Wonder Woman will be "a coming-of-age story."

From Empire UK:

>"What motivates her is philosophical," explains director Patty Jenkins on the truly wondrous Diana Prince (Gal Gadot), seen here on the World War I battlefield. "She isn't just taking out bad guys or fighting crime. She believes in goodness and love. [She] is fierce and willing to fight, but only to protect a better vision for mankind. Hers is really a coming-of-age story."

>Jenkins also went some way to explain the World War I setting. "My approach was to focus on telling the story of mechanised war and how that would look to a god visiting our world for the first time," Jenkins explains. "[I wanted the audience to understand the horrors that a war on this scale makes possible and how shocking that would be to someone who comes with a strong sense of honour and justice. She doesn't realise yet just how senselessly dark the world can be."

empireonline.com/movies/news/wonder-woman-exclusive-explosive-new-look-gal-gadot/

And of course it will be british or US troops against germans in Flanders. Because that's all what ww1 was about.
I aint even mad.

But the world was always senselessly dark.
WWI is just where mankind started to get really efficient at it.
It's not the dawn of senseless cruelty in any way.
>Oh but she's wrecking everyone's shit in slow-mo for Peace and Love!

sound like that would be pretty obvious. its her origin and why she got disillusioned by man's world.
like tell me something cant suspect

It will all end up being a plot by Ares, so everyone is neatly rendered blameless.

Ive lost track of how many things this movie is supposed to "be".
Setting this in WWI was a mistake from the start. Ignoring the retarded Cap/WWII comparisons, the conflict itself was a complicated clusterfuck between several nations and theres a reason why there arent as many movies made around it. WWII there at least was a "face" to the enemy. Personally I dont see Wonder Woman handling such a depressing and dark conflict properly

shes been on her ilsand since birth, this is her first taste and at a war where the horrors were just starting to get there worse and being perfected. not to mention the chance that she also lived through WW2 and the other wars and injustices that the 1900s provided.

>someone who comes with a strong sense of honour and justice.
She's a woman. At best she comes with a strong sense of compassion and self-criticism.

>[I wanted the audience to understand the horrors that a war on this scale makes possible
>She doesn't realise yet just how senselessly dark the world can be."

Oh my god

WB and Snyder once again failing to understand what people want to watch

Kevin Tsujihara said the movie is fun
Gal Gadot and Jenkins have said it's pretty dark
Johns has flipfopped from saying it was dark (compared Diana to Batman and said she works in the shadows) to now saying that it's light hearted

Suicide Squad 2.0

What? They don't want to turn off their TVs, drive to the theater to have a cartoon character preaching to them about the unimaginable horrors of modern warfare?

It'll be fun for the whole family!

Anyone else tired of every director hyping their movie like its some 2000 page book on the meaning of life and human condition?

>Coming of Age
>Retires from public life soon after

Really confused over what this film series wants.

When its all said and done Wonder Woman still sat on her ass for a century doing jack shit. About the only thing I could buy is Diana returning to Themyscira for some time and returns to mans world just after MoS.

>female superhero
I suspect the media will suck it's cock because of how ""important"" this is.

Given its slot in June, this thing will be lucky to make half of what SS did.
It has a solid chance of opening at #2.

Tough-Girl butt kicking action movies get made Every Single Year, user.
No one tends to give a single fuck.
Stop being a faggot on Sup Forums.

It will be dark with a lot of retarded shit like blue laser shooting to the sky and unfunny humor

People have a limit to how much bullshit they can handle. Critics shat on Suicide Squad despite being one of the most diverse superhero films ever. Other female action films like Lucy, Salt, UltraViolet, Underworld, etc also get shat on.

Ghostbusters was just a special case.

Expanded scenes for Etta Candy quippery?

American sniper tho

>5000 years old
>coming of age

these are comic book movies not dramas

they need action and explosions and humor and fight scenes

Naw, number 4. Pirates 5, Alien and Baywatch come out before WW.

I wouldn't even care if it wasn't a lie

Ah Lucy was a special pile of stupid.

American Sniper was a patriotic circle-jerk about a real person fightan' Freedumb Haters.
It tried to salve America's nagging fears that it wasn't exactly the good guy in the ME.

We drink that shit up.

Will they keep the Wonder Loli scenes or put it in the inevitable Extended Fix?

>"a coming-of-age story."
>40 year old actress

She's only 30. And all the self-starvation has left her "waifish" to be kind.
Besides, we already have a Superman who was a busboy-drifter til the age of 33.

This.

Gadot is a hag by hollywood standards and WW is supposed to be centuries old.

Also

>a god visiting our world for the first time

Did this dumb bitch forget about the backstory to Snyder League? Darkseid came to Earth 30,000 years ago.

Don't be dumb. It means "this god" (Diana) visiting the world and what it means to her

Could be worded better though

Have the move be Fury if they want a coming of age story and a brutal war story.

Oh my god WB get your fucking shit together FFS

Of course we were the good guys, we were killing mudshits.

Can't because they honestly have no clue as to what to do and just keep flinging shit against a wall praying that something sticks, finally.

Now they get to find out why no one has made a Wonder Woman movie in the last 37 years of cape films at WB.
It's gonna be a painful lesson.

They de-age her digitally

Because making it that Ares likes the cut of that Hitler guys jib and decides to allow them access into Paradise island so he can get into the Hephaestus forges and make some really killer shit.

More likely to happen around the Mediterranean, or at least it would make more sense.
But then I guess anglos need their self-inserts.

Wonder Woman isn't a god.

Its kind of depressing how the Captain Marvel movie will probably do better than Wonder Woman

The director points out right there that it's not about war itself but about its scale and methods.
Learn to fucking read.

I bet she will "coincidentally" steal the godslayer sword not knowing she will have to kill a god or that a god is involved (and I feel it's not going to be Ares)

That would be the biggest sign of a shitty plot

>woman
>talking about and "understanding" philosophy
Is this bait?

Do you think they'll address any of the blatant hypocrisy inherent in the Amazons themselves?

Preaching peace while at the same time being battle-hardened warriors that'll disembowel the first Y-chromosome having person that sets foot on their island without hesitation?

Or how about coming from an isolated, homogeneous culture with no interpersonal conflict that tries to tell the rest of the world, and its hundreds of different cultures, that they are evil for fighting with each other?

Just as a guess, I'm gonna say no.

DC people call her that all the time, even when she wasn't a demigod

I'm pretty sure they called her a goddess more than once in the BvS special features

Worked for plenty of movies before.

Not even wondyfags want to deal with that

Ironically, the Allah Snackbars would be a much better foil for the Amazon than a bunch of not-Nazis vit der JERMAN ACKSENTS.

Would be insensitive to all the benevolent European guests tho.

It was pretty funny when people got all giddy about Lucy when action girl has been Besson's schtick for 25 years.

Then they're retarded.

...yeah

Hope they'll get their inspirations from right sources.

i feel sad women have to settle for this

I couldn't give less of a shit.

This is about American cheesecake, not Japanese cheesecake.

Butthurt libtard detected

Go get hit by a truck you cuck

I doubt most women care, they like male-lead action movies fine if they even like action movies.

they don't have to settle a vastly superior female superhero movie is on the way

God forbid we do something other than rehash Iron Man 1

American sniper had that

no one wants that

Those thighs save lives

But not killing anybody because of course an amazonian tribe modeled after the ancient greek goddess of war will have the same morals as the current US society.

This appears to be a rehash of First Avenger tho.
If it has Wondy visiting dying veteran Trevor in the final act...

I know they don't. People whine about how creatively dead Hollywood is but all they go to see are Star Wars and capeshit.

They're not even in the same WW you complete retard. What the hell makes you think this is copying First Avenger?

Can't wait! I just hope they remember this is primarily an action movie, but I'm kinda put off slightly by the deer in the headlights version of Wonder Woman they seem to be pushing here. I'm kinda tired of sweet little innocent Diana not knowing simple crap that amazons should already know about.

In either case, I hope that veneer of innocence fades quickly while the movie progresses.

People have big screen televisions, blu rays and streaming.
It takes Big Popcorn movies to motivate them to drive across town and sit in a messy theater after paying out the ass for snacks and tickets for the family.
People used to fill theaters for any old Summer flick back in the days when option B was watching that rerun of ALF or Golden Girls for the 3rd fucking time.

Alamo Drafthouse is the future of movie theaters.
Tolerable ticket prices and popcorn prices, excellent service, great food, alcohol and pre-show content that isn't just radio and ads.

she's killing people left and right in the trailers
for peace and love

I love Alamo Drafthouse.

They banned that cunt Madonna for being on her phone, fucking based.

They are even making blue laser unstoppable mythical weapons

its a war dude, gotta crack a few eggs

it's wonder woman dude, she doesn't need to

She is Superman tier.

It is like a bunch of children trying to kill her with pillows.

Its kind of patethic.

Snyder even said that her costume is darker because the blood of her enemies.

she has never been opposed to it. she will take whats necessary.

>she doesn't NEED to
not in those cases

It's not necessary in this case.

The edgier post-Artemis Wonder Woman has been cancerous.

I mean ones offending 2 billion of the world's population. The other a long dead group. Which one would they choose

>TFA has the mythological element with the cube
>WW is also doing "weapons deadlier than you could ever imagine" that cause blue explosions and shit
>the main plot is stopping the other side with these superpowerful weapons from winning the war

>THEY HAVE THEIR OWN HOWLING COMMANDOS (and it's not from any WW comic)

yes I just copied my post from Sup Forums

You mean there should be incest, rape with A lesbo subtext?

we don't know the extent of her powers and she was mostly knocking them over or disarming them in the trailers if i remember right.
were did tv get the blue weapons shit from? i didnt see any of that. I saw Dr. Cyber making deadly weapons which is her thing.

Why do you think Jewllywood has never made a movie about the Gates of Vienna.

>Besides, we already have a Superman who was a busboy-drifter til the age of 33.

zomg just like Jesus!!!

She is Zeus daughter, kid

No, she was made out of clay, "kid." The shitty New 52 verison was the daughter of Zeus.

The womanchild characterization from the DCAU.

So wait, she can take a few hits from Doomsday, yet she needs to deflect bullets with her bracelets?

pay attention

also
>dr. cyber

cry more tumblr

she's Zeus' daughter in the movies too

just like the comics

>expecting Sup Forums to read comics

this retarded bulletproof meme is never going away, is it?

They moved it to June which means the studio has more faith in it then they did before

I'm tired of having to explain this crap using comics because you tards refuse to accept it and keep posting Injustice like mongoloids

So here, in BvS she has to deflect debris with her shield.
Thus, if flying small objects can hurt her, so can bulelts, even if only partially.
She also has to use the shield against Doomsday's first explosion, and she is never hit directly by him, always using the shield or the bracelets to defend

And I know she should have been a bit scratched from the battle at least from when she rolls hard on the floor, but Snyder is retarded and his characters never get bruised in anything aside from the really important bits like getting stabbed in the heart. Batman didn't get bruised either.

>inb4 she should be invulnerable if she's that stronk

fuck you

I will copy this and use as pasta because every thread you idiots do this

she has alot of villians with Dr. have you ever noticed that.
shes Zeus' kid. literally names him in the first trailer.

They moved to June because originally it was opening directly against Transformers and all the other slots were taken