Uncommon Knowledge: White America Is 'Coming Apart'

youtube.com/watch?v=LVskhzJR6NU

>Uncommon Knowledge: White America Is 'Coming Apart'

Peter Robinson talks to Charles Murray about America's failing civic culture. According to Murray, America's white working class has been "coming apart," and has been since the death of JFK. From the decline of marriage, to the lack of religious participation, to declining labor participation, could white working class men be falling even farther behind white upper class America? And could this change in American culture be exacerbating class differences? Find out.

>He wrote The Bell Curve

Bump it and discuss, or dont. Its a 1h video interview, and that show "uncommon knowledge" is pretty good in general.

I love this book and I quote it all the time

I wrote about it in my high school years ago

However I fucking threw it away when it unironically used the "Meme" word Hispanic and acts like it's a race of mixed race indians. It's not a race Herrnstein you kike

However I still love the book

>charles murray

Based

Also wrote pic related. Pretty much shows whites are the greatest thing to happen to humanity and that niggers are indeed useless parasites.

He splits people into non white hispanics because they arent white.

Pic related. They have entirely different crime statistics for a reason. Take them out of the white numbers and blacks suddenly are 27x as likely as a (real) white person to violently attack compared to the other way around.

then what is a "Hispanic"? Maybe it would help if you burgers made it a bit more clear, because no one else in this fucking planet uses that term.

Murray is based but it's almost like he can't follow his findings to their natural conclusions, he's a libertarian, he's a vociferous #NeverTrump and has said that if MD is a swing state he'll vote Hillary, he praises idiot neocons like Jonah Goldberg, etc. I don't get it.

Bump.

>of, relating to, or being a person of Latin American descent living in the United States; especially : one of Cuban, Mexican, or Puerto Rican origin

It pretty much means anyone whos from South America (which means they are brown/heavily mixed with non-european whites) or anyone mixed with someone from South America.

Hispanic is just categorizing people who speak Spanish, iirc.

He has to cuck extra hard to get away with publishing hate facts. It eventually consumed him.

That is surprising. He did appear to remain neutral in the interview, but I guess he only did that so he can pretend that the lefts side isn't wrong and avoid conflict about it.

He claims the left says its because society has demoralized men, and the right blames radical feminism for destroying the role of the father.

Personally, I think the right is claiming both of those things, and men are demoralized BECAUSE of things like feminism destroying the role of the father, among other things jews have done.

At the time of The Bell Curve's publishing, there were seven studies in the scientific literature concerning the cause of the black/white IQ gap. Six of them point to the environment; and only one points to genetics. The authors of The Bell Curve prominently displayed only the results of the pro-genetics test in the main text. Of the others, they dismissed one in a single-paragraph side bar, dismissed another in the endnotes, and simply ignored the rest.

Psychologist Richard Nisbett has been generous enough to provide the public with the details of all seven studies: (2)

After World War II, many American GI's (both white and black) fathered children by German women; these children were then raised in German society. The children fathered by black GI's had an average IQ of 96.5, and the children fathered by white GI's had an average IQ of 97 -- a statistically insignificant difference. (3)

In another study of children raised in residential institutions, black, white and racially mixed children who were raised in the same enriched environment were given IQ tests. At four years of age, the white children had an average IQ of 103, the blacks had an average IQ of 108, and the racially mixed children had an average IQ of 106. (4)

Another study measured the IQ's of children from black-white unions. Assuming that mothers are more important than fathers in the education and socialization of their children, the study sought to see if a child's IQ is higher when the white partner is the mother. This turned out to be true -- the IQ of a racially mixed child averages 9 points higher when it is the mother who is white. (5)

A genetic study took advantage of the fact that African-Americans genes are about 20-30 percent European, and that Africans and Europeans differ just enough in their genetic blood groups to determine the degree of "Europeanness" in an individual. If intelligence were indeed genetic and favored in Europeans, we might expect blacks with greater Europeanness to be more intelligent. However, a study of 288 young blacks found almost no relationship between Europeanness and intelligence: the correlation was a trivial and nonsignificant .05. (6)

Another genetic study examined the correlation between IQ and European blood groups (as opposed to the estimated Europeanness of individuals based on blood groups). In one sample of blacks, the correlation was a trivial .01, in the other a nonsignificant -.38, with higher IQ being associated with the more African blood groups. (7)

Another study tested the hypothesis that if IQ were both hereditary and favored in Europeans, then blacks with high IQs should have several times the level of Europeanness than the black population in general. But a study of high-IQ black children in Chicago found that this wasn't the case; in fact, these black children were slightly less likely to have European ancestors. (8)

The study featured in The Bell Curve was the Scarr-Weinberg study, which examined the IQs of children from different races who were adopted by white parents. White adoptees turned out to have higher IQs than mixed-race adoptees, who had higher IQs than black adoptees. (9)

There are statistical difficulties with all the above studies. For example, Scarr and Weinberg themselves believe that their adoption study is not informative on the question of genes, race and IQ, because their study sample was small, the adoption agencies could have selectively placed the kids, the adoptive families were recruited on a voluntary basis, the natural parents' IQs were not known, the black children were adopted at a substantially later age, and the social stigma of being a black child in a white family probably has effects on development. Curiously, The Bell Curve does not report the reservations that the study authors themselves have.

Many of the same objections can be raised to the other studies. The IQs of the parents were not known, and there is a possibility that the study samples were nonrepresentative of the population being studied. Possibly, whites who breed with blacks may tend to have lower IQs. (This assertion would beg support, however, since the biracial population in the U.S. first burgeoned during the days of slavery, when wealthy slave masters and plantation owners raped hundreds of thousands of black slaves.) However, as Nisbett points out, the six studies suggesting a social rather than genetic factor were taken at very different times and places, under a wide variety of circumstances. That they should all suffer from the same sort of self-selection is therefore implausibly great.

But even accepting the statistical difficulties of all seven studies, the authors of The Bell Curve were wrong to imply that the difference in black and white IQ scores is largely genetic. At the very least, they had no hard scientific evidence at the time; at the very most, the fact that the environmental results outnumbered the genetic results six-to-one makes their suggestion completely indefensible.

Let's not worship a faggot "scientist" who literally burned a cross on a hilltop during the civil rights movement in the 70's.

Non-whites in America largely hold views that are entirely antithetical to American ideals, like being against free-speech and gun rights. Whereas White, especially rural whites, are in favour of these. Non-whites will always vote for bigger government and think legislation will solve everything.

Latino immigration will kill the USA.

2. Condensed from Richard Nisbett's article "Race, IQ and Scientism," pp. 37-42 in Steven Fraser, ed., The Bell Curve Wars (New York: HarperCollins, 1995).

3. J.R. Flynn, Race, IQ and Jensen, (London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1980), pp. 87-88.

4. Ibid., pp. 110-111.

5. L. Willerman, A.F. Naylor and N.C. Myrianthopoulos, "Intellectual development of children from interracial matings: performance in infancy and at 4 years," Behavior Genetics 4, 1974, pp. 84-88.

6. S. Scarr, S. Pakstis, H. Katz and W. Barker, "Absence of a relationship between degree of white ancestry and intellectual skills within a black population," Human Genetics 39, 1977, pp. 73-77, 82-83.

7. J. Loehlin, S. Vandenberg and R. Osborne, "Blood-group genes and Negro-white ability differences," Behavior Genetics 3, 1973, pp. 263-70.

8. P. Witty and M. Jenkins, "The educational achievement of a group of gifted Negro children," Journal of Educational Psychology 25, 1934, p. 586. Levels of Europeanness in subjects were based on self-reports on their ancestries.

9. S. Scarr and R. Weinberg, "The Minnesota adoption studies: Genetic differences and malleability," Child Development 54, 1983, pp. 260-267.

>tfw most likely TLDR for Sup Forumscucks

>At the time of The Bell Curve's publishing, there were seven studies in the scientific literature concerning the cause of the black/white IQ gap. Six of them point to the environment; and only one points to genetics

Oh look, Ive attracted an SJW.

27x more violent remember too

>100 white women raped a day by black men
>0 black women raped every year 4 years in a row by white men

Clearly they rape for lack of money and social status.

The Bell Curve cherrypicks only the studies that support its point of view and completely ignore the ones that damage it. Science is easy, right?

The Pioneer Fund paid for this top-notch work, gotta give our masters what they wanted.

Call it SJW, CTR, whatever you want, young numale faggot, but the fact is, you are wrong.

Oops, no, its because of their DNA.

You didnt even read the thread, the OP image is the bell curve, but this is about a different book by the same author.

How many times have you posted someone elses argument like that in relation to the bell curve, is a more interesting path of discussion.

>young numale faggot
>completely unsupported and backwards meme insult

Youre pretty sad.

I also just demolished you by showing black IQ is low even when they reach the top income bracket and socio-economic status, along with the fact they need 230 less SAT points to get into school, which I left out.. the only thing I really dont have for lack of the title of the image in my folder is the adopted black children raised by white parents, still not doing as well.

They rape, they mated with apes and have hybrid monkey blood from 700k years ago, they objectively have different DNA that causes them to be more violent etc etc.

But keep copy pasting that argument like it means anything.

>All that backpedaling
From the OP: "He wrote The Bell Curve" as if it's an accolade of some sort.

That book is objectively pseudoscientific shit, so please stop embarrassing yourself by namedropping it.

>unsupported backwards meme insult
It's actually spot on. Look how you came out with the "SJW" meme argument first thing.

Thanks for the bumps tumblr. The guy is a radical leftist and you want to paint him as a bias racist. Hilarious.

>claims the author cherrypicked
>proceeds to derail the thread, copy pastes his argument, and cherrypicks my posts for easy material to respond to ignoring all the factual data showing objective inferiority on behalf of blacks

>please stop embarrassing yourself

"Hispanic" is the politically correct way of saying Mestizo trash.

>adopted black children raised by white parents
Literally what I already blew the fuck out in this thread. Sigh... I knew those posts were too long for someone of your ilk to read.

I'm not arguing on behalf of blacks. (Hint: I'm in the group that's 1SD above yours in IQ.) I just need you to know the Bell Curve is a retarded fucking book based primarily on a single cherrypicked study.

>Responding over and over and over
A bit toasty, are we?

Off to eat dinner and bang my white girlfriend. Hope you enjoyed your bumps, numale faggot.

>I'm in the group that's 1SD above yours in IQ.

So, you simultaneously are bragging about SD between asians over whites, while at the same time are denying it matters in relation to blacks.

Ill remind you, if you actually are Asian, that white men achieve a higher IQ than Asians, but merely have a slightly lower average due to having more people at the bottom.

Highest peaks, lower lows than Asians.

Whites>Asians

The top achievements, white Europeans.

The best average, Asians.

>That book is objectively pseudoscientific shit
Prove it. I've read it and can easily say there isn't a single undocumented claim.

You are clearly lying because you don't like the implications of the book. There is absolutely nothing controversial about the "objective" fact that the bell curve is real, it affects every aspect of human life, and that races are in fact different in intellectual ability.

But sure, lie more on the internet, because that makes you feel better.

>numale faggot.
>implying with zero evidence

You really arent from here, it shows. Youre using Alinsky tier tactics, accusing the other person of what you are guilty of. Projecting much?

Im pointing out the decline of white America 1960-2010, with a slight relation to another book about the bell curve, and you derailed the thread with absolutely no argument besides something you copy pasted... and youre upset, because muh racis waycis implying one race is objectively inferior to another.. so IM the numale.

Numales are beta faggots feminists who are pro diversity and get offended by racism IE you.

Youve got this all backwards, kid. It really just feels like you were trolling me to create bumps and that you were trying to help me this entire time.

Why should spanish people be blamed for mestizo crime? Hispanic is a bullshit word that lumps different races together.

Should we call half anglo half blacks the main "Anglos" now?
We still have non mestizos who have their Ethnicity as "Hispanic"

Hispanic doesn't officially mean brown yet. A lot of people we call "Hispanic" are brown due to them being fucking mestizos but some hispanics are unironically white.

Spanish hispanic genes don't make a beaner brown, indian genes do.

It's a geographic term for anybody of any race having heritage of a spanish speaking country, even the European one

Hispanic shouldn't be labeled as a race by the way

Some hispanics are UNIRONICALLY white

However a lot of those "Hispanic" brown bums should be labeled "mestizo"

BLAME MESTIZOS

NOT SPANISH

ok but with the exception of cubans, most "hispanic" people in the United States are mestizo from Mexico, PR and DR. If it bothers you so much just put "white" when you fill out forms.

Race: White
Ethnicity: Hispanic

My linage is from Spain for fucks sakes

Just call the brown fucks Mestizos for fucks sakes. I'm whiter than a fucking Italian

>the bell curve

>A genetic study took advantage of the fact that African-Americans genes are about 20-30 percent European, and that Africans and Europeans differ just enough in their genetic blood groups to determine the degree of "Europeanness" in an individual. If intelligence were indeed genetic and favored in Europeans, we might expect blacks with greater Europeanness to be more intelligent. However, a study of 288 young blacks found almost no relationship between Europeanness and intelligence: the correlation was a trivial and nonsignificant .05. (6)

Idiot. That's a worthless study. It "controlled" for skin color. Light skin vs. dark skinned Africans. That means it countered controlled for degree of "Europeanness."

TL;DR Controlling for darkness of skin completely erases the Europeanness factor.

Mestizo : Mixed with amerindian and Spaniard
Latino : any race from the Americas that speak Spanish
Hispanic : related to Spanish people
Spaniard : Spaniard

Is that too hard ?

Quite interesting conversation.

He really shies away from any conclusion though. There are clear political implications from the developments he describes and the causes for these are known to him for the most part.
In the end this guy will watch the decline and do nothing but sigh a bit here and moan a bit there.

In an indirect way Murrey is on the same line of thinking as Kevin MacDonald.

He's saying society is set up now to benefit the high IQ minority to the detriment of the many middle/lower class people.

Jews are in the driver seat now. They create a free-for-all, winner take all society, because they know they will be the winners.

They have always hated Christianity, and any sort of societal standards… which is only logical from their standpoint… THEY DON'T NEED THEM. they have higher iq's thus more money better impulse control, social supports/contacts etc.

Average and below average whites need a guiding morality and sense of purpose. A shameless, aimless society leads to a total breakdown among the lower classes. Before the 60's EVERYONE regardless of their station, IQ, and abilities was expected to perform certain roles to have the respect of their peers and society.

Number one was be married, have children, AND SUPPORT THEM. Performing these basic duties was whet earned you the respect to call yourself a man and be worthy of citizenship.

Since the Christian sensibility was flushed and replaced with the Jewish sensibility, there is no longer any stigma associated with copping out… out of wedlock births, single parents, promiscuity and on and on.

The post-sixties culture actively ENCOURAGES wildly destructive behaviours in the lower classes… you almost get a feeling it is being done on purpose.

>you
>white

Pick one

You're smarter than 90% of people on this board already but I don't get

>Hispanic : related to Spanish people

? What did you mean by this

I always believed hispanic was a geographic term for anybody with heritage from a spanish country regardless if they were white or brown

I'm whiter than Johnny Depp and Jerry Seinfeld

>There are statistical difficulties with all the above studies. For example, Scarr and Weinberg themselves believe that their adoption study is not informative on the question of genes, race and IQ, because their study sample was small, the adoption agencies could have selectively placed the kids, the adoptive families were recruited on a voluntary basis, the natural parents' IQs were not known, the black children were adopted at a substantially later age, and the social stigma of being a black child in a white family probably has effects on development. Curiously, The Bell Curve does not report the reservations that the study authors themselves have.

Do you really have to copypasta all this lefty fake science? Scarr and Weinberg trumpeted the "No Genetics" results when the kids were age 12 or so. And they (disingenuously) mixed IQs of mixed children with African American children. Other researchers pointed out their purposeful sloppiness (Jesen, I believe) and the proverbial excrement hit the fan. The excuses used like "maybe just maybe the adoption agencies discriminated" are very weak. Whey didn't they use them back when the kids were 12 years old and they thought they had a strong result?

TL;DR Scarr & Weinberg thought they proved the racial gap was environmental. Then the kids got older, and the truth came out.

Mestizos are half white half indian, Castizos are a quarter amerindian and mostly Spaniard, a Spaniard is somebody that was BORN and is more than 90% Spaniard and a Criollo is somebody born in Americas with mostly Spaniard blood and no indian blood

The term hispanic is just miss-used.

>Let's not worship a faggot "scientist" who literally burned a cross on a hilltop during the civil rights movement in the 70's.
Now you're just making it up. The inevitable ad hominem which is the staple of progs trying to spoon out their crap. Hear that? That's Ledit calling your name.

And if you actually want to read something substantive and scientific, go read "Bias In Mental Testing" by Arthur Jensen.

i mean to say "that was BORN in Spain"

i'm hispanic, I even have a house in PR I inherited from my grandparents

So Brazilians aren't latinos?

you fucked up Paranon

How wide is the spread of European blood in South America? We know that an overwhelming majority of the blacks in America have had an European forefather at one point or another in their bloodline but how is the European heritage in the south?
As far as I understand it's probably about the same as with the northern counterparts. They may not look European but the Spaniards and the indigenous people largely cooperated (and probably mixed a lot) while taking over South America.

just google argentina female and see

hispanic is everyone south of America in NA and on the Iberian peninsula except portuguese cucks like you

i like uncommon knowledge, host is pretty based

forget what he did for the Bush WH - press secretary?

What a coincidence I happen to finish reading this book today. Probably one of the hardest red pills to swallow.