Why do Russians have different last names for men and women (ex. Alexandrov, Alexandrova)?

Why do Russians have different last names for men and women (ex. Alexandrov, Alexandrova)?

Because Russians are faggots

Femininity?

You realize by giving unisex names to both men and women that technically makes us the fags, right?

FPBP

Nice try Vladimir Vladimirof

Congudations of female gender. For instance Semenov last name would be written as Semenova in female's case. Usually at the end ether a or aya is added. Regarding gender there are 3 types of congudations: male, female, and gender-less.

Russian is fully inflected -- every noun must have recognizable case, gender and number, and all its adjectives and some verbs must be in agreement on all three points. This alone is the reason people hate learning Russian.

To add to my post regarding genderless congudations for example shit is genderless, morning, canvas. But table is male gender, chair, computer. Female gender would be car, street, school. I know it doesn't make sense, I can't explain it.

On the other hand if you are a native Russian speaker all other languages are easy as fuck. I'm 23 and I know English French and Spanish fluently without an accent. That's why Russian's make for great spies ;^)

This.
They do it in Greece, too.
For example, if Georgios Papadopoulos has a daughter, her name might be Georgia Papadopoulou.
This will come in handy when Greece and Russia take over Eastern Europe and the Near East together in the name of Orthodoxy for a new Byzantine Empire.

They aren't different. It's the same last name, just with male and female suffixes. The whole fucking language is full of this, not only last names.

Gender inflection of names.

The accents are a killer, I think. I have never met a non-native Russian speaker who could speak with no accent. I actually made some dumb Americunt cry once because she married one of my distant relatives and I got drunk on open bar vodka and told her she will never speak Russian fluently. On the other hand, if I switch my brain to "Russian mode" I feel like my pronunciation is better even in Eastern languages, like that time I took Chinese as an elective. Something about having all those funky phonemes I think.

that has nothing to do with it you liar piece of shit

Who the hell knows, niggih

How do you say "Sir" and Ma'am" in Russian?

Wtf I hate Russian now.

"gospodin" and "gospozha"

you don't

You don't.

It's masculine and feminine difference.
Suffix -ov basically means "of"
So if it was Nikolai Alexandrov, it basically means Nikolai of Alexander. Same for feminine, except you can't really see a written difference when you put it in English

-ski or -ska would be the same with the meaning "of"

-IČ or IĆ is a dimunitive
For instance if you're Nikolai Alexandrovič, it would somewhat be understood as Nikolai little-Alexander. This would indicate that you're the little Alexander or simply son of Alexander

It's the same as scandinavian -son and -dottir

sad!

Google "patronymics"

kek