Nova #2 preview is out, with the issue being released next week

Nova #2 preview is out, with the issue being released next week.

Rich and Sam finally meet in the flesh!

>just rushing at a Many-Angled One/Cancerverse monstrosity
Never change, Sam.

First issue was good and I like the art a lot, will cop

>Rich: is dis nigga serious

I like the colorist a lot
this seems fun

>Rider

Bendis' powers are weakening.

Him having both arms is like a middle finger to Bendis.

Yeah, so far in the first issue and this preview, we've already had references to every writer's works whose touched Sam since his creation yet everything Bendis did with Rich (changing his last name and cutting off his arm) were scrapped.

Puberty?

I figure it was a joke on tentacle monsters
I kekked at least

Enemy of all children, twisting and contorting them into the vile wretches known as teenagers.

I figured too, but I thought it could have been an old enemy of Sam's or something.

Bendis called him Rider too you know. It's time to let that old meme die.

That's what makes him charming.

All the artist team is doing a fine would, I would say. Well, I'm not a fan ot the dialogue lettering, but apart from that...

The first issue here was really surprisingly good and I like the duo set-up here. If anyone reads Sengoku Youko pairing up Sam and Rich makes me think of the mentor relationship between Mudo and Douren.

>I'm not a fan ot the dialogue lettering
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I liked the writing, coloring, and art but something about the lettering in that first issue really bothered me.

>Sengoku Youko
I wish more people read Mizukami's works.

G A Y
S H O T A
A C T I O N
W H E N?

I missed the first issue, but was the lettering anything like it is in this preview?
because it seems like it was put in at the wrong size/resolution compared to the rest.

are the chituari the new "generic aliens" ever since the Avengers movie?

>because it seems like it was put in at the wrong size/resolution compared to the rest.
Almost all previews have that problem.

Biscuit Hammer is plain just one of my favourite comics.

They were used exclusively as enemies for Sam up until ANAD. That's when they started getting used as generic aliens for the rest of Marvel. Up to that point, they were pretty much just Sam's antagonistic alien race.

Which means you could kind of put the blame on Sam for drawing the Chitauri's attention to Earth.

>Which means you could kind of put the blame on Sam for drawing the Chitauri's attention to Earth.
Well, I mean, other than the fact that it's explicitly Captain HYDRA's fault.

The second arc of SY is his best work, for me. But yes, Samidare is still one of my favourite books. Also, Spirit Circle, but that wouldn't work well for Sup Forums, I think.

>lol let's just forget all the stuff Rich told Sam about power and responsibility, and how Novas always do what's good, even if it kills them
>lol let's just forget the emotional impact of Sam telling Rich's parents that he's fucking dead
>lol let's just have Sam's mother talk in Spanish half of the time, because that's what hispanics do, right? it's not as if she was a normal human being before our new #1, right?
>lol let's just pick a random font in photoshop, if it looks like shit we can just put it in bold italics!
>lol so what if the artwork looks like shit, who the fuck cares about Nova fans anyway, we need to bring in people that won't buy comics with our hipster art style that doesn't match anything else in the series!

why they using lowercases?
what is this ultimate universe again?

To be fair Rich telling Sam to keep being Nova made 0 sense.
He had huge reserves about anyone else being Nova and wanted to make sure the small amount he kept were trained by him personally. And that was a few weeks before he "died".
Hopefully this writer acknowledges that and can play off that issue as that not being the real Rich.

>fuck, this "Rich being alive" storyline isn't really working out for us, nor does it make any sense
>I've got just the solution for you.
>Terry Kavanagh steps into the light out of a shadow in the corner of the room
>just say he was a Chituari clone
>we already used that one for his Dad..
>Kavanagh steps backwards and returns to the void

It's a skrull.

That face conveys so much.

He called him Ryder

>THAT'S who they got to replace me?
>I could leave right now and nobody would know

Remember, buy this book to shut Brevort up for a few months.

Kavanagh

not only a clone but also a clone wearing an enhanced chitari battlesuit called Deadslash

Stylistic choice. That said, the lettering here is pretty shit. Looks too comic sans.

I refuse to buy this book until Sam gets cancer and is killed off permanently and erased form existence in such a finite way that he can literally never be brought back. Until that happens, this book is dead to me.

Scorched earth on NINO or else.

Same. Sam is going to cripple this to a 11 or 12 issue with his presence.
I'll pirate it for Rich, but I'm not paying for it till Sam's gone.

you talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded

Cannot believe there are people in this world who waste their efforts into hating some fictional character because dull reasons, and they still actively hate said character even when they hold no more reasons to do so.

I mean, It tires me to think about hating some harmless idea so much I cannot believe someone else is willing to do so. But I don't htet why people are so invested into company wars either, so I must be dumb or something.

There's tons of threads dedicated to hatred towards characters, so I don't get why a couple of posts would surprise.
Shit, dude. There's been plenty about Carol Danvers and Miles Morales.

Yes, this works for me.

At least the Carol hating has some sense. The pain and its effects are too recent.
I don't get it the Miles hating either. They're not going to make him the main line Spiderman in at least 20 years, and Peter NEEDS to grow and leave behind the teen-tween drama. It would be a nice spot for Miles to fill. And they're not going to get rid of Peter, ever.

Hatred towards miles mainly stems hating all things Bendis.
One of the main reason those 2 are hated is also because how hard writers fellate them while most dedicated fans don't like them.

Why don't you go die of cancer like your son, Loeb. I will never forgive you for forcing DnA to kill Rich off so he could be replaced by your son and I will never stop until you pay for your sins.

I see. So the thing is that people hate the characters because they hate the writers pushing them.

I get it.

But I also can see the chances and opportunities new characters can bring to the table in the right hands. It's way more productive.

Fireworks now? Really, Captcha?

>not using legacy captcha
>not submitting to hiroshimoot's shekel grubbing and buying a gold account
wew lad

It's just that after so long, people give up on characters and as they continue to be pushed the distaste only gets worse.
I gave Sam a fair chance at first, but I couldn't convince myself to like him.
I'd rather Marvel be their usually lazy selves and finally say "fuck it" with Sam.

This book is everything I wanted.

I love Sam and Rich.

I'm a jobless, yuropoor fag, user. Don't throw salt to my wounds. I have to work with the little I can.

Same. This is the exact book I've been wanting for years now. I never had a problem with Sam and even liked him at times, I just missed the fuck outta Rich. I'm perfectly happy with the two of them doing a buddy-cop/mentor-mentee deal.

Yes.

YES!