Franco/belgium comci/cartoon thread

What were your first French comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

penofchaos.com/warham/download/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/86704239
dropbox.com/s/md6poc7x9yto373/Donjon de Naheulbeuk album scan tome 1.zip?dl=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hard to say since a lot of stuff I read was most likely franco-belgian without me even knowing about it (same way how my first anime was most likely Nils Holgersson or Maya the Honeybee).

I know that I was reading petit spirou and gotlib by 1994. Before that I had a Smurfs book (the magic egg), and Serge Dutfoy's comic book history of rock (pretty sure I got them around 1991, since that's around when I learned to read).

What are some other Franco-Belgian comics/cartoons with /ss/?

Jodorowsky's Incal & The Metabarons. Crazy, crazy stuff

you might as well ask if flies have wings

nothing but the best

Anyone read this?

Should I story time the two first album of Dungeon of Naheulbeuk (I only have two)?
It's only in French though and I'll have to scan the pages one by one.

KEK

I strongly encourage you to. Specially if you put the raw scans online. You'd do a world of good.

Every kid I know, knows about Asterix & Obelix.

my scanning skills aren't too great, and the printer-scanner is rather a bit too small for the size of the album.

Tintin meets Cthulhu was better.

why is this kid always dressed like a bellhop

I can't remember the name of it, but it was about this dumb blond kid who would constantly copy from the smart girl sitting next to him. He would often get told to sit in the corner next to a skeleton model.

Tintin. Everyone in first grade wanted to get their hands on one of the library's volumes of Tintin or Calvin and Hobbes. Eventually I found the joys of Asterix. My dad brought some translated volumes overseas. The Latin puns are so good, and every time you come back, you find a little more to laugh about.

Found it.
L'Élève Ducobu

Mon ami, my friend

Is anyone is actually reading? Or I'm just wasting posts?

I am, user. Thanks.
Feels good to speak french.

You can listen to the MP3 voices on penofchaos.com
penofchaos.com/warham/download/
which sometimes some lines get lost in the comic.

I was having a trouble with my computer so I needed to restart it.

we're half-way through the album

Once I finished scanning the first album, I might try to translate it. But I'm not sure if my translation are going to be accurate.

Well tell anyone who is relying on the translations to be 100% accurate to suck a dick

>What were your first French comics?
Asterix was big when I was a kid, just getting a new edition with lexicon where they'd shortly explain all pop-culture and historical references. Surprisingly I haven't read Thorgal until I was a teenager, despite Thorgal being huge in Poland.

wait fuck, I posted 29 before 28.

Pretty sure it as actually the J.C Menu/Baudoin/Mattt Konture stuff in the lats issue of Weirdo ("Vierre D'Eau", #28). This would have been '93/'94, I think?--wait, no, woulda been '95 because I didn't start reading UG/"alternative"/artcomix before then. Weirdly I never cared for Tin Tin or Asterix and that stuff until well into adulthood (never liked Asterix, though, even with the amazing art).

to be continued on tome 2.

To make a scan that doesn't suck dick you kinda have to cut the spine off the tome, thus destroying it.

If there's a whitespace border, and you're willing to be a little brutal, you can get away with not cutting the spine and then fixing stretches up in photoshop afterwards.

Thanks man, you're a bro.

Asterix and Obelix but i was introduced to them by the 12 tasks movie

slow ass traduction sorry.

Awesome. Please post a download link at the end.

Yeah, the entire Cosmic Horror arc was good. Very welcome after how that Tintin and Alph-art was mangled by long production time

I still can't stand how they ended in cliffhanger after Tintin entered the Black Lodge. Does anyone know when next album is coming out ?

it might take a while, friend

ah..miss Chiffrè.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/86704239

Shortlived thread, but it has a couple pointers on cleaning.

I don't want to turn you off on scanlating, but if you're not going to do it right (cleaning/tranlating/typesetting) then you might as well just post the translated lines along with the image and hope someone else fancies doing the editing.

Alternatively you could post WIPs, asking for feedback and then do a release later when it's done properly.

Does Blake and Mortimer count?

Asterix and Lucky Luke.

These blew my 12 year old mind.

dropbox.com/s/md6poc7x9yto373/Donjon de Naheulbeuk album scan tome 1.zip?dl=0

It should be ok, this time.

>300x402
The original Spirou was a bellhop at a hotel. When he went on his adventures he kept the clothes. The original teen Spirou that is. Little Spirou just keeps the style.

You have patrician taste.

Has the third one been translated yet?

Oh shit no just remembered it was a Claire Bretecher book my Aunt gave me when I was about 13. Not sure if she read it before giving it to me...she's a painter and teaches at one of the best art schools in the UK and is a total "fine art" elitist, she probably thought comics were all basically the same, but because it was French it was OBVIOUSLY more "sophisticated"...God she's so stuck-up and elitist.

Why were all the Blake and Mortimer comics published in a random order by cinebook?

no idea, I don't know them.

Every German kid maybe...

>All those untranslated comic you want to storytime

Same reason thy did it with Lucky
Luke.

what's stopping you?

Because Cinebook a shit.
They don't give a toss about continuity and publishes whatever album they think will sell best.

I've got Andrax in German and Agent 327 in Dutch and I'm tempted to start running shit through google translate just to see if I can come up with a script that makes any kind of sense.

>I'm tempted to start running shit through google translate
>he actually wants to be the next sosich
My Costanza folder isn't big enough for a proper reaction.