How do we fix the Green Lantern franchise, Sup Forums?

How do we fix the Green Lantern franchise, Sup Forums?

They need to do more one off cop stories. With more psychedelic art. Preferably with Kyle since he doesn't have much to do and is multicolored.

Remember to control the Corps population, have your Lanterns spayed and neutered

Fix the fucking Star Sapphires.

It may not fix the franchise, but it doesn't make sense for the people that represent "love" be a group of only female nymphos. What about aliens that reproduce asexually, or ones with more than two genders (I dunno how that shit would work, they're aliens)?

Fuck, I don't know why but everything about the Star Sapphires frustrates me.

Wasn't John Stewart a Star Sapphire?

>Fuck, I don't know why but everything about the Star Sapphires frustrates me.
They frustrate me too, because they're really poorly thought out and incredibly inconsistent

They have powers they use once and never again, they can't decide whether brainwashing members is okay or not, they can't decide if allowing men is okay or not (and if yes/no why), there's stuff you mentioned like does every alien species in the DCU have to have the same binary genders as humans? come on now that's just boring

not to mention nobody can decide what actually powers them! is it romantic love, does platonic love count, is the act of being in love enough, or is it unfulfilled love that counts? we've seen characters filling every criteria and more but nothing definitive and it keeps changing

they COULD be really interesting but somebody needs to dedicate some time to laying down ground rules for them

yeah for like an issue

Kill all Earth Lanterns and have John appear in five book.

There needs to be no more than two Earth Green Lanterns. They can be supporting characters without their rings. Kill off John, Retire Guy and idk about the rest.

NO MORE EARTH LANTERNS

Have Hal and Guy be the only earth lanterns.

>Retire Guy
You did not

Duck Dodgers in the DC Universe.

Add men to the Sapphires, preferably with manly skimpy outfits.
#sexequality

>Guy and John as honor guard on Oa, guest starring white lantern Kyle when he's not off fucking around with other shit.
>Jessica and Baz on Earth, maybe sort of mentored by Alan Scott when Earth-2 stops existing.
>Hal doing fuck all whatever because it's not like anyone can stop DC from having him do ridiculous shit.

>Star Sapphire Lobo
That'd be fun

Make it more digestable. That's the problem people have. Its continuity is crazy, the cast is large, and the meddling with each corp (having one lantern be green, then red, blue, then green again). It's confusing.

Basically, make it more cohesive, digestive, and put in enough effort. People will come it something's that good enough (like Animal Man).

Make Hal and Guy the only Green Lanterns from Earth. Kill or retire the rest.

Have them either be on space cop duty or off on Earth with shenanigans.

Came here to fucking post this.

Please stop with doing nothing but Skittles Corps.

DC cosmic is huge and underutilized.
As great as Omega Men was, it would've sold more as a straight GL title or GL arc.

REBELS, LEGION, Darkstars revamp, etc are things that have been neglected by DC and fans, so the easiest way would be to put them where fans can care would be a GL title.

Set the Green Lantern in a seperate universe. With all the stuff Darkseid or magic around it's getting kinda stupid. Since this will never happen it should just not play on Earth. Literally every other DC hero is there why should half the lantern stories be set there and luckily every important intergalactic entity show up there. Fuck that.
You have an entire universe for your setting. Be creative.(Although the entire universe is maybe to big for the around 3000 sectors of space. Might want to overthink the scale a bit)

Also what is the deal with the Star Sapphires. Are they simply brainwashed women? Is the only existing form of love of sexual nature? Where aer the ones that love their family or nature or any possible thing or concept one could truly love?

After that maybe the Sinestro Corps should rethink it's name after the twentiest time the leader changed you cuold just call yourself yellow already.

And maybe let the Blues once not job and be on the bringe of annihilation.

Kill Kyle

They do change their name everytime with the leader. Then Sinestro regains the leadership again and the name goes back to Sinestro corps.

It'd be pretty easy too if they want to create a new origin for them.

The GLC has ignored both organisations because they have been busy doing their rainbow wars/getting lost beyond time/infighting while L.E.G.I.O.N. sold their services to every populated world that felt like the GLC had abandoned them and Darkstars did their thing. Suddenly the GLC realises that both organisations are starting to become forces to recon with and since they kill criminals and have the audacity to get paid for their work they have to be stopped right there and then.

Things get complicated, preferably in a nice mix of action and political drama, and somewhere along the way the GLs have to face the fact that they're actually not that good at protecting the galaxy after all. Guest starring the Dominion, the Computer Tyrants of Colu, famine, war and planetary crisis in general.

Stop making more human Lanterns, or at least Green Lanterns.
Kill off the last two or three and forget they existed, like with whatshis face around the time of the Guardians Third Reich
Have more fun space adventures, do buddy-cop arcs, have Ch'pp and John hunt down a couple of pesky smuggers in a battered old ship that somehow keeps escaping local justice, Have Guy blowing off his duties to the JL/S to fuck around and harrass D-list nuisances, just generally take a break from BIG GALACTIC CRISIS OF DOOM MUST BE BIIIIG AND EPIIIC.

Do more none galactic crisis/Corps fighting stuff.I love simestro and the guys but with a whole universe to explore it feels like the lantern corps have become too bloated.This is why GL has been good,Simon and Jessica are on earth not dealing with corps problems,give Hal space politics,give Guy and John space cop stuff and let Kyle the white lantern deal with the cosmic stuff.Rhe rest of the corps can be used to provide supporting casts but for now let's relax on the focus on them

This is why GL Corps was a great run. Space cops doing space things in space

Maybye a compleate reboot would be needed.
Also don't make Hal the literal best at being a GL potential fute BL Leader, greatest Black Lantern and secound in comand in Sinestro Corps. Every human member had almost every colour already stop that

Soranik needs to unzip her shirt again. Even further. To right around the crotch region

You cant... Geoff Johns was a mistake, he ruined GL and Flash beyond repair.

DC could certainly do with more cosmic oriented titles. I love Green Lantern, but it doesn't need six different books coming out every month like during Nu-52/DC You

>he ruined GL
funny way of spelling fixed, friend

What'd he do to Flash?

>Fix the fucking Star Sapphires.
Or, consider this idea: Fucking kill the Star Saphires and bury them in a shallow grave.

Seriously, is there any merit to the Saphires? Anything they add to the universe, besides allowing Carol Ferris to stalk Hal around the universe? They're just another shitty lantern corps with no purpose to them other than to fill in a slot on a rainbow. Same for the blues and the violets. At least yellows, reds and orange can act as mildly decent antagonists.

Green Lantern is probably my favorite cape franchise and this right here is what needs to happen.

more space policing, less rainbow wars. Sinestro Corps War and the War of Light stuff worked but it's been played out for now.

I agree. The last few big things that hapened went like this.
>Muhaha I am big bad and I'm gonna kill everything
>Green Lanterns die like flies
>Final Conflict is either on Oa or Earth
>Every other Corps shows up and together they beat it
>Oh hey we hate each other, remember?
>Repeat

>kill off John
Killing off characters just because you can't think of anything to do with them is retarded Bendis-tier bullshit.

Just shelve him and leave him alone so someone who actually does know what to do can use him.

The Star Sapphires have some merit - they're just criminally underutilized, as opposed to being space cheesecake. They could set themselves up as peacemakers and diplomats, protectors of places where love hasn't had a chance to flourish. They could be the less aggressive, reform-oriented peacekeepers that they started to be early in the Johns era. Mostly, they just need someone to try something meaningful with them beyond "love is power". They can still be antagonists by clashing with the other spectrums over how to police the universe.

The Indigo tribe's custom-made to be antagonists - just have them feel empathy for the wrong people, or have a revolt in their ranks. The Blue lanterns are right at the point of dealing with their main conflict - the fact that hope alone doesn't get shit done.

>protectors of places where love hasn't had a chance to flourish
Could be a fun storyline, especially since most of the universe would probably go "piss right the fuck off" at them.

Get rid of the fucking Rainbow Corps.

>but it doesn't make sense for the people that represent "love" be a group of only female nymphos

Blame Johns for that one. The original incarnation of the Sapphires was that a bunch of space amazon warriors wanted Carol to fuck the living shit out of Hal and become their Queen to rule over. It never really had to do with Love, they just wanted a Queen to be a dom to them.

Bring an actual good writer.