So people who like it, give me actual reasons why you like it. NO waifu's

so people who like it, give me actual reasons why you like it. NO waifu's

Somewhat unique story, even if it is flawed in implantation.

Ignoring all the filler episodes, the plot's pretty good

Fusions, fights, the OST, and the drama when it isn't "(X) cries about Rose" or "(X) has self-esteem issues"

Music is really good overall both BGM and full-on musical numbers.
Beautiful backgrounds, character development is heavily noticeable especially with how much the protagonist and overall weight of the stories have evolved.
It gets some nice animated segments once in a while especially during battles.
Fusions are such a cool concept
Sometimes the LGBT preaching and shipping bullshit gets out of hand but the show never strays too far from its core.
Overall pretty comfy.

Great soundtrack, world building, actually an interesting main plot, character development

inspired a pretty intense D&D campaign

Great plot and world building despite terrible pacing.

Good soundtrack.

Good character development for the most part.

Good plot and world building, with enough mystery to last the rest of the runtime.

Main character is actually pretty ballsy. Cries a load, but gets shit done.

The Crystal gems are pretty likeable as characters, and they pull of the mentor/student thing pretty well.

Animation is pretty damn fine post first few episodes, and the costumes have improved.

OST is good, and I like the songs a ton.

Some pretty unique themes beginning to emerge; it touched on the ethics of war and war crimes briefly last season. Combine that with Steven questioning his mother's motives and actions for the first time, along with all the other character development is pretty gripping.

Characters aren't forgotten, even if this board couldn't care less about some of them.

The preachiness is fine by me, as most kids cartoons do that anyway.

The visual gags, reactions and expressions on characters faces is fantastic.

The fights are really fucking fun. People shit on smoky's design, but it can look like whatever as long as that yoyo keeps bashing people around.

Fusions actually get shit done, and I feel like the concept has been done well. The mc's way of acting as an intermediary to fuse with pretty much anyone potentially is unique.

How would people even have waifu's on this show? The two closest gems close to being interested in humans are Rose, who is gone, and Lapis, who is fond of steven. And I wouldn't be too fond of /ss/ in this show

>Animation is pretty damn fine post first few episodes
Only thing I disagree with.
While some episodes have great animation, it's fairly mediocre for the most part and flat out awful every now and then too.

I enjoy the off-the-wall-humor mixed with the heart-warming dysfunctional family moments. It's an animated family sitcom with music, adventure, action. None of which I can confidently consider completely satisfying/good, but I appreciate the variety.

Also because the show is made by Rebecca Sugar. I like the songs she wrote for Adventure Time.

What's keeping me engaged in the show's fandom/discussion is the overall lore that was introduced in mid-season 1 and slowly trickling out to this day.

Huh. Any episodes as examples? I noticed I miss bad animation occasionally unless I rewatch shows.

I think THE ASIAN is most famous for awful animation but even when she left you get several moments like this that just look bad.

This desu

I like the idea of gem aliens having colonized earth and being forced off, and meandering back again. It's a believable sci-fi premise and their little rules about not needing food/sleep, reconstituting their light bodies after injury, being affixed to items, being grown in quarries, terraforming worlds all mesh with one another. Steven is annoying but is a bridge for exploring humanity having to cope with the gems coming back. The edgy grown-up relationship stuff and forced diversity is tolerable. I like fusion because of DBZ and Breath of Fire games. And most of the songs are decent.

I appreciate the sheer variety of stories told. Sometimes it's a sci-fi action/adventure story, or a romantic comedy, or just a good old fashioned character drama. Sometimes it's a musical, other times it's clearly horror-tinted. Everything from stories about supporting character's family issues to the main character creating temporal copies of himself to form a band and have an existential crisis. I avoid spoilers & preview clips so I never know going in what an episode's going to be about.

Also, I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like the show's lackadaisical approach to addressing its backstory - the fact that the show left enough in to insinuate the Gem war years before they addressed it was cool. And on that note, I like that all the flashback episodes are just character focusers set at key moments of their lives, instead of DEEPEST LORE expo-dumps.

Last but not least, Steven kinda reminds me of my young self. And I don't mean "I was a perfect baby Jesus", I mean that he's just a well-intentioned naive kid who genuinely believes everyone can get along. Sure he screws up sometimes, but he's usually the first to admit it, like when he broke down in Serious Steven or when he thought Peridot had betrayed them.

>when he thought Peridot had betrayed them
not steven's fault that the writers had peridot try to explain herself with the exact words that would sound like she was intending to betray them

Because when I was Steven's age I was as much of a FAGGOT as Steven is. Now that I'm older, I can appreciate how much of a faggot I was since I learned to appreciate my autism. I can enjoy watching Steven be a giant ass faggot who hasn't realize how great it is to fuck men. Had I watched Steven Universe when I was 14 and actually like Steven, I'd have called it animated AIDS and not watched.

Why do the afro lady and purple girl have 3 mouths?

It has good writing, good voice acting, a solid cast of characters who have grown and developed since the show's start, some great animation sequences, a soundtrack higher in quality than an American children's cartoon should have, and a good mix of both "slice of life" episodes and "lore" episodes.

I also appreciate the LGBT-inclusive themes of the show, including the fusion concept and the character of Stevonnie.

The only thing that dampens the show in any way is the fanbase for it. Many of those people could use a few years of therapy.

those are supposed to be lips

cute
funny
Slow build lore that doesn't make itself up as it goes along.
Waifus
Wait, fuck, dammit.

Never underestimate waifuism

When did you stop believing, user?

I don't know, why do you like chocolate, or peanuts, or beer? You just do.

Lesbians and I like the music.

that's a terrible comparison.

It's an amazing show with alot of shit covered in it
if you can handle the stretches of bumfuck nothing, it's really really gud

Really weird unique sense of humor, and it works. Like a webcomic almost.

Plot is really really good, character variety is god tier. Not even waifus, like, the actual variety of characters is great.

Its just a fun watch, I dont think its the greatest show ever made but its just enough slice of life and just enough action with just enough color and grimness equally to pull me in.
It reminds me of a slightly more mature colorful horse show and I enjoy that

I was a skeptic for the longest time. I watched a few of the early episodes here and there and the first episode when it premiered. I found steven to be pretty annoying then a my feelings in that regard really haven't changed but now that I've watched the series I understand what they are trying to do with the show as a whole and I'm impressed. Steven is no gary stu or whatever the fuck its called. He actually struggles with his powers, his friends, his family, and especially the gems. I really like that besides being a typical coming of age story that has a lot of depth plot and back story but there is the reality of how to coop with those around you.

Watching all 114 or what have you episodes without extended hiatuses probably colored my experience quite a bit but needless to say I was throughly impress with the thing from the drama to the action to the story. I feel like the only draw back is some of the early episodes dealing with the town they live in. It doesn't get tedious at all its just not as interesting as the rest of what the series has to offer. I'm glad that it seems like the later seasons seems to down play the town or use the town to further the main narrative in some way. Or at least go half way with it.