck, call Ivy.

user was probably thinking about that scene in Suicide Squad "extended edition" in which Harley stalks Joker on a bike, and he is annoyed by her.
>COME BACK YOU ASSHOLE YOU'RE NOT LEAVING ME!!!
Actually made me smile when he tries to hide his face when he spots her, like the PURPLE¨LAMBORGHINI (ANAL MERCY ANAL MERCY) with custom plates wasn't a dead giveaway.
Nice little moment, wish these morons realized how much $$$ they could have milked out of virgins of BOTH SEXES by putting all the J+H scenes in a legit "Ultimate Joker edition".

Poor Jared Leto though, thanks to these dumbasses he wasn't even the best 2016 Joker
>Cameron Monaghan as Proto-Joker/Jérôme Valeska from "Gotham" was way cooler.
That magic show scene with Barbara aka Proto-Harley was great.

Too bad "Gotham" is lacking in some departments, because their young versions of Penguin, Riddler and Mad Hatter are amazing.
Especially Oswald, it will be a huge challenge to top that...

The Joker/Harley romance is an abusive relationship. She wants him because no one else understands him, because he's crazy, but she thinks he's crazy for her. She gains nothing from the relationship except the validation of feeling wanted. He wants her because she's devoted. He cares so little for her that in BTAS he doesn't notice she's been arrested, and only gets upset when he finds she's out with other people. He wants to control her, and he doesn't want anyone else putting ideas into her head of independence. If she starts to outshine him or try and go solo, he NEEDS to tear her down and remind her of her place.

>You're asking why a terrible movie by a hack director has people acting out of character?

If movie Harley was "out of Character" for you then i doubt you know fuck all about her

>Although if that's the case I'm wondering why he left her to drown in the Ferrari.

Looking at the extended version, it seems like he was very conflicted about Harley. In the "Vat scene" this is shown again when Joker is walking away assuming Harley dead and his problem solved, only to begrudgingly go back to save her from drowning.

This is not that out of character for Joker considering Harley's first comic appearance had The Joker try to off her specifically because he was starting to have feelings for her, and didn't like that. He says so itself.

It's definitely hotter than lovey-dovey bullshit.

Yeah The Joker was abusive, but people need to stop acting like it was some Ike and Tina "Eat the cake , Bitch!" every 5 seconds with them and they also forget that on multiple occasions Harley has been violent toward the Joker as well.

>It's literally a mental illness.
So, love?

Not. I don't watch action movies to see a shitty romance that only appeals to girls with daddy issues and guys with trust issues.
I'm fine if it's similar to BTAS I guess, at least it was portrayed as being clearly destructive and negative.

Say what?
youtube.com/watch?v=47PwcEQm6pg&t=3s

Dude, the "daddy" thing comes from The Joker himself in BTAS. It's not a Suicide Squad thing.

it was pretty obvious he was talking about Joker

Abusive is true to the characters. The Joker is unhinged and frankly incapable of loving anyone. Harley is hired help that he occasionally fucks and takes his frustrations out on. To make them genuine lovers is disgusting.

I'm not seeing the contradiction here.

I haven't watched SS yet, I was speaking in general.

To be completely honest if people wanted a romantic Harley & Joker, Punch and Jewelee are out there waiting to be in the spotlight

>the "daddy" thing comes from The Joker himself in BTAS.
No, it didn't. At all. Why would you even make that up and then say it like it's a fact?

Oh really?

Abusive, unstable, and toxic.

Like it should be.

Are you even trying?

I beat my wife by accident your honor
you gotta believe me