/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Best of Marvel Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.html

>Out This Week:
Star Wars #26

>The Original Rebel: Saw Gerrera Returns | Star Wars Rebels
youtube.com/watch?v=mLN_y-uWAVA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

people.com/movies/star-wars-the-force-awakens-adam-driver-gwendoline-christie-star/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What is she, /swco/?

Post awesome TCW webms

My folder si quite empty for this one

Reminder that if you don't think that TFA is trash, you don't deserve to post in this thread

Just posting best starfighter.

There is only one objectivly bad star wars film

Tfa is mediocore and over hyped though

>There is only one objectivly bad star wars film
Which one?
It's AotC isn't it?

Why is best Imperial so ignored?

came here to post this

>ywn pilot an old LAAT
>ywn live in it

aotc is the 2nd best star wars film

>the missile boat
How can one person be so wrong?

garbage

>We'll never see Lucas' vision of Episode 7 where Luke has reformed the Jedi Order and is dealing with the burden of passing a legacy on to his son, while Han and Leia work from both sides of government in a B-plot to stifle the criminal activity of the Hutts (who have grown in influence since the collapse of the Empire)
>Meanwhile, a new threat is emerging in the form of remnants from the Clone Wars (Geonosians seeking revenge, droids, ghosts of the past)

The main Villain is Nute Gunray's grandson, Windu appears as a force ghost, and there is a 10-minute long boat chase scene on a planet that's like a giant pond with alien lilypads

t. george lucas

>Windu appears as a force ghost
how?

Maybe he'll appear in a future season of Rebels.

I also want Slaone to show up too. Need to show how she made it to Admiral.

I'm pretty sure Lucas wanted a female protagonist for the sequel trilogy

You are mistaken about a great many things

>more Nemoidians
No thanks

What's with this guy lately? Did he appear somewhere recently or what?

You know he'd do it

Oh and I forgot Lando dies, he'd kill off Lando

I love the prequels and think theres allot of good in aotc

But the editing is a mess and the naboo scenes have no redeeming qaulities (ironicaly the deleted scenes where padme is packing are much better)

Dooku is criminaly underused.

I still like it allot but hell i enjoy it more then tfa but i cant say its a good film

As far as I'm concerned, Windu isn't dead until I see the body

Sam Jackson feels the same so I wouldn't say it's impossible

He could have lived, and learned how to ghost later
we don't even know the rules for how ghosting works

Neimoidians were accused of being Chinese stereotypes, they wouldn't make heavy use of them in the sequel trilogy for fear of the movie being banned in China and backlash in the states

>we can never have neimoidians again because of the chinese market
Weak

I'm probably the only person who would mouthfuck Jar Jar Binks. But I would.

Windu is Snoke

>best starfighter
>implying

How did Windu become an 8 foot tall alien?

>A-Wing
Also good taste.

loved the geonosis episodes but wasn't a fan of going back to geonosis itself

same goes for any planet that gets revisited

this planet felt too much like a darker, more barren version felucia

Sundari Mandalore was a good idea, hippy mandos aside

the projection we saw in TFA isn't his actual size

Peep my ride

Whoever managed to assemble this many fighters into this mess deserves it to work.

how does Sup Forums feel about Ahsoka Tano and her role in the Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons?

He's been confirmed to be seven feet tall in canon. The projection was about 25 feet.

I wish these or something like it showed up in the movies
It screams "Rebels"

>imblyign I know what nu-Ahsoka is like in Rebels
>imblyign ive ever watched Rebels

She is one of the best fleshed out characters in the franchise. She was beloved to an entire generation, as well as to us old timers.

It feels like she just showed up calling Anakin "skyguy" yesterday. Hard to believe it's been almost a decade...

He plays Pycelle in Game of Thrones

My favorite character in the expanded canon, I want her to appear in the movies in some way

>He could have lived, and learned how to ghost later

I doubt it. Sidious probably had his lightning set to kill. Windu was likely dead before he ever hit the ground.

>we don't even know the rules for how ghosting works

Not the precise details, but we know that the key to it is a complete release of earthy attachment to achieve pure selflessness. It's a weird paradox to my understanding. Achieving an eternal existence though a complete discarding of one's self. To gain immortality, you forsake everything that would appeal to immortality.

But then again, that's just my interpretation of it.

That's the best part - even though it's an ugly monster there's no real reason why it wouldn't work in the SW universe

all the parts are there it just looks fucked up. this could, and probably has, flown

Didn't like her at first, then she became one of my favorite characters in that series.

Be careful with that irony.
Some might take you seriously and agree

Best imperial isn't ignored

>He's been confirmed to be seven feet tall in canon.
is this from the novelization?

I'm not being ironic. At all.

Maul seriously looked like the devil in TCW

I think it's been confirmed in the Force Awakens visual dictionary, it's definitely been mentioned by the designers, JJ, and Andy Serkis

Luminous beings are she.

Pretty sure it was just an interview, but the truth is, we don't know for sure.

It's possible that the interview (it was Pre-TFA) was just to hide the surprise of him being actually fucking huge. It's also possible that the hologram is a complate farce, and Snoke doesn't even look like that (although Filoni already beat JJ to this Wizard of Oz twist in TFA)

Don't really like her all that much.

sith sorcery

Windu is going to be nu-Sheev

he's black

people.com/movies/star-wars-the-force-awakens-adam-driver-gwendoline-christie-star/

>But Neal Scanlan, chief of creature and droid effects, told PEOPLE, “This character is much better executed as a CGI character. That’s just a practical reality when he’s 7-foot-something tall; he’s very, very thin.”

I love Ahsoka, I haven't watched Rebels and I don't intend to.

I sure hope the Empire did kill every last one of these fucking bugs

[STARSHIP TROOPERS THEME INTENSIFIES]

>I haven't watched Rebels and I don't intend to.
You're missing out.

what's wrong with Rebels?

Why didn't the Separatists use flamers against the Jedi?

in Clone Wars you see Jedi (I think Skywalker) force pushing flames away and incinerating the shooters with them

>I sure hope the Empire did kill every last one of these fucking bugs
that queen from TCW survived but is sterile(Vader met her in the Vader comic) and Rebels has one(at least) geonosian still alive that will appear in the next episodes

pls don't bully the cute bugs

I hope he reveals that a fertile queen still lives, and they have to get her off-world to someplace safe.

are Jedi allowed to have casual sex so long as they don't form any lasting attachments afterwards?

At least watch the season 2 finale. That's got great moments for Ahsoka. I don't think you even need to know too much about Rebels beforehand going in.

Sure, why not?

Love is against the rules, not sex

Yes. The Jedi aren't celibate.

In any case, the attachments that Jedi forbid are more based on the Buddhist concept of attachment, not the casually used Western definition of "caring about anything."

Why are Rogers the best droids in Star Wars?

who are the top 10 duelists/combatants in the Jedi Order prior to Sheev Sheev'ing the place?

>Alright, I managed to attach a hyperdrive to this thing, but you're not going to get good engine performance with the undersized side panels.
>That's cool. I found these headhunter engines you can slap on it.
>Sure that will work, but you're going to lose cockpit space after I swap the generator out.
>And I want you to mount this turbolaser on top, you can use the powerplant that came with the TIE to power it.
>Where are you going to sit?
>In the Y-Wing cockpit you're going to mount in the front.
>You're not going to have space for your astromech.
>Nah, you can rip the droid socket out and stick in the front between the heavy blasters.
>...Y-Wings don't have heavy blasters.
>I ripped them off the same Headhunter as the engines. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna find me some robot arms to give my R2 unit so he can dual wield blasters.

>In any case, the attachments that Jedi forbid are more based on the Buddhist concept of attachment, not the casually used Western definition of "caring about anything."
explain further

Yoda, Mace, Obi, Anakin, council members, everybody else

>Knock up a bunch of Coruscanti women from one night stands
>Never pay child support
>Council can't say anything because it's not technically against the rules
I think the Council would probably have some limits

>In any case, the attachments that Jedi forbid are more based on the Buddhist concept of attachment, not the casually used Western definition of "caring about anything."
In theory and idealistically yes, but the disgracefully dogmatic state of the Jedi Order at the time of the separatist crisis and the clone wars indicates they were being just that stupid as the latter philosophy implied, hence their downfall.

1. Anakin Skywalker
2. Anakin Skywalker
3. Anakin Skywalker
4. Anakin Skywalker
5. Anakin Skywalker
6. Anakin Skywalker
7. Anakin Skywalker
8. Anakin Skywalker
9. Anakin Skywalker
10. Anakin Skywalker
11. Yoder
12. Bass Windoo
9001. Bitch Kenobi

- List compiled by Anakin Skywalker after the Council refused to make him a Master

Let's kill this forced meme copy paste before it gets going, cause this wasn't what he was going to do for the ST

Is Ki Adi-Mundi being responsibile for repopulating his species still canon?

I don't think it is

I thought Yoda fighting with a lightsaber was really silly. When I watched the OT I got the impression that true masters of the Force like Yoda and Sheev had no further need of those weapons, and relied 100% on the Force to do everything. Plus Yoda flipping around everywhere looked dumb.

That's an X-Wing cockpit
But other than that top notch.

No. As far as we know Cereans are not endangered.

>helicopter lightsabers
ugh

and this is coming from someone that can and will defend every poop joke from jar jar binks

once I've become stoic enough, I may have to reluctantly marathon the entire thing, and study it with perverse curiosity. The wobbly lightsaber blades and ezras blue hair & large nose really get on my nerves. Not really a fan of Rex and his brothers gaining weight either. Where do they find so much energy to actually create a bulk like that? Weren't they supposed to be hiding?

All by himself. Because let's be honest, that was never just an extra high forehead that even a member of the Code Lyokoid species would be proud of.

I was barely able to get into Clone Wars and Rebels is worse looking and written.

They're in one episode. And you're not going to believe me, you really wont, but it is the best episode. I mean its literally the highest rated episode of any Star Wars cartoon in history on IMDB.

It's a little known fact that the Cerean forehead is also the sexual organ of the species

>I thought Yoda fighting with a lightsaber was really silly. When I watched the OT I got the impression that true masters of the Force like Yoda and Sheev had no further need of those weapons, and relied 100% on the Force to do everything.

I didn't. The OT gave me the impression that every Jedi used a Lightsaber because using the Force as a means to inflict harm is a Dark Side thing.

As Yoda says in TESB:

>A Jedi uses the force for knowledge and defense. Never attack.
Lightsabers were the loophole.

>Jedi are allowed casual sex
>Force sensitivity is genetic
>The children of Jedi are likely to be Jedi
>Because of the "no attachments rule", Jedi cannot raise their bastards
>All these Force sensitive kids growing up in broken homes
Makes you think that maybe it's not such a good idea
Either A) The Jedi find the kid and snatch him as a toddler or B) They miss the kid and they grow up with one parent and therefore are more likely more prone to violence and crime

The Sith were born from the Jedi. Literally. It's mommy and daddy issues all the way down.

It also has the best scene in any Star Wars ever. And I stand to my words.

would you like to know more?

>It's mommy and daddy issues all the way down.
This may as well be the official subtitle of the entire franchise
It's not Star Wars without parental issues!

Even the Skywalker free Rogue One had daddy issues

The Buddhist idea of attachment is that it is the cause of all suffering.

This post I found(and copied part of my sentence from) explains it really well with a few examples:

>The concept of "attachment" used by the Jedi in the prequels and other canon materials (such as TCW and Depa's speech in the Kanan comics), as well as what Lucas has said IRL about it, is based on the Buddhist concept of attachment, not the casually used Western definition of "caring about anything."

>This is why you have Shmi talking to Anakin about accepting that things will change in your life, and TCW episodes that talk about the importance of being able to let go of things when the time comes and accept that you can't keep control of everything.

>It is actually pretty possible to care about people and treat them kindly while accepting that eventually they will pass out of your life, either through changing circumstances or death. Anakin just couldn't make peace with that because he needed to keep things how they were and have control of everything, and because he fought what couldn't be fought, he destroyed himself, Padme, and the galaxy. That's basically the "attachment is the cause of suffering" philosophy right there on the screen.

>It's only when Anakin finally says "I can't keep control of the galaxy and I can't force my son to serve my wishes and stand at my side like I want, because that path will kill him like it killed his mother, and I love him and want what's best for him even if that means I don't get to keep him" that it all finally ends. (When of course the last time he faced the situation of someone he wanted to keep conflicting with his own wishes for them, he choked the hell out of his wife rather than let her go if that's what she wanted.)