Trollhunters

Why aren't you watching Trollhunters? It starts a bit slow but there's some great characters in there, good waifus, and solid action scenes. I was surprised.

Only watched 4 episodes. When does it get good?

Watched every episode. Wouldn't it be funny if the show went the way of Skyhawks where the next season was "the other side of the ___" and they canceled it?

I was starting to dig it by then but I'd say by episode six those tropey episodes are done with and starts getting into more cool fantasy stuff. Episodes 10,11,12,13 all rocked for me.

already watched OP

Waiting for next season

Also waiting for Voltron S2

It's generic trope show, so never.

>good waifus
Lies
Give it to episode...well I'd say 8 since that's when I think it starts getting really good, but if you're still not convinced, episode 12 filters a lot of the bullshit out of the show

Fair warning, bitches die in this show. Villains, main characters, side characters, and one off characters all.

So you saw.... two episodes tops?

It's Netflix though. They've ordered more seasons of shows that were financial and ratings flops (see Marco Polo). I really don't think they would cancel this when they've ordered virtually everything else they've made.
Um, asian museum caretaker and asian school girl can both get it.

Early season 1B is REALLY trope heavy.

>waifu
>two timing whore
Are you trolling?

"whore"? You got some weird stuff you're putting on Mary. She likes boys.

Am I the only one that felt weird one-sided incest feelings between Jim and Barbara?
Kid just seemed a little too into his mom, even before the whole "Her life is in danger!" Shit.

Apologies, I meant slut. Whore's are smart enough to get paid.

Main girl meanwhile is a turbobitch for making MC babysit while she went to the concert with douchebag.

I got a tiny hint of that too, but I think that's just cuz Barbara is sort of a babe? Like she looks really young.

The body count is pretty high on this shit. When they started and were all going full retard "killing is the wrongest and fucked up!" With the gnome I was fully expecting them to go that way, then Trollhunter starts killing everything in his way and it was all smiles from that point on.

Most good movies and shows follow tropes to the letter. See zootopia or star wars.

Because i'm pass the age where cartoons are entertaining, and i'm not a cancerous waifufaggot.

No. The early episodes were legitimately weird in that regard.

The director has a funny idea of what a devoted son should look like. Kissing your sleeping mother is weird.

What? She didn't make anyone do anything. He chose to do that, because he wanted to check the baby out. She was bitchy during a few episodes, like when she won't stop bringing up her brther and rushing everyone to save him. But, you chose the wrong example.

I think it's more execution vs self defense.

Remember, his first kill is the dental hygienist

Now the oath of pacifism on arg was completely disregarded by the end of the season.

Using someone as a "human" shield to the point of death is not fucking pacifism.

> Because i'm pass the age where cartoons are entertaining, and i'm not a cancerous waifufaggot.

so.... why you on Sup Forums then bro?

She didn't tell him who she was going to the concert with until it was more or less too late to cancel.

Even putting him in that situation makes her a bitch.

Which episode you referring to? I know he tricked Nomura to not break his oath in Ep 12, but he definitely made an intentional choice to stop pacifism to Save Toby against Stone Bular

Certainly couldn't be for the comics, no way. I like how this is the typical response for everytime someone says they don't watch cartoons.

You have such obvious personal issues with girls that its hilarious. Did some girl in high school turn you down and its making watching this show tough?

How dare a girl go to a concert. How dare another like a few boys. What's wrong with that? Oh, it's because they don't like you.

Comics are considered to be even more childish than cartoons in our society, you dummy.

Tobias is honestly the best fat best friend I've ever seen.
When Aaarrrrrgh punches Bular to rubble to save him I actually got a little teary eyed. I didn't think I'd like this show since the beginning is so generically cliched but its got a decent amount of heart in it.

You know on a shared bored that covers multiple topics, if one of them is about an entire medium I think I'm too old for (but still read comics as if that's so much more older and mature), I just generally don't go onto those threads to complain about them. Can you go away now? Some of us are talking about cartoons on a cartoon board.

I did, but the lack of husbandos (besides Strickler, I guess?) means I'm slightly into it than I could be.

* slightly less.

>colored hair stripe
Is she Asian?

The Nomura example. That goblin wasn't infront of him in the first place. He grabbed his ass along with the curtain. That was well before he officially abandoned his oath of nonviolence.

Sup Forums isn't your hugbox. Op asked why people aren't watching the stupid show. I gave an answer. Stop getting ass ravaged because someone doesn't want to watch some waifu bullshit.

>No husbandos
>Aaaarrrrrgh
>Bular
>human blinky
>the gym coach
>Steve
>motherfucking Jim

Board*, stupid.

spanish. or half spanish. One of her parents looks pretty white.

If we're counting the gym coach than that German spanish teacher counts.

Nah he's clearly into his mom.
Which adds an entire cucking subplot to Strickler trying to bang her.

Sorry, user. We didn't intend to disturb your sophisticated enjoyment of Big 2 capeshit.

Shit I forgot the German. He is prime husbando material.

>How dare a girl go to a concert.
With a guy obviously trying to get into her pants. While leaving her love interest to do her chores. This is a conversation about waifu material.

>How dare another like a few boys.
Again, dating multiple boys at once does not denote waifu material.

Also, if your girlfriend does either of this shit to you, you are a cuck. And I don't mean an internet cuck. I mean an actual cuck.

Because Marvel and Dc are the only two companies that exist, right? Goddammit, cartoons and comics really need to be split.

>metaposting
Enjoy your ban retard

She's Mexican. Fuck's sake she has a photo of her taken with Olmec stone heads and her last name is Nuñez.

The only two companies that are discussed in this board, yes. But if you want to discuss capes mansplaining on another board, feel free to do so.

>Defends not having girl issues.
>Uses the word "cuck" seriously.
>And about freshmen-level kids.

Which also incidentally is why the MC keeps trying to impress her with his Spanish.

Also she constantly speaks Spanish.
And Jim learns spanish just to try and talk to her.

Does she celebrate Day of the Dead or wear luchadores masks? That's the only true way for cartoons to state that a character is Mexican.

>And about freshmen-level kids.
1. They're juniors
2. We're talking about literal infidelity here. The asian was 2 timing. She tries to 3 time with what she thought was a college boy.

They surprisingly didn't do a Halloween episode.

This thread needs more fan art.

>shaft isn't black
ONE JOB. She only gets the power to go through those holes when the shaft she's gripping turns black.

Just finished it. I loved it. It has Totoro's Mark of taken a cliche premise and spinning around it interesting characters and a massive and inviting mythology. The pilot isn't actually too bad, as it allows the rest of the season to be a massive delight. The episode where Jim one punches his bully and calls out Draal is when the ball starts rolling.

It's a spectacular adventure series, and I can't recommend it enough.

>Why aren't you watching Trollhunters?
CG animated series hardly ever appeal to me visually. I gave the first episode a shot, but I didn't like how it looked.

This isn't an adventure series.

They literally get swallowed by the mountain troll twice so they would have one less location to design.

You get used to the weird looking eyes after a while. Heads are always too big though.

Sure user, I'll humor your autism.
How is the show about a boy with a mystical amulet and his troll friends finding trinkets to stop evil trolls not an adventure series?

>adventure
>high school
If they manage to stay in the Darklands for more than 4 episodes I'll say it's an adventure series.

If there's no exploring there's no adventuring. And this show literally has just 10 locations all but 2 of which are within minutes of each other. The MC literally does a complete circuit around most of this universe in the span of a time stop lasting less than an hour.

How long until we get some Trollhunters rule 34?

>Protagonist has black hair and blue eyes.
>Natural born hero for like, no reason.
>Father has no part in his life.
>Is named Jim. Like Jim Gordon.
>Mother is a hot, intelligent, glasses wearing red head named Barbara.

My headcanon, until proven otherwise, is that Trollhunters is a DCAU setting in which Barbara Gordon retired from being Oracle after her legs started working again, married some shmuck, had an affair with Bruce Wayne, and then the shmuck fucked off five years later when he found out he was cucked by a billionaire and raising his bastard.

Nomura best girl. Dem hips. Dat murder.

Because I can't get past the name. It just reminds me of TGT.

but that just makes it better

No because when I think of it I think of how much better a TGT animated series would be.

This show made me realize Anton Yelchin died in a freak accident recently, he voices Jim. That's going to be hard to recast for s2, may slow things a bit.

I find the interesting thing being even though it was released with 26 episodes instead of the usual 13, it was clearly written such that it could survive if released 13 at a time, there are two distinct 13 episode arcs going on, with two major villains and two end boss battles.

I'm not sure if it was intentional, but it felt like they set up the voice change with Blinky talking about his voice changing soon due to puberty.

Why DID the amulet choose him specifically? I understand that the thing was trying to avoid more "lolthesun" deaths, but why the fuck this guy? He was not naturally skilled, or fit, or even have a troll-like mentality. He just feels like it was an accident.

Bular was right there waiting to take the amulet for himself the moment the sun set, it didn't have much choice but to escape with the first person to come by it.

>He was not naturally skilled
Knife skills from cooking are apparently transferable too sword fighting.
>or fit
He seems to have no problem with all that leaping around he has to do to avoid getting killed in every fight.
>or even have a troll-like mentality
From what I've seen of the trolls that doesn't appear to be a drawback.

The protagonist has very good reflexes, which is pretty useful when you can be killed instantly by a guy made of rock. The amulet also had no choice, with limited time to pick a new master before night came.

Is Johanna M. ARRRG in it?

They changed her DRASTICALLY, then discarded her in a later ep.

The fuck, nobody's posting pics of waifus, despite them being mentioned in op post...and swear to god if pedos here are talking about the PRETEEN human girls...

Halfway through the first episode the cliches started really grating on me.
>Average joe nomie protag
>Single child of single mom
>Fat but supportive friend
>MC pinning over some broad
>Bullies who shove nerds into lockers
>Find magic relic left by great warrior
>same old meh tier jokes

Is it worth?

yeah, just let the pretty art direction carry you until ep. 6, then it gets fun

He does KO the bully later on, and unlike spider-man, he gets told he's a good boy for it.

the best part is they spooky

In the book Jim lives with his single dad, mom having left due to dad being an emotional wreck traumatized by his brother being taken by trolls when he was a kid.
I wonder if that will turn out to still be Dad's backstory in the show, and he actually left to look for Trolls.

I remember seeing a milk carton with a face on the back, so that's interesting.

>Nomura will never crush you

Nomura looks terrible in stills. I guess that's just how important her body language is to her character.

yeah i agree for the most part, she was animated great