The new trailer looks pretty bad, but at least it does't look THIS bad

The new trailer looks pretty bad, but at least it does't look THIS bad.

Admit it. The sequel trilogy will probably be shit, but it will never be as shit as the prequels.

>inb4 ROTS was actually good!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XicBBN1l4
strawpoll.me/14116229
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Prequel Trilogy sucked ass but the universe it was trying to develop is miles better than what Disney is doing.

Let's hope for more world building in this one.

find me a movie from 2002 with CGI as good or better

it's almost as if the reason why the prequels failed is because they were trying way too hard to """build a universe""" so they could sell more toys instead of telling a story that actually fucking connects with people

are you actually going to sit there and imply that TFA's story connected with anyone?

TFA was worse mate. It was nothing more than a sell out which pissed on everything else.

>prequels failed
I won't argue that the prequels were good, but they certainly did not fail by any metric.

Episode 1 and 3 are good movies and 1 is already better than 7, so yes it is better

1 and 2 kinda sucked

3 redeemed the universe to an extent but idk if they redeemed them entierely

>they were trying way too hard to """build a universe""" so they could sell more toys
nigga you're talking about DISNEY. when TFA released I couldn't go a day without seeing some sort of kylo ren bullshit

(dubs)
toy story

>safe predictable rehash of a fantastic movie
>mfw even a cheap knock off of one of the greatest movies of all time is still pretty good

>at least the prequels did something new!
>midichlorians
>Jar Jar
>virgin birth and other weird Jesus parallels
>poop jokes
>Darth Vader built C3PO
>"younglings"
>killing younglings
>NOOOOOOOOOOO
>that awful CGI
>that weird Sifo Dyas plotline that goes absolutely nowhere
>Hayden Christensen in general
>terrible love dialogue

I don't like the sequels either, but I think people forget just how fucking awful the prequels were.

If the prequels we're all on the level of 3, there wouldn't have been a problem. I can't even stomach to watch episode 2

it has not aged well at all

3 was just as bad as 2

Every Star Wars movie is yikes tier, but at least the sequels have decent production value and dialogue.

LOTR

lotr

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
go watch the final Rohirrim charge in Two Towers and look closely when it zooms out, then get back to me

The Phantom Menace is the only halfway decent prequel.

>look closely in one scene vs the entire fucking movie

it was 99% practical effects and the few scenes with CGI have aged like utter shit

>TFA
>an almost 1-to-1 rehash of the plot of ANH drowning in special effects to help people ignore the wooden acting and lack of sensical continuity with the original trilogy

So we're the prequels faggot

i mean if you're a fan of superhero movies you might think that either of those are the deciding factor for being good

that's not the topic at hand.

Disney wants to sell toys, sure. But they don't let random bullshit merchandising opportunities affect the central narrative of the movie. So much of the prequels are written around merchandising opportunities because George, at his core, has been a toy salesman ever since he gave up director's salary for ANH in exchange for merchandising rights.

How many new ships were there in TFA? Were there any annoying CGI sidekicks like Ewoks? How many characters wielded lightsabers? Did you see a bunch of new stormtrooper armor? These were all opportunities to shove shit in the movie to sell toys. Hell, even Kylo Ren was a risky as fuck antagonist - making the villain an inept, gangly-looking loser instead of a badass-looking but generic villain like Maul could have potentially driven away people wanting to buy the figure.

Now compare that to the prequels:

>Darth Vader is now the literal center of the Star Wars universe through a hamfisted space jesus prophecy because he's the guy on all the cereal boxes
>New edgelord Sith with a new lightsaber every movie, which robs the trilogy of any real tangible antagonist, besides Sheev in the last hour of 3
>Jar Jar Binks to appeal to children
>A new kind of Clone Trooper and Battle Droid for every possible combat role or environment
>Boba Fett's dad is introduced and retroactively becomes the template for every Clone Trooper because Boba Fett was the most popular toy
>Yoda given a lightsaber because why not

Of course, you're going to ignore all this and call me a shill because Mickey Mouse raped your dog or something.

they're both too garbage to watch

why do you care so much about garbage?

fuck off shill

That's the point

>How many new ships were there in TFA?
kek they fucking REMOVED ships that were in ANH.
Where were the Y Wings or TIE Advanced X1's?

>yikes
Why the fuck are people posting this constantly?

Yeah, because the movie is about the STORY and the CHARACTERS instead of shoving in a bunch of spaceships for no reason. The core of the movie is Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren, and Han Solo.

George put new ships in the prequels at every opportunity

Wait, who's the soulless marketing machine trying to sell kids toys, again?

just watched this scene for the first time in years on youtube and it holds up so well it makes me want to watch the movie right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XicBBN1l4

Originality will always be better than a shitty "safe" rehash that relies on name recognition for buck.

>because the movie is about the STORY and the CHARACTERS
then why were both of those things complete shit?

The prequals were awesome. Good job riding the bandwagon user

What story and characters? It's a soft reboot of the Original Trilogy. I'd take original worlds, characters, and aesthetics over that every single time.

>Red arm 3po
>New monkey feet ATATs
>New redesigned tie fighters
>New storm trooper armor
>Phasma literally a toy character
>bb8
>space penguin
>space ice fox
>new land speeder
>new tie fighter advanced

fucking neck yourself

Try watching it on bluray on a high end 4k TV. You will eat your words faggot, looks awesome.

There is still nothing there that even remotely comes close to Space Jesus Vader, Anakin building C3PO, or the Clone Wars being made up of Boba Fett Clones from a Boba Fett clone

Phasma is a fucking side character, she's nowhere near as egregious as someone like Maul, who was supposed to be the central antagonist of EP1 yet is a total non-character. TFA had a fully fleshed out villain even if triggers you that he's a manchild who lost to a girl.

it's so dense

>Maul, who was supposed to be the central antagonist of EP1
according to who?
Sheev was always the main villain of the PT

lolwut

The Prequels didn't "develop" anything. They lazily over explained certain story themes like The Force by sayings its midiclorians. Besides this they just made up a bunch of new aliens and ships and marketing shit to sell toys and video games.

Nothing was "developed". It was an video game add-on pack for a movie.

Disney, however much it triggers you and you've decided to be on team contrarian, its actually expanding Star Wars stories and themes by developing the central themes of the meaning of the Force and battle between Jedi and Sith to be more complex, less black and white. Its actually "developing" story lines and themes.

All complaints made ironic by the fact contrarians complain about "homage" scenes like similarity between battles and environments are too similar and also complain themes are too different. You complain the unimportant shit is too the same and the important shit is too different.

You just want another video game add-on pack movie with new ships and planets with the same binary themes.

The sets are so bad.

For 2002 this was great CGI.

Whyu does a big budget star wars movie made 15 years later not really look any better visually?

>Rehash Episode 4 scene for scene
>Have character progress from Episode 1 Anakin to fucking episode 6 luke force powers in 15 minutes of screen time because she felt sad
>Former child soldier Finn laughs and cheers as he murders his child soldier co-workers
>Lemao the First ORder is evil empire even tho rabbles won last movie, we are no Resitanc3 hehehe kek
>Dethhh starr butt shottt 6 Lazeroosssss
>Thats a story for another time

I don't know who paid you but you should stop now.

name a single thing nuWars has expanded

>Bitching about Star Wars being an extended toy commercial.

Why are nu wars fans such faggots?

this scene actually is phenomenal being from the early 2000's, lucas shouldn't have did the close ups

>that dusty ground fight with the colorful blaster shots
pure kino

strawpoll.me/14116229

Kill yourself disneyfag.

>The Clone Wars and Rebels, however much it triggers you and you've decided to be on team contrarian, are actually expanding Star Wars stories and themes by developing the central themes of the meaning of the Force and battle between Jedi and Sith to be more complex, less black and white. Its actually "developing" story lines and themes.
FTFY. The only thing TFA has done for the Star Wars lore is completely nullify every single thing that was accomplished in the OT.

Nigga you stupid. The Prequels at least established the republic.

???

I was shitting on the disney shill who thinks the nu-wars aren't a jewsih affront to humanity.

>Prequel apologists will actually defend this

My dick when I imagined a mother daughter threesome.

Sheev is only openly villainous in the last hour of RotS, he's barely in Episodes 1 and 2 at all. There really is no strong central antagonist pulling the narrative weight for most of the prequels. Yeah, we know PALPATINE'S BEHIND IT ALL but there needs to be some antagonistic force battling the heroes and forcing them to act. The prequels change this character every movie (Maul, Dooku, Grievous) and they all fall flat because they're awful characters who exist to sell toys, and in Dooku's case, stunt casting.

Sheev is fucking amazing in RotS though, I will give you that.

Starship Troopers

fuck off mickey, you're not getting any more shekels from me

only bugs were CGI I thought
if Lucas had used CGI that sparingly then the PT would have looked fine

Woah woah woah

HOLD THE FUCK UP

I've never seen that extra footage when they're trying to de-activate the droids

Was there more to this? Are there completed deleted scenes? What is the meaning of it?

Did he seriously just touch ONE BUTTON to turn off an entire army of droids?

>Are there completed deleted scenes?

What you just watched was as completed as the deleted scene was. It was released on the blu-ray boxset.

I'm accumulating your reaction pic, btw.

DENIERS

B T F O

the boy and girl thing is so hamfisted holy shit

there are more sides to this story. Lucas was self financing an immense technological push for digital movie making as well. it's easy to shit on the prequels in the narrow frame of space opera genre, but they literally were a colossal R&D experiment in terms of pushing the craft and everyone benefited from it in the industry in the end.
He had the balls to do what the studio wouldn't, he took risks that studio didn't. He did more world first with the prequels than the OT in terms of technological breakthrough. He deserves credit for this side of the story at the very fucking least.