Toonami Ratings for 12/24/16

December 31st will be a rerun marathon of DBZ Kai.

Dragonball Super will premiere at 8pm starting January 7th. That new weekly episode will then rerun the same night on Toonami at 11:30pm. Toonami expands 30 minutes to accommodate this.

DBZ Kai Buu saga will premiere at midnight starting January 7th.

Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 will replace IBO January 7th at 1am. This means without some unexpected schedule change, Toonami will not see anything new until June at the earliest.

GiTS SAC will replace OPM on February 4th. Just what we need, another rerun that has aired a million times.

A new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. 10 episodes in length, TV14 minimum, set to premier 2017.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

A marathon of the most boring part of Jojo on Christmas pulled terrible ratings, what a shocker. Personally I expected lower. Only 2 episodes made the top 100 chart, a new record low for Toonami. That short did ok, the first time at least.

12:00a Scavengers 1107 0.56 718
12:15a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure(r) 811 0.40 519
12:45a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure(r) 676 0.33 428
1:15a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure(r) 546 0.28 365

1:45a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure(r) 497 0.27 344
2:15a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure(r) 460 0.26 329
2:45a JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure(r) 408 0.23 294
3:15a Scavengers (r) 413 0.21 268

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kG2R8LqnLOs
desuarchive.org/co/search/subject/Toonami Ratings/type/op/page/2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You gotta wonder, Toonami goes to shit on a holiday understandably, but Family Guy does as good as ever

8:00 King of the Hill (r) 0.35 623 0.25
8:30 King of the Hill (r) 0.36 593 0.26
9:00 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.53 820 0.37
9:30 American Dad (r) 0.66 993 0.45

10:00 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.78 1228 0.56
10:30 Bob’s Burgers (r) 0.87 1327 0.63
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1533 0.75
11:30 Family Guy (r) 1660 0.80

Reruns didn't fare as well

3:30a American Dad (r) 454 0.23
4:00a Bob’s Burgers (r) 489 0.26
4:30a Bob’s Burgers (r) 516 0.27

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 514 0.25
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 485 0.22

First for best girl.

>GiTS rerun
I welcome this, its been so fucking long since I seen this series and I was just fapping to the major for a few days now.

I am happy.

>we get to hear this on tv again
blessed

youtube.com/watch?v=kG2R8LqnLOs

>8:00 King of the Hill (r) 0.35 623 0.25
>8:30 King of the Hill (r) 0.36 593 0.26
Let's be honest, these aren't even that abnormal ratings. Nothing ever seems to do well in Adult Swim's first hour on Saturday. Kai, KoTH, One Piece, Sit Down Shut Up, Home Movies, Aqua Teen, The Oblongs, etc. etc. all did poorly.

Are they just adding GiTS cause of the movie?

Kek at the op picture.
The ratings look exactly as people predicted, even the generals threads were boring

I wanted to quote you saying that I also belive that they want to ride on the movie hype and get some viewers

This, it starts airing a few days after the movie's released so that's probably what they're going for.

Dragon Ball Super will save adult swim Saturdays

Between DBS, Jack and potentially FLCL 2 I'm really hoping we see some good ratings for 2017.

I can see that happening, they are airing so many commercials for it.
i haven't seen super, but I have to admit it has gotten me hyped.

But the movie's going to suck, what if that makes people hate the series.

And is it really coming out in February, that soon?

>DBZ Kai Buu saga

The Buu Saga had little to no filler. What's the point of giving it the Kai treatment?

What about Debbie Reynolds? She's singin' in heaven now.

To do the whole show instead of leaving it unfinished.

>DB one of the most popular and profitable anime franchises of all time
>wonder why they would bother to complete the series
>especially when it requires almost no real work on Toei's part to "recut" the Buu saga

Money

>a rerun weekend after a rerun weekend
why

It has been only 1 trailer for the movie, right? If so, the movie is going to suck ass.

>Ratings for 10/31 (Nielson doesnt do ratings for gained hour)
8:00 Dragon Ball Z 786,000
11:30 Akame Ga Kill 1,285,000
12:30 Akame Ga Kill 1,091,000
1:00a Akame Ga Kill 908,000
1:30a Akame Ga Kill 848,000
2:00a Akame Ga Kill 832,000
2:30a Akame Ga Kill 741,000
3:00a Akame Ga Kill 695,000

>Ratings for 10/8
12:00 Gundum:IBO: 912,000
12:30 Gundum:IBO: 807,000
1:00 Gundum:IBO: 744,000
1:30 Gundum:IBO: 634,000
2:00 Gundum:IBO: 596,000
2:30 Gundum:IBO: 534,000
3:00 Gundum:IBO: 451,000

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is the worst marathon rating we've ever had. Even Beware the Batman did better. Granted, this was Christmas Eve, but surely DeMarco would've had better viewership numbers if he had done a movie right?

Kai did great there in comparison to everything else. Super being a premiere there will probably do even better. Don't know what that means for the Toonami airing though

>New Years festivities or Toonami

Gee I wonder

No it wouldn't have. Both last and this week are complete throwaway nights. Personally I'd be pissed if Demarco aired a movie on the one night myself and many others missed Toonami, not because of the marathon but because we were celebrating the holiday.

If he wants to give a movie another chance do it on one of the questionable marathon nights like Memorial or Labor day

More than likely, their recent rerun option was IBO and we know they don't wanna do that. So they sift through their permanent rights, and figure GiTS to go with the GiTS movie. I'd like to know if they are actually airing the whole thing or just half like they did last time.

Whatever they do I expect that slot to really be in the shitter ratings wise, GiTS really did poorly the last time it aired. Blame the time if you want but that still and indicator people weren't interested

What if it was a movie everybody had seen before though, like Evangelion 3.33 or Spirited Away?

Anything new to Toonami would be upsetting. Do you know how many people want Toonami to air 3.33? That would be a disaster putting it on Christmas.

Look, I hate marathons as much as the next guy, but these two have been the most justified since the 4th of July one in 2015. No one here or at AS cares about the ratings being shit these nights, because it's an expectation

Anything that people have to pay attention to seems to not do well. GitS, Parasyte, and even Dimension W. Mediocre as it was, I saw people even in these threads complaining they had no idea what was going on, even though the plot was pretty straight forward. It made me realize that even as people make fun of battle shounens like One Piece and Naruto for constantly flashing back to stuff that happened 5 minutes ago and reusing the same scenes in 3 or 4 episodes, it seems some people legitimately can't follow a story unless their hands are held like this.

>Dimension W

That pulled stellar ratings though. And let's be honest, halfway through it becomes an anime only clusterfuck, it's understandable not to follow completely

>That pulled stellar ratings though
Stellar is not the word I'd use. Adequate more like. I think on average it's actually better than Jojo so far, which is something.

>Evangelion 3.33
That would be a premiere that, if they did get it, would be best saved for a weekend like Memorial Day where more people are likely to see it.

>Spirited Away
The airing rights to Studio Ghibli films cost way way way WAY too much to ever air. Literally the only reason Month of Miyazaki was even a thing was because TCM had temporarily acquired the Studio Ghibli library for a month and were doing their own Ghibli Month at the same time.

Anime is cancer

1.2-1.3 mil every week is pretty stellar compared to IBO and Jojo. OPM is the only thing this year that outdid it

>what if Toonami spent all of this years and the 2018 budget to air a Ghibli film on one of the lowest turnout nights of the year

Do you even have a functioning brain?

Most people just watch Family Guy because it's just part of their routine, not because they genuinely enjoy it.

Of course it's going to suck, we all know that. What I'm concerned about is the shittiness of the movie giving people a negative outlook on the franchise in general; people who haven't watched/read it, and then disinclining them from doing so.

I was here on Christmas and even I won't be here on New Years. I can't remember the last time I missed a night of Toonami.

Also I just noticed, no more (You)s. What am I going to collect now?

So how many weeks until normies drop Super after realizing it's nowhere near as serious as DBZ?

OH MY GOD THIS BOARD IS SHIT

THIS BLOCK IS SHIT

EVERYTHING IS SHIT SHIT SHIT

dotted lines

1, when it premieres and everyone notices it's not as action-packed as the promos make it out to be.

Little to no filler? What about the Otherworld Tournament? Or non-Super Saiyan Vegito fighting Buuhan? Or some of the school stuff with Gohan?

No argument here

Gross, no.

you know what...

i think this guy is right for once.

>no more (you)s
fucking retarded phoneposters

I'm on a desktop not a phone and I don't see any (You)s, only dotted lines. I never post from a phone, fuck you.

He's right retard, Hiro removed them. Sup Forums X and other add-ons don't adhere to Hiro's bullshit though.

>not cooking up your own custom extension
I'm permanently in spooky halloween mode

>caring that much about Sup Forums

TOO BAD, IT'S WHAT YOU'RE GETTING

just install 4chanX

I probably will. I had it installed on my old computer, which was a toaster, and it slowed it down so I disabled it and I didn't think about installing it on this computer until now.

Sweet Christ, these numbers are terrible. Maybe he should've switched the marathons around and did DBZ first and then Jojo?

Anyway, how was 2016 for you guys?

no, you are not forced to be with family during new years, like in christmas, and to be honest, it didn't matter what show aired, it would've still done poorly.
and checked

Missed Scavengers, but tuned in for most of the JoJo marathon. Even got a few family members to watch an episode, but then we muted the tv and talked till like 3 in the morning.

show the numbers for the shitty One Punch Meme marathon

nth for Major booty

Super didn't start getting popular in the west until the movie arcs ended.

Why do you even post here?

Toonami threads gonna be hype when the Goku Black arc starts.

Yaoi on Ice on toonami when?

CQC Bro yaoi soon

(You)'re why.

You vastly over estimate the kind of mouth breathing shitheads who still consider DBZ the best anime ever.

>1.2-1.3 mil every week is pretty stellar
I agree that is stellar, too bad Dimension W didn't pull anywhere near that.

Stop

make me

>tfw Esdeath will never tonight, you you

desuarchive.org/co/search/subject/Toonami Ratings/type/op/page/2/
>never dropped below 1 million for its whole airtime.
How is that nowhere near the numbers he said? DW did great.

Slight thread drift: want to get the OG Dragon Ball on DVD and was wondering, should I get the original DVD box sets that have 13-18 episodes and broken down by plot arcs and omit the first 13 episodes due to rights issues, or the later box sets that collect the entire series in five box sets containing around 25-30 episodes each and include the first 13 episodes?

>29 weeks of idiots marking out to stupid twist after stupid twist

It's going to be Sup Forums all over again.

Who doesn't like Goku Black?

>or the later box sets that collect the entire series in five box sets containing around 25-30 episodes each and include the first 13 episodes?

This one of course.

IIRC the original smaller scale sets are full screen and uncut whereas the larger five volume set have been edited in terms of the tops and bottoms of the episodes being lopped off so they can be converted to widescreen format.

I thought Month of Miyazaki happened for a few years, I must be misremembering hard if it only happened once.

>doppleganger

ZAMASU, STOP TALKING ABOUT GOKU BLACK

Trunks

ded

There's a lot of filler stuff before and after the saga proper, alongside stuff like the aventures inside Super Buu.

It's still pointless though since Buu Saga Kai leaves a lot of filler stuff that happened during the series itself, like the villains watching the final battle from hell.

not yet

Will Joseph save JoJo from poor ratings?

maybe

Hopefully

>A marathon of the most boring part of Jojo
And OP continues to show their shit taste.

> villains watching the battle from hell

I don't understand why this series has such a warped plot device with Hell.

HE'S STILL DOING IT, LADS!

I'm not entirely sure, but isn't the only canon depiction of hell in the series Frieza's cacoon in the field of flowers where the fairies and toys have parades every day?

This block is suck

Well, the important game now isn't so much "can this arc itself gain viewers", but rather "can this arc keep audience retention as high as possible". If Battle Tendency can help keep most of the viewers coming in for the Dragon Ball hour around, it should be good.

>holding viewers from the boosted performance of Kai dub premiere

Seems like an uphill battle

That's really stupid. If you told me ten years ago that Dragonball would have a stereotypical "fluffy bunnies and cute things make someone uncomfortable" scene, I wouldn't believe you.

And by doing so you show the rest of us you are one of many retards who only watched DBZ and think this is a serious anime for adults and not a children's comedy with action. Super will really rub you wrong way

Show me a scene in Dragonball that was like that, I have all the volumes to corroborate. Toriyama had a pretty consistent look and none of it looked like that.

>cacoon

Show you a scene in Dragonball that was a wacky comedy scene? Watch any episode

well how else would you punish frieza without the obviousness of pain and torture